Motorcycle discussion thread

I intend to buy a motorcycle soon, Holla Forums, I'm hoping some of you know more about them than I do because I want to ask for tips on what red flags to avoid in a motorcycle and what are the must-haves.

Demands

Other urls found in this thread:

motorcyclecruiser.com/buyers-guide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Avoid seeking advice about something upon which your life depends from any chan, but especially this one. Seriously.

And right there is your problem.
For $2000 you can get a well-used (like 1987) Magna. Or you can get a newer Rebel 250, hardly a cruiser and it will need lots of upkeep. Or you can get a couple crates of smashed Harley parts and build your own.

Alternatively you can explain how it is that you have insurance and a motorcycle license without having a motorcycle to insure or ride for the driving test.

No jokes about using cheap additives for fun?

Good idea, having your chin grinded off sucks.
Kevlar jeans are the shit, comfortable, protective and you don't look like a power ranger like leather.
No idea why you want all the cons of riding without the pros of blistering performance.
Tank bags are also a solid option if you don't carry much.
Good luck, cruisers are expensive so only clapped out shit goes cheap.

If you want a cruiser because you think you'll be cool like Arnie in terminator I have bad news for you. Seriously that is the only reason to get a cruiser.

Get you a douchy leather jacket with an emblem on the back..You will be one bad nigger

Um, no.
Cruisers are the best bike you can get if you are going to use them fro what they are designed for…oddly enough, that is cruising…driving long distances for days at a time. Or if you live in a place where you will be riding moderate distances every day. They are built for long term comfort, unlike your ricers, which are built for speed and performance on tracks and in street races. I don't know about you, but I don't take a track to work, I take a road, and I don't usually race anyone on the way there.

Bottom line is what you will be doing on the bike. Since this is a troll thread, and OP is not going to be doing shit on a bike, it is irrelevant, but your claim that the only things cruisers are good for is making you look good is simply bullshit. They are 100x more comfortable to ride all day, every day. Leaning back in an easy chair is much more comfortable than being bent over your tank like some felon's bitch.

Touring bikes are actually the best if you are going to be spending a lot of time on it, that is why people that ride for a living like cops only use touring bikes.
You think cops that ride 40 hours a week don't have the most comfortable bikes available? After searching for examples from multiple nations police forces I found the US is the only place I could find that uses cruisers.

So this is only true for Harley's.

There are heaps of other brand cruisers:

Jap cruisers are very reliable. I would shop around more. Harley's have a lot of support but they are also expensive and moderate to high maintenance.

motorcyclecruiser.com/buyers-guide

Um, no.
Cruisers are the best bikes to buy if you want fat dudes to hit on you and tear your ass hole open behind the gay bar if you use them for what they are designed for… oddly enough, fashion accessories. All that leather and chrome will look great next to your semen and shit stained Macbook and iPhone. They are built to go slow and vibrate a lot so the riders can throughly enjoy the butt plugs that never leave their place, unlike the crotch rockets, which were built to maximize the benefits and economy of a motorcycle: being much faster and more efficient than a car while taking up much less space. I don't know about you, but I don't have a mental disorder, I like women because I'm not a fucking faggot.

Bottom line, other than your ass hole, is what you will be doing on the bike or behind the gay bar. For the price of a used Harley Davidson that is "comfortable" on long journeys and has storage space, you could buy a used Lexus, which is much more comfortable, offering a smoother ride, quiet interior, safety, much more storage space, much better reliability, better build quality, better value per dollar, and most of all, an anus that isn't prolapsed after a cars and coffee meetup. The point of luxury travel is complete isolation from the travel itself. A motorcyle for luxury travel is a retarded idea, unless if you consider poz loads luxury.

Sucks for you bro, motorcycles are expensive. You are going to be paying a lot to maintain your bike and keep it running in good shape. It really just depends on the bike how often your going to pay for it and what maintenance needs to be done.
Finding a motorcycle for less than $2000 (that isn't a neglected piece of shit) is going to be pretty difficult. Most cruiser bros more specifically Harley dude lmaos overpaid for their bikes and your going to have a hard time talking them down. Really sounds like your best choice would be an old Yamaha CB.
The thing is the best choice of bike is really what the rider needs. The picture you've linked actually isn't even really a cruiser that's a classic touring bike, there so out dated there is no reason to ride them except to look cool. and trust me you don't look cool to anyone except that other guy you passed once on the same bike a few months ago.
So what do you need out of your bike? Long distance riding? chyeah good luck finding a comfortable, running touring bike for that price and even shitty metal touring bags are expensive. G0TT4 G0 F45T? Sportster or a super sport (what normies call "crotch rockets"). Just generally want to ride around and have a good time for cheap? UJMs, naked bikes or a cafe racer. Want to look cool and pick up sweet ass chicks? Don't even start riding because you're going to end up killing yourself and possibly someone else.

Seriously think about why you want to start riding and really ask yourself if you're ready to.
Here's some cool bikes I recommend
CB 750: UJM the birth of the sports bike
Honda Magna v65: I wanna go fast and I'm probably going to die if I'm not an experience rider
SV650: Comfy seat and mind boggling torque for ripping dank wheelies brah

SCIENTIFIC FACT: Men who love and ride motorcycles have statistically smaller penis size, than those that drive a car.

But our balls are much larger cagefag.

OP Don't get a cruiser, all of your weight will rest on your hips and it makes it very hard to ride past an hour or two. Get a standard, like a cb300 or something similar. They are easier to handle, get better mileage and the seating position is just like sitting at a computer desk, making it easier for touring and commuting in general. Also remember ATGATT, saved my life and limb during my two falls.

That is because cops in the US deal mostly with long straight stretches of road where they don't need the handling of a sport bike. Cops in other countries largely deal with narrow winding streets where handling at speed is more important than comfort. So it isn't because they are more comfortable than cruisers, it is because the type of bike suits their needs.

The same bike referenced in

What about men who love motorcycles but just want to cuddle them?

there's only two kinds of people who ride motorcycles:

1: worthless losers who can't make it in the real world and therefore have to spend their lives harassing decent people

2: middle-aged guys who think that a motorcycle will make them 20 again

terrible post

Found your problem right there.

With such a low budget you'll be better served with a car.

Your best bet is finding a Yamaha Virago in your area.

hit too close to home, huh?

BMW ofc. look no further. cheap when old, super reliable and fast enough for anyone but a hairy faggot
fresh on ebay

That is actually a really good deal on a pretty nice bike unless it is whipped.

Go back to your pushies, little boys. And dot forget your helmets and reflectibe jackets too. Oh, and tell mommy where you are going, before you go out, too. Good boy.

yeah but there is several different models of a magna. Theres the NS750, V45 and the v65. It just so happens that the V65 was the fastest production motorcycle at the time. I'm not even a big sportster guy and I think they look cool af. I don't know what the point of your post was tho.

Wrong go on youtube and watch videos of USMPs go through a course. You would be suprised how they whip those things around. Now I'm not saying they are better or even as good as touring bikes but they aren't completely useless. Touring are entirely superior for one thing. Offroad capabilities.

Sounds like 8ch to me

warning: I never owned a motorcycle
but anyway
1–aint no cheap Harleys, anywhere. forget that.
2–look for japanese bike, 15+ years old, at least 500cc
3–the seller matters,,,, don't buy from a young guy, becuz bike is gonna thrashed