Get a router

locked firmware is shit and anyone who likes/supports/or even fence-sits on this issue deserves to be executed

also
Trump won CIA niggers fuck you

What did you buy? Never buy anything you want to flash without first check if it's possible.

why not just get a new router?
to be honest you just did work thats outside of Holla Forums is worth like 4 of them.

People pay for programs for a reason

Oh yeah, (((Trump))) won indeed

You can't always see the exact version until unpacking the box. Sometimes the difference is between v1.2 and v1.4 of the exact same model, you just hope you're lucky.

People pay for programs out of ignorance. Why are you promoting complacent behavior? Who would benefit from this kind of mindset? Would you?

Just bring it back to the store and tell them it doesn't work. Get something else for the money, and do your research this time.

Why are you even here? What do faggots like you expect from this board?

I use the UPC code to double check with the vendor.

sorry pajeet but us White people like paying for reliable software made by fellow Whites.

You keep your open sores to clean your designated streets with.

its like you WANT a backdoor poz load

It's not like people switched to OpenWRT/Tomato/Merlin because of the defective, insecure, buggy, unconfigurable stock proprietary software on their router or anything

Moreover, shitty SOHO routers and shitty firmware, their nonexistent traffic shaping, and bloated buffers are one of the main reasons you can't share an internet connection without lagging.

2/10 apply yourself, kiddo.

You don't even know what OS your router's running, do you.

I feel your pain.

You might have luck with a Raspberry Pi, although that will only have one ethernet port, it might be able to run OpenWRT

100mbps limit and the ethernet port is connected to an internal USB hub. No.

Pajeet only does "tech" for cash, commercial software is where you find shitty pajeetcode, not in libre software nearly as much. MS is a massive investor into India's invasion of the IT sector. Also, if you ever deal with commercial enterprise anything, you'll see it in droves (looking at you, HPE).

ur a fockin moran kid

OP here - UPDATE

TP-LINK Archer C7 v2.0
15.05.1 openwrt provides full support for the original v2.0 version and has Luci (webUI) built-in... However, in late 2015, TP-Link changed the hardware configuration without bumping the hardware version number, v2.0 devices with serial numbers greater than 215C use a gd25q128 flash chip, which is supported in trunk as of r47588 and in custom compiles of 15.05.1 newer than r49220. Either of these work, although the kmod-ath10k driver (for 5GHz Wi-Fi functionality) and LuCI (if desired) will need to be installed as packages after the firmware is flashed.

Obtain the factory firmware from OEM link (dead link)
In case the file name of this firmware file does contain the word "boot" in it, you need to cut off parts of the image file before flashing it:
Cut the first 0x20200 (that is 131,584 = 257*512) Bytes from original firmware (not sure why 0x20200, as the bootloader partition is only 0x20000, but it works!):

they failed to mention this newer version is locked firmware

SOLUTION
I'm going recovery mode (uses TFTP client).
I got TFTP server installed and gonna let it read/flash openwrt trunk.
Hopefully this works, otherwise I might just send back to online and get another

got a question for anybody who could answer

In conf file for tftp server (tftpd), serv args is the folder that tftp clients read from????
Do I need /tftpboot and chmod?
Can't I just make the folder in my home folder and it will automatically have 777 permission and user group?

also
This is the first time I've ever done these things, so you can imagine my frustration