OPEC instability and the Saudi Civil War

archive.is/KDuny

Link is to a wonderful article on ever-dropping prices to extract oil from previously difficult fields in North America and how this is utterly devastating the Saudis and OPEC who aren't doing secondary extraction at all but still incur crazy costs anyway.

It's kinda delicious. Holla Forums has discussed the idea of a Saudi Civil war before. I'll give you the rundown on that.

My prediction is that when King Salman dies, a civil war is not an unlikely prospect. Debt, dwindling foreign currency reserves, the weight of the Saudi welfare state, religion, and conflict in the region (ISIS, Houthi Yemeni war, etc.) only make me more confident in my prediction.

What do you think Holla Forums? Will the Saudis have a civil war? Will oil prices cripple OPEC as we know it? Is the cash-cow of numerous 3rd world governments about to run out or be severely diminished?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32509296
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/10432006/Pakistan-ready-to-deliver-nuclear-weapons-to-Saudi-Arabia.html
rt.com/news/259565-saudi-pakistan-nuclear-weapons/
unc.edu/depts/diplomat/AD_Issues/amdipl_17/articles/deatkine_arabs1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your dubs say yes.

I hope so. These subhumans need to die. All of them.

But their military is shit that's why they always seek help form the US.

While I appreciate having my dubs checked, I'd prefer more lively discussion of the topic.

A Saudi Civil war would be like IRL Game of Thrones. Think about it. You have lines of the family that don't exactly trust one another, a government and economy ruled by lines of these families and deep divisions between them.

Remember: state-run or supported industries and government departments (including branches of the military) are run like private fiefdoms in Saudi Arabia. When we talk about government miscommunication between ministries/departments in the West, we have no idea what it's like in SA with their deep divisions and hoarding of information, funds, etc.

This is a PERFECT climate for a very interesting conflict. More interesting is foreign involvement. The Saudi military is extremely well-equipped as said. The trouble comes when one looks at their maintenance and usage of equipment.

We have footage from the war in Yemen and we can see Saudi tankers behaving like rank amateurs and getting killed by Houthi rebels. The rest of their military isn't much better from what I understand.

The Saudis, because of these limitations, rely heavily on foreign workers to conduct maintenance on their military equipment and infrastructure. That adds an interesting component to a potential civil war.

Imagine the amounts of cash, secret foreign accounts held by warring princes, that'll be thrown around to anyone who can fix an F-15 or Eurofighter. Imagine the money that'll be spent on professional military assistance like that offered by MPRI during the Croatian war of independence.

It would be a bloodbath and you can bet almost every country on Earth would be somehow involved given what's at stake. Let's also not forget the Saudi populace's love for crazy interpretations of Islam- that could lead to a dark horse contender in the civil war or several: ISIS-like (or maybe ISIS itself) groups trying to oust the House of Saud's warring princes entirely to establish an Islamic Republic or similar setup.

The amount of money, military equipment, and foreign involvement would make the Syrian civil war look like children fighting on the playground by comparison.

It could be the most entertaining, involved, expensive, threatening, and high-stakes HAPPENING of our lives.

Bump for interest. Would you say other regional powers as Qatar, UAE or the king of Jordan are likely to jump the opportunity to act militarily?

He's 80 years old and has shit loads of money. Rockefeller keeps on trucking on his.. what, 6th heart now? He's 101. Money will buy you extra years.

I don't think he'll die of old age in the next 10-15 years. If power balances/alliances in the Middle East change drastically he could be assassinated.

The Saudis are like the edgy rich kid in school that runs arround with an expensive knife but gets destroyed by everyone on sight when trying to use it.

I'm 101% sure they will eat each other. The Saudis have no industry and the youth only gets useless jobs from the GOV so they have an income.

All the simple jobs like cashir, waiter and etc go to the domestic workers slaves.

From seeing what these animals do with their slaves I really hope that they finally start to kill each other.

