How do I attend a church if I have no friends or family that go...

How do I attend a church if I have no friends or family that go? Well I don't have any friends in general but lately I've been feeling especially empty and I feel that attending church and having Jesus in my life could sort me out assuming I'm not irredeemable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zVgsWYWWg8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Plenty of people go to church alone
If you are extremely paranoid go to the early mass which is like 6AM/7AM

Barely anybody is there and you will only have 4-5 other people there which are also typically praying by themselves

My family is catholic I guess. Another reason I'm hesitant is that what if this church turns out to be one of those "modern" churches where the girls dress immodestly and faggots are excepted.

accepted

I took an anthropology class once where we had to go church and write about it so I went by myself to a pretty small one. Everyone was really nice, and I expect the same thing would happen pretty much anywhere.

This sounds like a good idea I don't want to be in a large crowd

You won't find fulfilment in an institution. Christiany is more about your own relationship with Jesus and your relationships with others than how often or where you go to Church. I would encourage you to go to church though, most are welcoming to new visitors. If no pastor/priest comes to greet you on the first day you attend then go to a different one.

Ask the pastor or priest or whatever what their stances on that stuff are, I"m sure they'll tell you.

blegh

those churches are the fucking worst. I went to church once and the pastor was a guy in his early 20s preaching for faggot acceptance. He looked like a faggot himself

It's like these new pastors don't even read the fucking bible!!

And another church I went to was legit had an affiliate right outside the church steps handing out free condoms to the youth.

HOLY FUCK!!

only thing, and i know you are going to hate my advice, is to just go there and sit down for ONE mass and prayer. If you don't like the vibe then hit up another church

That's only in Eastern European orthodox churches though

You feel empty because you feel stuck in life and unfulfilled. Humans are meant to progress and be better versions of themselves each day. Not to sit idly in a chair browsing imageboards

leave you fucking loser
stop shitting up this perfectly viable thread

piece of shit cunt face

I've seen miscarriages more viable than this thread.

Literally not what I'm saying at all. If "yourself" was good enough and you're living in line with what you as a human are you wouldn't be seeking fulfillment from the inside of a building.

Many keks.

Kill everything.
Religious!

I had to go alone for a while after I converted as a teen, and I still often go alone now. It was something that worried me since I was completely unchurched. After the first few Sundays you will get more used to it. If you are going to a Catholic Mass (best choice, available in most places), maybe look up what the Mass is first so you have an idea of what the priest is doing. If you come to believe it is Jesus' will, talk to the priest after Mass and ask about officially joining the Church (RCIA). Feel free to just sit if you do not believe yet, or don't feel comfortable with something still so unfamiliar. Oh, and one very important thing, if you aren't a member of the Church do not receive Holy Communion.

A church is a community of believers. Jesus wanted the saints to gather together to follow Him as a body and strengthen each other in prayer and charity in rough times. Not to mention to know how to properly interpret the Scriptures.

youtube.com/watch?v=zVgsWYWWg8I

i started going to the sauna - alone and i don't knew anyone there. there are people there who visit the sauna regularly. i didn't initiate any contact with anyone, but in time they started to talk to me. its a little awkward at first when a completely naked woman (you don't know) talks to you, but you get used to it. they even offered to rub my back with oil from time to time. now its no longer a big deal that they are all naked. if you don't want to go to church, go to the sauna. its also spiritual.

/respect