Can you repeat the question?

Star Trek: The Next Generation
Yes or no?

Uhh…

You're not so big

TNG is best trek.

for you

maybe.

It's a very bland series, they tried to do some interesting stuff early on but by the fourth season they'd settled into a comfortable formulaic TV rut. Also the movies were terrible.

DS9 gives most of what people wanted from TNG and didn't get. TOS remains on top, VOY is 7 of 9 and Doctor tier and ENT is boring tier.

I saw all of their movies. Some were really good, but Insurrection is very bad

No, it's the worst Star Trek has to offer, it's not as fun and campy as TOS, doesn't have the seriousness of DS9 nor does it have the charm and character of Enterprise. It's not even offensively bad like Voyager. Just pure blandness.

Which is basically a Babylon 5 ripoff…

Yeah, it's an inferior B5 knockoff but it's still much better than TNG.

I've watched all the series all the way through except for TNG, so a few weeks ago I decided to rectify that.

I definitly like it, but there are quite a few boring bits. It's easy to put the series down, but when looking at it as a conservative evolution of TOS I think it pulled that off brilliantly. A new ship with new aesthetics, a different crew dynamic, great casting, etc. Nothing too crazy, just bite sized chuncks of sci fi simple enough to achieve mainstream sucess.

It also set the "feel" for DS9 and VOY.

I do really like the cast of TNG. Patrick Stewert is great, how many 5'5" skinny bald guys can pull off the "fearless leader" thing? Data made a great analogue to Spock, amd provided a suprising amount of the shows humor. Michael Dorn is a good choice as long as Worf is supposed to be a shitty Klingon, I still can't decide if I'm supoosed to be taking him seriously. He's like an alien neckbeard weaboo who fails repeatedly, is emotuonally stunted, and a shit dad. Whats his face as Riker is meh, but his entire dynamic with Pickard was supposed to be splitting Kirk's competence and libido into 2 different characters, so mission accomplished I guess. Also he tried to have sex with a transvestite. I always thought Geordi was a charismatic character, he was always my favorite as a kid, but that was partly because Reading Rainbow. I always hated both Crushers and Troi. And Whiopie Goldberg didnt fit in the show at all.

Its not perfect, but without TNG we wouldnt have DS9, so it gets a passing grade in my book. Even though it's still my least watched series (even under ENT).

warp nacelles = penises

Has there ever been an explanation for the need for more than two warp nacelles?

Back ups I guess.

The real reason is that it's cheaper just to kitbash old models together to make different looking ships.

the horrors of kitbashing.

Watching or caring about sci-fi jewish propaganda show

Fixed

The only technical explanation from the show I can remember about two nacelles has to do with their ability to project a warp field for the ship to move in. It's during the two part Enterprise episode where Phlox is kidnapped to work on Klingon augments.

DS9 Tech Manual is rife with them
ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ds9tm.htm