It could be a really, really good happening.

If the God-Emperor is in office, you can see at least some attempt at joint problem solving with the Russians, who obviously have every interest in seeing Ras Tanurah offiline, but will acknowledge the need for an exit strategy to the crisis. Several weeks of high-tempo strikes later, anything still wearing a keffiyah comes to the negotiating table.

If Cankles is in office, grab your ankles and kiss your genitalia a fond farewell as the neocohens lurch from their graves and implement several layers of agendas, including making Eretz Israel using Burger cannonfodder, a unified Caliphate stretching from Istanbul to Qatar, a fragmented Arab polity that sends several dozen supplicants to Tel Aviv for weapons, or even the crowdfunded nuking of Mecca.

Were The Oil Drum running, it would be a heck of a time to ask how much of the Saudi production could be brought back if they had to stop forcing the remaining Gharwar oil to the surface.

It's highly likely

for all practical purposes, OPEC doesn't really exist anymore, they all claim to follow the limits they set, but no one actually does
The only real player in OPEC is the KSA, who outstrips everyone else in terms of production

It's only a small part of it, the bigger deal in dropping prices is the global slowdown, especially in China and Europe who manage to be one of the largest importers from KSA
People aren't buying stuff->less production->less oil bought

In terms of an outcome, this would be pretty likely. In KSA right now, the only reason the Islamists haven't beheaded the King is because they're paid off massively and exported out of the country to prevent them from raising hell

(checked)
I remember this exact discussion about a year or so ago. It was a great thread.
And how many claimants are there to the throne? I assume a lot, right?

3 big ones then a host of smaller claimants

One runs the national guard
One runs the interior ministry(secret police)
One is the defense minister
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-32509296

Also, forgot to mention, but the eastern portion of Saudi Arabia is Shia, so in the event of major instability, expect that part of the country to get heavy weaponry and Quds operatives within hours

Another big factor is how the Egyptians react to a potential Saudi civil war

Oh shit, if this is gonna happen it's going to be a mess. Iran and the KSA are also in a min-cold war of sorts, so I can see Iran take advantage of that, or at least accusations of Iran taking advantage of the instability.

I can't find the term for it at the moment, but the entire Islamic world is gearing up for another major Inter-Faith war
The Arab Spring and ISIS, while manipulated and used by the US and Israel, are the first birth pains of the conflict

I didn't even THINK about the Hajj! Holy fuck what a shitshow that'd be!

Imagine the Hajj during a Saudi civil war. People would still go, no doubt. There's also the Hajj as a chance for recruitment of foreign fighters to fight for… whatever faction gets to them.

Very true, the Saudis failed to comply with the price increase agreement OPEC was trying to implement. They thought they could flood the market and outcompete the newer producers– they were wrong but now they're kinda stuck with their earlier decision.

As to a global slowdown, I understand it's a factor and a big take-home lesson in the current glut of oil but there's also actual production factors to consider.

As to islamic crazies, you're perfectly correct. Saudi Arabia would be a mad-house if they didn't pacify their crazies with meaningless morality police jobs, money, and exporting the most troublesome to go be crazy elsewhere.

Trump in office would be positively fascinating. I'd think we might intervene but ONLY if the prince in question gives the USA extensive rights to what oil remains and access to actual accurate estimates of remaining reserves.

Also I'm thinking/hoping Trump is smart enough to know air strikes are a limited tool. They can be precise and decisive but their efficacy against guerrillas is limited at best- not to mention cost efficiency issues of using munitions more expensive than the targets they're destroying.

I would hope US involvement could be limited to strictly PMC's and private entities hired by the Saudis. Negotiated airspace and on/off limits targets might help though- it'd minimize casualties among American and European maintenance personnel and their potential Chinese or Russian counterparts depending on who gets involved in the Civil War. I highly doubt civilized countries want their people, even high paid ones who know the risks, getting killed needlessly.

