Why the fuck is this shit so expensive guys?

Why the fuck is this shit so expensive guys?

Its the wasabi isnt it? I dont even eat that. How much did they increase cost with he ginger skin thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Wild-Salmon-Caviar-by-Echo-Falls/120902595?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=431&adid=22222222227046485566&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=118039744449&wl4=pla-205347981609&wl5=9032419&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111830415&wl11=online&wl12=120902595&wl13=&veh=sem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because hipster faggots are willing to pay top dollar to appear as though they're better than the majority of the population, and eating sushi is one way that they can project the image that they're cultured or enlightened.

ok

price is determined by supply and demand

If they're buying then im selling boi.

is that a fucking hot dog in the middle?

Imitation krab.

Not much different.

I went to a sushi restaurant that had bacon sushi and deep-fried sushi

sushi is god tier food fuck you

imitation crab is delicious fuck you
I eat that shit by itself

I didn't say it wasn't. I said that the price is artificially inflated because so many people think that by eating it they're somehow smart or cultured or better than plebs who are satisfied with a sandwich.

how is that artifical inflation? there's more demand for it, therefore the price is higher. seems completely natural to me.

it's artificial inflation because someone or something, namely the faggots who propose that sushi eaters are intellectuals, is causing an influx of consumers to consume the product in a manner that is unusual or unnatural. marketing and memes, basically.

ok pal

tell me why it isn't, if you're so smart.

You're the one with the claim, faggot. Defend it.

if it is in america it is almost definitely ground horseradish and green food coloring. real wasabi is rare, and needs to be used right after grating.

Sushi is expensive because good fish isnt cheap, and sushi is a high skill food, so sushi chefs can charge what they want. It isnt as easy as making a tuna sandwich, the cuts take some actual knowledge of the grain in the meat etc.

ever heard of peacocks? that's natural marketing right there

eat shit, my friend.

fair enough.

sushi tastes alright. go out with someone who knows what to order and have fun. if you go to a super expensive place, no one's to blame but you. i know a place where a dish costs $12 and it tastes good. to why is it expensive in general, makes a pretty good case

WTF are you even talking about, OP?
It is only expensive if you don't know where to buy it. Grocery stores and specialty "sushi" places charge top dollar because they know that people will pay it.
Go to an Asian Buffet place and it is all you can eat for $6 because they know that there is no way in hell that anyone can eat them out of business. It is mostly rice, FFS. You may be able to eat them out of a few bucks, but they make it up on volume from the people who go there and pay the same $6 to eat nothing but cardboard pizza and mac&cheese.

Only suckers pay tons of money for sushi.

Sushi is so expensive because people believe shit claims like this.

this
its a fish burrito with almost no fish in it

Just make it yourself. I do. Here is an easy starter.

Salmon Roe

Divide the rice into eight batches. Dampen your hands to stop the rice from sticking. Shape each batch into an oval. Wrap nori around each piece and trim off any excess. Dab the rice with a little wasabi, and carefully place a tablespoon of salon roe on top.

isn't that more expensive than gold?

Yeah It is pricy. Sorry, I wasn't thinking. Let me think of another easy one. Make or buy a mold or use ice cube trays if you're a lazy person like me. Oil the mold and then place plastic wrap inside. Pack rice. Mix mayonnaise with lemon zist and spread on top. Fry salmon for a short while and cut into thin slices. Cut avocado into thin slices. Cut cream cheese into little little thin cubes. Arrange everything neatly on top of mold. Cover with plastic wrap and weigh it down. Chill for about ten minutes and serve.

Shit/lazy directions. Sorry I'm tired.

i found some from walmart for about $30 for 0.3lbs including shipping:
walmart.com/ip/Wild-Salmon-Caviar-by-Echo-Falls/120902595?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=431&adid=22222222227046485566&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=118039744449&wl4=pla-205347981609&wl5=9032419&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=111830415&wl11=online&wl12=120902595&wl13=&veh=sem

Cheapest sushi would probably be Tamago Nigirizushi.

Just cook some egg omelette-style on the stove at a very low temperature, fold it over a hundred times like grorius nippon steer, and then slice it into a rectangle, and put it on a small ball of sushi rice. Then add a tiny little nori belt around the egg on rice. Bam. Sushi.

every time I've had one of those it has been extremely sweet, almost like they dipped it in sugarwater or something

is this normal?

Mainly because:
a) You are paying for good fish.
b) They can.
Japanese food, like Italian food, was elevated to "gourmet" status in Amerifatistan, so they can charge whatever they want. That said, sushi is only good if the individual ingredients are high quality because so much is raw and spices are pretty minimal, which is expensive. If you don't get raw fish at a sushi place you're probably getting ripped off, because things they serve to you cooked can be served even if the food is older.

Yeah, Japanese omelette usually has sugar mixed into it.

There is also usually some soy sauce mixed in as well.

It's to-taste though, and shit from supermarkets usually overdoes the sugar.
Its not worth it imo to get it from a real sushi place though because they tend to be ~$1 a piece.

*shrugs*
Don't know how to explain jap taste, man.

True, but many people are willing to pay because: It's fucking good, It's fresh fish and it takes years to become a sushi chef, because there's a certain way to cut the fish and prepare it. It's not cheap in Japan either, don't be fooled. It's not everyday food.
I have noticed the trend tho, and it pisses me off. People should stop virtue-signaling and start appreciating good food for what it is, instead of being obnoxious normals and adding it to their instagram photos.

I just wish they'd go back to starcucks and eat croissants to look sophisticated or some shit. Guess that's too 'western' for them now though.

That's another trend tho. Drinking coffee has become a trend with the normalfags. For some reason they think it's hip or cool to drink coffee, even though they don't like it.

That looks so good.

nigger pls. sushi has been a thing for at least 10 years.

Most of the time they just fill it with a load of sugar or creamer, same applies for most hipster tea drinkers.

Oooh, I never had this one before. Looks yummy. I'm gonna try making this tomorrow for breakfast, without the sugar. This defiantly wins the award for the easiest sushi to make.