Hellcat X

Storytime of

Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat! #10

Despair and woe! You may have had your doubts about this comic, with your constant criticisms of "Nothing happens in this comic, it's just people talking about things we already know" and "I hope Kate Leth trips on one of her dislodged teeth and the rest tumble out of her maw like yellow, oddly shaped gumballs falling down a staircase" but it looks like issue 9 proved you all wrong! There is a story and it's tension filled and now we will see the conclusion!

For those unaware, Hedy Wolfe, ultra-nemesis to Patsy Walker (who is Hellcat, don't tell anyone) has told Mad Dog that Patsy has the cure for his disease and told Daimon Hellstrom that Patsy is going to try to murder him. The two believe this unconditionally despite Hedy having no evidence at all, attacked Patsy, and before Patsy could explain herself, Daimon sent her to a he-double hockey sticks-ish dimension! One of reflection! I'm not sure what that means! But I do know that an evil version of She-Hulk is there waiting for her! And I also know I'm on the edge of my seat and you are too!

If you want more Hellcat, why not check out these fantastic great comics?!

1: web.archive.org/web/20160113031313/http://8ch.net/co/res/492838.html
2: web.archive.org/web/20160130161306/http://8ch.net/co/res/504680.html
3: web.archive.org/web/20160323202008/http://8ch.net/co/res/531344.html
4: web.archive.org/web/20160409195005/http://8ch.net/co/res/549577.html
5: web.archive.org/web/20160523093728/http://8ch.net/co/res/574171.html
6: web.archive.org/web/20160611133028/http://8ch.net/co/res/593605.html
7: web.archive.org/web/20160702131534/http://8ch.net/co/res/608870.html
8: web.archive.org/web/20160801042803/http://8ch.net/co/res/632896.html
9: web.archive.org/web/20160902011635/http://8ch.net/co/res/671823.html

Bonus Squirrel Girl - Choose Your Own Adventure:
web.archive.org/web/20160523093537/http://8ch.net/co/res/578827.html

Bonus Mockingbird - Endourment:
web.archive.org/web/20160617224134/http://8ch.net/co/res/600767.html

Bonus Jonesy - Lamer of Love:
web.archive.org/web/20160702131657/http://8ch.net/co/res/602206.html

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kateleth/status/779493577898414080
gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=424-plummeting
gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=434-full-time-job
fairpagerates.com/year-in-review-2015-survey-results/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing is as it seems! Patsy is in Hell (or something like it), and is now reliving her life in the old Patsy Walker high school romance comic!

"Wait, how can Patsy have a introspective issue when she doesn't really do anything to begin with, let alone do anything to anyone else", you ask, horrified at the warped hatched setting signalling that this is no normal place on Earth. To that sentence, I say that maybe whatever i guess

Meanwhile Jubilee in one page explains to Mad Dog and Hellstrom that Patsy Walker gearing for murder and cure extortion is unlikely. They both agree without a second thought.

Patsy's hellish torment of hellish introspection continues! Daimon better get her out of there, and fast!

"Is this entire issue going to re-discuss things we already know about Patsy", you might ask. Well…yeah, but, you know, in a horrifying way.

I wonder how much money these people make? They have no art or writing skills, yet they make comics… how much does Marvel pay them for this?

Hey, do you remember that other thing you know about Patsy! Well, she's really angry about it! In fact, Patsy's been angry this entire issue! Belial, the demon, says that she should give into her negative impulses and become her inner demon! We're not just making shit up, Patsy has an inner demon!

>mfw I realize Leth's Hellcat lives for another issue

Surprise! I bet you thought Patsy would totally give into her inner demon and become a monster or something. Well, she would never do that! I like how Kate Leth can write these twists and turns that you never see coming.

Belial shows his true form of Robed Demon! Patsy challenges him to a fight on Earth, in hopes of freeing herself from his clutches! Patsy's soul itself is possibly on the lioh jubilee just punches him and he falls over nvm

haha i got scared there

Since when was Jubilee that powerful?

Repulsive.

Belial is not done yet! But Daimon tells him it was a huge misunderstanding, Ian who has never been in a fight before detains the demon from Hell and the group sends him away.