Yep. I was the faggot who started that one. Can't seem to find my saved .pdf of the thread though, sadly, otherwise I'd reiterate some key points to catch people up to speed.

Good catch! I mean, we all know why they're fighting the Houthis in Yemen so hard- they want to keep their own Shiites down. They saw Iraq and how Iran reacted, they don't want to have that kind of vulnerability or opening. Not to mention Bahrain's unpleasantness during the Arab Spring with their Shiite population.

Intifada? That's the only one I can think of besides the obvious "jihad".

It was cool. I remember a soldier talking about how fucked up the Saudis are when it comes to communication, withholding information, and being showoffs who don't know shit. They're a bunch of paranoid fuckers too.

Like the good ol' days after 9/11.

A saudi civil war would be a brilliant happening. Id say its inevitable, these people dont live in a world where people say no to them and they seem greedy enough to not have problems offing their second/third cousin.

The only thing that would stop it is the meddling of outside influences, chiefly the US. They have long viewed SA as a stable ally in the area and with how they fucked up libya and syria they wont want to lose operational space in the middle east. I dont know how deep the influence the US has as i imagine the princes will ignore what they say the minute it doesnt agree with them.

Other middle east countries, especially Iran, will welcome and try to engineer this event. The war in syria would collapse quickly without saudi backing which would drop as they used those arms to fight each other. This would lead to some countries like turkey and perhaps others who wouldnt care much either way about SA normally, trying to prevent a civil war. I dont imagine they could have much influence over the outcome though as SA is the man in the relationship between the two.

Good to see a proper discussion OP

One thing that keeps your country together is a common enemy. That common enemy might very well be Iran. For quite some time now the Saudis and Iran are in an arms race. On the one hand it's a reflection of the russian and US influence in the countries but those two seem to really hate each others guts.
There is quite a lot valid speculation that ISIS is in big parts a product of a Iran/Saudi cold war. Not necessarily between Russia and the US but the actual players. This is backed by the cables that were leaked long ago were elements of the Saudi regime discussed how to use their sect of islam as a weapon for regional power.

Turkey actually may be willing to turn on the Saudis, especially if the rumors of them pivoting away from the US are true
They want to be the regional power, and the Saudis are one of the major competitors for that title, Iran and Israel are the other two

It's worth mentioning that the Saudi's do have nukes, so at the very least in event of a civil war, you might have a joint intervention to secure or destroy those

Im not sure i believe they do. I know they claim to but it is plausible they are just saying that to beat iran to the punch. As the poster above you said, they have been in somewhat of an arms race. An intervention on those grounds though could be a brilliant cover to conduct other operations.

You are right about turkey maybe turning on them, flip of a coin as to what they deem most important. They have proved they will do whatever to stop the kurds getting their independance and destabilise syria. But they have always struck me as having an inflated sense of self and would love to be top dog in the region. Turkey moving away from the US makes it even more likely the US are going to be pulling every single string they have to ensure it doesnt happen.

The powers that be will try and reign turkey in and although it looks like they arent having any success now. We all know they are coniving cunts so i wouldnt put it past them.

Russia would undoubtably have an interest in the fall of SA but they arent in a position to do much from what i know.

What are the odds of one faction banning another from things like this? Cant say i know much about these festivals.

Don't forget that Saudi Light Sweet Crude is basically the easiest and cheapest oil to refine in the world as well.

I'd be curious to know if this is really a direct cost-benefit problem or just a problem with the fact that the Saudis are no longer able to extract monopoly rents from the oil market. I'm also interested to know how much of that actually goes to welfare and not in the Royal Family's portfolio considering the Dutch Disease issue.

Anyone up on the economics of oil markets? Something doesn't quite smack as correct, here.

In re: Saudi Nukes I'm inclined to ALMOST believe it.

