Would you buy an electric car or isn't that an option for you right now?

would you buy an electric car or isn't that an option for you right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/business/economy/americas-best-selling-cars-and-trucks-are-built-on-lies-the-rise-of-fake-engine-noise/2015/01/21/6db09a10-a0ba-11e4-b146-577832eafcb4_story.html
wsj.com/articles/how-to-make-a-normal-car-sound-like-a-ferrari-1378901837
vroombox.com/
forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2012/06/10/energys-deathprint-a-price-always-paid/#72972349709b
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i think they are all inferior to normal cars
they have limited ranges
they need hours to charge
maybe in 10 years or so

I'd do it, but they're an elite luxury. This is the plan for all future cars.

I would buy it if it was as good as a normal car, and drove itself

are those cars even better for the environment? as long as the electric energy is produced by a nuclear power plant i'm not sure if that's any better than gasoline powered cars.

id buy the cheaper

nuclear powerplant is better

Solar cars have existed since the 70's and I think they would be a lot better but you have to do it yourself

why? they (often) come with more horse powers than regular cars

Electric cars don't run on explosions

and they don't make manly car noises.

there are cars out there who use speakers to fake that manly sound..
its pathetic

i like it authentic and natural. vroom vrrom, faggot.

Prove it please I want to hear it.

(not that guy)
it's true, at least in the USA.
car engines have gotten quieter and quieter over time, as they've become more efficient (as noise does indicate wasted energy, really…)

a lot of US vehicles play fake synchronized engine noise through the car audio speakers to make them sound more macho/powerful when you're driving them
just one story, there's a bunch-
washingtonpost.com/business/economy/americas-best-selling-cars-and-trucks-are-built-on-lies-the-rise-of-fake-engine-noise/2015/01/21/6db09a10-a0ba-11e4-b146-577832eafcb4_story.html

its not only done in the us
mostly cheap sports cars do it

there are solutions with speakers in the car or solutions with speakers outside of the car

wsj.com/articles/how-to-make-a-normal-car-sound-like-a-ferrari-1378901837

vroombox.com/

Don't get me wrong, I care about the environment. Just not enough to drive such a gay looking vehicle.

Nuclear power is cleaner than coal power.
The real issue is that electric cars are going to be pulling more power, with enough electric cars on the road there will be a real issue with grids being able to supply enough power for charging all the fucking things. It would be more feasible to have the cars generating their own power on the go but not until all cars are self-driving, otherwise you'll have nuclear powered 400 lbs. screaming metal death traps smashing into each other causing miniature hiroshimas all over the country.

I already have a Tesla.
Best car I ever owned.

proofs

Not yet. Insufficient range and way too few places where they can be charged. Until there's either a charging station at every parking space, or until an electric car can be charged at any service station in the time it takes to fill a gas tank, they seem like they'll be limited to commuter cars.

I wouldn't even steal an electric car

nuclear power consumes shitloads of fresh water, even more than coal.
The steam will become water again of course, but it takes energy to make it clean again. Also the globe is on the verge of a fresh water crisis.
Solar is a much more environmental solution than nuclear.

live in frozen tundra
electric car heater kills battery
stranded with dead battery in subzero
die because of al gore

there's your problem

fuck off, shill

Range not good enough
Takes too long to charge

Does not actually save you money and may even cost you more for electricity than driving a Prius

Solar is a terrible solution because of the short life span of them, after so many years the efficiency of solar panels reduces as much as 50%, on top of how inefficient they are normally.
They produce as much toxic waste as a nuclear power plant in their production, and they'll be disposed of in a very short time span, they don't get recycled so they'll end up in fucking landfills.

Solar heat generation requires a ridiculously amount of land to be at all viable, the best we can do is work on improving nuclear power plants. Power storage is already being improved upon with graphene.

if you take into account how dangerous those plants are and how long that nuclear waste has to be taken care off, it suddenly sounds like a shit solution

I would love one but the range is an issue for me as I take long road trips. If I lived in a city and never needed to do more than ~200km a day I would get one.

