LOL CARTOONS!!!

LOL CARTOONS!!!
LMAO FUNNY PROPORTIONS!!!!
LOL BRIGHT FUNKY COLOR!!!!

This fad needs to fucking die

Take your meds.

I wonder what this era of animation will be looked back on as? Will they see it for the repulsive shit it is, or trying playing it off as some golden age?

I've been listening to animation and the general consensus is that there's a new "golden age" because cartoons are created in multiple numbers, have "diversity", and aren't created for marketing reasons.

I don't like them, but I could see where they are coming from. I think that MTV's Liquid Television did it better a long time ago.

I don't see anybody playing off the low budget stuff of the 60s-70s as a golden age, so I hope history will remember this as a second shit era of animation

Problem is they have thrown out quality control and talent for what they say is "diversity". Most also look the same, have the same animation teams and techniques, humor, and similar writers with the same beliefs seeing as anyone who thinks different is usually bullied out of the industry quietly.

we can only hope. Everything about the last 8 years should really be discouraged aside from maybe how they've been handling live action TV shows..

as always, the great Frank Zappa explains it best.

would the 90's be considered a golden age because of how experimental animation was with stuff like Ultraviolet or something?

Richard Williams actually says when the Golden Age was in "the Animators Survival Kit". I think it was 1988? So late 80's I believe.

didn't know that user. interesting.

Why does this look objectively better than shit like in OP?

At some point large media companies saw that small 1 man animators were doing stupid, funny shit by themselves that looked like this and figured they could just port it over to spend 0 money.

I'm honestly shocked we haven't just devolved back into radio plays with just a static image changed per-scene at this point.

we're about there. There's a scene from nuPPG that just has Buttercup cycling the same two frames to talk. Even the laziest of animes use 3-4 frames at the very least, and they have a lot more to draw.

Can I bring up right now kapow?
thats it's real name everybody yup

was this made by the same person that did Problem Solverz?

please stop, we don't need anymore Vals in Holla Forums

I'm pretty sure no.

Well people play off the stiff, dull, 30-minute-long toy commercials of the 80s that animators fucking hated working on as classics (Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.) so I wouldn't be so sure.

On the other hand, I'd wager that the animators of the current crop of ugly low-budget stoner shit enjoy themselves way too much while "working" on the show.

It's created by two guys who worked on Cartoon Network's MAD; Disney XD picked it up because they wanted a show like that

Sad this is the best "original" kids' IP Warner Bros. Animation now has to offer

interesting the artstyle looks just as ugle as Problem Solverz.

This fad needs to fucking die

Well that explains everything.

Has nobody realized that moon's face is overkill?

Because it was done by people who knew their shit. Animation in that era was paid for in loose change and the lint between the sofa cushions but the animators still had the technical skills to be able to do the good stuff if the budgets were up to it.

What really gets to me is that even tumblr and deviant art have at least mediocre to pretty good artists, like, they exist. Companies just seem to ignore them. I mean most of those people are on artist wellfare (patreon) doing comissions. I don't care how small these supposed 'entertainment' companies want the budget to be they have to be offering more than they get from that shit.

its cheaper to pay artists shit and the retarded hipsters eat up the shitty art because they can relate to the lack of artistic talent.

Any good examples please? I saw a lot of drawing streams, many lack the experience and are slow for this work sector.