The Saudis bought a ton of MRBM's from China in the 80's and recently bought new ones according to rumors. They operate a dedicated rocket force as a branch of the military- something generally only nuclear armed nations do in the vein of the Chinese 2nd Artillery Corps or the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces.

Then there's the Saudi financing of Pakistan's nuke program. It's an almost open secret that the Saudis bankrolled a lot of the operation and I doubt they did it out of the kindness of their heart and the "special" Saudi-Pakistani relationship.

Thanks for the compliment. I rarely OP a thread and I try to only post interesting and truly political things. Turkey is, historically, the leader of the Islamic world and a great power in the region. Erdogan's moves of late seem to signal that he's breaking with the Kemalist tradition of westernization and beginning to consider once again becoming a power in the Islamic world like Turkey was historically.

I'm an informed amateur on oil economics but likely not the guy to chime in on it. I will say though that
when it comes to Saudi crude can likely be translated to

Iran's been a big winner in past instabilities. Hezbollah is making gains with the Syrian civil war and we know Iran puppeteers much of Iraq's Shiite communities and government officials.

ISIS isn't being fought quite so heavily by regional powers likely BECAUSE they view them as a potentially useful proxy against Iran and the Kurds should the worst happen. It's also likely the reason for the low-key support ISIS receives from the Gulf States.

Trouble is, it's a dangerous game. ISIS are a bunch of crazies who hate the House of Saud and the Gulf State governments only SLIGHTLY less than they hate Shiites who they ultimately hate far less than the West and secularists.

No
The Saudi's financed the Pakistani Nuclear program and in return the Pakis gave them nukes/promise to give them support
Not sure how this will play out going into the future given that Pakistan is on the verge of being a failed state though
There's enough of a smoking gun here to assume that the Saudis already have the nukes, not necessarily the ability to make them though
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/10432006/Pakistan-ready-to-deliver-nuclear-weapons-to-Saudi-Arabia.html
rt.com/news/259565-saudi-pakistan-nuclear-weapons/

probably a bit of both
The Saudis guard their oil information very well given that it's their life blood

This is also a interesting development as of recently, the Saudis are pumping insane amounts of money in a crash course military program

So the criticisms that the AKP was some neo-Ottoman faction is true? Well, it's obvious, but now it seems more so.

Hopefully President Trump will give things a nudge by jacking up the price of US food exports.

Remember, W put incentives in place for bio-diesel (burning food!) that ultimately led to the Arab spring 917% food price inflation in Egypt in the year before the uprising). (Not to mention inflation fears in China that started the collapse in credit markets.)

Bio-diesel isn't remotely plausible at current oil prices. Need to think of a new excuse to divert production. Remember he was in favor of the Ethanol mandate while pandering in Iowa: why not double it?

absolutely
The whole secular idea of Turkey, and frankly even secular arab nations is a flash in the pan concept compared to the history of the region

Haven't read the rest of the thread, so I'm probably repeating people, but this is a pretty interesting topic considering the country isn't even a nation, but a royal estate writ large. Saudi Arabia is a clusterfuck only held together by money, hired guns, and its role funding the playboy lives of the House of Saud.

Around 1/5th of their population are Salalfi or Wahhabi, the extremely hardline Islamic sect that wants everything older than Muhammad and even any Islamic shrine or tomb torn down, considers any other Muslim sect to be apostates, and from which pretty much most of the jihadis get inspired from. Another 1/10th are Shia.

Their population is hilariously inbred, over half of the population are in incestual marriages. Even other Arabs consider them inbred, and Arabs as a whole are inbred and proud, so that's saying something.

So once Abdullah and Ahmed can no longer fly to America and fuck prostitutes while doing crack then come back to Arabia and piously bang their head into the ground five times a day, things are going to collapse faster than a Saudi flying a plan near a skyscraper. A huge chunk of their population is another ISIS waiting to happen and is only kept from such by bribery. Once the money is gone, they'll turn to religion and fighting, and the Sauds will soon realise they can't have their playboy lifestyle anymore, leading to the entire house fracturing, if they don't get akbared by their own people for being neck-deep in sex, drugs, and alcohol.

