Why is marvel studio the only ones who can make a decent capeshit film these days?

Why is marvel studio the only ones who can make a decent capeshit film these days?

Don't get me wrong they've released some stinkers as well but they at least have some other movies to redeem them and the stinkers still turn out to be more entertaining than what other studios have churned out in the last few years

I think the only exception to this is deadpool movie(which wasn't perfect since goddamn was it a nightmare trudging through the wade wilson cancer past)

Probably because the people who made the first Avengers movie had to put actual effort in it, after they could just sit back and let franchise recognition rake in the cash.

They're painfully mediocre.

Pick one.

The Disney capeshit films are bland popcorn cinema that will amuse children and retarded adults for 90 or 120 minutes. No one who doesn't have assburgers thinks about them after seeing them. They're bland generic CGI blockbusters.

No marvel film has been anywhere close to half as good as the Nolan Batman flicks either

I liked BvS and Xmen apocalypse

It helps when every other studio is stuck playing catch-up. WB and Sony practically tripped over themselves to put out films that could jumpstart franchises of their own. Sony is now stuck playing bitch to Marvel so they can keep Spidey. WB is scrambling to readjust their franchise trajectory after BvS got slaughtered by audiences and critics. Fox squandered the Fantastic 4 and was practically forced to expand their line of X-films after Deadpool's success.

Only Begins and The Dark Knight were good. Rises shat the bed spectacularly.

That's still two out of three

Deadpool was not produced by Marvel Studios but by Fox Studios, just as the X-Men movies.
The Spider-Man films were made by Sony Pictures.

Spiderman 2 is the best superhero film ever made, objectively.

fuck off cuckchan

Yes we noticed

which is why I said deadpool was the exception. the spiderman movies are over a decade old. I'm talking about the last five years

I Dont have n idea, I hate them as much as the others, they change the shit out of characters (specially villians character and origins) and nerf the shit out of "super" heroes in order to keep the non super powered ones relevant and relatable to normies, I hate how weak thor and even hulk are in this.

People seem to love them because is what most people do and what they are told to.

I think you need to take off the nostalgia goggles. Those films were terribly written, chocked with horrible dialogue and stupid moments. Rises just made you aware of it.

DC have been utter worthless shit since they lost Keaton & Reeves.

are you 15?

He's still right. Those Bale films are utter garbage.

With one of the worst endings ever pulled in a mainstream movie

Marvel was smart enough to put people in charge of making the movies who weren't mentally retarded. Maybe not the most creative or greatest filmmakers, but people who understood how to put a film together without shitting the bed every other page of the script.

Watch pretty much any interview with Zack Snyder, the man appears mentally challenged.

Disney/Marvel also don't seem to interfere too heavily with the actual production of the film. Like what happened with Fant4stic and Suicide Squat. They have some guidelines and rules they enforce but they haven't hired any lower-level directors who want to take things in wildly different directions, only to come in and cut it all up in an attempt to make a film that better caters to the regular cape demographic.

TLDR; Marvel has a formula they apply that works and they aren't run entirely by incompetent buffoons.

That can't be true. That isn't happening.

It pretty much comes down to this. Even people known raving moron Perlmutter was taken out of the process, Disney knows who at Marvel makes them money, and who they can just ignore. If you're making the movies or tv, you probably got talent. If you're making the cartoons or comics (all of which have taken a nosedive in recent years) who gives a fuck?

Marvel isn't immune to studio interference, otherwise who knows what would have happened to Thor the Dark World or Ant-Man. But they have a clear vision of what they want, and a loose plan going forward. They but heads with directors mainly when they want to go outside of the plan. Since WB had no plan (until maybe recently) they relied on the directors to carry each film. Which worked out great with Nolan and Burton, but are also the reason the Snyder films proved to be a mess. When WB does heavily get involved, it's even worse. Green Lantern was a trainwreck of wasted money and no soul at all, while Suicide Squad was so heavily edited and reshot, it's lucky it was about crazy people.

Both Sony and Fox have had problems with execs who want to push agendas or hold petty grudges, neither of which works well with popcorn movies that the majority of nonfans can go see and turn their minds off for. The recent X-Men movies (well, first class and DoFP, as I haven't see Age of Apocolypse yet) are were decent enough, but we'll see how they carry forward, alone or trying to become part of the MCU (which I would not really look forward to).

There's EMH at least before it got cancelled…

I've seen the first one with my dad in the second grade.

Hahahahahhaha I'm going to lie down.

EMH was actually the last Marvel cartoon I enjoyed. In many ways, it was THE BEST Marvel cartoons have ever been. The world felt alive, plotlines would weave in and out of eachother organically, and characters felt real. But Loeb and his Man of Action cronies said "naw, kids are too dumb for that shit, and fuck any adult fans". Which is why season 2 had a lot more of a rushed feel to it, as there was a push against the longer plotlines of season 1. But even then, the show wasn't bad, so Loeb wanted to make sure it was cancelled and replaced with Avengers Assemble, a cartoon so fucking bad I couldn't even stomach two episodes of it. When we lost shows like Spectacular Spiderman, Wolverine and the X-Men, I thought at least the Disney shows would keep up solid writing. But Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spiderman and the Hulk cartoon I couldn't even bother to look at didn't seem to have any redeeming qualities at all.

