Mile to feet = 5280 feet(s), kilometer to meters(<-s!) = 1000 meters

Why are the measurements the Americans use so fucking stupid, AND why haven't they changed it yet to prevent future generations for using it?
Its malware and I have to understand where it came from, who made it, and why they haven't changed it to the right thing yet! Hee hee hee! Its really really dumb and you should be ashamed for not thinking it is after you have read the post.

Inches to feet(s), and NOT "Feet to inch" (which is just fucking dumb! Hee hee hee!) = 12 inches makes 1 feet.

Mile to feet.. (or as i would say it! Hee hee hee!) feet(s) to mile.
Feet(s) to mile, and not mile to feet. = 5280 feet(s) makes 1 mile.

Centimeters to make up 1 meter, and not "meter to cm" = 100 centimeters makes 1 meter :)

Meters to make up 1 kilometer and not kilometer to meters = 1000 meters makes 1 kilometer

Centimeters to make up 1 inch and not inch to centimeters = 2(.540) centimeters makes 1 inch

Feet to make up 1 meter and not meter to feet = 3(.281) feet makes 1 meter

Kilometer to make up 1 mile and not mile to kilometer = 1(.609) kilometer makes 1 mile

AGAIN?
12 inches ……………….. 1 feet
5280 feet(s) …………… 1 mile
100 centimeters … 1 meter :)
1000 meters … 1 kilometer :)
2.540 centimeters …… 1 inch
3.281 feet ……………. 1 meter
1.609 kilometer ……… 1 mile

duckduckgo.com/?q=meter to meters&t=canonical&ia=answer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gEStq1e1Qrc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_mathematics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is this your first day on the internet or something?

He's stuck in a timeloop where he can never leave 2008 4/b/.

(amazing dubs)
Is this your first day on the internet or something?

The reason is because mile is a Roman unit. "Mil" used to mean what we now call a thousand. A mil was a thousand ''pes', the word for "foot". Measuring 5,000 "paces" was useful for the Roman army.

But for 16th Century English famers, they were more concerned about how far an ox could plow, which was called a furlong. So Parliament established that a mile would be equal to eight furlongs, which added the additional 280 feet to the mile.

thanks for the info, its just fucking dumb to still use it as a gobernment thats all there is to it

well, i do not blame you since you've been growing up with the stupidity of your parents and gobernment giving you wrong information on how it should have been done many many years ago. cheers :)

Good info, but now it's time to switch.

To what? The meter is based on an arbitrary wavelength emission of krypton-86, and there's a completely arbitrary rod in France that's supposed to be a precise meter.

Also, using base-10 is retarded. Base-12 or Base-60 are far more sensible because of those numbers divisibility. Just look at time: 24 hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute. You want to change that to metric too?

The US is slowly moving to metric with the military and scientific community using it. They will get there eventually.

Here to you.

Actually, base 10 is easier than base 12, so yeah, I would like to have metric time, too.

whats up with 60 minutes and 60 seconds?

this will explain everything for ya youtube.com/watch?v=gEStq1e1Qrc
why they show this to kids is perhaps to keep their IQ as low as possible while getting away with it.. keep people dumb pls

5 x 12 = 60
but i have no idea why they didn't keep it consistent eg. 36 seconds = minute, 36 minutes = hour, 36 hours = day.
you can change the length of a second and these values at will so why not be consistent?

Oh that's such a touching video, I would never do that for someone.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I AM MAD I AM SCREAMING IN FRONT OF MY SCREEN, POLICE WILL BE HERE ANY MINUTE BECAUSE OF SCREAM , FUUUCK I AM SO MAD AT THE ARTIST OF THIS IMAGE HE IS WRONG I AM TRIGGERED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE… I DO NOT FUCKING CARE WHO MADE IT IT FUCKING WORKS PERFECTLY! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MFW YOUR SHITTY MATH SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK AND OUR DOES AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS BLAME JEWS REEEEEEEEEEEE…(E+4hourslater)

also.. when you ask what day it is, i do not start by saying the month we are in ok

lets think about it.. the most used is:

its Sunday the 30. toDAY

its May MONTH tomorrow.

its 2017 if you should be in doubt, or

(Sunday the 31. December 2017) its 2018 tomorrow

10 is divisible by 2 and 5. That's it.

12 is divisible by 2, 3, 4, and 6.

60 is divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, and 30.

10 is pathetic. Enjoy non-terminal thirds, faggot.

Babylonian mathematics was based on circles and rational numbers, and they established it for convenience. They're also the reason we say a circle is 360 degrees.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_mathematics

The Babylonian counting system was base-60. Imagine being able to think and process math problems like that. They taught children how to count to 60 using the three knuckles on their four fingers, and quickly use fractions and multiples. These were the same people who wrote in cuneiform by pressing a triangle into a piece of clay.

Their influence is also why solar calendars use 12 months, even though "month" means moon, and lunar-faggots know there's actually 13 moons in a year. But solar time is much more sensible as four seasons with three "months" to cut it up.

But I bet you metric faggots want to say the earth has 1000 days in a year, even though it doesn't. Then you can never make since of seasons, weather, weeks, months, etc. Fuck off metric faggots, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Explain why you love ten so much, other than because you have ten fingers.

You're going to be so irrelevant when we all evolve to have twelve fingers and switch to base-twelve.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-*-#-10….that's how you count to twelve. That's one-two-three….eight-nine-ten-eleven-twelve.