So to answer, a civil war is inevitable, yup. Saudi Arabia isn't a country, it's a family estate, even the name ('the bit of Arabia owned by the House of Saud') points that out. It's like an even worse and more fundamentally broken Austria-Hungary. The only thing that's kept them together has been money and religion balanced precariously. Religion giving a common unifier, and money keeping them happy and paying for hired guns to get rid of anyone not happy while the royal family jets around the world to crash new expensive cars and rape new exotic women. But it's money above all else that stabilises the country, and religion is becoming a danger because Islam's love of killing shit coupled with increasing conservatism and hardline stances that see anyone even slightly divergent from fundamental Islam to be fair targets to kill, not just infidels. Said hardline Islamists aren't going to laugh off the fact that the royal family does more drugs and drinks than the rest of the country combined and are making a mockey of Islam. Now add in all the Shia, 1/10th of the population, that Iran will arm immediately so it can finally destroy its biggest rival and help cement its place as the dominant Islamic country (and advance Shiite Islam at the same time).

I don't know how it'll affect OPEC and the rest of the world, but Saudi Arabia collapsing is inevitable and inescapable. It's a medieval kingdom and royal playground in the modern world held together solely by oil money. Once the oil runs out, I think it's immediately over for them, even borrowing won't be easy because they have nothing else to offer, I'd say. I'd imagine most of the royal family will flee rather than seek to take the succession, they seem to just want to wallow in wealth and luxury more than actually rule, and all they'd need to do is escape to the West and live out their lives with their comfy bank accounts. I suppose it depends on just how badly the country collapses, whether it seems possible to reunify under the Sauds or if it's completely over, considering that the Saudis are not a nation or people, just Arabs living under a dynasty and so won't have the impetus to form another Saudi state.

I'm surprised that Turkey held together for so long. Kemal should've just banned Islam from the country.

And can someone elaborate on the Turkish-Kurdish connection as well? From what I understand, these two groups hate each other and the Kurds have been trying to break away while Turkey has been giving haven to ISIS fighters.

Not to mention the Houthi Uprising that's been going on; they're making a mockery of the hilariously inbred Saudis who can't do shit with their technologically advanced hand-me-downs. Even a cucklib faggot can be a better trained warrior than a regular Saudi soldier.

But then comes the question, what will come after Saudi Arabia in case of a civil war? I doubt the pop. will want the sauds still in power.

That's an easy one.

I doubt they'll be able to rebuild, but I was more thinking along the lines of political entities, I doubt they'd want to be associated with the sauds.

at it's heart an ethnic conflict, same deal with Kurd-Arab and Kurd-Persian conflicts
They're different tribes and they've been fighting with each other for centuries
Another issue is that the Kurds are ethnically displacing the Turks in the eastern portion of the country

Now the reason Kurdistan will never exist is that the various Kurdish tribes hate each other more than they hate outsiders. It's a situation fairly similar to Libya, where there is no real nation, but a collection of tribes that were kept in line by Qaddafi
Also, don't buy into the "based kurds" meme, they're just as shitty as the turks and love honor killings

Depends on who jumps in on the conflict, but a fractured split up country, and some powerless central government with US support that controls the capital
Also, major oil companies moving in and making deals with the individual tribes over oil fields

back to the Tribal level, look to Yemen for a good example

Oh, I never did. Fuck those Marxist-feminist faggots. It's a shame they have some pretty women though.

So nothing new under the sun?

Death and destruction, a possibly bigger ISIS playground is my best bet if SHTF and flies across the room.

Saudi soldiers have nothing to fight for. Their royals are shit and only exist to be employers, they have no nationality, they're not even defending their homes. There's no real motivation, and I'd imagine the Saudis don't spend a fortune on training when there's cars to joyride and drugs to buy, and they can hire mercenaries if they really need so that's no surprise.

