Congress is attempting to quietly ban body armor

I'm surprised no one else here is talking about this: congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/378

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawara#Legality
congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/378/actions
congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/5344
ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-urban-go-plate-carrier-w-level-iii-body-armor.html#.V5pNBqLwBGY
alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=riot gear
congress.gov/search?q={"source":"legislation","search":"assault weapon","congress":"114"}
alibaba.com/product-detail/Military-Bulletproof-Life-Vest_60184077698.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.ofFjL6
volafile.io/r/7JgQRL
spartanarmorsystems.com/level-iv-spartan-body-armor-multi-curve-set-of-two/
eplastics.com/bullet-resistant-sheet
ebay.com/bhp/bullet-proof-vest-level-3
reuters.com/article/us-autos-astonmartin-recall-idUSBREA141T120140205
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump for importance.

This is a second amendment issue.

You already need to either work for the Gov or private security to buy true body armor.

Get Trump to talk about this

what can we do about it? Get the word out? send to trump? contact NRA lobby?
Contacting the NRA lobby sounds good.

I already posted it on the_donald, I'm not entirely sure how to go about contacting the NRA. Haven't been a member that long.

No, you don't
t. guy who owns level III and level IV plates and a kevlar helmet

are you retarded or a shill?
civilians can buy Type III rifle plates and plate carriers all over the place

I'm seriously considering selling my daily driver to buy all the shit (((they))) are trying to ban. I'm keeping my truck despite the awful mileage…and they'll probably try to ban that next because:

maybe this is their backhanded way of economic stimulus. God only knows what I've spent the past 7years to spite Obama and his commie pals

btw, I'm not saying that this isn't news, but these things come up all the time and generally never get out of the committee for an actual vote (where it would be a real issue for us).

The best thing to do is to spread it around pro-2A groups, maybe even Faceberg, since so many use it.

I bought a set of level IV ceramic plates from Shallback Tactical for a bit over $300, they're on sale right now.
Sage for double post

or
which are you faggot?

What the fuck they cant reteroactively ban ownership of enhanced body armor like that. If you took that to the supreme court you would definitely win unless there was some insane liberal overthrow, they cant do that whole "enhanced body armor that was lawfully possessed before the effective date of this Act."

that's a good deal

[spoiler[but I'm not spending any money in CA, NY, CT, MA, ect…[/spoiler]

What's wrong with having body-armor?

Fucked that spoiler tag right up

I don't see how they'll ban hardened steel plates. I was thinking about buying some as a place holder for lighter plates.

Put two asterisks before and after whatever you want to spoiler, it's easier than using bbcode.

And how the hell am I supposed to prove it was lawfully purchased before this bullsht act?

Don't sell your daily driver friend… we're going to turn this around. The enemy is losing ground already. We're winning, because humans are great at averting slow moving disasters.

Trump will start to turn it around. We'll stay organized and hang the kikes some years later.

they make it (potentially) harder for the progressives to purge you.

like this?

Whelp, time to get into the enhanced boiler and stove plate door business. Ceramic heat reflector insets for the wood and pellet stoves. It makes good sense as Green technology Mr. FBI

If you're reading this you're gay.

Checked. Praise Kek.

We're going to turn it around.

This. You can buy armor online.
I've even found old police soft armor at a fucking Goodwill because they apparently didn't know what it was.

Body armour ban should be the ultimate hint that weapon control has nothing to do with protecting people but protecting the government's monopoly on killing people.

gas the kikes race war now*

Testing

Nobody is trying to ban Accords; not so much with guns, mags, ect…

could just put it all on credit too, but I'd rather not play that (((game)))

BAN ASSAULT ARMOR

Body armor today is just a slab of steel. How can they ban a slab of steel? AR500 is just steel..

This. Can't stress this enough. Imagine how stupid will he make opponents look for this.

Exactly.

