DuckDuckGo sends data back to a Chinese Company

Anybody have evidence of this, or anything suspicious DDG has done? I need to rat these scammers out but I don't have the screenshots. I posted it on my Twitter and Startpage says I need evidence for that, plus, it's a chance to ruin DuckDuckGo.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/ddg.html
searx.me/
asciimoo.github.io/searx/
pearsearch.org
searx.me/preferences,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off.

8ch.net/tech/ddg.html

I am not aware of any hard evidence, and I've never even heard your particular claim before.

Also, Startpage is starting to defend DuckDuckGo. That's kind of suspicious.

Everything's suspicious to fam. You're a cynic!

Telling someone not to make huge accusations without evidence is supporting DuckDuckGo?

It sounds like he tried to get Startpage to make those accusations, and doing that would be suicide for them.

Not your personal army, go kill yourself, OP

where did you get that ?

Whatcha slidin, chaim?

I found the screenshot.

Although it didn't say "sold data to the chinese" I only heard that, I don't have evidence, although this screenshot sums up DuckDuckGo's suspicious nature pretty well.

All in all: they don't send it to a chinese company, but they've been said to send it to 3rd parties anyways for cash.

Heh, never trusted them from the start and this just consolidates my thoughts even more.

Congrats, now delete your shit thread

Not defending DDG but it doesn't exactly spy on you "the same" as Google. Google also tracks your searches, yes, but then continues to follow your through Google hosted scripts, fonts, etc etc across the vast majority of websites after you leave the search page.

There have been a lot of FUD ('fear, uncertainty, and doubt') threads and messages about encryption in general, Tor in particular, and sites that respect your privacy (like DDG) lately. The real suspicion would be who is trying to make everyone fear security and privacy. I wonder who might be behind such a campaign and what they would hope to gain from it?

You call them scammers yet you have never seen evidence they did anything.

You should see a doctor and get your brain scanned.

"FUD" is the dumbest expression ever. Of course normal people will have doubt and uncertainty whether a security solution works or not. And no one will try to "spread FUD" on a board with ten active people, get real.

Sure my fellow teen we believe you entirely.

DuckDuckGo search history has never been cited in any court case I've heard of, they make their money from anonymous Amazon referrals like Ubuntu does.

If you don't trust DDG or any US/Euro search engine then use Yandex.

It's hard to tell if these retarded infographics are meant to be parody or not.

Please stop recommending Yandex. Searx and Startpage claim not to spy on you and have a clean record. Yandex definitely spies on you.

From their privacy policy:
- They collect all data they can:
>Data collected by or transmitted to Yandex, the Company or Partners, in the course of accessing, interaction and operation of the Site and provision of the Services may include, without limitation, the following Data: (i) Internet Protocol (IP) address and location; (ii) cookie information; (iii) browser identification information; (iv) information on your software and hardware; (v) date and time of accessing the Site and the Services; (vi) information of third parties websites referred the Site or the Services; (vii) information related to your activity in the course of the Services use, including, without limitation, search queries history, search results provided to you in response to your query, web pages you visited by reference from the search results; (viii) other information.
- They protect the rights of "partners":
- They use your data for "enhancing" "products, utilities and offerings" of "partners":

Yandex's privacy policy is worse than Google's, which at least promises not to share your data with other companies. Don't use it.

all requests must be served, and frankly it's such an easy step to record it that ISPs will. encryption's the only thing you can rely on. give up on your rights.

If you use HTTPS your ISP can't log it and if your search engine doesn't log it they can't serve requests.

In any case, I'd rather have my privacy violated only in exceptional cases rather than both routinely and in exceptional cases. Yandex does it routinely. It's shit.

searx ?

searx.me/
It's libre, so anyone can host their own instance. There are a lot of other instances available, and you could host your own (but it uses results from other search engines so if you're the only user of an instance it's not really anonymous).
asciimoo.github.io/searx/

I don't see weekly threads about Bing here. DDG must be doing something right with all these concern troll kikes coming out of the woodwork to attack it with the same unsubstantiated bullshit so often.

everyone already knows duck duck go is owned by a jew with a history of selling user information

Singapore is the least Chinese in China.

Jesus fucking christ that image is next-level retarded. DDG is sketchy but whoever made this pic is a moron.
It's so ridiculously stupid it sort of makes me wonder if somebody's actively astroturfing to make people who are suspicious of ddg look bad

Startpage and DDG are proprietary software and should be treated with a minimal level of suspicion. This is why I stick with searx.

DDG is literally owned by a jew with connections to israeli intelligence.

Just use searx.me you niggers

Rather give my information to the chinese than Israel or its vassal state tbh

The fuck is Wong going to do with me looking up random shit?

There's a difference between proprietary software and network services. These are not inherently the same thing.

I use duck duck go because I get better search results.

DuckDuckGo's search results are shitty, in my experience. I like its bangs and the occasional instant answer (or whatever it's called), but back when I used it I often had to add a !g to find something useful. I'm having a much better experience with searx, set to use Google and Bing as only general-purpose sources.

Searx definitely has the worst search results of anything I've tried. Maybe a little better than Yahoo. I'm looking forward to PeARS:

pearsearch.org

I lurk in their IRC and development seems slow but steady.

You can massively improve searx's search results by experimenting with the search engine settings.

Got any examples?

I love DDG because the results are usually helpful to me without any extra work on my part, especially the instant answers. If I have to fiddle with searx every search it's not a very good competitor.

Go to searx.me/preferences, go to the "Engines" tab, and disable all general purpose engines other than Google and maybe Bing.

I do miss the instant answers, but I just don't trust DuckDuckGo.

It also seems like a serious invasion of privacy. Let us know how they handle that.

DuckDuckgoy

Holla Forums pls

Why are you even browsing the web without Tor Browser and not resetting your session often based on what sites you visit? At that point such data collection becomes pretty impotent from a privacy standpoint.
The only drawback is that they still use your search data for optimizing their general algorithms. But that's where it's better to take a more offensive rather than the bullshit "ethical consumerism" approach ("I won't use this product because I'm so moral"). Instead of throwing a tantrum we need to do to these search engines what people did to that Microshit AI, but in this case it would require way more thought and effort to actually skew their data.

Use adnauseam to do that

isn't this just yacy?

A search engine that tracks everywhere you go? This doesn't sound like a good thing.

Startpage or GTFO!