Hard to tell. One thing's for certain, barring the West or China or another country forcing it, there won't be another big single state there.

Saudi Arabia exists as a historical accident, its borders aren't due to ethnicities or nations or anything, only really due to the Saud's conquering the region and what the British let them have. Nothing unifies the Saudi people, the only thing they have together is being under the same royal dynasty. Even the Muslim common ground is a mess due to Sunni/Shia/Ibadi splits, and then further splits between the kinds of Sunni and more. Another single big state there won't occur naturally.

Most likely, it will collapse to an amalgam of many states, probably ruled by some Saud members, whatever warlord can convince people to join him, Islamic states, and/or puppet states of neighbours and other powers, Iran especially for the Shiites. Some on the eastern side might even form some small emirates and want to join the UAE though I'm not sure the UAE will want that since they'll have their own problems too.

It'll be a mess, that's certain, and it won't reunify, only partially stabilise in a permanently split state.

Fuck, I actually feel bad for the foot soldiers. What good is a nation if you can't even protect it?

Feels strange, man.

Tribes with Flags user, tribes with flags

This is actually an interesting discussion as well
I doubt the surrounding gulf states would be able to survive a Saudi collapse

return to the natural state of the region

UAE would collapse the week the water/food shipments stop coming in. They're less unified than Saudi Arabia and have been importing people to build all their stuff for decades now.

What would be the natural state for Europeans and Euro-descended peoples? Monarchy?

I need to clarify, even under Mohamed, the Arabian peninsula was never really unified, it was a thousand different tribes, each with their own chief
Monarchy for them is hilariously new, well under a century

As for Euros, the tribal structures that were present in the past don't exist anymore and really haven't for a long time. Sure you still have regional differences, but nearly to the extent of the Arab world

(checked)

Also check out the UAE's flags for each region. It's hard to tell them apart.

The Emiratis are exactly like the Saudis in that they consider 90% of jobs to beneath their dignity.

They would live on a mountain of rotting garbage and raw sewage before they would lift a shovel to clean it themselves.

*to be beneath

Let's not forget the foreign workers in Saudi Arabia itself. Almost every industry would grind to a screeching halt, there wouldn't BE an economy outside of desperate oil production to fuel arms purchases and keep armies fighting.

Hell, it's almost Mad Max with Islam and in a very specific part of the world. Think about the Middle East in general and the Gulf States in particular. These places can't support their relatively huge populations without massive imports and very advanced technology. Both are things they wouldn't be able to maintain in a civil war scenario.

Read this article (no need to archive, it's good stuff and deserves views- not to mention it's a non-profit educational institution doing the hosting and there are no ads)
unc.edu/depts/diplomat/AD_Issues/amdipl_17/articles/deatkine_arabs1.html

It explains a lot about Arab militaries and culture's effects thereon.

You might want to check out the above article.

The only REALLY effective force in SA's arsenal is the SANG (Saudi Arabian National Guard) which is equivalent to a regime-protection force akin to Saddam's Republican Guard or the Iranian Revolutionary Guard.

The SANG recruits almost exclusively from tribes that've been close to the House of Saud for a century or more. They WILL fight, far better than SA's regular troops.

Really though, all the money in the world won't change SA's military into an effective force. Seeing their performance in Yemen is proof positive of that.

That's the article I was referencing!
Thanks user.

And where are you getting these pics from?

Can't recall, just liked the science fiction vacation posters I found on some website, decided to download them. Sorry man. Mebbe try reverse image search?

Also wanted to say generally
Great thread so far, let's keep this up
It's important stuff, isn't shilling, isn't sliding, and it's most assuredly political. I'd hate to see this thread die down or get slid out of the catalogue before we get a chance to really explore this.

geopolitics threads with a touch of speculation are some of the comfiest and best on Holla Forums

Agreed. These are the kind of threads that Holla Forums needs more often. There's a potential for this (((ally))) the Saudi family are Jews to fracture and for some other nations or world players to fill in the vacuum.

