Ok, linux discussion.... Im currently using Devuan Jessie Beta 2...

ok, linux discussion.... Im currently using Devuan Jessie Beta 2... this fuckin system is totally usable and i run everything i want... without any problems... its 100% Free-Libre and after new year it will go officialy available and first final release... I have installed over 10 linux distros in about 1 week, i was never stallmanite and shit, but 100% floss distro is real thing, its just so clean... on gnu.org trisquel runs systemd... gnewsense is ancient fork of wheezy but without systemd... and every other 100% floss distro is shit.. Devuan is currently best linux distro out there to run... Gentoo sucks because of compilation time, Arch sucks because of systemd and ugly package manager.. Slackware doesnt have one.. Debian uses systemd, Ubuntu is bloated piece of crap, Fedora is redhats toy and bloated and running systemd (worst distro case ever), FreeBSD uses cuck license and lacks drivers... we dont have anything decent to run these years.. wtf is happening??? We dont have freedom anymore...

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/issues/printers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and yeah, GNU/Hurd is running only in vm, it doesnt even have basic drivers for anything..

just install bsd and stop distrohopping like a normal adult

debian is the most buggy undocumented piece of shit ive ever used

That's simply bullshit.
I get you, however, it's hard to find a distro that suits all your tastes, especially if you put 100% libre and no systemd as requirements.
I don't think Devual is 100% libre however. They ship the regular linux kernel, which isn't libre, and contains binary driver blobs.
As for myself, I don't require a distro to be 100% libre, because that'd mean it'd not be compatible with my hardware. I just install whatever distro I like and don't install any proprietary software besides drivers. Sometimes, there's even a libre variant: Slackware -> Freeslack, Arch -> Parabola. If that's the case, just read their documentations and see what proprietary parts you can remove from your install without breaking drivers.

Devuan will be 100% libre on final release... they have contacted gnu... They will put Devuan on list.. and drivers... arent poprietary drivers scary?

FreeBSD cannot run things i want... and poprietary software is crawling in it.

I personally don't mind systemd. If you want to avoid it, Debian is an excellent choice, believe it or not.

After installing Debian, just run "apt remove systemd wicd+". You'll purge all systemd and get a replacement for NetworkManager. You won't get any proprietary software at all since you need to enable extra repositories for that.

Debian might not use systemd by default, but it's unlikely to drop it since it has ports to other kernels. There are variants of Debian that are 100% incapable of running systemd. Regular Debian doesn't make it hard to remove it.

Yes they are, but so is proprietary hardware. Most good hardware is proprietary, so until now all my hardware choices have been based on whether it was a good price/quality tradeoff or not. This means that things like my wireless card don't work without blobs.

Can you point out any document/mails list about that please I would like to confirm this.

I have discussed with Chris (ThinkPenguin) about that.
I questioned him about printers and asked him why couldn't they sell generic printer even if they are blobbed.
Turns out that the blobs can do call to homes and download shit without authorization required.
Even better the printer can print information in the dots of your print
eff.org/issues/printers

Yeah.... my current config is on thincentre m85p... Upgraded to q6600 and this hardware can run without blobs, but even with all that, bios is still poprietary...

I mailed gnu myself...

Gentoo does not suck because of compilation time. Anything that can take a long time to install also distributes binaries.

And anyway, what the fuck are you constantly installing that you can't take 10 minutes to compile xorg? Why compile it more than once?

Wrong.
Debians kernel comes with all blobs removed. It's like Debians version of the linux-libre kernel, please prove me wrong.

Has anyone gotten Linux-libre to work on Void?
If not then Devuan is indeed the best distro atm

Gentoo requires an attention span longer than 5 seconds though.

Debian won't reboot on my computer

Did you by chance try removing systemd? Polkit had to get forked for Devuan

Will there be blobs?

There's a special place in hell for you subhumans.

Great blog, friend.
Upvoted on reddit.com/r/linux

systemd as a software is free but from usability perspective its not, i want separate programs for specific tasks and thats UNIX philosophy, systemd will eventualy take over everything, dont be so stupid

which systemd consists of, seperate programs and daemons for specific tasks
fuck off, retard

Just because you're morbidly obese in real life doesn't mean you have to type on the internet like you're constantly gasping for air too.

Will there be a normie friendly distro like ubuntu but based on devuan and without systemd?

those separate programs are from same project and are integral part of systemd, i want to change date with date command, i want to manager network with dhcpcd, i want sysklogd for logging etc, you really dont know what i am talking about

wtf? are you high?

Devuan is "user-friendly" and easy to use enough

False

You're free to use it, but don't try to pretend systemd isn't the svchost.exe of Linux.

How newb can you get OP?
I left Debian after 10 years and went straight to Slackware. Automatic dependency resolution is superfluous.

Systemd will not take over everything. Even if it did (and it won't), there will always be ways to run a Lignux system without systemd.

I do that on arch, works fine, networkd is disabled
I do that on arch, works fine, journald doesn't log but it is enabled and running, because systend requires it for in-memory logging to watch services
so, nah, you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

Automatic dependency resolution is superfluous?

Elaborate, please.

he means that he's autistic and wants to do work that should be done by the machine, because of his robot-like qualities.

Trisquel does not have systemd.

Trisquel isn't getting development work done on it. At the moment, Trisquel's only contributor is busy with other things. If somebody came in and modified Trisquel to depend upon systemd, he'd be fine with it.

It was stated that Trisquel had systemd and that is wrong. You are stating development is dead or very slow but The developers just released Trisquel 8 development images.

What is slackpkg/pkgtools?