Well, I'm a depressed faggot

So, Holla Forums, Tonight I decided to watch a couple movies I had downloaded a while back….
Miss Violence - a girl commits suicide on her 11th birthday. Family insists nothing was wrong. Film makes it obvious early on that her grandfather was raping her. Skipped through film after 20 minutes. Was proven correct. Holla Forumstard shitposting and trololols aside, this is a situation similar to that which my girlfriend has had to deal with. A situation that keeps coming back to haunt her in her adult life and which has torn her family apart and caused irrepairable damage, both physically and psychologically to herself and to siblings who also suffered abuse. Not exactly ideal for my taste in films
Welp….fuck that. Let's check out another.
Million Dollar Hotel. The son of some rich jew dies, seemingly leaping from the roof of the run-down hotel he lived in along with other mentally ill people who couldn't afford to be properly committed. Rich jew hires a private investigator to prove it's murder.
The story of the film wraps up beautifully, but horribly tragically. Film has been referred to as a tragic comedy. Some surprisingly big names attached to the film including milla jovovich, mel gibson, and jimmy smits. And the film was written by Bono of all people.

So, two horribly tragic films in and now I feel more miserable than I did before i started watching them.
And it's almost 6 AM. I can't sleep and I have a doctor's appointment in 7 hours.

Convince me that human decency still exists in the world, will you? Ah fuck it this is Holla Forums nobody fucking cares.

we all get over it sometimes. nothing is permanent and everyone is on borrowed time; this too shall pass.

personally i listen to happy music and watch cute girls doing cute things to help cope with my chronic melancholy and general ineptness at life.

I am a diagnosed depression sufferer. This method I have tried many a time and it does not work for me. It only slides me further into solipsism and misanthropy.

it worked for me tbh

what have you been doing to cope with it? drinking, fapping, anime, games?

medicating and drinking. and occasionally borrowing one of my girlfriend's pot brownies. One a week seems to work better than any legal medication I can get. Of course, the world is still a horrible place descending further and further into what amounts to voluntary white genocide and ideological chaos while logic and reason fall by the wayside to be shit on and burned but I care a little less if I'm high.
Oh look, solipsism and misanthropy again. Fuck me sideways and call me Satan.

so? that's her problem.
like most children, she was stupid and got herself in a dumb situation on her own.

Stop posting Creep Catchers

my waifu

Actually, she grew up with an emotionally manipulative and abusive stepfather who terrorized the entire household into submission and preyed on her idiot mother's desperate guilt and massive insecurities over her own childhood abuse in order to take advantage of her children.
But yeah, go ahead and oversimplify it you ignorant fuck.

Become a mentor, create the beauty that you want to see.

How?

i get what you mean but one of the harsh aspects of reality is that there's only so much we can do. if you really want to help deal with those problems you can't be sticking around all brooding and imposing your own mental cages. its one of the biggest problems with the information age: we were given the information without the wisdom to comprehend it and process it without falling into despair.

in a way, i think you know what you need to do, you just have difficulty doing it. if i were in your position, i'd try and write out a plan of attack, setting small goals that i know i can knock out and building upon it until i gtfo of whats holding me down. you've been on Holla Forums long enough to see the solutions, its just a matter of putting them into action

Guilt? So, the mom was abused as a child and thought the children should have a taste of abuse as well?

I don't think Holla Forums has any real solutions, really. Just a lot of hate. They know some of what's going on, but instead of finding real solutions, they just blame jews or niggers.

Reddit is helpful, memes aside.

She allowed it to happen. The children have forgiven her and she's served time for it. IMO she deserves much worse than she's gotten for the role she's played, even if she was emotionally manipulated as well. There is no excuse whatsoever for allowing the abuse and exploitation of your own flesh and blood. And there is no way to atone for it enough either.

you're not wrong about the hate part, but Holla Forums has had some solutions from time to time, the problem is that since we're on an imageboard, not all of us are cut out for fixing our problems. a lot of us have underlying problems and personal barriers that stop us from living to what we dream we could be.

op, what comes to mind on fixing your problems with misanthropy and solipsism?

There are dozens of niggers dying every hour

believe in the you that believes in yourself
seriously, go watch TTGL movies, the series has a bit too much filler
subs of coursh

You have what you want! Close your eyes to see clearly.
You have around you something so fantastic and magical. Something that no human could invent.
Do you prefer to do what I say or do in your own way?

