Have you made an offering to the Roman Gods today, Holla Forumslack?

Have you made an offering to the Roman Gods today, Holla Forumslack?

Ave Jupiter.

Other urls found in this thread:

infolocata.com/mirovia/irrefutable-proof-that-santa-is-odin/
skandland.com/vikxmas.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=WwB7IlDv9po
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_weather_events_of_535–536
amazon.com/Vox-Latina-Guide-Pronunciation-Classical/dp/0521379369
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not Roman.

What are you?

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Of coursh.

Pagan LARPing and baneposting. Quality thread guys.

I prefer biera laddie

beira*

Jewsus. Literally, Jew Jesus.

As long it's not Jewsus, it's alright with me.

St. Peter

Whenever me and the boys go for a piss up we make an offering to Bacchus, we each pour out one full beer.

Not really a religious thing it started as a joke in highschool and we just never stopped doing it

Disrespectful.

>>>/rel/

All his worshipers are dead fucker should be grateful to get anything at all

You mean the Greek gods that the Romans thought were great and then adopted and renamed.

It's like you don't want his friendship.

Also the God of Feasts and debauchery beer satisfies two of those requirements

So romans had any gods?

Sure they did. Romulus is the son of Mars and Aeneas is the son of Venus. They also borrowed some Sabine Gods and Numa, the second king of Rome, talked with Jupiter. After Romulus died, he became Quirinus, protector of Rome. So we have Jupiter, Mars, Quirinus and Venus.

From wikipedia. I don't know shit about them, but gods like Jupiter, Mars, Neptune, etc. are renamed gods from Greek mythology that replaced the old gods.

there's also Dis Pater, aka Pluton.

Iranics got a good sense of all these gods though - they should be rejected
AVE MITHRA! AVE ORMAZD!

And I'm not a viking.

meh, never knew that much about Celtic gods even though I have a lot of Scottish blood in me, more into the german side of my ancestry with Wotan and Donar

So Christians did what the Romans did and just made saints out of the old gods?

Christians actively wiped out and/or rewrote old customs through submission and destruction of any "pagan" religion. Romans did not and were rather accepting of other religions.

Who's in for joining the cult of Apollo. There Christian heretics must be purged and only the true European Gods can offer us the strength to convert our deceived brothers.

Praise the Sun. I'm already a cultor, one who follows the cultus deorum. We all should strive to get away from the desert religions.

yes but they rewrote old customs by co-opting local gods to their 'pantheon' - especially Catholics.

Like Odin identified as St . Nicholas (AKA Santa Claus)

As a Scandinavian myself I have to tell you that you're full of shit.

read infolocata.com/mirovia/irrefutable-proof-that-santa-is-odin/
skandland.com/vikxmas.htm
Especially the Sleipnir -> reindeers and an Old Man Winter wearing hooded fur coat being welcomed at Yuletide to bring joy to children.

Just stop.

Odin wasn't a fucking faggot REEEEEE
fuck off Thors, your god unironically dressed as a girl and gave his butt-virginity to a frost giant!!!

You fucking barbarian snowniggers never cease to amaze me with your degeneracy. Ave Jupiter.

Degenerate.

Currently reading Marcus Tilius Cicero to broaden my knowledge of Greek/Roman religion. We must resurrect the Mos Maiorum.

Zeus is encompassed in the cult.

Who would transform into ducks, bulls, clouds, fucking water just to diddle with curly-haired princesses?
Surely one who would give reason to his worshipers to be DEGENERATE duck/bull/cloud/waterfucker (how the fuck do you do the last two anyway??)

As a Dutchman myself I have to tell you that you're full of shit

The Hellenes are a bunch of boy-fuckers. Ave Iupiter, god of strength and thunderbolts, God of Gods.

We sure do. We sure do…

That's Zeus, not Iupiter.

Keep crying, degenerate.

Get fucked, snownigger.

//out//

filtered

See:

So we're all in agreement that Epicureans are degenerate subhumans?

Of course. Epicureans merely want the pain to go away. Essentially they are buddhists.

Well, they're hedonists, but, at least, they know how to control the hedonic treadmill through prudence.

I, FOR ONE, WELCOME THE RETURN OF THE GOD ARES

another d&c thread

nice

I'm not of Nordic origin, so I praise Iupiter. At least, we agree on the Greeks and Christians issue.

I think you mean pic related, son.

Thor is the same shit as Jupiter though

Sage for religious thread, this is not politics people, you would all be sperging out now if a christian made it.

>>>/asatru/

Ares goes all the way, which is what we need now. Complete exterminations.

What is the philosophy of choice? Stoicism? Isn't that far too human-oriented?

Gentlemen please, the Nordic Gods and Roman Gods are of the identical nature. They only differ in moniker.

Yeah, it should accommodate snowniggers too, so how about Christianity?

How about Esoteric Hitlerism?

Haven't seen these ones in a while lads. Nothing beats a classic.
What is the roll for?

Convertere Neque Convertis

Holla Forums is a culture by this point. Holla Forumslacks should strive for physical and spiritual enhancement.