But maybe Belial is right and Patsy's insatiable thirst for vengeance that appears all the time and wasn't just made up the Thursday before the comic's deadline will resurface and she'll become a demon afterall.

I'm not entirely sure why you're all not cowering in fear for our hero, so I think you should read the comic again.

"Gotta help Patsy… OH WAIT, GAY ARE KISSING!"

Leth is a very easy to understand person.

Daimon and Mad Dog apologize, get anime blush lines, Jubilee blows a kiss, and the Karaoke probably won't sue Patsy and company for damages.

Well, that was a tension filled issue of talking about things we already know about and then a punch. But wait!! Who is this mysterious new villain??! It's Black Cat, and she is planning on taking out Hellcat! Since Patsy poses a clear threat to street crime! Since she's always out doing superhero things and stopping crime! What, you never saw that?

haha look at this frump

What the fuck did they do to Black Cat's costume? It looks like shit.

What the fuck, Leth?

… yeah, okay. I mean, why would Patsy do anything when she's got Jubilee there to fight all her fights and settle things with her exes for her. Why doesn't Jubilee have her bowl moments for her while we're at it.

Bravo Leth. How like you to show all of these past mistakes in Patsy's life, only to completely avoid addressing them. A true avant-garde.

I disagree. I think this issue is the best art we've gotten so far. Until the horribly textured demon showed up that is.

Dat plunge holy fuck.

Why don't we just have a Jubilee comic?

Don't you know, user? Its the CURRENT YEAR.

So even Black Cat can see that Patsy did NOTHING, and is worthless on her own… so now she has to take her down? With justification that thin you could have had ANYONE on that rooftop. Hell, it should just be Thanos, at least then you could say he's still pissed about losing his helicopter that one time.

It can't be Thanos because that would actually be clever and amusing writing, as well as an effective stinger for the next issue.

Maybe Kate finally got her scripts in on time.

That's pretty much what I imagined.

This is just awful. How is this published? How can anyone think this is good?

Different people, different strokes. This isn't rocket science. Same way NCIS manages to stay on the air despite being absolute dogshit. Some people have shit taste and money to spend, you think companies or artists wont exploit that?

CURRENT YEAR be damned, her costume was perfect before. These people just don't comprehend the perfect simplicity it had before.

anyone has the actual numbers on how is it going for Marvel progressive lines?

This ranks up there with her hate of Walt Simonson as reasons Kate Leth is a terrible human being.

That's brilliant and shows great use of meta elements to create a cohesive narrative, and the only question it leaves is who Kate Leth stole the idea from.

It's like they think they're subverting tropes, but all that happens is they continue to demonstrate they have no idea how storytelling works. You have to be able to use tropes before you can subvert them.

I guess I'm not allowed to have a good day. Thanks, OP.

Alright, now that we've gone through the unsatisfying foreplay, where's the next issue of Hellcat and her Alaskan adventures?

Oh man, for a while there I was worried that sales had levelled out. Thank god for that.

Goddamn this is gross

See the idea that Patsy is an absolutely terrible and incompetent woman child whose friends constantly have to bail her out of problems she should be able to get out of herself and only begrudgingly hang out with her in the hopes of making their own lives more interesting is an idea with merit.

It can either be a comedy about the misadventures of the world's shittiest superhero oblivious to her the increasing disdain her "friends" feel for her. Or it can be a drama about a woman who's been able to coast through life slowly coming to grips with the fact she's not a teenager or a hip college kid anymore but an adult who needs to actually grow up try to pull herself out of the hole she's created.

Thank god, though, that Kate Leth is here to give us Option C: Kate Leth Patsy Walker lives a cool life where she talks to cool people all the time and is in a lesbian relationship best friends with She-Hulk and she can even resolve any nasty issues that come up with virtually no effort on her part.

What a goddamned trainwreck…
Didn't Mad Dog raper her?

I'm genuinely stunned to find that, despite issue 4 being the last one of these I read, I haven't actually missed anything of any substance so far because literally nothing has happened.

