New clip for "Return of The Caped Crusaders" sixties Batman animated movie. Also, a synopsis from the back of the DVD

New clip for "Return of The Caped Crusaders" sixties Batman animated movie. Also, a synopsis from the back of the DVD.

Sounds like James Tucker is doing his own take on Mike and Lee Allred's "Batman A-Go-Go!"

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/uM9Tv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks fun.

This looks great! I'll definitely have to watch it.

Perfect.

I was actually getting Batman '66 for a while, but the "retro" colouring (which didn't look much like actual four-colour work. It wasn't ALWAYS off-register!) started to irritate me.

I thank OP and the anons for NOT being bitter neckbeards and crying
Between this and the Lego Batman movie next year, it almost seems like we have regrown a tiny bit of sanity.

After the disappointing insanity of an adaptation that was "The Killing Joke", I think silly fun Batman is what we need right now.

sorry to be a bitter neckbeard, but I fully expect it to be out-of-the-scale tryhard in the camp, turning it into a pathetic attempt at parody.
They are gonna use all of their shark repellant jokes in the first 5 minutes, and then it will all go downhill as they try to "join old with the new", having Adam West say "I have been trolled, and I can't get up!".
I foresee a disaster of ebin proportions.

i blame you for this post

don't blame batpreg user, I would have written this post either way.

LIE whenever we have a good thread rolling always comes this wretch ans says "wow nice thread i hope nothing bad happens to it :')" and then bam

Thing is about silly Batman is that while the old show did it right, there's nothing worse than bad comedy. Srs batman can at least be comedy when done badly. (or even well)

I trust James Tucker with this. The fact that he wrote it himself is a good sign.

I think the only problem we'll really have with this movie is DC Animation's horrible budgets.

Nigger, we hate everything except goofy shit.

This is the same board that read a fucking KFC comic and thought, genuinely, that they were the best comics DC has produced in ten fucking years.

Fucking lurkmoar newfag.

It's not like we're wrong though.

That's some attention to detail.

I bet the next movie will be a Scooby Doo meets the 60's Batman & Robin.
It will probably have a much bigger budget and better quality animations.

I've been thinking lately I don't believe the problems with Killing Joke are the fact that they included that Batgirl story to appease SJWs, but rather Alan Moore has put a curse on his works because he's sick of people adapting them.

Why'd you have to go and remind me of the current Apocalypse run and the upcoming movie, user?

But if they did have the rights, which I doubt because of the live-action film, I'd throw all of my money at an adaptation of The New Scooby-Doo Movies where Casey Kasem talks with Casey Kasem while solving crimes.

Shame he doesn't have a mustache.

Paint covered mustaches are beyond DC's budget.

I actually like what they're doing with the character designs. They're not entirely accurate to the actors, but they're stylistic enough to make you forget that and accept it as it's own thing.

A problem I had with the '66 comics is that were trying too hard to capture their likenesses and failing miserably. A little caricature would've helped them a lot.

That was a damn good Batman comic.

And possibly the only good deconstruction of Batman.

Yes. Yes it was.

Well how about that.

archive.fo/uM9Tv

What the hell Tucker?

I know Casey did the voice of Robin in the old cartoons. His voice is so recognizable.

Did they have two face in the original tv show?

No. Harlan Ellison wrote a script for a Two-Face episode and rumor has it Clint Eastwood was going to play him, but it was scrapped early in production.

They actually released a Batman '66 special based on Ellison's treatment a while back. I haven't got to it yet.

Adam West really needs a replacement at this point in his life.

What are you on about? Half of everyone here practically reveres the Jimmy Olsen series.

Dreams really do come true.

I wonder how they would do a 60s Mr. Freeze.

Nobody can be this new.

I'm going to take it that Clint Eastwood was too expensive.

I think Shatner is better casting.

At least he'll give us a better idea of how a 60's Two-Face would've been.

Now that it's had its run in theaters I'm going to assume I was the only person autistic enough to go see it and give you the review that no one asked for.

While it was fun and more enjoyable than the Killing Joke it was nonetheless rife with problems. Overused jokes ("holy 'x', batman!"), unintentionally awkward dialogue (basically every time the Riddler says anything being one example-though the first thing he says was pretty funny tbh), and missteps in comedic timing abound (maybe just "timing" in general, pretty much every line of dialogue seemed to have been trailed by a very unnatural pause). It had its moments and seeing it wasn't as miserable an experience as I feared, but it wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped.

It wasn't all bad, but I don't know if I'd call it good either. In my opinion DC is 0/2 for theatrical animations this year. Watching both this and the Killing Joke was like watching a child not living up to their potential.

Did anyone else have nothing better to do on a monday night? Tell us how you felt about it.

would you say its better to watch at home?

Did they try to mix in modern memes?
Did they make a shark repellant joke?

Clint Eastwood was literally the one they wanted

Well, seeing it in theaters with like three other people wasn't exactly an experience that I think is essential to one's enjoyment of the film if that's what you mean. I don't know if it's showing anymore anyway. Personally I'm still going to buy it when it comes out. Even if it was far from perfect it was pretty good fun nonetheless.

For better or worse they didn't mix in modern memes, but there were a lot of bat-x jokes. It was pretty much completely true to the 60's show, even to the point where I think that a lot of people watching might get left behind even if they are somewhat familiar with it.

From the little I've seen of it I got the impression that it was parodying the original, which would be dumb because the original didn't take itself seriously in the first place. Is it?

I swear to god he better be voiced by Maurice LaMarche

What kind of movie is this?

the one we need AND deserve

They should've gotten Adam West to voice The Dark Knight Returns.

Holy fuck, it's Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, AND Eartha Kitt as Catwoman. That is fantastic.

that second one

fucking amazing haha

I caught that too. Pretty great reference to slip into this kind of movie.

I just finished watching it.

James Tucker is the hero Batman deserves.

It is a parody but it's really not that extreme, one of the best parts of it is that it's absurd, but at the same time it honestly wouldn't be completely out of place as an episode of the show.

Just saw this today, it was awesome, specially the Joker's comeuppance.

I rate it: All of the Stars and All of the Thumbs Up and shit

Its like they expect more of the cast to croak at any second

Holy Forensic Foresight Batman!

What part of
did you numbskulls not understand? I thanked you. Take the mother-batting compliment already and stop trying to be the edgiest of Edge-Mans.

Well, thanks for the review anyway

feeling encouraged again

This looks genuinely fun. I want to see it on a streaming website.

This was the best Batman movie this year, and the best Batman cartoon in the last 5 years. You can tell it was very much a passion project by everyone involved. All of the actors turn in amazing performances. Adam West's return as Batman is amazing and he holds his own despite 88 years old. Julie Newmar sounds like she never stopped being Catwoman.

But Burt Ward really sells this movie. He's in a lot of it and he doesn't disappoint. He's right to be proud of his performance.

I cannot wait for the Two-Face movie.

Tucker needs to be in charge of Batman. He should be writing the new Batman movies, not Geoff Johns.

Please tell me there is up on the vola

That was some grand fucking voice acting, I tell you what.

I wish she had lived long enough to be in this. Imagine all three of them reprising their roles.

Except for Julie Newmar. She sounds like a man now.