Ares was accompanied by Deimos and Phobos (Terror and Fear), which shows Greeks didn't like war very much. You can see that in the Iliad aswell.

Romans, on the other hand, are the sons of Mars and since the beginning were warlike.

I much prefer Mars, thank you.

I think some stoics believed in the Gods or the Logos. But how one reacted to events was a choice, yes.

I thought Deimos and Phobos were accompanying Ares in order to impose fear on their enemies, not both ways?

That's because war causes terror and fear. Mars and Ares are the same, they are both manifestations of war. I has nothing to do with "muh god is better than your god" It's like saying that Ebola-chan is better than some other deitiy that represents the same disease.

You don't even get your ancestral religion m8.

What I'm saying is that Ares being accompanied by Deimos and Phobos shows how Greeks viewed war in general. They despised it but sometimes it was necessary. Romans celebrated it instead.

And actually I'm just shooting the shit here with you guys. And I have no reason to go into Hellenic Neopaganism.

Fun historical tidbit:
Romans were so keen in assimilating the best features of other peoples and civilizations that they had a ritual, before a battle (especially before a siege) called "evocatio", where they sacrificed and prayed to the ENEMY gods to convince them they were more worthy of their favour than the enemy themselves.

This often caused the enemy to be scared witless, since the Romans were often convincing them that their own gods had deserted them.

jesus that's cool as fuck

tell me more about the romans user

Than you'd say you prefer Romans over Greeks and not Mars over Ares :^)
Also, it depends on the Greek state, Spartans were pretty warlike, and you have a lot of heroes like Achilles and Heracles, but I agree, if Romans wouldn't like war and discipline, they'd get conquered right at the beginning.

There is only one God.

Plato and Cicero both knew this.

pic related

From wikipedia:

Be it Jupiter, Mercury, Jehova, some other divine interference, or just random luck, the Romans were clearly favored by some force in the universe

The true God is giving us victory. If you turn away to worship your idols, ancient history or even a frog then you will see all your desires turn to naught.

Christ is with us brothers. March on Christian soldiers, march on to victory!

Ancient Greek/Roman Mythology was Monotheistic in all but name. The only serious 'worship' of lesser gods was by cults, and any acknowledgement of them were bits of regional culture from before.

Jupiter/Zeus was the supreme God of the gods and as far above them as the lesser gods were above us. He was master of everything, and is a precursor to the Christian singular God.

the first cucks

pretty cool huh

Roman religion (much like all ancient roman history) is really intriguing.
So, sure, here's some other things:

- Romans did not "assume the gender" of most of their gods. In formal invocations, they often referred to their gods by using formulaes like "whether you are a man or a woman" or "you that can take the gender you prefer".
This includes the most "famous" gods, like Jupiter.

- Roman Gods had different "aspects" for the same god, called Epithets.
For instance, you had Jupiter Optimus Maximus (the father of the gods, translation would be close to "the best of the best") but you had Jupiter Stator ("the one who stops", referred to his power to punish the cowards by paralizying them).
You had Juno Moneta, which was the patron of the coin, and Juno Sospita, goddess patron of births.
Venus Libitina, which was the goddess of death, funerals and burials, and Venus Erucina… which was both the goddess of matrons… and of prostitutes!, as well as Venus Victrix, the goddess of victory.

There was a single deity according to Plato and Cicero. However, there were many Gods that formed this deity.

They also had a very "business-like" approach to religion. In a sense, it reflected their origin of a timocratic republic, and their way to intercede with the gods, especially in public rituals, but in prayers as well, was very "contractual" in nature.
More or less "this is the duty or offering prescribed, now let's get your favour". A very weird approach for us, but one which worked for them.

Romans were also immensely superstitious, especially the ancient ones.

There is only Kek.

Greeks also had Athena, who was the Goddess of War and Wisdom. Goddess patron of both Athens and funnily enough, the Spartans.

But regardless, the birth of Classical Greece is the same as the birth of Rome, an aryan migration.

KeK is but one phenomena in the Universe.

ALALA

teach us about Alala please

also is it possible the muzzies (then Arabs) stole it from the Greeks

Plato's ideas about god eventually became the Christian idea of God. Remember Christians do not actually worship YHWH. Jews are the ones who spread that meme. Them and the stupid Romans (((most likely advised by kikes))) who decided the New Testament and Revelations needed to be part of the Bible.

A side note Jesus is basically Wojack.

no, the word Ilah is extant from the very first language of the Semite people.

And there's no relationship between Alala and Allah - except that both are worshiped, of course.

WE WUZ ROMANS N SHIEET
Praise Jesus Christ.

should we bring back the cry ALALA and confuse the muzzies for keks?

What? Christian God isn't an Ideal of Forms.
Sure, the Church Fathers had a shout-out to him (made in His own image) but the Trinity itself is contradictory to Neoclassical philosophy of the One and Its Emanations

also did Ancient Greeks ever encounter the Arabs

This thread.

