Raiders is kind of boring compared to Temple of Doom

Raiders is kind of boring compared to Temple of Doom.

Also, Crystal Skull isn't any worse than any of the others.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LYIJcHBamXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

back to >>>/reddit/

The only good part of Crystal Skul, is where the nazis slaughtered the natives.

the entire Indiana Jones franchise is straight-up kike propaganda

I mean, Indiana Jones himself is basically "white savior narrative in film: the character."

They were Russians you shitlord.

Exactly. Which is why Temple of Doom, the least kikey film of the series, is hated by the Spielberg and all the good goys who jerk off to these movies.

Only a matter of time before Disney whores out the franchise like they did with Star Wars.

Crystal Skull probably would have been fine with less CGI. The fridge scene wasn't nearly a big enough deal to warrant all the sperging, and the aliens were a cool idea.

Last Crusade>>>>>>>Temple>Raiders

They air this one all the time and it's boring.

I unironically like short round and willie

I'll be honest, the temple shitposting has made me want to revisit the movie. But Raiders is still by far the best.

There may be four movies, but there are only three that matter. If I had put >x100 from Raiders to Skull you would have mocked my post all the same.

and they are all dwarfed by the kino that is the Quatermain duology

Literally every Quatermain film that has come out post-Raiders has been nothing more than cashgrabs.

I just don't understand this sentiment. Every time I watch the four movies I never see this disparity in quality that some people go on about.

Sure there was a monetary motive behind making them, but it was arch-hack Lucas who bastardized the stories of Rider Haggard in the first place.The Quatermain kinos are objectively better and more authentic.

worst meme

The serials that predate Raiders, yes. The ones after, no.

yeah, that too if you're talking about the prequels

The PT being worse than 4 and 6 is the worst meme of all time.
None of them are tightly scripted or directed all the way through except for Empire.

Really?

Literally all of them have camp.

Everyone involved had plenty of money already. >with a wheezy grandpa phoning in his performance
Not even close. Ford was the one who wanted another movie and he gives a good performance.
Every Indy plot is completely absurd.

I just don't understand the hate/memes.

On the contrary, the pre-IJ Quatermain flicks were standard period adventure pieces, actual cashgrabs. The post-IJ Quatermain kinoverse, on the other hand, is the faithful reconstruction of a genre following its Lucasian deconstruction.

Whoops, forgot to hit space for the middle line of quoting.

Sure thing pal. I enjoy my heap of Cannon fodder, too, but don't be a moron for the sake of pretending.

the worst meme, afterall, is taking post-AG Lucas seriously

6/10, got me a little steamed.

But the first three are grounded in traditional, religious archaic absurdity. A holy weapon, a demonic death cult, a holy relic… and then ayylmaos. Imagine an X-Files episode dedicated to discussing current events and politics with no paranormal shit whatsoever. It's a jarring break from what the series is supposed to be about.

So what???

Also, what about his performance was bad to you?

You're trying too hard mate.

Too bad, it was actually one of the rare occasions when I was serious about my opinions. Thanks for the convo nevertheless.

He went to shit after film school if you ask me.

Did I ask you though?

Do I care? No, I'll state my opinion while you keep sucking dick.

Up until SW he could have passed as some obscure experimental director who's only appreciated by the french or something. Maybe people would even have started loving his works ironically at some point.

So what? They had an established franchise with a grounded set of rules. It's not like the Indy series was high art that is meant to break barriers - they are supposed to be fun action flicks about ancient treasures and fighting the bad guys. Turning it into some /x/ tier ancient aliens was a complete misstep about what the audience expected. If the crystal skull was some powerful relic of a Mayan god that granted supernatural powers to the wielder it would have been alright. Aliens though? Creative, I'll grant, but it just doesn't fit at all in the Indy universe. The films were based on old 40s detective shows, guaranteed aliens never showed up in one. It shatters the classic human-centric view of the world for ythe implications or multi-species galactic society. Again, it doesn't fit at all in what Indy films are.

Everything. Ford didn't sell me on any of his emotions or conflicts or anything. Same as Ender's Game or any other movie he appeared in recently, his performance is one-note - tired. It's not his fault, that comes with age. But it is by no means even decent.

What?
What's bad about THX?

It's not shitposting. Temple is the best one.

They went from 30s adventure serials to 50s scifi because ford was old and they wanted to age the character naturally, which put him at the height of the red scare. It was a logical move you turbo cuck.

Wow, I completely disagree.
For example, take the scene with the FBI agents. In the wide shot where they say that his activities in the war with Mac are all suspect, his face goes through an array of subtle changes as they speak the accusations.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Ford was never the greatest actor, but he was and remains a guy who gives pretty good performances.

he's really into phallic symbolism, isn't he?
boy, the pretentious french faggots would have orgasmed at that scene

You sir, are projecting.

yeah okay fair enough.
*takes a sip of water*
*spits out drink*
*double take*

*cringes*

batons. sportscars. lightsabers.
no surprise he became bff with truck-penis symbolist Spielberg

So sportscar drivers, truck drivers and swordsmen are all gay?

Nope. Well, most are probably. but idrc. I just wanted to point out his obsession with phallic objects and his habit of constructing intricate fantasies around their wielders, myths he gets much immersed in.