Holy fuck, how bad does this industry have to be for a comic to sell ten fucking thousand copies and still be profitable?
How little are they paying the writers for this to not be a millstone around their banks?

that poor cat is being choked by a whale. Though seriously why do fans of this comic look like frumpy middle age cat ladies.

why does she hate Walt Simonson?

why would you think this comic is profitable?
paying a whore who blew you isn't an investment, it's an expense.

? Somebody hates Walt Simonson?
It is because she's the anti-widescreen action cartoonist and he perfected it?
Is a personal thing or just a stylistic clash?

Holy fuck my sides

It doesn't have to be profitable, it just need to be progressive because Marvel is fucking stupid and thinks that being progressive is profitable.
And in another news this issue is shit. It's good to see that this comic is pretty consistent in that.

Silly question, but before Katy Leth was Hellcat friend with all those female heroines? it is weird they never mentioned it before in the former comics, but of course continuity and good writing is patriarchy.

Because he's male.

That's clearly Walt Simonson she fears getting acknowledged in this comic.

I can't believe the fat cheesy lasagna faggot is a recurring character in this shitty "comic"
We need to bring back gulags

Hellcat in the early stages was just another hero in NYC who stopped crimes from time to time. Most other heroes usually put her off as some rabid fangirl who put on a costume because she was bored. I could be wrong because Hellcat doesn't exactly have much or any tragedy in her backstory to justify why she does this hero stuff.

Hellcat is Patsy Walker, Marvel's attempt at doing an Archie-style teenage comic. She got brought back and turned into a superhero, and it was retconned that the Achie style stories were all in-universe comics written by her mother, who had written comics about her and her teenage friends.
She stole an old costume off Tigra from before she was a furry, and her father is Satan.
So really, I guess Kathy Leth is her mother, the satan-fucking lady cartoonist.

So… a fangirl character taken by a 'fangirl' just to make her some sort of worthless Mary Sue who is now friend with all the heroines? Just saying that not all heroes should be BBF just because they have the same job, so when they do some superheroine sleepovers I wonder if they really knew anything about the characters they are writing.

How the fuck is Disney allowing this?
Shouldnt they be cracking heads at Marvel for continuing to publish shit books that noboby buys? Its a waste of money and I dont think Disney would be very pleased with one of their branchs throwing money down the drain.

Thats her back story? Wow thats actually more interesting than I thought it would be. Why aren't we getting some of that?

Movies are making bank so they don't need to give a shit about the comic division

Thing is, the sales of Hellcat are abysmal, so its not the money keeping it afloat either. Its part time nepotism (Kate sucking off some Marvel editor), part time the fact her actual wages are very small.

I wouldn't be shocked if they gave her another book to work on when Hellcat gets cancelled for the upcoming Marvel Now 2.0 relaunch, either that or they'll just relaunch the book under a new title to try and boost sales again.

So was it wishful thinking on Kate Leth's or Marvel's part that comic books are still popular enough as a medium that reprinting the Patsy Walker comics turns her into a "celebrity" over night before that "plot point" was unceremoniously dropped?

Because it was us who were in hell all along.

This is probably the most spoiled female perspective imaginable. "Like why didn't he just, like, NOT go to war?"

this entire comic is a kate leth daydream built on her own sad, go-nowhere life. only kate leth would have a daydream about hell where she confronts her past and spends the whole time defending herself and walks away neither more self-aware nor stronger as a person.

I'll be honest, I don't read this shit and just complain about it, just to prevent enragement momments like this where I can find me surprised how much of a horrible person comic 'artists' had become.

WAS THIS THE OUR AZKABAN MOMENT, CAT-HEADS?

For fuck's sake. Are they so illiterate they can't even mention a book series that was made more than 20 years ago? No, they fucking have to mention the one series that made reading some casual shit.

Harry Potter is the movile games of literature.

>it's a lot harder than that to trick a trickster

I knew there was a reason I avoided these threads

It's not hard to believe that Kate is so self-absorbed and self-obsessed that like her tumbling mass of baggy eyed selfies, this comic is just another way of promoting herself. Since she'll never improve as a writer, this behavior will just continue to get worse as she grows older and more sexually repulsive. She said her Hellcat book is pretty much non-canon, according to Marvel. If her influence consolidates, it's not too crazy to fathom that she's going to be able to make creative decisions that'll actually have some damage behind them.