10 is pronounced twelve. Fucking die, metric ten-finger scum.

this guy just owned +10 smart boi points :) (and also some (still) rare meme coin)
i do not wish 1000 days in year only 365 :)
but i do wish to understand the logic of 60x60x24x7x31x12x?

I only learned the Imperial System because that's what they taught us back when I was in England. Then when I came to work in Montana (software related), it was all Imperial System for the machines.

Bruh, we been countin wit twelves since the Babby-loans, son.
Just fuck up yo life then, cuh…how in the fuck is you gonna divide by three
Ha haha wtf smh, aight nigga, lmao at yo life (*continues to process numbers by twelve and sixty like a chill nigga do*)

(nice jew dubs)
where did 10 come from? i only see 1 with 0's behind
millimeters to centimeters = 10 (1 ten but 0 hundred and 0 thousand)
centimeters to meters = 100 (1 hundred but 0 thousand and 0 ten)
meters to kilometers = 1000 (0 ten, 0 hundred, but 1 thousand)

Sorry, I just read your post in base-twelve because I am a god.

Is that what you're asking?

what the fuck is up with jush?
large to small
kilometers to meters

no fucking way.. why?

you can't:

10 millimeters to 1 centimeter (small to bigger) right? well yes, but you can't:
10 centimeters to 1 millimeter (bigger to small)

scum

your post must be in imperial because I can't understand anything

yes lad but ehm.. 6989570:
yes but 100 is divisible by many ok?

Hahahahaha holy fuck you're retarded.

The only numbers that go into 100 are 2, 4, 5, 10, 20, 25, and 50. That's a total of 7 factors.

60 has 10 factors.

60 is clearly better than 100.

100 even gets the benefit of 39 extra numbers, but ends up with 3 factors LESS.

Hundredfags BTFO, decimal system getting obliterated ITT, dozenalism will reign supreme. Suck my do-inch dick, ten-centimetre-faggots.

forgot 1 x 100 = 100

American Calculator

and also 100 it self :)

So that means ten has eight factors. And sixty has eleven.

Ten is getting holocausted! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!! Hee hee hee!

So 100 has a total of nine factors….lol off by one! Hee hee hee!

And 60 has a total of TWELVE factors. It's like pottery.

60 and 12….greatest numbers of all fucking time! Hee hee hee!

(holds back numbers, do not believe you)

1 2 4 5 10 20 25 50 100

Holocaust

This thread is so Reddit you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

said the man while he browsed reddit in shame..

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 30, 60

blown THE FUCK out! Hee hee hee!

Imperial units allow for more fine-grain whole-number measurements at common, real-life scales.

For example:

Short people are 5' tall, average people are around 6' tall, top end is around 7'.
5 to 7 feet. Easy to remember. In metric? 1.5 to 2.1m.

Dick sizes? Same concept: 5 to 7 inches. In metric? 12 to 18 cm.

Temperature: 0°F is nearly the coldest it gets in the USA, 100°F is nearly the hottest it gets. You have 100 whole number units of temperature to measure between those values, so you can set your thermostat to 70 or 71°F (small difference) rather than 21 or 22°C (significantly bigger difference.)

Yards and meters are about equally useful for measuring property-scale distances. With imperial units, however, you have the foot in between inches and yards, whereas in metric you have nothing between centimeters and meters (go ahead and pretend you actually use decimeters.)

I'm not saying that it doesn't make more sense mathematically to use a consistent base-10 scale, I just think that imperial will be hard to shake because it's so practical in application.

i finally understand.
you can then say how many 5 minutes there is in a hour for an example, it just works.. where did you say it was invented? the same place as the meters? wew

Enjoy not being able to understand the mathematics we use today fag.

I am a hexadecimal god

hexadecimal = decimal > duodecimal

thanks for your insight, sharing and kindness. a rare thing around here. +10 smart points

i understand that we are different and kinda respects it, but i think that its time to adapt a new system, our brains have (actually not) became smarter,( but we have better knowledge, technology and options for living longer today.) and there for i think you are able to adapt a new system, even tho it will not happen. we are smarter now and the way what ever you use to cal things in size length and weight belongs to the past.

On what have you been spending 17 years, PBS kids?

haha wow, you're retarded mayn.

This.

Fucking perma-retard.
OP is a boring uneventful faggot.
Fuck off back to PBS.

It doesn't matter to me whether the US switches to metric today or stays with imperial… I've known both since grade school and it wouldn't take much time for metric to become second nature to me.

I just know that most of the idiots in my country wouldn't be able to grasp it. I know people who have absolutely no sense of how big a meter is, people who can't even roughly estimate a length in centimeters, and people who don't understand that pounds measure force whereas kilograms measure mass (and the difference between those two concepts.)

Not only that, but a lot of Americans have this nonsensical view that accepting anything "foreign" is bad. They'd feel betrayed if the big corporations started using metric measurements or if politicians/celebrities/businesses endorsed it in any way.

Using base-12 and base-60 was the result of Babylonians. That's before the Arabs moved in. Akkadians were Ancient Aryans. They also are why we say circles have 360-degrees, and they got extremely close to how many days are in a year.

The metre is shitfuck decimal nonsense made up only 200 years ago and it makes no sense and they base their measurements are arbitrary rods and cups they keep in a vault in France.

It's dozenal, faggot. Both terms hexadecimal and duodecimal are decimal-centric. Now do me a favor and divide 16 by 3….lol faggot.