WE KANGZ NAOW

sup Holla Forums

I'm posting right now from the second largest slum in Kenya. Just got here a few days ago, going to be living here for the summer.

Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

verexif.com/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's the cuisine there like?
Also how do you have internet

On a scale from ape to Obama, how many bananas have you given out today?

Why are you there?

What's the weirdest thing you've ever masturbated to?

why in the right fucking mind would you go there?
and is class consciousness strong? what do most people do for a living? is AIDS prevalent? are there any whites? what do people eat? take a pic of the scenery

pics + timestamp? also,

The local food is diarrhea-tier, I'm not well adjusted yet so I've mostly been eating at the places whites/rich blacks go to. It's still only like $5-7 for a plate but they have armed security scanning everyone to get inside where the restaurants are at. The locals mostly eat porridge made of cornmeal and water, or some kind of pancake-looking thing that's basically a greasy tortilla called Chapati. There are lots of vegetable and meat stands too but they're not staples in the same way Chapati is, I'll upload pictures at some point.

I'm in a compound. It's not in the nice part of town where most of the Westerners stay, I have no security here, but nobody really fucks with us.

There are internet cafes all over the slums. They have some pretty funny names (i.e Wikileaks Cafe). I obviously don't hang out there with my $1,000 laptop.

I'm teaching at a school in the slum.

I'm planning on getting a forged Kenyan birth certificate for Obama before I leave to hang on my wall for keks.

A scene from Howard the Duck when I was without internet.

People obviously recognize class but "middle class" here is basically someone who owns a car and doesn't live in a slum. There aren't many wealthy blacks in the city, mostly Indians actually, the ones with money live in a section of town with a lot of private security. I'd say it's a lot more racially-conscious than class-conscious. There are riots every Monday (yes, scheduled riots) because the governing party, which is a coalition of some of the ethnic groups, holds a monopoly over the ability to register voters, therefore only registers those of their own ethnicity. The opposition party is larger in potential adherants here because this region is mostly Luo+others who have coalesced together in opposition to the ruling ethnic coalition. Obviously they have no power because of the voter registration scam. A cop was burned alive at last weeks riot so this week's will probably be bloody as hell, watch for it in the news.

The jobs here aren't that similar to those in the West. They sell food or work in shacks that provide various services (i.e "beauty salons"). The government is actually a huge employer here. In the slum I'm in they pile up trash on the streets and burn it, and the government pays people to pick up/burn the trash, or to clean out the holes in the ground in the shacks people use to shit in. Jobs like that just don't exist in the West really. The majority of the population (80% or so) are farmers in Kenya, but I'm in the city. Still there are animals all over the slums that eat trash all day and just wander around.

about half the people where I work have AIDS, there's still a stigma about it even though it's so prevalent.

I can't upload pictures yet because I can't get service on my phone. When I get enough I'll make a thread on Holla Forums proper and dump them.

Sorry I missed this.

Most of the whites here are missionaries or working with them. The locals are pretty intimidated by white men. The white girl I'm staying with gets harassed by the locals a lot when she's alone but when I'm with her they don't say a single word.

Because it's mostly missionaries and AIDS workers the locals have a gimmedat mentality towards whites, it's considered weird if you have a white friend and don't ask them for money and shit. They call whites "mzunga" which i hear occasionally in the slums, but usually only once you get deeper inside where they don't ever see whites. It's safe for whites to walk alone for the most part because they're intimidated. The punishment for attacking a white person here is basically death-by-lynchmob or a very severe beating, if the police don't do it than local vigilantes will. Thieves in general are beaten or lit on fire if they're caught in the act, and if someone's in an altercation with a white person…..they know it wasn't the Mzunga who started it, so might lynch/beat the assailant. They aren't necessarily in love with whites, but they know that whites=gibs so are more likely to ask for money than to attack them. I honestly feel safer walking the streets here as the only white person than I do in the blackest parts of my home city.

aid workers*

dat slip doe

why on righty/pol/? I'll be looking into this thread on the reg btw, could be real interesting.

Does sending photos through skype wipe the exif data? That seems to be the only way I can upload them.

Can't you just use one of these to wipe the metadata?

verexif.com/en/

couldn't detect it so YOLO. Not posting all of them right now (I don't have that many) but here's some to give you guys an idea

I'm leaving for work in about an hour btw so if I stop responding for a few hours, that's why.

There's something very endearing about that "hotel"

How often to glorious uprisings occur?

There are tons of them. They're mostly places for squatters to sleep for a couple shillings a night. Visitors don't sleep in the "hotels" even if they're Kenyans.

How often to chimp.outs occur?

I'm assuming you're saying ra.ce wa.r, since leftypol filters that to "glorious uprising".

Most political conflict in the country is ethnic, and there are riots every Monday here as I mentioned. The school where I teach beats students for speaking anything but English, even if they're caught doing it outside school, mostly because if they revert to speaking their local languages they'll form ethnic cliques and fight eachother.

Oh I forgot ra.ce w.ar is "Nazi masturbation fantasy".

I've seen a lot of fights so far, people get murdered all the time here and it's not really a big deal. Whatever the official crime statistics are is a joke, most crime is undocumented and the people committing it have no documents anyways, they've never had their name on a piece of paper before so why would they bother writing it in a police report? The police/military carry out a lot of extra-judicial justice and just beat/kill criminals who fuck around too much, and when someone is killed they don't bother investigating.

Teach them about Sankara.

There isn't even a Communist Party here.

The head of the opposition party representing the Luo and other groups was trained in Moscow though and is vaguely "leftist" if it makes you feel better. The current president was trained in London.

Sounds like you're making the usual trip from noble savage liberal to disillusioned stormfag

>foreskin, prepuce.

dafug?!

This is bloody fascinating

it's called MS Paint. Every windows compooduh has one.
go on, tell me you're using linux

|
shit is forking cash, OP
why the hell are you over there teaching? They don't have teaching jobs in communist paradise of Albania?

Oh, and I don't get the OP pic. What's that mean?

oh, i fucking kek'd

That's what happens when you're surrounded by the blacks. You grow to dislike them.

Jesus this place sounds like Holla Forums's paradise. Go there to be worshipped by the lesser races.

note this
>foreskin, prepuce

So Holla Forums has dropped the /namibia/ thing and are now going after /kenya/?

I don't understand what's going on.

OP is a clever one.

God damn it, just spilled water all over the screen user