Marvel for it's own good needs to end the Wil Moss/ComicAlliance clique bubble of horeshit immediate-like.

Imagine how much better this comic would be if Hellcat was actually Garfield. A Garfield that is gay for lasagna.

She married the Son of Satan at one point, so technically Satan himself was an in-law.

Shit, Patsy actually died, went to Hell, and got drawn into a conflict between Mephisto and the other Hell lords at one point. Funny thing, she also came across Mockingbird, who happened to be dead at the time.

Seems legit. Wasn't aware that Marvel operated in some sort of Star-Wars style "if you let yourself get too angry you become a really powerful Sith Lord Supervillian" system but obviously whenever I think of Marvel heroes who are obviously emotionally unstable and one bad day away from turning evil obviously Carol Danvers Patsy Walker is who I think of!

You guys suffer through this book every month, and sales show that almost no one else does. I salute you.

Now, let's look back, once again, a few years ago. And think to yourself: this is supposed to be the same character?

Son of a bitch… I need time to process this.

What a weird little mystical adventure Patsy is having now. Imagine if Patsy was having weird little mystical adventures again. Or was a charming character again. Or was attractively drawn again.

So, does this mean Patsy's current life where everyone loves her is some elaborate, cosmic lie?

I'm just reading this old book along with you guys as I post it. In my heart of hearts, I long for it to somehow explain how Patsy's current book is so shit. But I know I'll be disappointed.

And that is that for this issue. A lot of mentions of her past, but not much dwelling on it. We'll see how it goes next month.

holy shit, I remember when this was considered the "patsy walker does zany stuff" comic. how far we've fallen, now she sits around coffee shops.

back when Hellcat was actually quirky and interesting. feminists really are incapable of simple things like imagination and originality.

This is so good! I hope Hellcat gets back to this level of writing and illustration soon.

With the way Marvel has been going? I wouldn't count on anything improving any time soon.

This is now my headcanon.

Patsy is such a weird fucking character. Like, I really don't understand the reasoning behind keeping her around and turning her into a superhero eventually. Did fans of her old books really flock to her adventures as Hellcat later?

But here is Patsy and Hedy's first appearance in the Marvel U proper: Fantastic Four Annual 3. Before this, Patsy actually had a few

And to continue down this trip down memory lane, Defenders 89, that deals with Patsy's mother's death a bit. I'll skip some parts with Daredevil and Mandrill.

Somebody should to her, CC'd to Marvel Editorial, about how offensive and insensitive this treatment of PTSD is.

And isn't it interesting that her past mistakes are all about her relationships with men and She-Hulk?

I don't know if this is the first time it's explained that her old books were all a fabrication, but it might be. Let's go on a bit more, because the next few pages are worth it.

BEANS, MUTHA FUCKERS! Remember when comic books were stupid AND fun?

Someone's gonna have Hulk-sized gas for the next couple of days with all the beans they're eating.

Yet another bit of insight into Leth's method. Leth's Meth I like to call it.

Seriously though, she looks like someone who scarfs down pills of some sort. Probably xanax but maybe oxy if she's got the hoarse voice of a pain pill addict.

For some reason I was thinking "no because her original superhero series lasted four issues in the '70s" but realized I was confusing it with Claws of the Cat (which was Tigra pre-Tigra). She became a superhero because, of course, Englehart waifu'd the fuck out of her and wanted to use her after her cameo in that Fantastic Four annual.

Speaking of which, Avengers 144. I skip a lot of the issue.

So, we get all the exposition we could possibly need, and Patsy is down with it! Let's get this shit done!

"Naw, you seem too eager, I changed my mind."
Don't be a dick, Cap.

And there you go, more or less how a 40s romance magazine comic star became a superhero… I'm honestly more confused about why then I was when we started.

OH SHIT, I JUST REALIZED THIS WAS BACK WHEN IRON MAN HAD A NOSE!