They are the safest power source we know of by far, forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2012/06/10/energys-deathprint-a-price-always-paid/#72972349709b

Nuclear decay is actually pretty simple to understand, it's kind of like a fire, it can burn hot and fast or cool and long. If something emits a lot of radiation it won't last long as it's loosing that energy quickly, if it lasts millennia it has to be releasing very little radiation to last that long.

When the media talk about "highly radioactive for millennia" they are lying, the waste fuel contains some isotopes that are highly radioactive and some that last for millennia but none that do both. It's simply a case of separating the fast and slow decaying isotopes (yes we can do that) and storing the highly radioactive ones well for 50 years while dumping the low radioactivity / long lived isotopes back into the ground where we get it from in the first place.

The public's lack of understanding of nuclear energy is a real problem these days as reactors are being shutdown for no good reason.
"But muh Fukushima / Chernobyl / Three Mile Island" those events are extremely rare and can be mitigated by what we have learnt. Remember there was a time that many aeroplane flights ended in disaster but now it's the safest form of transport because we learnt and kept making new designs.

we once when to the expensive grocery store that sells crazy health shit and saw a Tesla siting in the handy cap space. With a nigger and her white husband loading grocery into the hood of the car. my sister said talk about the privilege.

just another scam to sell individual transportation instead of investments for public transportation

you two should get your fat asses outta da couch and earn some money. you'd not be jealous of niggers. there's no privilege in owning a tesla: they don't come with food stamps or positive discrimination. they become available to white trash and nogs alike thru hard work and normal life. up ur game, nigger.

self driving cars are an obvious opportunity to solve the mass transport problem by having everyone in identical vehicles driven by an algorithm at the same speed and on an ideal trajectory without tailbacks, bottlenecks or roadrage. But it ain't gonna happen 'cause the rich just love their supercars.

i just tried to make a thread that i find interesting and isn't one of those generic threads

Electric is for Plebians.
You don't get a fully electric supra
You don't get a fully electric rx-7
You don't get a fully electric nsx 92
You don't get a fully electric 240sx
You don't get a fully electric ae86
You don't get a fully electric 3000GT
You don't get a fully electric eclipse
All of those cars are fast sports cars, is there any electric classics that are sports? Hell no.

He's a retard that thinks some shady organization is going to cuck you in some way because you may or may not want an electric car.

Yes, because I don't want to rely on rationed oil at insane prices. Solar panels and an electric car, that's the only way to go if you want to be able to drive when SHTF.

Those that have strong motors are not affordable for the average person (Tesla).

Can you do a thread on the GOAT ricers?

Have fun with black lung and Trumpcare

lol americunts

If there are models that cost 11K factory new with 200 mile range I'll consider it.

No because

there are cars like that all over the world
dbaa

Why yes I would love to buy one. Your company/customers should invest millions in it because its a great idea and getting data off of Holla Forums is legit.

there aren't. you can get the range no problem: 250 kms on a small van or car, but prices start at 25k.
i know a company which is all electric in its vehicle parc (20+) and the cost, when you look at the fully comprehensive lease-hire deals on offer, the saving on fuel/servicing and the fact that the recharging point is installed for you in your garage/yard included the original price, it looks like a good deal unless you do a lot of distance and your country is ill equipped for electric charging.. i drive a hybrid and after a certain adaptation, it now pisses me off to hear the ic engine flick in. As soon as the 40kw charging stations are rolled out in europe, i'll go full electric, full auto and fap while my machine drives me home. ahhhh. good times ahead: door to door, automated and reliable, individualized transport. bring it on.

in the age of the iphone and the bmw, you might have to get used to that
in the first world, where there's a gas pump, there's electricity and where there's no gas, there's usually electricity.
2-300kms today and improving. recharge in 3 hrs today, 20 minutes in 2020. the average annual kms for a private car is 15000: do the arithmetic
a noisy vehicle crossing a town can wake/annoy thousands of people. noise is pollution.
so are you and ur mom is disgusting

Datamining thread.

see

t. dataminer

No you dont, can't force me to buy it.

Get fucked Elon