DC and Greg Rucka annouce that Wonder Woman is a queer character

DC and Greg Rucka annouce that Wonder Woman is a queer character.

comicosity.com/exclusive-interview-greg-rucka-on-queer-narrative-and-wonder-woman/
newsarama.com/31251-is-wonder-woman-queer-obviously-yes-says-rucka.html

Other urls found in this thread:

imagefap.com/pictures/853630/Black-Sex-and-the-City-(adult-comic)
archive.is/9pDxe
archive.is/geLCe
autostraddle.com/wonder-woman-is-obviously-queer-deal-with-it-353695/amp/
archive.is/0ypCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't have a problem with Wonder Woman being gay or bi, because that's always seemed like an obvious way for her to be. But this "queer" politics and "agency of character" crap is tiresome.

Is it just me or does Steve look pretty gay himself there?

They ether going to make Steve black or gay.

Did they make Wonder Woman a tranny? Because the only folks I see using queer are trannies

He's already black in the Wonder Woman: Earth One graphic novels, which takes place in the Earth-1 parallel universe.

So they might as well make him gay in the main universe.

I wouldn't mind it if it weren't in this day and age. Where any gay or non-white character is made just for the purpose of idiotic SJW appeasement.

I read BBC comics that were better written than that. More subtle to. imagefap.com/pictures/853630/Black-Sex-and-the-City-(adult-comic)

mhm

archive.is/9pDxe
archive.is/geLCe

In the graphic novel, which is written by Grant Morrison, Diana and the black Steve don't end up together precisely because he got butthurt about her trying to turn him into a fucking slave.

So there's no BBC. It's still fucking weird, though.

In a move no Holla Forums user saw coming. A western comic makes their legacy character have less charisma while believing they are increasing it.

Wonder Woman left because she was told all men are a heartless, selfish sex. Than here comes a man the complete opposite of what was told by her heritage/mother. Blows her mind thus encouraging Diana to see more of this man and the world. Has her question what she knows and what is trully out there to see.

Retcons to

Great character right there DC.

Grant Morrison also made her gay in it.

Reminder that Rucka also made Renee Montoya gay, even though she was a widow and was never shown to be interested in anything but men, just because.

Yeah cucka just has a dyke fetish

Greg Rucka is over-rated as fuck and writes lesbians like a stereotypical out of touch white liberal. He probably thinks he's great at it, because the media showered him praise for it several years ago, but he's not.

Lucky him that he's been put on a book where he can indulge in his fetish without it being out of character or nonsensical for the setting, then.

Come to think of it, the latest Wonder Woman issue did end with Diana cradling a naked, depowered Cheetah tenderly in her arms…

The following pages are from these comics:

Wonder Woman #28, 1990. Written by George Perez.
Justice League Task Force #8, 1994. Written by Peter David.
Wonder Woman #197, 2003. Written by Greg Rucka.

Diana has always been bi.

back to 4chan you go

also

you've failed me Holla Forums

They only JUST NOW confirmed her as bi? What next? Will they tell us that Harley and Ivy are "more than friends"? Or some other bullshit we've known forever, but they want brownie points for now?

I can't believe user triggered you over that, white boy

It's like we didn't leave that place at all

Fuck off Dan.

Ah, thank you, anons, I was looking for a good way to put into words why this article pisses me off.

Never let user know that you're actually upset. That's like, the first thing you need to learn.

It's definitely one of those "slow news day" stories. I don't know why they danced around it for so long. Fans were on board with it for a long damn time now.

She is an amazonian and greek. Of course she is bisexual in one way or another.

kek yeah i'm literally shaking

Make it happen, DC.

Can somebody explain to me, in non tumblr terms, what queer actually is? Normally when people say queer they refer to someone being gay, its mostly a pejorative.

Is it an actual agency that represents characters? or is it another word hijacked to mean something else.

Queer is one of those words that the tumblr crowd adopted because it's vague and general enough that they can twist it into whatever shape will let them win arguments and shame people.

Perhaps because he sought to avoid having the same thing happen to him, Cucka asked for a definition in the first article, so for the purposes of this interview, the definition is 'involving, although not necessarily exclusively, romantic and/or sexual interest toward persons of the same gender.'

queer originally meant something akin to "strange, unusual, weird". From there it was an obvious adjective to describe gay people, specially the flamboyant ones. Then the gay community took the word for temselves and who knows what does it even mean now other than a synonym for gays.