Next: Avengers Go!

how so?

don't give them any ideas.

How would a DC cinematic Universe look if done right?

A lot of people have said that Marvel chose to put intelligent people in the lead and the studio working with them has been mostly hands off but I think another pertinent aspect, especially if you compare the Marvel super films and Star Wars, is time.

No one knew a Marvel Cinematic universe was coming, and they clearly prepared it in advance at least at first. WB, FOX, and SONY aren't just playing catch-up, but they're also racing forward without a plan. DC in particular doesn't seem to give two fucks about content and is just shoveling movies towards a half-assed justice league movie, while SONY gives even less fucks with the perpetual reboot machine.

All they're doing is guessing what might work until they think they've hit gold.

The reason to compare the Marvel Cinematic against Star Wars though is because MCU was planned and incremental, and whether you like it or not, it works. On the other hand the Star Wars universe is increasingly picking up those unstable traits of rushed production. We don't NEED a movie every year or every other year, and a production scheme that is two movies a year on a spring/autumnal balance. All they're doing is flooding their own market and undermining their own audience.

agreed.

I want Star Wars to fail so badly. And not even one of the "a Star Wars™ Universe story" spinoffs. I want a Star Wars: Episode Roman Numeral: The Subtitle to be a catastrophic financial failure.

>>>Holla Forums

So do I, I am still pissed off about how unimaginative TFA was…

Tough Rouge ones SEEMS cooll, It probably isnt.

I think a lot of Marvel's success is because of Jon Favreau. His approach to Iron Man gave Marvel a blueprint on how to make a successful starter movie.

There is some hope, user.

VII wasnt a flop, of course not, but compared to the other movies, and with all the hype, marketing, and money that Disney spent on his first movie, it wasnt that of a big succes.

See pic related.

A lot of people over look merchandise sales.

Tom DeFalco had a formula for developing a good superhero origin story. A large part of this formula was beginning with a character who is interesting and compelling *before* he becomes a superhero. Although it has never been said publicly, I think that Marvel's film branch has embraced this concept. Even Disney embraced this concept like a gentle and caring lover embraced this concept when making Big Hero 6 which was only tangently a Marvel superhero movie.

Recent DC movies have rejected this concept thoroughly. Maybe this is done on purpose just to be different; I don't know. The last time DC even touched on an origin story was Batman Begins way back in 2005. Come to think of it, I suppose that it could be argued Harley Quinn's origin story was showcased in Suicide Squad. Even in both of those cases, there was nothing likeable about either character before they became costumed adventurers because the movie makers didn't even try to make them likeable.

I'm not saying that this is the only reason why Marvel movies are by and large better received. I am just suggesting that this is one piece of the puzzle.

I'm still pretty sure TFA was meh mainly because they were desperately trying to get everyone to forget the prequels were ever a thing. They cut the exposition that actually put the whole story into context because they were afraid anyone talking about politics would trigger people with Episode 1 PTSD.

At the very least, they have an excuse to at least try to surprise people with Ep 8 and mix things up.

If that eve exists I doubt the 10 people that post on Holla Forums would have made a difference. Star Wars was a marketing behemoth. IIRC they literally made up the cost of making the movie before it was even out on merchandise sales, and considering how well received it was it probably made 10 times that after.

That's the way A New Hope did it, so presumably it's just one more thing they copied. (they never did much in the films to clarify what sort of evil things the empire was up to or why they weren't liked.) It's jarring in TFA because somehow the galaxy has reset itself exactly to where it was a few decades ago with no justification.

Man of Steel was suspiciously close to a remake of Batman Begins. They both spent an awful lot of time dwelling on their directionless protagonists, mostly to no good effect. Then again when people say Marvel is good about this, they usually have RJD in mind. Thor and Captain America aren't overly "interesting and likable" in their debut movies, and Mark Ruffalo was better received than the other two Hulks who were "developed" more.

They still have Marvel's name plastered on the movies, but whatever. They're more "Marvel" than WB's DC movies.

I remember the prequels being more overexposed in some facets

Have you seen the the concept art of Hayden Christensen as force ghost Annie?

What? People love how charming Thor was, and it's almost universally agreed that the best part of Cap 1 is the first two acts, which focus almost entirely on who Steve is as a person.

The problem with Man of Steel's handling of things was that it SAID a lot of stuff, but didn't show things effectively. There was no reason to have the opening on Krypton AND show Clark a pinscreen recap of Krypton, because the audience only needs that information once. The back and forth of present day and flashbacks served no purpose, it could have been better as just being told chronologically or having flashbacks be more impactful to the present.

I think Ruffalo just pulls of Banner better. When Norton played him, I just saw Norton. Ruffalo feels a lot more like a guy who just wants to be left alone, but keeps getting dragged into bullshit.

Really, I thought Batman Begins did that well to show Bruce as a person and his origins.

Mainly because Marvel understands their characters while DC/Warner Bros have a hard time embracing them. They should look to something like Kingdom Come as an example of how to do DC, focus on role models, family a sense of legacy.

Amazing Spiderman was shit tho. Deadpool was average/mediocre much like the game.

At last I'm not alone…

I want Abrams to fail more. I couldn't care less if they milk the Star Wars franchise dry for another twenty years but JJ Abrams really pisses me off.