What is the worst measurement system in the world and why is it Imperial?

What is the worst measurement system in the world and why is it Imperial?

why is this even a question when everyone already agrees

Americans don't because they're fucking idiots.

i am in burgerland and i agree

OP's fist, meet dead horse.

Umm I come from country that uses metric and we still call that and is labeled as "Quarter pounder"

Are Europeans so stupid that they think the USA is the only place with "Americans"
Protip: we know both systems.

And yet you choose to use the worst one. That speaks volumes of your lack of intelligence.

Where did you infer that?

Why else would you bother to learn such an outdated, terrible measurement system?

You just don't like imperial because it's not your empire.

1. I never said which part of "America" I live in. I could be Mexican for all you know
2. I never said I used one or the other, I just said "Americans" use both.
3. You implied one is "better" than the other without stating which one your opinion aligns with

Your argument is triple outdated.
fucking plebs.

I said which one in the OP.

Because even the guy guarding the units in a vault says it is stupid.

Also:
The actual measurements of the imperial units are bound to the metric system. A foot was not always 30,48cm.

The worst is probably hands and stones.

For all the claims that the Imperial system is 'irrational' and 'confusing', I could very well argue the same about the Metric system.

The Imperial system isn't based on any abstractions. A foot is a real-life thing, for example. A span and cubit are both based on the hand and arm. An inch was equivalent to three barleycorns in Anglo-Saxon England. The point is, the Imperial System is ultimately based on tangible measurements.

Compare that with the Metric System, which was invented during the French Revolution. A meter, originally defined as a fraction of a degree of longitude, is now a fraction of the distance of the speed of light, which is completely abstract and intangible.

Imperial is better for practical applications. Its units are made to be easily divisible by many numbers in one's head.

Tell me, lads, what's a third of a meter? Oh wait, now you got a shitty decimal point to work with. Sucks to suck I guess.

I'm American and I wish I was using the same measurement system as almost all beaners niggers and gooks.

I bet you europoors think base-10 is convenient for math, too

One of my pet peeves is drug dealer math. Grams don't convert to ounces squarely because they're different systems. If I'm not getting 28.4 grams don't call it an ounce.

If they were actually good at anything they wouldnt've resorted to dealing drugs.

We should repopularize the drachm (1/16th of an oz). Drugs would be so much easier.

t.makaposer

ISHYGDDT

The best measurement system in the world is OP's penis because of how accurately it measures microscopic objects.

You started wrong.

Mark?

just an oldworld Holla Forumsmrade

The one measure I hear most people bitch about with the metric system is the mile: 5280 feet.
Check this out:
There is a (mostly) outdated measurement called a "chain," which was 66 feet. This is 1/80th of a mile. Aside from that, here's a list of numbers that 5280 also divides evenly into:

Now let's look at 1000:
And that's it. Eat a dick metricfags. Base 10 was a mistake.

The point is the ease of division, not how many different numbers you can divide it by, you insufferable fucking cunt.

t. NWOnigger

you numbercucks never cease to amaze me
take the cloudpill before it's too late

oops, sorry.

They're basically one in the same. Fewer decimals=easier math.
Fuck, the only reason 5 is an important number at all is the fact that it's one of the few numbers 10 is divisible by. Once you understand the 66x80 thing in, all the divisions are quite easy.

and if you just wanna talk about "easy" math. let's talk about 2's
you can evenly divide 1000 by 2 to get 500
divide that by 2 to get 250
do it one more time and you get 125.
you're stuck there unless you wanna use decimals.
1000 is divisible by 2^3

5280 divided by 2 is 2640
that divided by 2 is 1320
divide that by 2 and you get 660
another time gets you 330
and you can do it yet again and have 165
5280 is divisible by 2^5

Jelly?

you can count to 168 using basically the same method.

you can count quite a bit higher than that.
this was ancient times remember. quite literally the beginning of history.
and why arent we using a thirteen month calendar yet?

not an ayy lmao trying to slowly get humans to except systems to expand their civilization, i swear

13 months is moon-kike shit.

We need:

you humans still have a chance

thanks for ruining new years for me. filthy fucking kikes