New legislation would hold websites liable for third-party content, undermining the protection of free speech online

dailydot.com/irl/sex-trafficking-law/

This bill, which has bipartisan support, amends Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which protects websites from legal responsibility for user-generated content

It would make Holla Forums legally responsibility for user-generated content. Will this kill image boards?

It will remove this at the bottom of Holla Forums

All posts on Holla Forums are the responsibility of the individual poster and not the administration of Holla Forums, pursuant to 47 U.S.C. ยง 230.

Only those stupid enough to be hosted in the USA.

Like 4chan and Holla Forums.

OHHHHHH!

That dude below u gotchu bro, he gotchu!!

It's shit for the entire internet.

And you wonder why websites are hosted in places like Cyprus, the Christmas Islands, Tuvalu and Tonga.

Even if the servers have to be moved I think Holla Forums will exist as long as it's paired with 2chan.

lol that part of the bill won't pass. Facebook and all the other internet giants will lobby hard against this.

is this the end of PJB?

who names these bills

the senator that brings the bill forwRD I BELIEVE

Is this meant to target websites like Backpage?

Politicians have realized the names of these acts are potentially significant in their semantic signifiers and connotation and a potential avenue for propaganda. A good example; "The Patriot Act" which rode on Franklin Delano Roosevelts executive orders to increase Federal interference in our lives. You would never know this just by the name "Patriot Act"

It's fucking stupid that Backpage CEOs were charged with child sex trafficking for running a site that lets users post ads. They shouldn't be responsible for what people post.

They are already dead

This. We're beating a dead horse.

The grand finale of imageboards seems to have been 2014-2016 8ch, and Librechan.

Sad but true.

what kind of fucked up keyboard layout is that?

If this makes the posts no longer the responsibility of the poster can we find a loophole to pin the responsibility onto an anonymous shell corporation?

Amirite in my logic?