Fitbuu

why haven't you got fit Holla Forums?

Because this isn't /fit/

I dont normally watch dragonball super but I caught a livestream of this episode yesterday. How did buu beat gokus ass and knock him out of the ring? I thought goku was god level at this point.

As it is now
Fighting spirit>>>power levels

Super Saiyan Blue really doesn't amount to much any more. Also, Goku is balls to the walls evil now and lying to his friends and family to boot.

Goku was never a hero he just likes to fight strong guys.

Somebody didn't watch Z. Believe it or not the Z Goku is actually pretty mature as well as caring towards his family in friends. In super I think they tried to make him more like Luffy or his childhood self. He's extremely stupid now and is more of a evil pet to the gods where as his Z iteration would have fought them tooth and nail. Go watch a few of the older episodes and you'll see what I mean.

When will buu shit out a lady friend? Where the fuck is Launch? If 17 equal to Goku when he goes blue i will bust a testicle.

Super Saiyan Trunks technically put up more of a fight than SSJB Vegeta.

Remember when merely fighting in SSJG was destroying the fabric of the universe?

I've watched Z about half a dozen times and Goku only seems good to you probably because you were raised with the Bruce Falconer dub.

Much homosex evident

Nah, I've been going through the Japanese dub recently. biggest difference so far is that they didn't quite capture his "country bumpkin" side in the English dub. Other than that he is still pretty damn mature and focused on protecting others from harm. Granted this could change in the Buu arc seeing as I don't remember that one terribly well and have only gotten halfway through the android arc in my current rewatch. He still does put a priority on fighting strong opponents, but his moral compass and common sense remain in tact.

I'd say a good example of all of this is when he's first training on King Kai's planet.

Buu trained. Buu never had to train before. Frieza already established that not needing to train, then training anyway, makes you strong as fuck. And Buu always made Frieza look like a bitch.

Also Goku didn't even transform. It was just a fun quick match. Goku is now long past the level where, if he fights at anywhere near his full power, with someone else on his level, then he has to actively absorb the energy from his impacts in order to not destroy the universe.

Fighting spirit and power levels were always the same thing. Ki is just spirit.

In Z Goku gives Cell a senzu bean because he thinks it wouldn't be fair to not let Cell be at his full power for his fight with Gohan.

He then abandons his family for seven years so that he can fight strong guys in heaven, while never meeting his second son.

He then lets Majin Buu live because he wants to see Goten and Trunks beat him instead. Buu proceeds to blow up the earth and many other planets. Only the Earth gets wished back.

Goku then agrees with Vegeta's refusal to fuse and defeat Majin Buu easily. Like when he refused to kill Vegeta, he admitted that this was most likely a bad decision, but he asked his friends to allow him this admittedly selfish act, because he wants to fight strong guys.

We then get a ten year timeskip, and all his friends are mad because he hasn't seen any of them in at least five years, despite their trying to contact him. This is of course par for the course, as he never interacts with his friends during the timeskips unless it involves training, as it did for the androids (though even then the only friend he stayed in contact with was Piccolo, because he was the only one who could keep up as a good sparring partner). Otherwise, he rejects their invitations because he wants to train instead.

Then he suddenly abandons his family to live with an indian kid so that he can train him to be a fun sparring partner. He says he'll visit sometimes. The first episode of GT (which came out one week after the last episode of Z, in the same timeslot) immediately says that he forgot to visit for years, so much so that he and Pan, who were previously very close, didn't recognize each other.

Goku never cared about his family and friends.

He's not a pet to the gods now, either. He's openly manipulating Zeno, and you know soon he's gonna get strong enough to beat Beerus, who he doesn't actually follow orders from anyway. If anything, he just keeps getting Beerus to help him instead.

The only times Goku ever expresses anger, let alone righteousness, is when Krillin dies. Even when other people die, like his own family, he doesn't care. In fact, when he gets angry that Future Goten and Chichi are dead in Super, he actually expresses emotion, unlike when Buu kills them in the main timeline.

That does sound vaguely familiar. I'll have to get there myself but if that's the case then perhaps he started becoming a worse character earlier than I thought. He seems like a completely different character from Super where I am now though.

Akira Toriyama is really fucking up the series.

Seriously… what the fuck is wrong with you people? Is there a name for your mental condition?

The main trope of dragonball has always been power creep.

How much you wanna bet goku's gonna get even stronger?

also, goku has yet to be vegeta even though vegeta's been made practically everyone else's bitch. lol

beat vegeta

I'm still pissed that Gohan's potentential got wasted after the Cell Saga. He could have been the strongest Z fighter instead of a limp wristed university student.

There's still hope for Goten, I guess.

*potential
Fucking autocorrect

BOO? You mean from mario? That doesn't look like bowswer's minion