Alone together

I was thinking about this the other day.

aren't chans just social media for weirdos and societal rejects?

I don't think they are for weirdos and societal rejects, that's just who they usually attract. Chans are for the anonymity. People who wish to engage in shit they don't want the world to know about, a place where they can take on a personality they know would be considered taboo are free to do so on chans. Now some of these persons may be socially successful people who have learnt well social graces and and acceptable behaviour (i.e. normies) but on a chan they can be anti-social and do what is unacceptable. Like Eminem said, there is a slim shady lurking in us all.
Now to the more important question, what is Shia doing in that pic? he looks strung out, well, more so than usual.

The Satanic Trips have come for us again.

Satanic quads are at hand

from his live event. he was saying Chans are for lonely nerds who hate women

greetings from finland

Same fagging for a get is cancer

The normalfags think social media didn't exist before Facebook just like they think cell phones didn't exist before touch screens. The eternal normalfag ruins everything and moves on to ruin more.

didn't he plagiarize his rant from a twitter furry?

Before Facebook, normies were all over Myspace.

You do know there are IDs right……..idiot.

Hes not wrong. The world did this to itself.

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE?

Checked

There's nothing wrong with ME, I assure you. Isn't that right, Harvey?

ironic same faggotry is still same faggotry

Testing if my I'd is different

This is not a test.
THIS
IS
SHITPOSTING!

That's why the sage. It's not a shit post if it's saged

Which world do you live in? I shitpost/sage all of the time on Holla Forums and I see other people do it all of the time.

The point of saging is to not shitpost. So you don't bump a thread with a post that contribute nothing

new Id ?

Which shithole do you come from? 4chan? Reddit?

no shit hershlock

You gotta go back to cuck chan

I mean fast moving threads, reddit boi

Where do you think you are? Threads stay up for weeks

Also,

That's a classic 4chan argument

see

Way to sperg out.

never been to 4chan and never cared to. Thoses guys are mean.

How glorious

Only thing left is for us to call each other faggots.

I already knew you were gay though, so that would be redundant.

Now I know that you are an ultrafaggot

Denying his own faggotry

You a butt hurt pedo

who in the fuck are you?

Who the fuck are you and why are you shitposting In my thread ?

if by social you mean antisocial then maybe

In a literal sense, yes. Chans are a platform to share media socially. But in common terms chans are the antithesis of social media. Social media is all about networking and reputation, or in baser terms identity. Reddit has its upboats and gold or whatever gay shit they have over there. Facebook is all about painting a nice fake picture of what you want other people to think your life is like. Chans are all about opinions, ideas and memes, and to a lesser extent the socializing that goes along with these things. The mere fact that you remain anonymous is what makes chans so special. Most people find it hard to sacrifice identity or attention so they don't come here, it acts as a buffer for normalfags. Only a certain kind of person can forgo ego and time spent building some kind of profile or reputation. These people also tend to be weirdos and social rejects sometimes, sure. But chans are their own thing. Honestly all of the chans aside from post 2007 cuckchan are basically the last bastions of "free speech" left on the internet. Who knows how long it can last but it's been a hell of a ride.

i guess there's a lot of them on chans, esp places like /r9k/ and Holla Forums.

but i wouldn't say all. it's a good place to hear 'real' talk when people aren't worried about their fucking karma rating or getting harassed.

it's also a unique mix of being serious but being satirical at the same time, which allows a new way to flesh out ideas and beliefs to better understand them.