A '40s romance star created by Otto Binder of all people. She must have been relatively popular since she supported TWO ongoing romance comics up until the mid-'60s.

Man, this is a great backstory.

I should add that since Satan is her father, she married her brother.

Man, someone should storytime the Mad Dog stories by Ty Templeton, those were funny AF.

They knew.

You mean the current crew didn't even create the meta-explanation for the origin of Patsy Walker comics? There is literally nothing of value in these current issues. LITERALLY NOTHING

Wow..uh, that's..um…that's pretty contrived :\

But most damning
Shit taste confirmed

of course there's a woman splooshing at watching two guys making out. But when it's two girls and a man watching is objectification and sexism.

Fucking feminist, gays are not your pets

So hopefully only 2 more issues of this shit, right?

I mean, 12 issues seem to be the average runtime of SJW pandering stuff before it gets canned.

I want to believe.

humanity was a mistake

Somebody should edit the lower left panel to say 'Patsy Walker, aka Hellcat continues on into 2018.' Because we all know that would be the real nightmare.

So wait, if they're making a new, darker She-Hulk book, is She-Hulk pretty much out of this one? Rhodey and Thanos saved her?

Fortunately it doesn't seem to be the case

Oh, if this issue can fall below 10K, I'll be very happy.

Oh user…

How much of this garbage is just traced paper animu? She doesn't even try to hide it.

the other thread we came up with the theory that the rushed and shitty art is also Leth's fault. She leaves writing to the last minute (those tweets are not going to post themselves!) so by the time the artist gets the script to work on, she is on a ridiculous deadline already (wouldn't surprise me 1-3 days) and she has to take all the shortcuts she can: tracing, lazy anatomy, rushed lines…

That would also explain why the covers almost NEVER have anything to do anything with the comic inside. The artist needs to actually put some time into the cover so she has to guess or just make shit up to make ends met.

notice how this issue's cover looks way shittier than others and it actually is relevant to the plot.

That seems likely.
twitter.com/kateleth/status/779493577898414080

Wait, pic 1 is official? I could have fucking drawn it. And I don't get a fucking job and consider my skill ridiculous.

Why isn't she fixing when the lines cross too far over other lines and stick out?

Holy shit I wasted my life. I tried too hard, told myself I suck, I should already work at Marvel.

I'm on the fence with Brittany Williams. To me, she's a passable artist, at times good, but at the same time, she's black, so it makes me think she's a sjw pet.

So I'm torn between her being lazy, Leth being lazy, or a combination of the two.

Why is America obsessing over Prisoner of Azkaban being good and dark? It was the worst of those movies imo. Ron's fucking jokes which are repeated several times. The lame season transitions represented by the tree, also with repeating animation. The werewolf design. The butchered plot. The last-minute time travel substory (which could have solved all problems in future movies).

It's awful.

I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want to work on the series and decided to half-ass her art on purpose so it would get cancelled.

It only reminds me why I don't show teeth when I smile for pics. It always makes you look fuckin stupid.

HOW THE HELL ARE THESE PICTURES BY THE SAME ARTIST??? She's got a clean style that can apparently look pretty damn good. But it relies on a balance of simple details. If she's rushed, you get the Patsy book, and there are no simple details, it's just SIMPLE. Simple, ugly and lazy.

She should quit, because the book that is coming out can do nothing but hurt her reputation.

Welp… shit.

And the Hellcat in Alaska story only has 5 issues. I meant to post the last of it along since issue 12 of this, since I assumed that would be the end of it all. Apparently there will be no escape after that.

I'd much rather be in Hell than reading this abomination

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

What stellar writing

There are actual people out there that pay real money for this shit. Think about that. Isn't it frightening?

Kate Leth's career is like a monkey paw wish

It was directed by a Mexican (Alfonso Cuarón) so they can do that Virtue Signalling thing.

She is probably under contract and regretting every second of it.

We are in hell and this is our punishment

Hell? In what Hell are we allowed to watch a person thoroughly reveal how completely sad, pathetic, and shallow they are in comic book format?

