Non-Botnet Fitness Apps

Wasn't sure to post in /fit/ so decided to go with what I'm familiar with.

I want to start counting my calories and hit a daily goal to gain some weight. I remember using calorie apps years ago and it was neat the way you could even just scan barcodes of some things to add them into your daily intake. I want that but without the obvious botnet attached.

There's some open source fitness apps which is nice to see but which ones would you recommend? What experiences do you have with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zxing/zxing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just roll your own android application. Use github.com/zxing/zxing for decoding barcodes, then create sqlite database for product - calories relation. You would have to enter calorie data yourself first few times for unknown products, or perhaps search web for pre made database if it exists.

Also there is this amazing technology called pen and paper.

Just use paper, fat fuck. I'm fit and I don't need this.
Also, avoiding calories isn't /fit/. Avoiding useless calories and sugar is.

Yeah I'm sure you're not fat and just "bulking", man.

10/10 for not reading the OP

Might try this.

This. It's always the fatties loading themselves up with shitty fitness trackers that barely even work. Follow an established exercise program, your own body is the best fitness tracker.

Just get an older model of a Suunto watch with heart rate monitor on belt.

Also, calories don't matter, don't bother with them, the more important thing is to not eat junk food and to consume protein.

btw, pro tip:
many kinds of healthy food are not sold in fucking supermarkets and of course they do not use fucking barcodes and etc.

not sure if it's prominent in USA-the-country-of-junk-food, though.

My problem is eating at all. I'm quite underweight but thanks. I just need something convenient to make sure I hit the min calorie amount and hopefully max to gain. I posture towards high protein foods. I've done this before once and it worked for filling out a little bit. Just really let myself go, looking to straighten out my life.

I live in the countryside of ireland and buy a lot of local stuff including butcher's meat. I'd still like to be able to scan milk, hot chocolate, canned food etc. I just don't want all that data being mined, with or without barcodes.

install gentoo

Walking
Eat less
No need for "Fitness Führer" apps&sheiit
But android "pedometer" is OK
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tayu.tau.pedometer&hl=en

fucking retard!

are you dumb or what

Start lifting, you'll start eating like a pig by yourself. I was a skelington, gained some muscle and now I'm planning on losing weight.

This. Also, learn to build healthy habits. There must be information somewhere out there that tells you how to develop them.

You truthfully do not need a fitness app.

Do not dirty bulk. What I mean by this is that you should not eat everything in sight and you should still eat healthy, just more.

Protein and complex carbohydrates(Steel cut oats, oatmeal, etc.) are your friends.

Eggs should also be consumed daily if possible. They're a great backbone of any diet.

They are also fucking delicious.

?!?

Thread hidden