Why aren't you using a real operating system like Arch Linux in 2017?

Why aren't you using a real operating system like Arch Linux in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

rebloggy.com/post/snk-riren/81851005707
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because Ubuntu is enough

because linux is for retards, windows 10 is great

Because X is broken.

Had problems setting up ethernet, so I went to Antergos instead.

Enough for what? Ubuntu might be easy to install, but all the packages are held back for reasons that essentially equate to "muh stability". Even essential tools like Qt5.8 haven't made it to the stable repositories yet. Meanwhile the AUR is packed to the brim with the latest versions of every piece of software that anybody could ever need. Use something that's rpm-based like centos if you want a stable system.
(Note that this is written from the context of using Linux as a development environment, which is literally the only thing it's great at)

false

So you don't know how to use it, eh?

Has access to the AUR, so it serves my purposes.

wrong
it is enough for browsing the net and the little typing that I have to do
All that other shit you mentioned is irrelevant to me. Ubuntu is noob linux… as I want it to be. I am not trying to join Anonymous.

Windows 10 is an OS for nigger cattle who are too stupid to install a REAL OS like TempleOS, Linux, or Solaris

But I am

because this way i don't have to brag on anonymous image boards about my os and behave like an idiot and stuff

Then why are you qualified to comment on the quality of Linux as a software development environment? It seems like the only reason you're using Ubuntu is because you were too poor for windows.

arch is for faggots
use gantoo

It doesn't matter how many times you set it up if it just keeps breaking

Real men use TempleOS

You post tells me that you are a teenager because you have problems with comprehension.
I said you were wrong about linux being only good for software development. I don't use it for that and it still is enough for me.
can't make legitimate points so you jump to conclusions? lel I had windows. I learnt about tails and started using it. Then from there I learnt about linux, and then learnt about Ubuntu. So I made the move.

Only an Arch user would feel the need to post their screenshot on Holla Forums and proceed to shill for it.

all of these are wrong

try again retard

Slow down next time if you can't type fast enough

I have xp, it's still good.

good argument there

lel butthurt so much you focus on a typo
bit late to be up, spring break

read the thread next time

lol retard i can use a command prompt and that is all linux is

never used linux……CONFIRMED!!!!

Still a typo, typographical errors are indicative of a processing speed issue. Meaning that you would have immense trouble understanding well-thought-out statements and formulating an intelligent response.

Essentially, attempting to produce an mildly-intelligent response is such a cognitive challenge for you that other, less important functions must be neglected, resulting in your inability to type.

I don't have time to refute all your "arguments", (you know, have to get up early tomorrow, big day planned). Hope you don't feel too asshurt when you wake up tomorrow and remember how you got BTFO by someone with an intellect far superior to your own.

see

remember to take your meds next time you little shit

lel
went to the dictionary to pull all that to basically say nothing. Bye faggot
I know you have school tomorrow.

I honestly feel sorry for you if you need a dictionary to understand my posts.

feel sorry for yourself that you spent 10 minutes making this post just to dissect a typo.

Well some of us have servers to run and computers to use sorry you're too busy fixing problems with your computer to realize that. Pretty much every "stable" update that comes out for open source projects isn't really stable until two or three versions later.

You're a fucking retard m8. You can still install QT on ubuntu.

I did it in about 1~2, actually not that hard if you're not a complete retard

Finally we have a fucking intelligent response.

Why would someone use Ubuntu, primarily built as a desktop system, to run a server? I've heard about Ubuntu Server, but I've never really looked into it that much considering that rpm-based alternatives are available. Source please on the quality of Ubuntu as a server.

Been running a stable arch system for ~7 months now, never experienced any issues with it.

This is correct

You can, only apt has something like 4.6 available. The only way to get the latest version is to download and install it manually.

what a retard….

when can i finally use real software on Linux? and games. can't do CAD, not worth shit.