Is it one of those sad Hells out Dickins? Where we are formless phantasms, forced to helplessly witness Leth's pitiful self degradation?

Gee, I wonder who hellcat will get to fight blackcat for her so she can spend her time blogging.

Is that the only Harry Potter he made? Because the others were good.

But to me, 3 sticks out like a sore thumb.

Maybe she rushes cause she thinks its shit.

That's because he was offered to direct it despite not having read the book.That after the director of the first two movies stated he was "burnt out". Cuarón later said on interviews he was nervous about that (the money offered certainly calmed him)

After that he decided to opt out and they brought another director.

I think a previous thread theorised that Leth turns her stream-of-consciousness scripts in at the last possible moment, leaving the artist to blast through it as fast as she can.
or she just hates the turd that's been dumped on her lap
maybe it's her creating these threads. "Ya see what I have to put up with?"

That would be magical.

I would buy every single comic of her next non-Leth project if it turns out the artist is behind these threads.

Why is BC slumming it with some riff-raff gang of teenyboppers like a modern Fagin? Surely there's some z-list joke character abandoned by current writers you could use instead? And why put cat's eyes to draw attention to the boobs while zipping up to cover the cleavage? Isn't Leth a lesbian? Why is she de-sexing one of Marvel's most iconic femme fatales?

That's a good question. And will this Black Cat stuff bring up whatever happened in this series (that I never read)? Maybe I'll start posting it after the Patsy series in Alaska wraps up. I mean, how bad can "Sex in the City in the Marvel Universe" be?

She's the typical online artist you'd find on Tumblr or Deviantart before it. She grew up knowing nothing but anime and aped it. Never really had to improve either. She got competent at her style but only in the form of one off/pin up style pieces. The kind of shit that makes for a nice single image or wallpaper or something.

But when it comes to actually having to draw a comic or comic page, all of her limitations shine. Boring paneling and page layouts that don't take advantage of the medium to properly shoot or pace the scene, stiff action and direction, etc.

You see this in lots of other online artists and such, a perfect example of it is Yamino who can do pin-up stuff just fine but her actual comic looks like (and is) shit.

gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=424-plummeting

gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=434-full-time-job

Look at that on the other hand. Despite Gob being an inferior artist on a technical level, as a comic artist he's vastly superior and those comics are infinitely more interesting and well put together visually than anything comic Williams has ever drawn.

I miss her. Thats some good artwork there.

Original content coming through!

I always find it funny that the art here on Holla Forums is better than the art in the book.

SHE DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING FIGHT THE GODDAMN DEVIL
==SHE TELLS THE GUY SHE'LL FIGHT HIM AND SOMEONE ELSE HAS TO DO IT FOR HER==
I AM FUCKING LIVID WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS GARBAGE HOLY FUCKING SHIT

It's a low bar, but I've seen a lot of anons here out-art'ing some of the comics we storytell.

I haven't seen such a born-again virgin since Ally McBeal.

It hurts is genuinely the best webcomic right now. Not even kidding.

fuck

it's a hell for us, user

If I had to guess, less than artists and writers who are actually GOOD would demand. It's probably WHY they hire them in the first place.

Kate would talk about how she's broke on Twitter…I figure if you're writing a comic for Marvel, the biggest and most popular comic book company right now, you'd have enough money to at least pay the bills. More evidence that Marvel hires a bunch of unskilled Comics Alliance nobodies and pays them in pennies that fall behind the lobby couch.

Then again, when your comic is this and you're consistently raking in less than 15,000 sales, maybe you deserve to be paid in pennies and spider-man triple action web blasters. It's not like Marvel really needs to make good comics–with the movies they're making more money than they could ever need and the promotion through said movies is enough to get casual readers to paw through some comics.

Damn, how do I get hired?

That's the price you pay when you value prestige over money. Leth is desperate for popularity.

Do like Kate and start sucking cocks with your yellow rotten meth use teeth filled mouth.