"character agency" is a literary term which I think it means "the character has its own motivations instead of being dragged around by plot contrivances". The irony is strong on that one

I feel like ideas like this are just… Well. Men don't really understand female sexuality. 'She was in paradise with tons of women, she must have fucked some of them!'
Women aren't like men. The lesbo journalist who went undercover as a man for however long showed that well enough. Women don't crave sex in the same way guys do, so it's really not unheard of for girls to be virgins into their twenties. You don't get situations with a group of women where they have giant orgies if there aren't men around or something, like how men in prisons and away in war will fuck each other just to release an urge.
So shit like 'gods, she's killing me' feels really out of touch for a woman to say. I don't think even an actual lesbian would say that kind of shit. When you see actual lesbians or women who otherwise just like other women, it's less about 'wow this girl is so sexy' and more just portrayed as friends who also kiss sometimes.

I mean, at least back in the day when they showed this kind of shit, you could shrug it off as just guys wanted to jerk off to ideas of lesbianism. When men try to pretend that this shit is them being progressive rather than them just fulfilling fantasies, it just becomes irritating. Like male feminists who tell girls how oppressed they are.

They already did the thing with Harley and Ivy. They completely ruined their relationship (and Harley's character) by having Harley stop dating the Joker, and put her in a canonical lesbian relationship with Ivy.

To be honest, reading through Rucka's lines in the interview, I get the feeling that DC's main reason for throwing him out here like this is that they were hoping to get people to quit pestering them about it over social media.

So, queer means bisexual/ bicurious.
And on the other hand Agency is a combination of ambition, determination, self respect and a little bit of resolve. Hell, google gave several synonyms like determination, resolution, firmness of purpose, fixity of purpose, purpose, purposefulness, resoluteness, single-mindedness, strength of will, strength of character, will power, firmness, intentness, decision, decidedness, etc.

So my next question would be why do these hacks love to dance around words and not using blunt, specific words to better represent the characters they are writing? Its because they are hacks right?

That's not the problem.
the idiotic justification and resulting retcon are though.

No big loss, though. Wonder Woman is pretty much Femdom the character, which is almost as gay as her just being straight up gay.

They'll get in trouble for using a specific label, that's why.
Say WW is bisexual, you get lesbians crying about erasure and how bis are shitty people who don't want to be true lesbians.
Say WW is lesbian, you get bisexuals crying about erasure and pointing out her obvious interest in men.
Say either of those, and you get people crying about how they headcanon her as demisexual, pansexual, genderqueer, demigirl, etc, and how they're erasing THEM.
Say 'queer,' and appease everyone.

Checked. And as I said, it's about using words that are vague enough that they can be twisted into whatever shape best suits the speaker's purpose. Writers talk about character agency whenever they want to make themselves look good, and critics talk about character agency whenever they want to make the writers look bad. That's all there is to it.

SJWs will cry male fantasies

How the fuck do they figure? The chick pines for Superman, and the moment Lois is out of the picture she bends over backwards for the guy.

Next thing they're going to reveal is shes into BDSM.

Um, what fucking military's are you familiar with? Western Military's tend to rape before they fuck around with men.

I guess I should have seen this coming.
How naïve I was.
-_-

"Hey, this character who has been subtly bi for years is DEFINITELY BI! DID YOU HEAR THAT BUZZFEED? QUEER REPRESENTATION! YOU'LL BE WANTING TO WRITE AN ARTICLE ABOUT THAT, WON'T YOU, BUZZFEED?"

I don't like non-white liberals better. My point is white liberals are fueled by their white liberal guilt in how they write characters. You can't deny this is a true.

Yay, another thing to ignore while I consume sequential art. Whatever.

Eh, WWEO wasn't bad. It's funny to imagine that Rucka supposedly copped an attitude about Didio giving it to Morrison years ago though.

There are tons of girls who lose their virginity before they are 18 years old.
And I can see all this Wonder Woman thing happening, it is not just the idea of fucking but the idea of being romantically interested in someone.
besides, amazons were portrayed in ww comics as having a very open mind about same sexual relationships.

Isn't she like a war amazon who was told that man's world is distasteful and hateful and a terrible place? And then this guy crash lands and through her interactions with him she learns that the world outside paradise might be fun and interesting to see? And then she sees how destructive man's world is and decides to be an ambassador of peace? That sounds like Wonder Woman to me.

They should stop trying to be phony. We know why Wonder Woman is suddenly retconned. Steve Trevor is a fucking white male and Wonder Woman showing any like of this white male is some sort of subservience and would 'take away her heroism' to the camp of progression and tolerance. Funny how through everything Wonder Woman has done throughout her character's history, it's liking a white man that suddenly negates everything. So they have to downplay his impact on Wonder Woman by making him irrelevant since Wonder Woman is suddenly bi now.

