What DNS do you use? Would it be a good idea to use Yandex since I live in Burgerland just to piss off the shillbots?

What DNS do you use? Would it be a good idea to use Yandex since I live in Burgerland just to piss off the shillbots?

Other urls found in this thread:

cambus.net/dnssec-validation-at-the-router-level-with-openwrt/
wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/dnscrypt
calomel.org/unbound_dns.html
iana.org/domains/root/files
trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/DnsResolver
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're not using OpenNIC, you're using botnet. Plus they have a few cool TLDs like .chan that you can't access from normal DNS servers.

At home my ISP's else OpenNIC (Fusl's and luggs')

opennic

ISP DNS is even worse botnet than Google. If you go to a domain that doesn't exist, they often redirect you to a page full of ads.

Not all ISP are American / nigger-tier like this. Most respect NXDOMAIN.

this or your own DNS using unbound/dnscrypt

I hope you enjoy your soviet shillbots

lol ISP is pretty bad

Not mine. I find it better because

1. My ISP already know the pages i'm visiting, not using a third-party nameserver makes it one less person knowing what I do

2. My ISP nameserver offers servers close to me (for instance for Google I get their server from my country when using my ISP nameserver, which has a ping of 30ms, whereas OpenNIC gives me USA's servers, which have 150ms ping)

Unbound for caching and local LAN mapping with dnscrypt for DNS resolution.

cambus.net/dnssec-validation-at-the-router-level-with-openwrt/
wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/dnscrypt

No.

sudo apt-get install bind9

It just werks.

Do the IP addresses of opennic change much? I would use it be I'd be concerned about the servers I choose shutting down.

No they don't. Just choose two different IPs in your country and maybe one global one if you really cannot afford any downtime.

Unbound. If you use 8.8.8.8 you're telling jewgle all sites you visit.
calomel.org/unbound_dns.html

dnscrypt-proxy --resolver-name=soltysiak --ephemeral-keys --edns-payload-size=4096 --user=dnscrypt

I used Yandex until a couple days ago, when I switched to OpenNIC. I never realized how shitty Yandex's was until I switched. it's still faster than ISP, though

I run a local cache/resolver with a copy of the IANA root zone of my own.
iana.org/domains/root/files

I tried using OpenNIC servers, but they all ended up dying after a couple of months, fixing this shit is too much of a hassle, so it's back to 8.8.8.8 for me.

Use dnsmasq or other local cache if you care for query response time. Test it with `dig example.com ; dig example.com`, the query times should be X ms and 0 ms, respectively.

Fusl's one has been up forever.

I use Tor DNS servers.

Are there any sites that use .chan or the other TLDs that are actually worth visiting, or is it just a meme?

xiala.net (swiss)
& opennic as backup

trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/DnsResolver

jfc, the writing style on that page