Do I get a curved or non curved 4K UHD HDR tv? Only respond if you have one

Do I get a curved or non curved 4K UHD HDR tv? Only respond if you have one.

I've already ordered 8 kinos on UHD HDR

get a gun a shoot yourself.

gg kikes win again

I'm not putting it farther away and I don't think you know what HDR and 4K means

I can hear your autistic screeching but I don't hear a gunshot.

HDR means a wider color palette that is more accurate and UHD means the resolution is arguably just as big as the jump from DVD to 1080p. Four times better

I personally believe that 4k is what 1080p was promised as. Watching 4k content, even in fhd is amazing. That being said OP, if you have the dosh to have such a tv and a computer to output games and video well enough, more power to you. Curved supposedly tricks content into looking more 3d but if you're paying that much cash for it you should at least look for one that is also 3d. Makes Singleplayer games look dope as fuck.

Get one that matches the curve of your wife's bull's dong.

So curved, I guess.

4k is a fucking stupid meme resolution invented by marketers to push for a resolution standard that no one is ready for but making sure everyone is anticipating it. The price for it is something everyone pays for even though you might not even care for 4k at all. We already have a problem with Bluray releases that are often empty upgrades that don't have the bitrate necessary to take advantage of 1080p let alone 4k. Bitrate is the most important part of the picture quality, not resolution which literally just says how much screen space is taken up. Bitrate must be high enough to compensate for the screen spaced used and thus high enough to make the picture quality look good with those dimensions. Bitrate is the reason why you might have an antiquated 720p download of something that is a filesize higher than the typical 1080p release of something, and the 720p file looks better when played. The 4k problem is not limited to just files.

In vidya 4k does nothing except soak up more video resources that could go to more detailed 3d objects and textures. It keeps vidya stuck in stagnating 3d graphics which allows developers to be lazy and to never embarrass console owners who are using outdated hardware, constantly. Meanwhile PC owners get screwed because games are designed around outdated hardware, buying cutting edge when all 4k does is drain hardware power to make the game that only looks half-decent on 1080p look stretched at 4k. Let me emphasize again. We could have amazing games that people dreamed of 5-10 years ago today but we're being held back by not just stupid console standards but a push to support a resolution that no one needs to use right now. We need games that look immaculate in 1080p and below and leave a nice buyer beware sign for 4k "ready" systems that their shit will get pushed in if they try to stretch it that far.

In film the price for 4k is even more obvious. If you actually own physical copies of blurays and not watered down bluray torrents that gut the bitrate so you might as well be downloading DVD releases, the price is so heavy it's just sad and pathetic. Bitrate IS what gives the movie an eyecandy appeal. I'm not going to advocate for a physical library collection nor a service-based one, but torrent makers are screwing you over when you download a "blurary rip" that is the size of a DVD. If you actually wanted to see good quality eyecandy in your movies you should have been supporting the bluray RIPs that are dozens of GBs big. The payoff is not just for amazing picture but also for effects like interpolation. Without a generously big bitrate, smooth motion AKA interpolation doesn't work at all. Sure you could cheat and encode the product of something interpolation-capable into its own original video file, and if you are autistic enough to do that with everything, more power to you.

Kek

This shit is fucking retarded. For decades, televisions had curves in them. Then "No, no, it must be flat! Flat is best!" Bunch of years later, "We were wrong! Curved is best, but curving inwards! This is the best!" Next it'll be horizontal curving, or fucking torus vision or some shit, fuck me sideways.

I'm not getting a new TV till 8k becomes standard.

I like my screens polygonal.

The human eye can't see past 1080p bro

4k UHD is a fucking meme man. At least vidya does 4k.

Is this copypasta

Pic related is the only way to view kino, you cucks make me sick. CRTs started this shit.

While a well meaning rant, you're missing the finer points of video encoding and real-time hardware utilisation.
First up, the current 4k standard is one of the first times we've seen a proper indsutry wide consensus on how video should be displayed on a high level ("HDR" then promptly goes and fucks this, but that's a whole other kettle of fish). Prior to this we;ve had the mess of resolutions, frame rates, audio streams, file formats and all manner of other variables which has made working with and consuming "professional" video a pain in the arse. 4k, for me at least, as an encoder, has given me a more standardised input file and makes my life a hell of a lot easier.
Does 4k need more bitrate to actually look good, yes. Does it need 4 times the bitrate than a good 1080p encode, not even remotely, you could have an excellent 4k encode with 2x the bitrate, or a passable (but still better than 1080p encode) at around 1.5x the btirate (depending on the source content of course, but just in general). That being said, this is in the hands of a talented encoder who actually tweaks x264/x265 settings to fit the source material (ie not YIFY). It's these tweaks to things like lookaheads and me that makes the biggest difference to the output quality at comparative bitrates. For example, for animated content (which I'm most familiar with) 1.5GB per hour for 1080p (and therefore 2.5-3.5GB per hour for 4k) is ample to ensure a good quality (not quite bluray obviously, but nonetheless still good-exceptional), you don't need encodes in the dozens of GB if it's encoded properly.

As for shitty bluray releases and transfers, yeah that'll always exist, but why bring down the good movies that will look better in 4k because other studios can't figure out how to make/transfer a movie properly. I can almost guarantee 90% of shitty blurays are a result of either A. a shitty movie, or B. an old movie that's been transfered by some shit tier company looking for a cash grab.

As for vidja, yes, consoles hold back PC releases for shitty/cheaper games, but this will be regardless of resolution. Games look bad, for the most part, because most game devs don't have the time/resources to create exceptional models and optimise the game to the nth degree, that is to say, most games aren't GTAV and don't have a budget greater than many country's GDPs. Lock consoles to 1080p and double their horsepower, it's still not going to make such a huge difference if the games aren't being developed that way.>>690855

kys

ok thanks man

why else would you have one? everything else is better accomplished on your PC

well im not waiting 15 years

I have a laptop, I don't need a desktop atm but Im saving up for one as well, but they are cheaper than a 4k HDR tv. I just want a smart 4k tv, because theres some new HDR releases that look very nice.

I haven't bought it yet, but I preodered some $K HDR blurays so i need a fucking tv sometime

ITT: Jealous poorfags

No it's literally ^4 better

(((you)))