Is it true that the Education version of Windows 10 has no botnet...

Is it true that the Education version of Windows 10 has no botnet? I need a PC with AutoCAD and I could easily get that license, but I don't want any of the botnet.

Is it true that the Education edition has no botnet?

Other urls found in this thread:

freecadweb.org/
librecad.org/cms/home.html
trisquel.info/
docs.google.com/document/d/1wDkN8tOadoBRKDWYoP9vckYYVm1SutSPHxapO6UxsJA/edit
iase.disa.mil/stigs/os/windows/Pages/win10.aspx
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/configure-windows-telemetry-in-your-organization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pick one

What is with all of those Windows 10 threads lately? If you realy need to use that program just install it on a VM or dual boot use GNU/Linux for everything else. You can't escape the botnet.

I just came here to ask. The VM is not a viable solution for me because it doesn't perform as well and AutoCAD is heavy enough as it is. I could stay on 7, though.

What is librecad or freecad
freecadweb.org/
librecad.org/cms/home.html

Install Gnu Trisquel
trisquel.info/

You seem to have an unhealthy windows addiction, but it's a disease, an illness. No Windows isn't, "good in moderation". You have to kick the habit completely if you want to get better.

The education version and Enterprise LTSB versions supposedly have Cortana removed. Not telemetry. However, on the LTSB version I got my hands on, Cortana is still there for the search function. To remove it, you essentially have to rename the folder that houses Cortana, which breaks it, so it no longer will run in the background. After that windows file search will became the default again from Windows 7.

For the privacy settings, I followed the guides that MS and DoD released for Military/Corporate IT departments to secure the OS. That's what I used and got this locked down more than Windows 7.

The funny thing about telemetry is that it uses the same functions that were uploaded to Windows 7/8. Doing the things in task scheduler to remove the telemetry functions that Hotwheels linked to here disabled it. I also managed to disable windows update.

Here's the links to the guides I used, this is mainly for those that have the Enterprise version of W10.

docs.google.com/document/d/1wDkN8tOadoBRKDWYoP9vckYYVm1SutSPHxapO6UxsJA/edit

iase.disa.mil/stigs/os/windows/Pages/win10.aspx

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/configure-windows-telemetry-in-your-organization

This a screencap of the post Hotwheels made about removing telemetry from Windows 7. The parts about removing items from task scheduler apply to Windows 10 as well.

Fuck off with these Wingoy 10 threads. There is no way to remove the botnet in Windows. No program, or script, or "setting" can change that.

Didn't you know? The CEO of the hotwheels company is the owner of Holla Forums.

No.

Pieces of shit. They don't even have half of the features and can't into 3D.

Windows 3.11 (not WFW) and earlier are safe

Your best bet is going to be to "lock down" Windows 7 with the various guides floating around the internet.

Dualbooting won't help you, privacy-wise.

BricsCAD is really damn good if you don't mind paying for that sort of shit. I use it for my CNC lathe

There's really no reason to use windows 10 at all. Directx12 has proven to be a massive pile of shit and most of the upcoming games are using the Vulkan API which doesn't lock you down to any system.

Except it does. Windows still can't read or write to ext4. Dual booting is the best solution for those who still require windows for certain programs but can't afford to have a second computer for it.

No, Hotwheels isn't a company, it's brand owned by Mattel

>He thinks they won't add support with 'Microsoft

No.

It's 100% BOTNET.

stay on 7 and use it for shit that only work on win

dual boot (buy a second ssd, the 30Gb are dirt cheap and enough for any linux)

FDE

do

pick the server version and install it in legacy mode with MBR disk. It has godmode permissions and allows you to disable user policies completely, botnet-tasks in task scheduler and scheduled phoning home of debug/crashdump in even viewer

As far as I know even enterprise edition contains botnet.
Use Server 2008 or higher but don't trust it. Better if you have the last best version that is Vista.