And according to this, she's always been bi anyways. So it's just yet again a bunch of hipstery guilty white liberal fucks desperate to show to world how tolerant they are through this panderous horse hockey.

Unsurprisingly, it's from Greg "Frank Cho is the devil and here's my covers that are much worse" Rucka.

Oh, and remember when anons said that Rebirth would be the direction shift from all this panderous horseshit? It'll never change until the comics crash. Guarantee you any sexual relationship with a woman will not be show because two girls making out is also pleasureable to fucking white males.

How soon until SJWs turn on DC again? autostraddle.com/wonder-woman-is-obviously-queer-deal-with-it-353695/amp/

You don't say…

The people that use it mostly want to engineer some form of solidarity between everything that isn't hetero.

Look at the bright side: /tg/ had to deal with Paranoia's newer rulebook blatantly saying "anyone that practices hetero sex or doesn't use another character's preferred pronouns will be executed for treason." The way it was written almost felt like a co-opt since it implied commies weren't the biggest threat to Alpha Complex.

archive.is/0ypCQ

It's that same old familiar pattern, isn't it? Their measure of victory is whether or not comic book nerds are getting angry over what they're doing. They think they've found something that's going to piss off said nerds, and now they're running around calling it a big win and prematurely patting themselves on the back.

The thing that pisses me off about this is that it's always okay for women to be a bit gay. Harley Quinn can be a carpetmuncher (grassmuncher?) when she's with Ivy, Catwoman can flirt with other women and Wondie can have implied relationships thanks to living on an island populated entirely by super hot ancient Greek women. Then you can also have supporting cast become lesbians, like Batwoman.

Buuut bisexual/gay male characters tend to be either OC do not steals, like Apollo and Midnighter, or folded in from edgy Vertigo stuff, like John Constantine. Don't tell me Dick Grayson doesn't love his namesake just as much as he's mad for pussy.

It's more historical than something that happens anymore, but back when militaries didn't involve civilians in their fights (so before WW1) there was plenty of homosexuality in the military for the exact same reason there is in prison: no women available to rape.

I can tell you from experience, those women tend to not lose their virginity because they're horny- it's for the guys.

You'll never hear a young girl telling her friends how good penis feels or how badly she wants a boy to be inside her just to feel it. If she says this shit, it's only to impress or turn on a guy.
Girls get pleasure from sex, sure, but they get far more pleasure from objects available to them (namely vibrators). When a girl has sex with a guy, it's about intimacy more than pleasure.
I'm not saying Amazonians wouldn't fuck or explore their sexuality together. I think they'd be open about sexuality, but it's not like it's a given that they're all fucking each other just because it's a bunch of poor women all alone with no big, throbbing penises to put in them. That's the kind of crap guys make up because they get gay really fast when there's no women around.

Yes, that is not how it works either.
Yeah, so It is not about amazons wouldn't fuck each other, they would, so why Diana wouldn't?
Because there are no men around and according to you girls wouldn't if there are no dicks around?
you see, even if it is for romance they would fuck each other because they only have each other to find romance, or intimacy, or friendship, or just the curiosity of growing up, or social pressure, or just because they are bored. Whatever reason a woman has the need to fuck, they have it there too and they only can fulfil it with each other.
Diana having a romance with someone else before Trevor is possible and understandable, and it is not against her character.

I like to think Dick Grayson is a closet gay who is constantly drowned in pussy because a lot of girls have that fetish of "curing" a gay

Aren't they basically saying that love is without value? That love simply isn't enough reason to want to save the world?

Do they not understand love is the most precious thing in this dark and sinful earth?

Yeah, tell me how women think, big boy. I'm sure you know.

Regardless. Did I say any of this is against her character? No need to be a shill for this crap. I'm going to quote what I said before.

Think what you want, have her do what you want, but don't pretend it's because you're progressive (or even because you understand women). A society of women would not make everyone a lesbian, or make it 'obvious' that Diana would be scissoring. The reason I'm complaining is because they're pretending those concepts are fact, which gives them the same mindset as any guy before this (including you) who just wants to jack off to girls fucking girls. Which is fine. But they're pretending they're great people specifically for thinking this way. Which is not so fine.

TL;DR:
- Diana might be into women.
- But this is not a fact just because she lived with only women.
- Women aren't like men to the point where they need to fuck something.
- Even if sexuality was open, it doesn't mean they were all scissoring each other.
- And implying that they were all scissoring each other does not make you progressive, it makes you the same as the guys that just like jacking it to girl-on-girl action.
- Also these people in general just don't understand women and are bad at writing lesbians, as seen by that retarded panel of the Amazonian dyke seeing WW is 'killing her,' which is not something that would naturally come out the mouth of any woman.

