Officer K (Ryan Gosling), a new blade runner for the Los Angeles Police Department...

What were they thinking bringing Harrison Ford back? Who thought this was a good idea? And "unearthing a terrible plot which could end life as we know it" doesn't sound like a cyberpunk story, sounds more like some sort of action thriller shit.

Brand recognition increasing marketability, i. e money.
Who thought this was a good idea?
Jews.
Nounpunk is a bad meme that should have died in the 80s.

wrong, Cyberpunk is genuinely the most intelligent science fiction genre out there as it is the closest that reflects our own reality, however, it is dated very much to the 80s and 90s considering the technological advances made recently.

It might seem so if you are an apolitical dolt. The basic assumptions of the sub-genre have been proven to be false and it doesn't reflect any sort of realistic scenerio at all. The increasing power of corporations hasn't lead to anarchy, but to more centralization and stronger governments, surveillance capacity of governments outpaces small groups with ease and independent hackers are irrelevant nuisance on meaningful political scale. If you go with "Bohoo our world is so dystopian" as a criteria of realness, there is no shortage of works that have more valid insights to the situation than "corporations are scary".

Making something "cyberpunk" these days means either uninspired retrofuturism or using a pointless misnomer to pander to retards.

There. Now nobody needs to see this movie.

Cuckpunk is the thinking man's niche eh?

YES
MORE RYAN GOSLING

ploo

What a surprise

Are we sure he's retired? Are we certain he's not simply,

Part-time.

geg

I like Ryan Gosling but i can't really see him in a Blade Runner movie.He's too pretty.

I'm not a fag so I would know what's the current rate is, but I don't consider him particular attractive. Doesn't come even close to prime Ford.

pick one

Nice projection. I'm not the one calling him pretty. You flaming faggot.

I never really care about actors. Sure, I could recognise them easily enough, but I'm not going to see the latest blockbuster based solely off their names.
Never understood this mentality.

That being said, I do check on actor's filmographies and go watch anything that has a neat title. I only watch a film on impulse if I like the title.

I did get around to watching Drive, finally, a few days ago.
Genuinely good, and I can understand why anons like it so much. The mish-mash of genres was nice to see, and the soundtrack was incredible. Gosling's performance was good, but i'm sure I've seen other films of his and disliked them, but upon checking his roles, he was indeed not in Gone, Baby, Gone, which I really enjoyed up until the end.

Another sci-fi mystery movie with a surprise twist at the end. Ridley Scott is worse at twist endings than Shamwhatever.

Have you watched The Neon Demon and Only God Forgives?

Why not a boring stale action flick? Otherwise you would have to spend time and money making an original and interesting plot, and those sheqels are for marketing, not for food movies.

*good

Nope. Are they Gosling films or something?
I know Neon Demon is that strange one about models killing each other and has Keanu in it for a meme.

Ridley Scott's not directing it

The original was an action thriller.

So another shitty rehash with wink wink nudge nudge cameos?

They're from the same director as Drive.

no it think it is an integral plot point in a real sequel, not just a shitty cameo in a rehash

yes one that takes a giant shit on the ending of the first film
>he is an android but he's a speshul one that can live longer than 4 years for plot related reasons