More or less like the iron triangle in the old SU:

Party
Army
KGB

The Hajj is more than a festival - it's one of the core stipulations for all Muslims to visits Mekka and the Kaabah at least once in their lifetime. It's a fundamental tenet of Islam. Just the tought of somehow prohibiting it is heretical.

That does not mean that everybody does it, of course, due to economic reasons. But it's really fundamental and has been so since the 7th century AD.

I can't wait.

Goopd write-up, although I disagree on that part. AH was actually a very functional and stable empire before subversive nationalism and pan-slavism crept in.

A fracturing of Saudi Arabia after a civil war plays right into Israel's long term plans for expansion. They certainly wouldn't let the opportunities provided by a civil war go to waste.

Going to war against Yemen was foolish, that country is a graveyard for invading armies.

What is the current status of that war? I haven't heard much in months. I've read a little on here and seen some videos of the Saudis getting seriously fucked up.

Question, is this the reason for the war on fracking and tar sands and the like? I never understood where that shit came from, and why the demofucks are pushing it so hard? Because we all know their get their money from the saudis, and if our methods of getting oil suddenly stop or become far more expensive, it would push demand back to middle eastern oil, which would allow them to return to their model and be sustainable again rather than running dry on cash?

I figured there had to be something else besides "enviromentalism" behind the democrat party as a whole joining against these other methods of obtaining oil and gas… we all know they dont give a shit about the environment, and only adopt platforms that push their agenda one way or another. So is this the ultimate reason? Because these methods are bankrupting their middle eastern backers?

Disable the HTTPS Everywhere rule for unc.edu if you get a 404 error on the article. At first I thought the kikes were onto us and had shut it down after 16 years of the article being in the same place.

Not so much, I'm sure it plays part of it. Even with fracking we bring in 15%ish of our oil from Saudi Arabia
Fracking does have some serious enviromental concerns, but that was mainly due to corporations just ignoring regulations, especially on waste water contamination.

If I had to guess, it's more likely the big oil companies got their fingers involved in that, since oil prices are depressed enough to stop fracking for a while now, and it's destroyed the small-medium tier fracking companies, leaving a lot of oil rights to be bought up for future extraction on the cheap

I'm gonna take a moment to disagree here. Those mercenaries the Saudis hire usually come in the form of "advisors" who train their troops.

An irony of the Saudi Arabia situation is that the military is far less powerful than it should be, because Arabs can not into modern armies. Imagine, for a second, we weren't talking about the Saudis, and I described a rich, unstable nation whose military is composed of large quantities of Russian and American equipment and supported by advisors from both countries. In a vacuum, that sounds like a perfect situation for the military to do whatever it wants. But instead the military is a sad joke whose only role is to funnel massive quantities of money to American and Russian PMCs.

Would it be possible to abduct the cube and throw into the ocean or dump it on Israel?

I'll tell you what happens.

Tens of millions more refugees, thats what. Coming to YOUR neighborhood.

It won't change anything. The cube has been damaged and destroyed before. They just rebuild it. It's not an off switch.

I'm all for shitskins offing each other but this will only benefit Israel as they play both sides to create Greater Israel. They'll use the typical Problem, Reaction, Solution approach. I bet the jews are already working on D&C to meme that civil war to happen.

Given how muslims love telling other muslims how they arent real muslims id say theres a fair chance one faction is going to seize and perhaps try and monetize these sites. Would be a good earner once they start running low. Quite easy to imagine an inter-muslim holy war breaking out.

The saudis have made very few friends and everyone knows how toxic their beliefs are. Even the open border faggots will be hesitant to let them in. Public opinion is swinging against immigration, especially muslim immigration. Its not impossible we will see a lot of closed doors if saudis try to leave.

if western civilization burns at least I can be happy that the entire Muslim world will be utterly fucked because we won't give they gibs for their oil anymore.

