Since red sonja is Hyrkanian shouldnt she look like a mongol?

Since red sonja is Hyrkanian shouldnt she look like a mongol?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyborian_Age
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Spider-Man-Red-Sonja
comicvine.gamespot.com/red-sonja/4005-2439/images/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyborian_Age#Etymology
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought Hyrkanians were supposed to be Russian analogues.

Since the fantasy world of Robert E. Howard is completely fictional, is OP a gigantic faggot?

but didn't Robert E. Howard base his fictional places off of real ancient countries. I know he was really into history.

Hyboria is supposed to be Earth in a very distant past. Several places and peoples are obviously analogues to real life: Shemites are Jews, Stygians are Egyptians, Cimmerians are supposed to be Celts, Aesires and Vanirs are ancient Vikings and so forth. Check the analogue list en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyborian_Age

You say this but I'm sure you'd argue against black people being in The Witcher 3.

thanks user that looks very interesting. I like the idea of a forgotten time in history.

I remember buying a conan anthology years ago and it had Howards own stance on the subject as well as writings on the history of the setting. Not only is it VERY clear Hyboria is meant to be some kind of proto earth, but he uses real names for locations as much as fictional ones. Stygians aren't Egyptians because Egyptians are Egyptians, unless I've missed something and he later changed the names around.

If it's based of Hyrcania, the people there don't necessarily look like Mongols. They're Iranians, Iranians can be very white-looking.

?

??

???

is this what you guys call trips?

No, trips its when the last 3 numbers of your post number are equal for example:

thanks user. Now I finally know what that means.

no problem

I HATE EVERY ONE OF YOU

Love you too, user.

Well fuck you too sissy

I loved Conan so I've been trying to get into this. Maybe I got into the wrong parts, because as far as I can tell, it's shit. I mean, it was good at first, but it quickly got shit.

Is there any real reason to keep reading? The reincarnated Sonja is already retarded enough that it has panels of Osin between when Sonja died and when the series takes place that shows him with two hands, so they couldn't even keep continuity right apparently.
Didn't help that I couldn't even get attached to Sonja since all her backstory issues before the revamp was drawn by some dumbass who can't draw for the life of him.

are you talking about queen of the black coast? she wasnt black, she was a Shemite

What comic were you reading, user?
I can recommend you some pretty good modern comic that adapt the classic books. Read Conan the Cimmerian. The 2003 version is good too, but the first arc ends like absolute shit and may turn you off.

I don't think that is supposed to be Queen of the Black Coast. Belit doesn't sacrifice herself to be reborn or some shit, she is murdered by a demon and rises from the dead to save Conan from it.

I am gonna storytime a Conan issue I really liked reading this morning.

I'm reading the marvel red sonja reprints now. are the other runs any good? I hear gail simone's is hit or miss

It's Red Sonja, I know that much. I tried to avoid it, but maybe it's Gail Simone's run? That would make sense for the kind of crap in there.
I like Conan, but I wanted a solo Red Sonja series to read. That's my issue here.

The only good Sonja is Frank Thorne's Sonja IMO.

Does anyone have the story where MJ gets possessed by Red Sonja?

I'm always disappointed by vampires who just mope around and end up eternally glum. Learn a trade, master a craft, or maybe invent something, there's so many ways to keep yourself occupied.

That said, what is going on at the end? Does the black cloud mean that Mekri is her herald and now she's going to descend upon the prince's kingdom? Why did Mekri come back to life and give Conan the jewel? Is there lore we don't know, or are we just being plunged into a mysterious and fantastic world? I don't mind the latter, I'd just like to know where to set my expectations, and if there's any lore I'm missing.

I always liked how Thulsa Doom in the Conan movie was from the Kull stories and Akivasha was the villain in Kull the Conqueror

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Spider-Man-Red-Sonja

That's interesting, I didn't know they'd done a follow up the that story, but I meant an older story in Spider-Man, where MJ touches the sword and get possessed by Red Sonja and goes on a rampage.

Not a lot of people know this, but Red is a canon immigrant to Conan, having been stolen by Roy Thomas from another Robert E. Howard heroine, Red Sonya of Rogatino, from "The Shadow of the Vulture", set in the 16th century.

that was a nice story user.

even more reason to look like a mongol

I'm growing to be more of a Red Sonja fan over time. Normally I prioritize lolis but she has a unique appeal.

Someone ought to clean up comicvine.gamespot.com/red-sonja/4005-2439/images/ it has a lot of great art but so much of it is duplicated it's like wading through repeats to find new stuff.

No, it's Mongolia, Hyperborea is Russia/baltics, Turan is the Turkic lands, and Iranistan is Persia. Hyrkania Is right next to Khitai which is China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyborian_Age#Etymology