I felt like I was reading the Arch wiki cap all over again.

never shitux will always be useless

Hint: The retard is the one who can't understand my posts. You just reorganized a bunch of separate points from separate posts into something you thought would be easier to attack. (Interestingly, all the points you mentioned support a central theme, but you seem to be having a bit of trouble finding it)

So you tried to install arch and failed? Retard detected.

dual boot

Maybe they fall into a use-case like VMs, or perhaps they don't like CLI and have the horsepower for their main server, or perhaps…. The list is endless and the main point is Ubuntu is the next stable distro after Debian and Arch is way down there stability-wise.

I'm sure all those times you needed to restart a service or reinstall a program don't matter at all. :^)

Perhaps, but Qt's own website even advocates to download manually, making this point completely moot and even if it wasn't it wouldn't matter because I'm sure version 4.x is as stable as version 5.x

your stupidity has been exposed retard. your post show it. there is no central theme just sporadic and schizophrenic shitposting masquerading as computer literacy

Keep trying retard.

likewise retard

Can't be original, huh faggot? Your inferiority is showing.

no u

you wouldn't say that to my face irl, virgin.

because im not neckbeard

this is what I'm taking about

Think before putting your fingers to the keyboard next time. Read a few posts back and find the situation where I could have used such a response, but chose not to because it's ineffective. Unlike you, I actually have a reason to call you a retard, you consistently misunderstand the critical points that I make.

I'd like to see you try, virgin. You talk big shit online, but I could crack your skull open with my bare hands if I wanted to.

you have made no critical points. You idiocy becomes clearer with each post.

You have 1 minute to prove that you're genuinely angry at each other.

you won't get near me faggot, i'm trained in taekwondo

You don't even know what that is, retard. Get out of your parent's basement for once you useless retard.

idiot

You can't understand anything I have said and you'll never be able to. Must be hard being in the double-digit range.

I am a retard faggot jew downtard nigger who loves big mexican-black-jewish cock, and oh, I also use Windows 10": the post

we already know that

You will never say anything worth understanding. Must be hard being an incoherent mess. You stupid for these continued post that serve only to validate my original point.

rebloggy.com/post/snk-riren/81851005707

Thanks for essentially reiterating my post, niggerfaggot

idiot

very original
teach me about your originality rabbi?

who are you quoting?

Newfags Ways to fit in 101

Green text should be quotes, or a paraphrase of what a previous post posted. It can also be used for story-telling. For example:

lol greentext is just text that's green

redtext is for quoting

green text is for quoting
red text is for more emphasis then bolding

Redtext is actually for heading

Redtext is actually for heading
this is body

Z͈̺̤̼̗̪̏͋ͧ̉a̳͖̼͕͕̙̩̎l̻͉̍̉g̲ͤ̋o̘͎͇̣̱̭ͫ̾̿̅ͨͦͦ ͖̬̫̞ͣ̇̀ͯ̇t̫̺̙̭̠̑̏ͅȇ͙̮̱̺̟̤ͣ̽̐ẍ͙͔̽ͅt͉̹͙̪̺̠̎͒͐ͅ ̬͚̱̻͔̖͉̾̄̓̂i̪̹̯͔s͌͂́̿ ̜̞̱̖̰a͉̩̅̾ͯ̇̚c̤̿̈́́t͉̱̙̮̥̃̃͒̋ͧͩ̅u̘̟͔̮͊̑̎a̤̖̞l̮̫̖ͭ̎̿̋̏͆ͮḽ͔̗̫̙̞̹̔̇̔͗̏ẏ͉̞̮̮̖̤͎͗ͮͫ̒ ̣̟̲ͅf̗̗̯̪̍͗ͥo̬̠͉͖̫̺̗͐ͭ̚r͖̭̬̞̞̭̍̃̇̓ ̑ͭ̃͆͒̑̚h̄́ͭ̽̅e͙̪a͚͇͓̍din̼̰͌͆̾͊ͣ̎ĝ̰̳̬̜ͧș̼̲̺̌ͅ

this is a title

polite sage

>sage

red

bone

thot

sage goes in subject field

last one was shitty, continuing

burn in hell

blox

I don't have to do much after installing and configuring things to my liking on debian stable. Arch takes a long time to install, and constant updates are annoying.