Again, this seems like nothing more than projection.
It's like saying any movie revolving around a sword/swordsman is obsessed with dicks.

I think it's much more likely that YOU are obsessed with dicks.

So it's justifiable to abandon a series roots because pop culture shifted 70 years ago? That's a really bad justification tbh.

I didn't see what you describe the first two times I watched it, I'll watch it again to see if you're right.

He did, I just see it fading with time.

I may or may not be obsessed with dicks, but you're clearly obsessed with my person and my alleged obsession wih dicks.

What does it say to you?

It says that I still allow myself to get angry at people acting proud of their strange fixations when I should really just let them go about their pitiable existence.

/thread

10 minutes in, substantially less shit than I remembered. Hope it keeps up, thanks for sparking this user.

At what point did you mentally check out of Crystal Skull? Shia leGreaser appearance warned me to leave the theater and army ants punished me for not doing so.

You're welcome. I've heard other people that don't like it say they stop liking it about 20 minutes in, but I don't get that either, so hey.

Shia is great (in this movie at least) and so are the killer ants.

All the complaints about this movie are so asinine.

What if the refrigerator had landed face down? I feel my inner critic revving up at 21 minutes. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Neil Flynn? Oh Christ.

When people complain about the fridge scene I just say "remember this"?

That was easily the stupidest and weakest moment of all three of the original films, your argument doesn't go a long way tbh. Although falling at terminal velocity in an air-cushioned pad seems way more likely to survie than being tumbled at a 100mph in a cramped metal coffin

Continuing my third viewing, the nuances of Ford's acting during the interrogation scene didn't grab me like said they might. So far, Ford has worn exactly one expression on his face this entire film. Sorry fam.

Like I said, I think we'll just have to disagree. But I see it plain as day every time I watch it.

Also, in regards to the fridge scene, I think it points toward the cynicism of society more than a problem with the movie.

Indy was NEVER remotely realistic, and the Nuke town and subsequent explosion is a great little scene.

Agreed. Also "I think we have reached the point in life where it stops giving us things and starts taking them away" is a great line, I like Hot Fuzz guy in this. Was he a villain in the end? I don't remember. Let's keep watching shall we.

"He'll put you to sleep just by talking to him" Jones says in the most monotonous, sleep-inducing voice

I'll just leave this here.
youtube.com/watch?v=LYIJcHBamXU

But X-Files is full of mystical occurrences, politics, and ayylmaos.

Except that saying Crystal Skull is shit/pretending it doesn't exist is LITERALLY the most Reddit opinion you can have. Not even calling Mel Brooks the god of comedy, Firefly the greatest series of all time or worshipping the MCU comes close. It's the film that set in stone the polarization of the critical internet community to the general viewing public after Die Hard 4.0 caused the initial fractures one year earlier. Crystal Skull is the ground zero for Reddit, if you will. Nuking the fridge was the metaphor for its birth, and John McClane doing the Superman jump onto the fighter jet was the ejaculation which led to Reddit's conception.

TVTropes, Cracked, and unfunny e-Tards like CinemaSins, HISHE and the Nostalgia Cucktic are the resultant offshoot products of Reddit, in case you were wondering.

In addition, below are other Reddit opinions alongside the explanation as to why they are Reddit:

Yeah, Revolutions was a little on the lame side but Reloaded gets unfairly lumped in whenever they both get brought up
Self-explanatory, really. If you can't see what's wrong with the above statement fuck off smartasses who are going to point out the deliberate typo pun then boy do I have some bad news for you
It's this very line of thinking that practically necessitates Rampage getting put onto Holla Forums's required viewing list. If you haven't already watched it, then fucking do it already you faggot
Though thankfully, here they aren't
One argument I hear a lot is that there's too many of them. Ok, yeah, fine, sure whatever but what about the MCU? What makes those pieces of capeshit the exception? Considering Marvel has put to box office twice the amount of films that Universal has with F&F in half the time, they ought to be twice as bad, no?
Who, and I'm seriously asking this, outside of native goombas has honestly argued watching the Dollars trilogy in its original Italian/French with subtitles rather than the English it was later dubbed into? Who the fuck does that? Or does it only apply to Japanese works?
This one sort of works like chopping a tree down. The earlier the season they mention (I've even heard 5 a couple times), the more Reddit they are. No-one's denying Simpsons suffered a quality dropoff that has gradually worsened since Season 8, but to dismiss the ENTIRETY of the series' body of work from a specific point onwards is shortsighted and ignorant at best.
This may be the case nowadays but back when it was originally airing it certainly wasn't. Nobody started giving a shit about it until after it finished. You either watched 24 or The Sopranos back then, or if you were a nu-male cuckold, The West Wing. Niggers were just about the only contemporary audience for The Wire.

pic unrelated

wew lad

He's a good actor, it's his offscreen antics that attract negative attention.

Ah, the psychoanalyst kike. You fucks really think you can do anything after fooling the goys with """"the authoritarian personality"""".

a-user I…

If we can put aside the jew phobia for a moment, he's not nearly as bad an actor as people say.

He's the definition of "fine".