If you tip, you're a victim bitch who enjoys getting ripped off

If you tip, you're a victim bitch who enjoys getting ripped off.

k

Tipping is fucking gay. I pay for my meal at the restaurant so why should I pay the employees? that's the employers duty.
Also if any delivery person asks for a tip from me I make sure to never order from that place again.

tipping makes sense because it gives serving staff an incentive to give good service

if they just got a guaranteed sum every month, service would be worse

Keeping the job should be incentive enough. Giving good service should be expected from default not as an extra.

If employers had to pay their employees more, the costs of their goods would surely raise. Tipping is a tool that allows you to pay for cheaper goods and then determine how much of your savings you would like to spend based on the quality of the service you received. Good staff and restaurants ideally see a return, whereas bad staff and restaurants do without.

then why no tipping at other places?
why we don't tip at supermarket, gas station, barber, brothel, etc

the world doesn't work on should. we need to accept human nature and set incentives so that we get the desired results regardless of human nature.

We do tip at the barber and (perhaps) the brothel.
Supermarkets and gas stations are largely self service and so it's hard to justify tipping to subsidize costs of employment.

If prices rise so be it, I'm sick of this backwards logic where we pay a waiter extra for having a smile on their face while writing down the order or when they refill shit. If anyone deserves extra it's the people actually making the food not some random who can carry plates around.

You missed the point. The restaurant and employees still have incentives to give good service if they want customers and if they want to keep a job. Once employees realize if they start slacking and give bad service then their employer would fire them,then human nature kicks in and they say "I need to keep this job to support myself, better get serious"

Why not tip your physician, police or any other service people?

So anyone who isn't a service provider in the food industry gives bad service?

Tipping isn't standard, you'll only tip in my region if you get above standard service and then it's only like €2

That's called a bribe and it works in Mexico.
Beyond a certain level of professionalism, a tip is considered an insult.

If you're a poorfag you normally shouldn't be dining at places where gratuity is expected.

Don't get mad at waiters. Get mad at porky for not paying you a living wage.

I don't mind tips because it lets workers slightly participate in the firm's marginal profit instead of being paid fixed rate porky peanuts. Still, it's nowhere near enough.

Because these people are already paid normal salaries. Waiters are paid below minimum wage on purpose because of the tipping system which incentivizes them to provide excellent service.

shitty system tbh

why?

Because employers should pay them not us. Get a brain please.

in the end, it's always the customer that pays them

You know how when you get hit up by a hobo for money and you're not sure if they really need it or if they're just going to go blow it on alcohol?

Tipping is a safer bet that your money is needed. And I see the workers as being held hostage under that system, even if I disagree with the system. So for their sake, I tip.

By tipping you only allow the system to go on.

because they're forced to work in restaurants?

So edgy, be cheap user.

What is minimal wage?

so you can't hang with the freedom to pay what you want, you would rather just have an on rails experience where you're locked in and the employee gets paid whether he gives you shit service or not, all the while you pay MORE? Wew.

a stupid policy supported only by people with zero understanding of economics

Its 20 bucks at most don't get too crazy bud also its not much freedom when you are with others and dont wanna seem like a cheap jackass while others are tippings as well. So much for "freedom" when societal pressure forces you to pay a waiter for forcing a fake smile on their face.

That wont be happening for long once complaints start.

I go to restaurants to eat food i don't know what more of a experience you expect.

Niggers never tip.
Niggers also suffer from high rates of drug and alcohol abuse, incest, murder, broken families, low wages, low intellect, low lifespan, high infant mortality and they smell funny.

Coincidence?

You're given a little black booklet that hides what you pay from everyone else. Do you constantly have the reservoir dogs conversation or something.
Ah, so to you it would be better to be charged more than to suffer "societal pressure" even if it means paying less. Face it, you're grasping at straws. Tipping allows you to decide what to pay and ultimately pay less. It's a fine system.

Yeah, naw, fuck off cunt. I don't tip the cashier at the grocery store either, and she doesn't get sand in her vagina over the deal.

No that's not how it works. Even when prices jack up due to no tipping then how are you sure it would be more then how it is now?
No it doesn't, you still pay for the meal you just pay extra at the end and unless you have statistics to prove that restaurants that have a tip systems charge less for the entire meal+tip then restaurants without tip systems then im calling you out for bullshit.

Why you have to tip percentage of the cost. Is carrying more expensive food harder task than cheaper food?

BRO WHAT ARE YOU TALKING? TIPPING LETS YOU PAY LESS! ACTUALLY WHEN YOU TIP THEY GIVE YOU THE FOOD FOR FREE!
TIPPING IS GREAT

yes

Tipping (generally) follows established rates. 15-20% is considered a "good" tip. If an employee makes that somewhat reliably, they generally make a little more than minimum wage. Assuming restaurants have to pay the difference, the easiest thing for that restaurant to do is just factor that price on to your meal anyway. I am confident that it would be AT LEAST a 15% increase, that way they could reliably pay their employees a full wage with a little give and take depending on how business is that week.
It's just common sense dude. Do you think restaurant owners are just going to eat the fucking costs if they have to pay their employees more? Especially if those costs were historically payed by customers? Of course not. You would essentially be tipping all the time with no choice of who gets the money. Tipping is just a service charge that you determine the price of.

Hmm, shit posting, the last line of defense for a shit argument.

Don't talk about common sense when your advocating tipping waiters for carrying plates to a table.

Ignore every point I make, and beat your chest chanting the same mantra over and over again. I'm sure some small liberal arts university would love to pick you up as a women studies professor with that attitude.

I tip my fedora, does that count?

Sorry your points are shit and unable to convince anyone. Tipping is a terrible practice that stiffs waiters and makes unnecessary trouble after a meal for customers. You pretend like its something good because you can choose how much to give but you either pay the waiter enough to get off minimum wage pay or be seen as a jackass. It's a moral obligation and you are seen as a jackass if dont do so.

I tip outrageous amounts to counter you fagfags who don't tip. :^)

isn't a better system that i pay only once? rather than make me allocate the money? how don't i personally go to every employee and pay them their share?