It's obvious to anyone who's intellectually honest.

because as we all know…body armor kills.

just saying…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawara#Legality

AR500 is HARDENED steel, 556 will chew right through regular steel. Also this bill bans ABOVE lvl3 body armor, AR500 is lvl3 so this bill wouldnt ban it. this bill still needs to go down in flames

First it'll be level IV and above, then they'll be moving down to level III and below. Once these (((people))) gain ground on something, they never stop pushing for more.

Seems like a law that would be impossible to enforce

He probably saw SKD's ID faggotry

I just ordered some like 3 weeks ago fag

I saw this shit coming

Looks like its just been introduced

congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/378/actions

You're deluded, they bust people on drug paraphernalia all the time and that's far more vague.

Also the rule of lenity doesn't even apply in federal courts. Stop the bill or you won't have any body armor.

This has bill has had several threads made about it. It has been introduced every year for about the last decade, with no mention of ever coming up for a vote.

With a republican house/senate there is nothing to worry about for now, but don't get lazy, fucking vote.

that was before up-armored nigs started ambushing cops.

It deserves a few calls, and maybe a purchase, in the current year.

congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/5344

If anyone has SHTF inclinations

All this kinda stuff should be on your short list of purchases in case of a ban.

Don't get lazy, AR500 is like $200 bucks, $400 if you want to get fancy. No reason not too, WE'RE STILL FREE DAMMIT

Just about every armor vendor is at least 2 weeks on back order atm and way more for certain pieces. Only going to get worse so jump on it boys.

Is there a list of must-haves for SHTF scenarios? I want to start making my stockpile.

post some websites

ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-urban-go-plate-carrier-w-level-iii-body-armor.html#.V5pNBqLwBGY

Are you fucking retarded?

Yes please. I'm low on funds(shitty job/no welfare), also, so is there anywhere that sells this stuff for relatively low prices?

>>>/k/378578

If I were to start a crowdfunding campaign to start a bodyarmor production to supply armor for he new varangians and crusaders, how would I get everyone on board? I have the skills and experience to make it, just no funds for production.

How much could the average person even afford to spend anyhow?

Maybe contact Ivan at the Kommandostore and see if you can get a preorder situation up? You only get the money from Ivan if you deliver. Making our own weapons and armor is a nice foundation.

Whats a good and cheap body armor?

Make a prototype? Make a nice video where you show off the strength and pay some barista to make it a well produced video. Bam, funded kickstarter.

Idk kickstarter or some like that

They have to be cheaper than the basic store price tho

But it's still metal. That's it. You can make it in your backyard and not tell the difference.

AR500 is the best. Get some level IV armor.

Not really, you need to harden and temper the steel, then put the anti-spalding coat over it. Unless you want shrapnel in your neck.

If you think there's nothing more to metallurgy than 'dis is iron' then you're in for a bad surprise when you expect a pig iron plate to block a bullet.

This.

But the it would obviously be extended to

How much?

Just wear more AR500 under your neck.

Yes I get your point but shouldn't be to hard to get the coating? They even make sprawling field repair

All I can think of now is a guy taping cast-irons pans to himslef and going into battle. kek.

150$ more or less. Google it.

Daily reminder that level III AR500 won't stop military ammo at close range

It's actually not that bad, all things considered.

You are also completely disregarding the most important part, getting steel and hardening it and tempering it.

The anti-spalding coat is another issue, but I think that's an easy issue to fix, just get some of that herculiner or some shit like that and coat the plate.

Well the video would be easy, I occasionally do work for film types and know a good production company (though they tend to be a bit too stoned even by my standards) so that's no problem. The hard part is funding material cost for the prototype

inb4 mass shooting

Okay I meant riot gear specifically.

I live in Australia where you need a license to own body armor. Even being security is not a good enough reason.

Seems where they would go if this fails.

Do you also need a license to fucking piss? Jesus Christ, what a backwards country.