Neither of the first two pages suggest that Diana specifically is bisexual. The last one does, but that's because it's Greg Rucka, which is the issue here.

They've already crashed. They crashed hard in the 90s and never really recovered. These are their death throes.

You are arguing about women on Holla Forums. It's a losing battle m8

I'm not arguing about women. I'm a woman and was critiquing these dumbasses. If you guys weren't faggots you'd have realized it.

Anyway, this is the problem with writers like this. And male feminists in general. They just wanna get laid and jack off. But they pretend that they're progressive while trying to achieve those things.

Last I checked Wondy was from a race of women who kill and rape sailors and any males are born into slavery to Hephaestus in return for weapons that the slaves make.
Wondy herself then fucked Orion and Supes himself.
Right, fuck, I keep forgetting.

We could always talk about how comics keep saying they're making " comics for women" and what they produce is a bunch of feminist mumbo jumbo that appeals to nobody.

This is queerbaiting, but queerbaiting that makes sense

Unfortunately, this user is right and it's because he's right that I am giving further credence to the doomsayers that claim we are living in the endtimes.

Think about this for a moment: We are living in an era where the heteronormativity, the core biological drive for men and women to seek each other out to fuck, is being publically and widely vilified by our media, our academia, and even some governments as the lesser, grosser, most impure and distasteful kind of configuration for human relationships.

This shit right here? This ideology that a woman loving a white man is somehow degrading and insulting.. This shit has never been as widely preached at any time in human history as it is now, and far too much of the population has been trained to accept it. Marriage is down. Divorce is up. We're all fucked.

Now you're>>693551
making shit up. Has she EVER left the island just because of Steve? It was always about spreading the teachings of her people to a world that the Amazons felt was backwards. I mean, yeah, it's a stupid slow news day story, but saying that she renounces love because she sexed a few girls before meeting Steve? That's retarded.

First off, the world won't stop spinning if less people get married. Seconds, comics HATE the institution of marriage. It's rare to see a happily married couple in a book, because eventually someone comes along and says "that's boring, split them up somehow".

Fuck, over reactions like this is exactly why DC put out the story. Because they just need a few people to say the sky is falling and then it looks like they made an amazing stand that NEVER HAPPENED. If it was Rucka involved, way less people would care.

So is cucka like bendis but he wants to be a cute lesbo instead of a nigger?

Worse. Much worse. Bendis did two good books once. I can't name a single thing Rucka has ever done that was good, at least not because of Rucka anyway.

You miss my point.

My issue isn't Wonder Woman going greek on some girls, it's Rucka's assertion that doing things for love isn't a good enough reason for doing them. He thinks that someone who started being a hero because she loves somebody "hurt(s) the character and take(s) away her heroism". Rucka's implying that love somehow weakens female characters. That a female character making choices that lead to heroism because of their love "diminishes [their] character".

Batman became Batman because he loved his parents. Superman became Superman because he loves his friends, family, and his adopted world. Wonder Woman? Fuck love, she's gotta do things because of resolve or some shit.

Didn't Rucka write that nice miniseries about the two Black Widows?

Hell, it'd be amazing to have a hero whose original motivation is also their love interest. Sailor Moon made it work, kinda, anyway.

But love is a girly thing used to control women, modern liberated women apparently don't care about anything but their own satisfaction? Modern feminism has gone all the way around to Victorian puritanism.

The 2001 miniseries drawn by Scott Hampton. He co-wrote it with Devin Grayson actually.

Aren't a lot of magical girl shows like that, or am I mistaken?

Yeah! That was a good little story.

The shafting of Steve Trevor is nothing new.

Greg Rucka is a Batman/Wonder Woman shipper, also, so that's to be expected. Expect an arc in the future where Bruce and Diana will flirt like crazy while Steve stares full of jealousy.

Or rather Batman prostrates himself at Diana's feet more like

Who's Rucka self-inserting himself as?

Batman, obviously

At least in theory, though it tends to get overshadowed by the whole 'Strange alien villains want to destroy the world' dealio.

Madoka played with it pretty darkly. Girl becomes a magical girl to heal her crush, doesn't actually ask him out, goes nuts when he starts dating a girl who actually showed interest.

I say Wonder Woman. Rucka sees himself as a lesbian woman. I think he'd find pretty hot the image of the motherfucking Batman kissing his delicate feet.

Rucka also created Sasha Bordeaux, a female character who acted as Bruce's body-guard and fell for him.

I dispute this. I think lesbians are simply his fetish. Why? Probably because women are repulsed by him anyway. The thought that those women are repulsed by him because they're turned on by other hot women was probably more comforting to him than the idea that they simply wanted Chad instead.

