What the fuck is gluten and why shouldn't I want it?

what the fuck is gluten and why shouldn't I want it?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=gluten
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lmgtfy.com/?q=gluten

Gluten is wheat protein.

Avoiding gluten is a meme unless you have celiac disease. Please don't make people like me who have celiac look bad by following meme food fads.

nice triple dubs, but you should use https

I did that, but nothing intelligible came up. It's all a bunch of nonsense.

what's so special about wheat protein, and how is it different than other sources of protein?

translation: i'm too dumb to understand the results that came up

t-teach me your wisdom, onii-fam. y-you should have no problem!

Gluten is the stuff in bread that makes it chewy, doughy, and "gluey".

Early humans did not eat bread and consumed very little wheat. Consumption of bread makes you sluggish, because the gluten cannot be broken down like other food. This affects your intestines, because you end up not only with too much undigested food, but you actually get an overgrowth of yeast. This yeast throws your body out of sorts can causes you to crave more bread products. It overtakes your natural gut flora, making you a fat sack of yeast.

On the other hand, gluten does something beneficial in that it breaks down poisons like mercury. People who go gluten-free increase their mercury levels. So while being gluten-free would've made sense, unfortunately there's so much pollution in the environment that you need to eat it in order to flush out poison.

Wheat protein is what makes bread stretchy.

The only other reason that its special is because some people get an autoimmune reaction to it called celiac disease.

The food memesmiths decided that if celiac is bad for people with celiac, it MUST be bad for EVERYONE.

is that a penis? or just one hell of a mitt

This is bullshit.

You're the bullshit.

oh. well I don't eat bread, so should I even care?

It is in bread, and it is a fairly new development in food, but the rest of your post is paleo-nigger bullshit.

A guy at work has celiac disease. It must really suck to have it. He always has to ask if shit is gluten free or how it was prepared. He can't have coffee either. I would just be sick all the time if I had it.

Its also in pastries, cakes, hot pockets, cheezits, twinkies, hamburger buns, and 90% of other amerifat confections.

Never eaten bread before?

oh. well I just eat potatoes, rice, cheeses, and other dairy, and greens like spinach salad, and maybe sometimes some meat, so should I even care?

I have celiac disease, nigger. When I eat wheat my gut feels like it's on fire and I get diarrhea.

Nah, you don't need to care.

I have gluten sensitivity. When I eat wheat, I get diarrhea and get sleepy.

By the way, everyone is sensitive to gluten.

I doubt it.

If you have gluten allergy, soy can sometimes set it off. Which opens a whole other can of worms, because soy is in fucking everything nowadays. This is the case for me, and it sucks.

It can get worse than diarrhea and sleepiness, though. I get seizures on it, because it gets into the bloodstream and everything it comes in contact with (everything) starts swelling, including the brain. I have a friend who becomes temporarily schizophrenic after eating gluten. Really a trip.

It's mostly a shame because gluten is what produces the stringy, sticky quality of dough that yeast blows bubbles into before cooking hardens the strands into a solid lattice, which is what produces light and fluffy baked goods. Gluten-free means goodbye to cake, French bread, or anything else light and fluffy.