I hope the Saudis get nukes and accidentally nuke themselves.

If you do your research you will find out that the saudis have been pumping millions of gallons of water into their wells to increase pressure to get the oil out.
So first they dont have the oil they say they do and 2nd they are drying out their country.

Gotta nuke the cube to make it go away.

In truth this would solve alotta problems, the more so because the event wasn't foreseen by Muhammad.

Honestly I think that the biggest happening will be the collapse of western civilization if Trump looses.

The western world doesnt begin and end with america. It started without you and will continue without you. Western civilization wont collapse if clinton wins. I doubt the americans have a civil war in them if im honest. Even if there is civil war in america its not the end of western civilization. The rest of the western world will continue on after some restructuring.

Bump

Well, the West has collapsed before. We might even say it's collapsed TWICE if you really want to get into it.

One collapse was the collapse of the Mycenaean civilization prior to the Greek Dark Ages and the later creation of the Polises.

The other, more definite and less arguable collapse, was that of the Western Roman Empire.

Both were followed by a period of instability, greatly reduced commerce, and weakness. Granted, the Greek Dark Age saw the introduction of Iron in large quantities so that's a thing. Largely though, civilizations become smaller and grand works are less likely to be built.

I don't think we'll collapse outright if Clinton is elected, but an eventual collapse becomes more likely and the timetable for one is accelerated.

Europe is also in crisis. The key difference between the crises found in the West and that we see in the Near East is that the Near Eastern ones are FAR more severe for their populations.

Europe and the USA are food self-sufficient. They'd suffer a shortage of energy but not an outright and universal cut-off. They have industry and infrastructure that isn't wholly dependent on imports.

Compare this situation with the Middle East and you get a feel for the "severity" of a potential collapse. That's what makes the prospect of a Saudi civil war so interesting.

tl;dr civil war damage on infrastructure

Yemenis are actually invading saudi territory, firing totchka missiles at saudi bases, killing hundreds at a time. Colombian mercenaries are dying, and they apparently killed an american soldier who was fighting on the side of al-qaeda, go figure!

The saudi response is to attack civilians in Sanaa. meanwhile the obama regime is silent about the civilian deaths.

Food prices getting jacked up during those years were primarily caused by wild speculation in the oil market after the recession really started kicking in. I'm sure there's a connection to biofuels as well, but it was increasing oil prices that caused food riots in Africa. Besides, if agricultural in America sneezes, the whole world shakes.

All Holla Forums users, and, for that matter, all people who discuss politics on the internet are assholes.

Seriously, a bunch of alcoholic, insecure, inferiority-complex, crypto-racist, self-styled 'autistic', self-regarding 'meme-making' morons.

What they lack in brains, creativity or numbers they more than make up for in volume and insanely blind allegiance to the most overrated board in history.

If reddit or, to a lesser extent, tumblr were wiped off the face of the map, what would Holla Forumstards do? They would have no earthly reason to go on, as they thrive on the antipathy they feel toward their perceived betters. If Holla Forums suddenly disappeared, reddit and tumblr wouldn't even notice. The 'rivalries' that Holla Forums has fostered have always had a passion gap, because they've always meant more to the Holla Forums then they did to anybody else. Sort of like a drunk short guy in a bar picking fights with anybody over 6'2.

And furthermore, Holla Forums is actually kind of a shitty board after you've seen all the same threads from way back before it was called Holla Forums. For my money, it's a poor man's /int/, and it's tough to stomach either of those places after you've spent any real time in /sp/.

Not to malign Holla Forums, formerly beautiful part of the internet. But Holla Forums, specifically, blows.

nuke the cube, make it so that the radiation doesn't kill but use just enough to make every visitor infertile.

that article. It's amazing the arabs still exist as a race… how can any culture get ahead when society is organized like that.