Of course at the same time a lot of these self-important sociopaths like to exaggerate in order to elicit awe (see stdh.txt "everyone stood up and clapped" style stories) or sympathy (overplaying their problems). Marvel could be paying her like shit, surely she's not making the big bucks, but I'm more inclined to believe that she's doing fine for herself and has enough money for bills/food/etc. and likely is bitching that she doesn't have unlimited money to spend on all the dumb knick knacks and other bullshit she totally needs to live.

According to her twitter location she lives in fucking Burbank, CA. If you're making enough money to live there then you're not hurting and if you're not then pack and and move to fucking Delaware or North Dakota or some other cheap nothing state where you can live a little more comfortably.

Wait…Is that just a batman mask with eyebrows painted on it?

It's likely that Leth had to throw something together at the last minute to make those letters seem legit.

I'm convinced this is all just a trend. Do you all remember when Marvel tried for an anime audience back in the early 2000s? Not just with the Mangaverse, but a slight shift in artist changes with who could pull off the style a bit? I think this might just be one of those. Marvel thinks that pastel colored SU-infested mentality of art is popular, and hopefully it'll all go back to normal in another year or two.

Hopefully. I mean, there's no way this shit can be accepted at Marvel comics for a real amount of time.

fairpagerates.com/year-in-review-2015-survey-results/

Let's be generous and say she earns $50 per page because inflation adjustment/blowjobs, that's still $1000 a month. Wouldn't that be barely enough to pay rent and food on CA?

You know what's the saddest thing? They actually hire good studios and do actually good anime movies. The Punisher and Black Widow movie was pretty good.

Wow, Marvel is really paying them nothing.

$1000 per month would cover rent in California, and that's about it. Maybe if you live somewhere really shitty or tiny you'd have some money left over for groceries.

No wonder why Kate Leth is the kind of talent they can afford. $120 it's not exactly great though, but a competent writer can come up with 20 comic pages in less than week so for them those $1600 are weekly instead of monthly.

Now, cranking up some numbers and assuming they get paid around the minimum (because if there is another marvel series other than Squirrel girl paying less than Hellcat to their staff, it's the greatest injustice of the universe) $1000 for the script, $4000 for the art, $1600 for color and a shitty cover at $450, that gives us the monthly cost of making this abomination comes up to roughly $7000 plus printing costs

I'm assuming they make 1 dollar of profit for each comic sold (probably more) and that would explain why even hovering around 10k units sold it's not a complete failure –although a terrible investment when you sink up probably ten grand on producing each issue.

It's worse than you could ever imagine

Jesus Christ, $1100 to live in South Central?
Ten years ago you could rent a studio apartment in San Francisco for a thousand.

You could get a 4-5 room apartment for rent here with the cheapest price in that chart. Holy fuck. Who else but spoiled rich children would choose to live there?

Well, shes not inept at least. She has skill. So the reason for the bad quality in art is somewhere else. Either bad management of the project, or shes simply just lazy.

leftist scumbags who feel like they have to live in a shitty cosmopolitan city because they fell for the urban life is best life meme. Of course she lives in the whitest area most likely and never encounters good niggers. Or she's just cruising for more married rich men she can fuck

Of course it is. That's how mainstream comics always try to get new readers, but implementing surface change. It's putting a fresh coat of pain on a pinto.

This is why veteran cartoonists are warning newbies to stay the fuck away from mainstream comics. The hours and grief aren't worth the pay.

This. Take Kill Six Billion Demons. The author makes as much as if he were paid by Marvel to write/line/color, but he gets to work at his own pace, and also make an extra buck from selling the printed stuff on Amazon.

He also doesn't have to suck cock. That's another big detriment to working for mainstream comics, you have to suck a lot of cock and take a lot of abuse to work at either of those publishers. I still remember the horror stories from the New 52 where editors were making life hell for their talent.

Tell us of these horror stories

Hope you're sitting down fam.

People in San Francisco have trouble sitting down

Oh great, another bubble about to burst out.

That cat has the same face I do when reading this shit

$1,425 a month to live in fucking Bayview?? God damn.

why do you read it? just look at the comments of people reading it and then next thread read the review pic

It's not the sign of a good writer when Jubilee points out how dumb it is for both of them to believe Hedy without any proof at all.