It's because Australia is knee jerk nanny state as fuck. One dude put on a suit of shitty homemade metal armor that barely help up to the shitty blackpowder weapons of the day and went on one killing spree with it, so they banned all body armor forever.

Same thing with guns. One dude goes on one shooting one time and boom, no more guns.

Welcome to styra m8

Took 3 months to get a gun license.

That's why they banned it? Ned Kelly was fucking cool.

So they banned body armor because something happened over a hundred years ago. Good god.

Well it's a scary black rifle, that means it's more dangerous.

Oh well…

I'm not playing that game, again, with the neckbeards. There's too much other shit that's reasonably priced and available right now. Armor will have to wait

t. user that had ammo on backorder nearly a year.

Didn't the IRL Crocodile Dundee just pull up to a police roadblock and just start blasting after the gun ban? I think I remember something like that.

No they came for him in his house, he told them to fuck off, when they wouldn't he shot them.

Ha ha, nice.

And of course, kikepedia lists him as having had mental illness.

While we're here, are there any other suspicious bills congress is attempting to pass?

a few more stubborn guys like him could've changed the outcome for that entire country.

once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern

Personally, I wouldn't be too interested in participating in raids with that kind of pattern

just start a company/organization and order armor from the chinks
alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=riot gear

literally just walked past some plate carriers for sale (with plates) at my gun range before I came back home to shitpost

congress.gov/search?q={"source":"legislation","search":"assault weapon","congress":"114"}

Buy a set and shoot it up with just an AR, come back to me with results.

Enjoy your plastic and cardboard costumes

well i've got no idea how shit it actually is, here's whats on the first one's page

actually nevermind, here's a bulletproof vest, kevlar
150-250$
alibaba.com/product-detail/Military-Bulletproof-Life-Vest_60184077698.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.ofFjL6

>>>/islam/

Alibaba is a Chinese company you prole

55 grain 556 goes at around 1660J, that shit ain't holding up.

Yeah I already have kevlar body armor, that's not going to do much against a rifle.

Absolute garbage, I could probably throw a rock or a knife at it hard enough to puncture. I wouldn't pay $5 for this low energy chink crap.

Well here is an improvised bullet resistant west /pdf/
volafile.io/r/7JgQRL

Don't forget it's 200$ a piece with a min order of 50 units.

If you trust anything made in China with your life, you deserve whatever you get.

>02/05/2015

wow it's fucking nothing.
And Michael Honda, author of the bill is being investigated for shady campaign contributions (ie-using taxpayer money)

Tangentially related. I think there are currently (state/federal?) laws that will enhance criminal penalties if someone commits a violent crime while wearing body armor.

dude

just visit the site and lurk

you could spend an entire week just lurking the chamber of commerce.

MUTHAFUCKA

"Spartan Armor Level IV composite plates. Constructed from a ceramic inner core and wrapped with a Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP), making these plates FAR less susceptible to damage versus standard ceramic plates. These are TOUGH Level IV plates! Lab certified to meet level IV protection criteria. Level 4 body armor is designed to defeat 30-06 M2 AP."

spartanarmorsystems.com/level-iv-spartan-body-armor-multi-curve-set-of-two/

#assaultarmor

These fuckers never stop, do they?

mah nigga

I posted about this on /k/ the moment it happened a year and a half ago. This is dead in the committee. Polite sage for it being fucking nothing.

Oh, did you know he did the exact same thing the year before?

reported

that behavior is not acceptable here
>>>/cuckchan/

Only the lvl IV helmets.

Everything else is easy enough to get.

but every Holla Forumsack should have a plate carrier and bump helmet at minimum, full IIIa with IV plates and III or IV (if mil) bucket as well.

kommandostore.com has riot gear, and so does ebay and a million other places. Riot gear offers ZERO ballistic protection against bullets, all it does it protect you from getting hit by bricks, baseball bats, glass bottles, and whatever else asshole rioters throw at you. You can get the same protection from some football pads, shin guards, etc.