I don't buy this crap. It's just more bullshit about how women are somehow more enlightened and special than men.
I believe men and women are biologically different, yeah, but I've seen the reams of lustful and gratuitous content women produce. You'll never convince me that their sexuality is somehow free of hormonal impulses.

Nah, that isn't on the marxists agenda.
It'll be either some pedo shit or zoophilia.
Whatever is the more degenerated shit that needs to be pushed.

'I'm a lesbian in a man's body' = 'I have a lesbian fetish/kowtow to women in desperate hope of getting to stick my dick in them'

It's cyclical, really. Not long ago that fiction was all about how women physically cannot resist a dick unless forced to.

The joke

your head

(WW was literally invented by a dude seriously into BDSM, polyamory and the inventor of the lie detector)

Remember back when pic related could be considered a joke?

Okay what is up with comics in this cannon like forever? Or just like a side story. Because so many heros died before then came back. What is a cannon comic book?

The irony is that in all continuities, Wonder Woman has always desired to be a wife and mother.

This seems appropriate. I think I'm done posting today.

lesbianism is so trendy but where are the poly characters? wouldnt it be more progressive to write wonder woman as a cock craving slut who spends all of her time blowing random strangers ?

Nothing is canon in mainstream comics.

So in your mind wanting to fuck a woman is the same as wanting to be a woman?

So are comic books just storys from other writers all the time?

No, he's talking about a real thing.
I knew a male professor who identified as a "male lesbian". He basically tried his damnedest to adopt and emulate sensitivity and lesbian tendencies, while still pursuing relationships with women. He believed women were inherently superior, that only women were capable of experiencing true love, and had decided that he didn't want to cut off his dick to become a woman, because he had a "female brain"

Before you ask:
yes, he is a depressed, emasculated man.
yes, he has a number of mental disorders.
yes, he occasionally tried crossdressing.
I predict he will declare himself to be transgendered within the next 5 years.

Basically, yes. The only thing that can be considered canon is what is being published right now, but as shows, even that can be rather loose. There's stuff that's explicitly out of any continuity, though, like Elseworlds and those ones where someone kills all of Marvel.

Oh, yeah, then there's origin stories, they tend to be relatively static. Ish. But that's actually why we're in this situation with Wonder Woman, because she actually has a few origin stories, none of which agree apart from that ages Hippolyta's daughter and she leaves Themiscyra with Steve Trevor. That's what this new idiot writing Wondy is trying to fix.

Wasn't bisexuality normal in ancient greece? As far as I know Wondie was always bi, it just happens that no one ever made a big deal out of it until now.

Why everyone acting like she just came out of the closet.

In my opinion, only men know what true love is. Women have a fanciful idea but that's it

No. Their understanding of sex was different, as in, sex was all about dominance.

That's why they rightfully considered women and slaves subhuman, since they took the dick. There was no greater shame for a freeman above a certain age than to (un)willingly get fucked in the ass, except maybe licking a woman's vagina.

I wish you leftist cucks would stop pretending Greeks and Romans were okay with homosexuality.

So greek men had no problem fucking other men in the ass as long as they were slaves?

Yes, because sex to them was all about the power dynamic. There was no mythical faggot utopia where homosexuality was widely accepted and practiced, even trying to explain the concept of a man being attracted to another man would fly right over their heads.

It's like asking why Pashtuns think it's okay to fuck little boys in the ass but would throw a faggot off the highest point they could find. Leftists are imbeciles basically.

I know, right? I'm with the guys here, it's like trying to explain to people why liking traps is not gay.

Fuck of leftcuck! There is absolutely nothing wrong about wanting to have steaming sweaty sex with another man!

wut

When was Wondie ever bi? She's never shown to date anybody but men.

They've been saying this since George Perez. I'll take notice when they give her an actual female lover with a name and everything. And don't fridge her next ish.

This

And also this

Just about every time she's like the one straight girl from a lesbian colony on a brave quest for cock

That would make a great video game.

Someone send that idea to /hgg/

Of course not, women are pure innocent angels who don't feel the need to get fucked.

Just because you don't like their stories or how they write their characters, doesn't mean they don't "understand women". Why can't feminists understand this?

This shit just gets stupider and stupider. If this had been done in the 80s it would've been as a spinoff or oneshot about a dark and more mythical wonder woman with a missing breast that actually wasn't some liberal gimmick.

Amazonians didn't actually cut off their breasts, that was based on a misunderstanding. They were said to only feed their babies with one breast so, like Chinese whispers, that morphed into 'they cut their breast off'