I haven't been on Holla Forums since February 2015...

I haven't been on Holla Forums since February 2015. Back then we were still making fun of Infinity Next or whatever that bullshit was. What have I missed?

A lot, but nothing good

You missed the introduction where we have no mercy and tell you to lurk moar, because imageboards don't spoon feed.

Faggot, you know as well as I do that lurking Holla Forums will teach me precisely jack shit.

This is why you are hungry: you refuse to eat. Now eat something or starve.

… Right. Because when 8/b/ is unironically worse than cuck/b/, 'lurking' will help.

You seem confused.

Jim fed hotwheels to the pigs and codemonkey is our new overlord, next officially flopped (obviously), and we just got hacked on april 1st, losing most of the more obscure boards in the process.

The board has become shit, but then again, when was it not shit? in some ways, it's still the same old Holla Forums, other than that, just a lot of mod drama, the board gettinig muked many times over little things, pedos, anti pedos, and then the april fools hack

Brennan isn't in charge any more, then? That might be a good thing. Pic related.

Still? Jesus Christ.

This hack seems interesting. Given the way this place seems almost dead compared to 2015 (when it was already dying), it's surprising that anyone even bothered.

Other than pointless bitch fits over moderation and pedo shit the april fools hack was the biggest thing.

Did you mean 2016?

Oh. Yeah. 2016 was last year, which was when I decided to get my shit together. Bit embarrassed now, but fuck it.

Yep, for now it has died down, or at least compared to a few months ago
IIRC the hacker said that he ha done it to"show the site's vulerabilities to being hacked" when asked for the reason behind his motives, and when he was asked that he could have just contacted administration to adress the vulnerabilities, he replied with something along the lines of "But then what site would I have hacked for april fool's" (there were some images posted showing the tweets of this conversation, but I didn't save them and I don't want to go on twitter looking for them)

Wow, I couldn't have given a more bullshit answer if I'd tried. I mean, nobody really cares, right? It'd have been easier – and arguably more respectable – to just say he did it for the hell of it from the start. I gather he was just some random user, then?

Holla Forums is a gay board now

In that regard, nothing's changed.

again, IIRC (because i didn't really care that much, because like you said, it has been dying for years) he was one of those noname, sorry excuses for a hacker that just goes shitting up places and "hacking" them, one of those who just does these kind of things for shits and giggles (don't have particular anger or remorse for these people btw); many less active boards are now gone because of it (urbex is one that saddens me a bit that it's gone) but other than that, there wasn't much loss otherwise, most other more popular boards were recovered with their old threads

Shitty memes, but what else is new

Yeah, I've noticed most of the old boards are still there. /monster/ is still going strong, which is a shame. /bane/'s also there, though mostly dead, which is sad, as it was this site's best board by some distance. /sp/'s a tragedy, but I'm assuming whatever happened there's unrelated to the hack.

So this guy shat the place up for kicks and didn't even manage to do it that well. Terrific.

Well, those numbers are.

… Man, I miss GETting with spee. I'm assuming that's no longer a thing.

you can still request boards you want back

… Jesus, I just stopped to think about it, and that's not really the way to use 'le dubs meem' or whatever the fuck. It really has been a while.

It was probably Josh.

yeah, thankfully bane is still here, even though, like you said, it's mostly dead, there's still some worthwhile posting going on there every once in a while

Yep, you got that right, though I might have gotten a few things wrong, you pretty much got the hang of it (I remember the site only being down for a few days, but might have been longer, I moved on and quickly forgot about it)

Yep. Still, this is disheartening. I was looking to get back into imageboards because I've run out of things to occupy my time with, but, well, this place isn't really what it once was and 4chan is, well, just as awful as it was when people left it in the first place during gamergate, if not worse.

Well, I feel that it could be worse, but still, this place has become extremely boring, I used to spend my time here, lurking, with some music in the background, now I've been going back to watching jewtube stuff (Even though it's in a miserable state, there are still a few content makers that entertain me) and just regular gaming to spend my free time, I also became fond of going on the scp wiki and reading some entries there, sure, it's not for everybody and there are a lot of shit entries there, but it still intrigues (and most importantly) entertains me, but I think 8ch is still worth visiting every once in a while, but just to see how boards like bane are doing

Yeah, I mean, I grew incredibly attached to both /bane/ and /sp/ way back when, so I'll probably come back around every once in a while to see what's going on there (/sp/, obviously, is demised), but still, it seems like the only way to regularly use imageboards now is going back to 4chan and, well, screw that.

Go to Encyclopedia dramatica, they have a whole site for Josh and Infinity Never

Then the next major happening was Cripplekike selling out the site to Jim "Yogapig" Watkins

Jim got the site long before the Infinity next bs

Well done