Windows 7 still thriving as 10 fails

Jace Clark
Jace Clark

Windows 7 didn't have a giant free upgrade offer.
Pretty irrelevant. See OPs post, it is about enterprises supposedly not upgrading, and enterprises almost always purchase software assurance which entitles them to free upgrades.

Camden Phillips
Camden Phillips

You think normalfags even know what that is?

Jason Ramirez
Jason Ramirez

The amount of people I encounter who are forced to use W10 due to being stealth upgraded is staggering.
Enterprises hated W8 for being a workflow and productivity destroying piece of shit and W10 has barely better reception.

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

Enterprises hated W8 for being a workflow and productivity destroying piece of shit and W10 has barely better reception.
The only thing 8 changed from a user point of view was the start menu, and that is hardly a workflow and productivity destroying feature.

Hudson Phillips
Hudson Phillips

You have no idea what you are talking about. Metro reorganized large portions of the UI in a completely haphazard and un-intuitive manner. People were having trouble figuring out how to even shut their computer off. The start screen was the least of it's problems. My company refused to have anything to do with it until Win8.1 got mature.

Microsoft took years of slow UI improvements, and tossed them in the garbage, because they wanted a touch interface for desktops.

Christopher Williams
Christopher Williams

Microsoft took years of slow UI improvements, and tossed them in the garbage, because they wanted a touch interface for desktops.
This. They threw out literally decades of their own research on how to make a productive UI and pissed on desktop users.

Connor Gonzalez
Connor Gonzalez

Also, never forget that Windows doesn't count downgrades against windows 10.
netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0
zdnet.com/article/windows-10-is-on-track-for-a-billion-users-but-do-independent-stats-confirm-microsofts-numbers/

Jose Walker
Jose Walker

Metro reorganized large portions of the UI in a completely haphazard and un-intuitive manner.
You mean the settings app? Because people are constantly changing their display resolution or clock in their workflows?

People were having trouble figuring out how to even shut their computer off.
The same as its always been shutdown /s /t 0 or right click on the start menu, or just left click on the start menu. Also users never shut down their computers, they dont pay for electricity and dont want to have to wait for their computers to wake up. Its a serious issue in corporate environments because security updates often dont take effect till after a reboot. And if you introduce mandatory reboots users bitch that they lost data because they didnt save whatever they were working on.

Stop being retarded, they didnt for 7 either.

Kayden Adams
Kayden Adams

wait for their computers to wake up
wait for their computers to boot up

Brayden Carter
Brayden Carter

Pretty irrelevant.
Huh? Its very relevant. was calling OP retarded because Windows 10 is tracking on par with Windows 7, yet there is absolutely no doubt that the only reason Windows 10 has managed to stay on par with Windows 7 is because Microsoft forced upgrades on peoples computers and gave Windows 10 away for free. Its great that enterprise have software assurance that give them upgrade rights, there is no denying that Windows 10 got a huge amount of installs from the general public because its free.

Free is a much easier sell than a $120 OEM license. Yet despite that clear advantage Windows 10 had over Window 7 with the general public Windows 10 only tracks on par.

Matthew Rivera
Matthew Rivera

Stop being retarded, they didnt for 7 either.
Really? Source that shit nigger.

Isaac Foster
Isaac Foster

Its great that enterprise have software assurance that give them upgrade rights, there is no denying that Windows 10 got a huge amount of installs from the general public because its free.
Again, normies dont buy windows outside of OEM licenses. They pirate it or get OEM licenses. The last time I can remember seeing a non-OEM windows disk at a normies house was when Win95 came out on floppies.

make my argument for me

Angel Young
Angel Young

be a condescending faggot
"i have no argument" projection meme

Jonathan Wood
Jonathan Wood

why wont user make my argument for me

Eli King
Eli King

I don't know or care about how others feel about Windows 10.

I do know that having tried it, I don't like the interface. There's not enough new features or good enough exclusive games to put up with the hassle or the expense, as my OEM license didn't qualify for any upgrade had I opted into it for some god forsaken reason. They also still tie licenses to motherboards and I think they're going to look into Windows as a subscription service like they did with Office.

Tell me, why should I make the big upgrade?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit