Any film novelizations worth picking up?

Any film novelizations worth picking up?

I was thinking of picking up the Alien by Alan Dean Foster, can anyone vouch for it being good?

Other urls found in this thread:

phactory.co/collections/phantasm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For what reason?

not even once, only thing worse is a comic book adaptation.

you'd be better off reading original Alien franchise novelizations.

Is Alien - Out of the Shadows By Tim Lebbon any good?

No, the only good ALien thing is the first movie, that's it

But did you read it?

By virtue of it being an original story yes.

I read it, it's ok. Some extra characterization, nothing really to write home about, but a nice easy read.

I have never met anyone who reads film novelizations. Why do you do it?

The Red Dwarf novels are arguably better than the show.

Do they still write film novelisations? I understand them as a relic of the pre-VHS era when you couldn't just watch any movie whenever you wanted, but what purpose would they serve now? I guess if you live in the jungle, or something.

revenge of the sith novelization takes a shit movie and makes it into an operatic tragedy

fucking read it

Novelizations often are based on earlier scripts and as such, are like "complete movies" in that they contain scenes that were deleted or changed due to executive meddling

Basically, a totally shit movie could have a good novel. the third Transformers movie had a novel by Peter David that was actually pretty fucking good.

So novelizations can have a lot of merit. It's a way to get a glimpse at the unfettered vision of what the movie was meant to be.

I heard Aliens was pretty good, don't know about Alien

Movie is pleb tier.

Be gone.

I came here to post that the star wars novelizations are definitely worth reading. Even the cuck awakens novel was better than the actual movie. Also written by foster, op. Just promise me you won't buy it.

It's called bored before the internet.

But that was exactly what RotS was?

Not really what you asked but pretty much all filmatisations are inferior to the original book or books they are based on. Of it's based on a literary source then pick up that instead.

it's fucking shit, george. did you write it on the crapper?

The original Star Wars novel by foster is pretty damn neat. It's basically A New Hope, but with all the deleted scenes present and a few minor tweaks here and there that overall make it feel much different than the movie, like an alternate universe version

explain to me how rots failed to be an operatic tragedy?

is it because the music wasn't non-stop and they weren't singing?

LMAO, all good books have been turned into movies already kiddo

umm, why cant the romanian vampire be a PoC??

The prequels-books is really good.

this
they're much darker too

Not to mention gay like the real Vlad who was turned into a men impaling faggot when he was the Sultan's boywhore.

Transformers and Transformers 2, believe it or not. Also, Mask of the Phantasm.

That's just kike propaganda.

I heard the novelization of Revenge of the Sith is pretty good since it goes further into Anakin's inner turmoil.

Vlad being a harem boy in the Ottoman court is a historical fact and his behaviour in adulthood has all the signs of being traumatized by homopedorape.

Also, I'm sorry for you being a Romanian.

There is no evidence that he was or was not raped.
And he got back at them with thier own beloved spiking. How is that a bad thing ?

It's the t*rks we are talking about here.

Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

They actually released these before the actual movies came out.

yup. I remember this one being hyped back in the day because it came out before the films themselves. Read it. it was a good one. Recommended

So does this mean we can fix our beloved canons by writing our own novelizations and get them published as alternative universes? How would you pitch such a thing because i've always wanted to fix the Star Trek canon by eliminating the ~70 year gap between TOS and TNG and streamlining the stories

Unlike the faggots in this thread, I can actually answer your question. I own the Alan Dean Foster novelization and tried reading it. It was so boring I don't think I made it past the first chapter. Maybe it's better than what I assume, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't know what film novelizations would be any good. I think the only ones I'm actually interested in finding out about are the Phantasm and Halloween III novelizations, but that's about it. Novelizations are kind of relic from the past before people had VHS players.

any novel filmizations worth picking up?

too

The good news is that free shipping is available

Apparently there was an incredibly limited run of a Phantasm comic that you can barely find any trace of even on the internet. I've been curious to read that for ages.

phactory.co/collections/phantasm
You can buy a signed copy for 30 burgerbux. Not sure about buying an unsigned copy, as the signed one isn't any good for uploading.

BAKUNIN!

so an adaptation

the only tragic part was how badly written it was

you have to pitch it while wearing your most authentic spock costume

Episode 1, yes. There were scenes wholly invented for the novel, (mostly dealing with Anakin's life on tatooine) that overall really improve the phantom menace story. You get a much stronger relationship between Qui-Gon and Anakin, and you get the feeling that Anakin lost his only real father figure at the end, something that will always hang over his and Obi-wan's relationship.

Revenge of the sith has all the crazy internal monologues.

Attack is pretty dull, actually. Just has a couple deleted scenes. Not really worth reading, IIRC.