Holy shit fuck off. Just add an autoupdate feature

Holy shit fuck off. Just add an autoupdate feature.

But if your being asked about it, it's not truly auto, and I'm sure you can turn it off.

no shit?

faggot

kek

Whoops.

Then don't use fucking vindos.

Or use choco and make a script that runs automatically every day since pajeets are too busy finding clean streets to shit on to make a package manager. Something that every other OS has had for up to 20 years.

But then you're trusting one server for everything. What if it gets compromised. I think that's stupid.

oh wait, you're on windows anyway

That's why you have package signing.

Firefox, uTorrent, and Windows itself are prime examples for why you should NEVER auto-update anything.

Only update if something breaks or if you find out about new features that you want.

Enjoy your well documented and easily patched security exploits.

Holy shit fuck off. Just install an operating system that has a package manager.

It's my security exploit and I'm not letting some random people patch it

if you like your security exploit you can keep your security exploit

You're not letting the exact team who wrote your software application write security updates for the same application? What do you do, hire a security analysis team on retainer and have them write patches for you?

Until they learn about --purge, that is.

It's interesting by the way that Linux where OSS dominates is the package manager OS and not vice versa. With open source, where you got the program is irrelevant, since you can in theory look at the source and judge it for what it is. It is with proprietary Windows software that trust becomes vital, yet Windowsfags will run any old exe they find on on some malware pit site.

A private tracker may use client whitelisting, so if you were always autoupdated to the latest version you'd be often unable to use the tracker.

nobody checks that including you

How, when they automatically update?

What if I happen to have gotten attached to that exploit? Why should I let someone kill it?

Package managers do, you goddamn retard. Besides, many popular distros have 10+ mirrors.

This.

I've never looked back since I installed elementaryOS. I know it's a babby tier OS, but I am loving this "it just werks" thing too much.

you never audited the package manager nor will you ever

You're right.
BRB installing windows!

same thing since you never audit

I know, that's why I'm installing Windows

I don't have to audit it myself as long as I trust the community to patch things up as soon as they are publicly discovered.

Dude, just install Windows™

FTFY. Merely patching things up as soon as they're discovered is no good if things are never discovered.

not enough commentary has been done about how Holla Forums retook pepe from normalfags
god bless america

Holla Forums is full of normalfags, that why they use some of the most stale memes that were still in use when the election started coming around.

here's your
>>>Holla Forums

I dislike Holla Forums and it's 12 year old userbase
but hey you're right, they did reclaim pepe and contributed to the forthcomng of KEK

why are tech fags so cucked? Lots of trannies too

Pepe keeps evolving as a meme, so it isn't stale.

ISHYGDDT

It's not like windows is compromised or anything.

Don't repos download from a number of different sources?

uTorrent is a prime example of why 90% of windows software shouldn't even have installers

When a new version comes out it can simply download the new file and done

God, you fags are ridiculous. Are you one of those people who keeps driving back 5 minutes after leaving to double triple quadruple check that the gas is off?

Nobody is sneaking packages with unmatching sigs past the pm, lol, get some perspective lad, don't just say any crazy thing that comes to mind to win the argument

You think that's bad? I still have to manually check and google just to update the Iridium browser

Yeah, I know I'm a retard. I have startpage as my default but it just I feel like it's slower than googling shit and using google has become a nasty fucking habit of mine that I need to kick but there's a good thing about it too. I have not been getting the search results I've been looking for lately and it's starting to piss me off and helping me kick my habit. Fucking youtube videos for simple shit instead of a yes or no answers.

eOS is really comfy, I only moved to Debian because I really needed more control, but other than that, it's a keeper

OP here 3 days later
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's the same argument windows fags use

Fucking this, also make it so when i fucking click on the popup that it's done it takes me to the folder instead of having to search for it.

How the heck do programs written in non-interpreted languages, update then re-invoke themselves without using a separate/temporary executable for updating? I've heard of people "hotloading" C code by storing everything in a dll then reloading it dynamically.
Are there other ways to handle updating binaries with minimal interruption? I need to read up on ksplice and things like that.

Go to [QBittorrent > Tools > Options > Advanced] and uncheck "Check for software updates"

Most people don`t seem to check any of the menu`s of their applications any more.

lucky i still do

That is good, however the saying the man and the fish applies to everyone else.

the execve(2) syscall replaces the currently executing image with another, without creating a new process. So, you would just overwrite the executable file (which won't affect the loaded image), then call execve() with the process args and environment variables, and you've got an updated image running in the same process as the old one. No need for fragile dynamic linking hacks.

I pity such fools. Crawling over every option in every sub-menu verifying and customizing options as a part of any new software installation is an autistic delicacy.

i have a bunch of torrent files in one folder and it's files other folders (music, sofware, books etc ...) is there a torrent client that allows me to automatically add such torrents and set a default location for it's files ?, i will have to manually classify the torrent files in categories and then bulk import them in the client accordingly, any other ideas ? can rtorrent be scripted to do such a task ? i use qbittorrent but i dont want to click 200+ times the ok button even when i can set a default folder.

I want the updates faggot. I just dont want to visit a website every three days. Homo

Turbo cuck

False premise, cunt. I want the updates but I dont want to visit a website every three days. Turning off updates would be for retards like you.

Why would you turn off updates? I want it to auto update. You're mentally retarded.

I said new software, not updates. 99% of the time no new features are added with updates, only bug fixes.
When did I say anything about disabling updates?

I turn off updates because I want to see if the software I install tries to phone home when I have not given it permission to do so. Open source, FOSS, or not, FF for example has "crash reporters" and the like.

Oh but I do you faggot, how hard is though the check the changelog (if it exists) before update. Nice reading comprehension there.

Trusting one server is a lesser security risk than trusting hundred of them, because you just need one of them to get compromised. Similar principle as why Tor doesn't switch your entry nodes often.

Haha faggot