I really don't know if there is a solution. Solipsism is inescapable when faced with the overwhelming insanity and stupidity of the human race. Misanthropy follows when attempts to discuss reasonably and foster thought and discussion are met with every accusation under the sun, even from former friends. It becomes even more impossible to avoid when it becomes clear just how much of the insanity and stupidity is enshrined by everything from the people ruling your nation to the people educating children.
Moreover, it's hopeless to fight what amounts to an uphill battle on a sheer slope and impossible not to.

I hated Guren Lagaan. I watched 4 episodes trying to like it. It's fucking retarded.

Nigger what are you even saying?

try doing other things. whatever you're doing now isn't working and it shows. so do something different.

real shame, it's pretty good honestly

imagination?

Create a tulpa. Worked for me.

What's the point? I mean that's what everything keeps coming back to. I live pretty high up in a shitty apartment. If it weren't for the fact that my girlfriend needs me here I would have jumped over a year ago. I've been through therapy and briefly felt okay after that. I've had medications adjusted and again, only a temporary solution. If I think about anything, I always arrive at the conclusion that there is no reason to continue living except to do something for someone else, and it seems everyone but her outright rejects anything I've tried to do for them for the last 10 years or more.
Hell, I had all of my friends abandon me at the lowest point in my life. Even the ones I got back are at best only my friends until I really need them to be there for me. Why bother?

I apologize, I know most people here really don't have those answers for me, but I'd rather vent on an anonymous imageboard than on social media where everyone is going to act concerned and then not really give a shit. I've spent the last 7 years of my life completely lost and the last 5 completely fed up.

Smoke some weed

You need a religion, anything to keep you alive until you can find a solution, a reason to live and not just survive.

do you derive any value from YOURSELF? i mean listen to what you just typed, it sounds parasitic and self-loathing. you have no internal value and only see yourself as some kind of surrogate happiness for other people. it means that you don't have a way of making yourself feel worthy of yourself. and you wonder why you're upset.

im tired and have stuff i have to do tomorrow, you should get some sleep and do the same. consider fitness or some kind of artform when it comes to self-worth, until you figure out what works for you, nothing will feel justified. and unless you want to live the rest of your life wondering why you haven't just slit your wrists and pulled the trigger, you're welcome to try my ideas.

Why would I attach myself to something I don't believe? It would only make me more miserable to lie to myself.

I can't even hold down a job longer than a few months. I have no worth in any way other than how I help others. I think that's just who I am. Art is meaningless. I tried that one. Tried going to school for it too, and it only proved to me how empty and meaningless it is and how my lack of skill and/or ability with it just shows how empty and meaningless art is. As for fitness…maybe. I used to be in decent shape.

I agree with you. I wouldn't say it is just personal barriers, it's just that society right now is on fire and no one wants to put it out.

The problem is we've advanced way too quickly with technology over the last 20 years. Technology is great and all, but once it became super easy to use, you have people who would previously be isolated for their mental problems meeting other people that start up cancerous movements, or hijack ones that started out with good intentions and ruin them.

You have people who find information, but don't know how to use it. It's a dangerous thing when you give a bunch of idiots information they don't understand.

Go for a shit. I always feel better after a shit.

You can not believe it! That is the rule because the magic's gone! Confused?! You can do it!

NICE
BLOG
FAGGOT
FAGGOT

I've seen pretty much every group or movement or hobby that i used to take solace in completely taken over by these shitstain ideologues. The punk subculture, the psychobilly subculture, the goth subculture, tabletop gaming, videogames, and even worse, the places where I should be able to find help, psychology and psychiatry, have had large portions, even public policy taken over by these sacks of burning garbage.
Hilariously enough, I spoke of some of my concerns to one of the therapists I occasionally see, who comes originally from India. He agreed with me on everything.

Society isn't just on fire, it's a rancid dumpster fire on an international scale.

I can not explain how much this helps, then the show ends and you want to slit your throat so have another one ready.

If you hate the world so much then try to do something to change it, it doesn't matter how small, as long as you do something it's worth it. Hell, you could even help a grandma do her shopping.

I've BEEN trying. For the last 7 or so years.

wew!