Kevlar body armor will stop most handgun and shotgun rounds and is sold online, at surplus stores, and sporting goods stores. Rifle plates that will stop rifle rounds are sold fucking everywhere too; I bought a plate carrier with level IV plates from a TRACTOR SUPPLY STORE, brand new in the box.

Level I protection: Soft armor, only stops shrapnel and .22 rounds; obsolete, hasn't been produced since the 70's.

Level IIa: Soft armor, only stops small caliber pistol rounds; lightest armor available.

Level II: Soft armor, only stops small caliber pistol rounds, offers better protection than IIa but is heavier and less flexible. Most police officers wear a level II vest.

Level IIIa: Soft armor, stops all non-armor piercing pistol rounds and shotgun slugs. This is what all soldiers wear as body armor and helmets.

Level III: Hard armor plate, usually made of steel but sometimes polyethylene plastic or ceramic; polyethylene is the lightest but bulkiest, steel is the thinnest but the heaviest, and ceramic is in between. Will stop all pistol and shotgun rounds, and most rifle rounds.

Level IV: Sometimes steel or titanium, but nearly always ceramic. Rated to stop armor-piercing rifle rounds and larger-caliber rounds; this is usually what soldiers and SWAT teams wear over their kevlar vests, but some only have level III plates in order to reduce weight or save money.

Level V: Only available in vehicles like light-armored police cars or executive limosines because it's too heavy/bulky for a person to wear this level of protection currently. Stops all the same rounds at level IV, but while level IV can be penetrated at close range or after taking multiple hits, level V can withstand multiple hits even at point-blank range.

All of which are legal to own and commonly available in the US. I paid $40 for my kevlar helmet, $25 for a level IIIa kevlar vest (in both cases, the price was reduced dramatically because I was making a large purchase from a local surplus dealer who likes me), and my level IV body armor cost me $400 plus s/h. You can even get your car bulletproofed for only a couple thousand dollars, less if you go on ebay/amazon to buy the kevlar and install it yourself.

You only try to prevent someone from wearing something that keeps you from shooting them if you intend to shoot them.

I was looking for shit i can afford. EVERYTHING is on backorder with 4 week or longer lead times.

polycarbonate, ceramic, epoxy, carbon fiber, fiberglas, nylon and kevlars can be acquired and in the proper hands fashion a function bulletproof vest:

eplastics.com/bullet-resistant-sheet

bruh:

ebay.com/bhp/bullet-proof-vest-level-3

tbh the nra isnt worth contacting. Im a veteran dealing with the VA trying to rule wrongly rule me mentally incompetent in order to ban me from owning firearms. NRA told me to kick rocks. So did GOA.

Thanks dude.. I didnt consider looking on ebay.

Fucking stop.

Does anyone have the copy pasta of that trader talking about what a nightmare dealing with china is?

materials expert here, there are different types of nylons out there and the high end grades are sufficient for this use. That being said, the chinese have a history of switching out the plastics used in their factories so you might not be getting the proper material.

SEE:
reuters.com/article/us-autos-astonmartin-recall-idUSBREA141T120140205

you dont need the copy paste.. just listen to a trump speech.

so it can take a punch?

globalism is fucking garbage

shadow_shaman.jpg

All of a sudden body armor sales rocket, obama is unintentionally improving our economy

The bill will never make it, the author is a japanese american, not a jew.
The tribe only elevates their own bills.

I hate liberals.

Makes it harder for a military coupe to slaughter the civilians.

Mobility would be shit in that and it wouldn't even be very effective against anything but low-caliber hand guns.

So what's their justification about it
Guns I get, even though I think its wrong but what justification have they even made to remove body armour
Get Trump on this as he'll tear it open and force them to respond

How effective is body armor against firearms anyways?

I refer you to

we have to stop this I haven't bought mine yet