Most likely, gotta remember that the Greeks traded with the Med. area, and post-Alexander, they open ruled everything that was formerly the Persian Empire

I live in one of the first provinces the Romans conquered, surrounded by Roman ruins, I can pretty much claim that.

But for some reason I'm more attracted to the Greek names.

Yes Alexander The Great conquered them and made them part of his empire. He also freed the Jews and let them into his empire.

Completely false. Read Jung's Wotan as Archetype for instance. Sage because the kikestians have showed up, and the only conversation I want to have with them is "convert to the religion of your ancestors or die."

It's your Roman blood fetishizing Greek culture. Though to be fair there were massive migrations from Greece to Rome so you might have Greek in you as well.

Yeeees, you see, Arabs (or at least desert-dwelling Semitic nomads) have always existed since the dawn of history.

By the Hellenistic times, Syria and Iraq have been subject to the Third Semitic expansion (the first - Sumeria, the second - 'Aram) and have extant Arabic population.

In fact, Marcus Julius Philippus, 33rd Roman Emperor, was called Philip the Arab and there's another Syrian who brought his native Sun-god which had similarity of name to Meccan pagan goddess Hubbal.

*brought his native sun-god to Rome

clever

Well there are Greek ruins not far from here too, so there's that.

Nope, Megas Alexandros had plans of conquering Arabia Felix (happy/lucky Arabia, the fertile strip of Yemen basically), but he got shanked by Indian poo-arrow before that can happen.
Incidentally, the Nabateans - the group of Arabs that invented Arabian alphabet and probably ancestors of Muhammad's tribe were established in Syria by Ptolemy and Seleucus (Diadochi - Alexandros' successors-generals)

In fact, Megale Hellas (Magna Graecia, southern Italy) was so full of Greek colonists, even in 1300 AD they still speak Greek there.
They disappeared due to rising Italian nationalism in 18th century IIRC.

consider that the last day of the bohemian grove festival is supposed to be today

don't make an offering to those things; those so-called "gods" are only as real as whatever demon cosplays as them

those very fictional characters

D'Annunzio did that already

His legionnaries in Fiume used the EIA, EIA, ALALA, as a rallying and battle cry.

Song somewhat related.
youtube.com/watch?v=WwB7IlDv9po

"The Romans thought of themselves as highly religious, and attributed their success as a world power to their collective piety (pietas) in maintaining good relations with the gods."

that song is good for the soul

does GD ever do the cry?

Except Moloch of course. They hated him and the Kikes.

What does that tell you?

wew lad

I'm pretty sure Rome fell because of cooling global temperatures caused barbarians to move south, and Rome was overextended and relied too heavily on mercenaries to prevent them simple usurping their land.

Or you could just pretend there's some correlation between two independent things.

Rome fell because of the same reasons we are falling now.

Nigger there was increase of global temperatures in that age.

Rome fell because of German barbarians.

Eastern Roman empire didn't fall till the 1400s, the west had so many problems not even jesus could save them.

ERE fell because of Jews

Just bought some wine to offer to my ancestors and the Immortal Gods.

ebin

No

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_weather_events_of_535–536

Even the Romans didn't believe in them

I bet you still believe in the ego

Esoteric Hitlerism is pretty gay 2bh

Fucking leftyntl shill.

Fuck off back to reddit

What do you believe in?

That's not how it works. Each instantiation of each archetype of god was held to be more or less equivalent to each classical civilization: so you see Romans discussing Thor as the German Zeus. Further, each God has different cults devoted to different aspects, some explicitly designed to be the bridge between two larger cults, like the cult of Serapis in Egypt.

The Vedas are great, Zoroaster was great, Serrano was suspect. Savitri Devi explained what Hitler represented, Serrano and his cult master put Hitler worship on a worse level. Serrano's claims are pretty fantastic but they're also heavily influenced by his unnamed handler. It seems to me that some guy in Chile was riding the wave Hitler brought and claimed to have some sort of mystic connection to Hitler via astral projection or some shit. Serrano was the guy who cataloged it indirectly.

also I find it hard to believe he lived until 2009 if he was on the right track

Jews are going to be exterminated, face it.

Are you indian?

Friendly reminder that Jupiter goes by the name Jove, which the ancient Romans pronounced as "Yahweh."

Remove feminism and is a qt mutant.

Nah, they pronounced it as Iove. Yahweh is Hebrew.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

My only wish in this world is the return of Väinämöinen and purging of foreign religions from Pohjola.

please explain hindu gods to me.

Sure, this book:

amazon.com/Vox-Latina-Guide-Pronunciation-Classical/dp/0521379369

plus two years of academic Latin. But don't take my word for it. Any Latin textbook will explain pronunciation: the Romans lacked the letter "J" using instead "I" pronounced as our letter "Y" and they pronounced their "V" as we do our "W." And the letter "E" at the end of a word is pronounced not silent.

Thus there's only one way for ancient Romans to pronounce "Jove" and that"s the way we would read "Yaweh."

Aids is a god for them.

They have 'create your own god' courses.

Sounds like a coincidence to me.

oh look, satanist

sage
fucking
kek

Saturn is the Satan, though.