Does "over the ear" mean that headphones go completely around the ear or does it just lay on top of and smash the ear?

Does "over the ear" mean that headphones go completely around the ear or does it just lay on top of and smash the ear?

Are there any good open back and over the ear (around the ear but covering) headphones for ~$150-$200?

Other urls found in this thread:

manyakisart.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know but I like that gif

Think of how much pizza you could buy for 200 bucks, dude.

circumaural means the ear is enclosed
supraaural means it lays on top of the ear (80s fuzzy headphones)

fuck yes dude
1000 internets for you

This is quality.

some sennheiser 595s

I have a pair going on 10 years old now. heaps of use and abuse. still work fine.

they have a very nice natural sound. not super punchy and crispy bass, and not super clear rinsed out sound either.

sometimes it can be difficult to tell whether a sound is coming from the headphone or from outside somewhere.

nice and comfortable for extended listening.

if that's what you're after.

Why

It's not the 90s anymore.

…woah

Discrete (Stand Alone) Sound Cards are still a lot better than most motherboard audio solutions.

This.

Once you go beyond the $50-70 range it all sounds the same.

Only the real kool-aid drinkers and stupid niggers buy $200 headphones. Just look at the way they advertise Beats, it's totally nigger-focused.

I had totally forgot! Where would we be without you, John Oliver?

Who?

This. It pisses me off how my normie friends think Beats are the greatest thing ever and ask me "what's a jbl?"

A British guy with bad teeth

so then what's good that is circumaural open back for that price?

manyakisart.tumblr.com/

Over the ear headphones go around the ear yes.

Don't get M50x's. Go for the M40s if you are looking at Audio Technica.

Just got my Yamaha MT220s today. Found em cheeper then usual price on amazon. Pretty decent tbh.

Just chop off your ears and you won't have to worry about what kind of headphones to buy.

Sennheiser HD 598s. Best thing in that price range and they don't need an amp.

Do you wear those in public to weeb signal?

sennheiser hd 201s, they're the best damn headphones i've ever owned and only 20 schmekels.

That would be these.

What about the Sennheiser HD 202 IIs?

$24 on amazon with super saver shipping.

tried em, the 201s are better in term of comfort

Buy a pair of Superlux and never go back, they're cheap studio headphones for chinks but they just werk

not if you're using shit headphones
headphones are more important that sound cards

I have used the Sennheiser HD 598 headphones for awhile now and can personally recommend them provided your environment is not noisy. great sound and they keep getting cheaper too.

after 2-3 years the material of the 201s earcups and band pad deteriorates and flakes off.

thing is they're so cheap no one should give a damn. can't hold a candle to mid-high range HD series headphones but their performance/cost ratio is insanely good.