Are they ever going to open up new account creation again? Protonmail a shit

Are they ever going to open up new account creation again? Protonmail a shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

privacytools.io/#email
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They will never open again...

tfw you got 2 emails already

I fucked up!

Do you lot think opmb might kick the bucket? I actually have a few important things linked to that email.

Couldn't they just charge a fixed amount, or at least tell people how much they would need per user like Wikipedia does? I don't mind paying for a good service, but I would also like to know that the service will stay for the foreseeable future.

Shit, I wasn't aware they were doing so bad. I guess I need to get my shit together, because I have my to much attached to them, I have four accounts with them, I have all my personal email with them, all accounts tied to them, and even my work email is openmailbox.
just fuck my shit up

What's wrong with ProtonMail?

No client support and a shitty limit on number of recipients you can mail out to with any given mail.

the best way is to get a cheap domain name and a cheap vps

setting up email on a vps is a huge pain in the ass but once it's done it's done, and your not gonna need $20k euro's in infrastructure to run it for youself

Nigger go host your own domain and set up your own mail server then.

L2PAY for good products and actually get some protection under consumer laws.

Protonmail is the best mail provider. It can only get better if the DIME protocol is finished and adopted.

You are cancer.

Openmailbox blows the protonmail the fuck out.

i feel that cock.li is your best choice atm

another email provider list
privacytools.io/#email

And yet it keeps its servers in a country with objectively worse privacy laws.

Shill elsewhere.

Come on you fucking retard, at least make a refutation. You just look like a spaz

If you can't afford $45 a year for actually-secure email, it's time to get a job.

Yep. If it's a hosted service and it's entirely free, you're the product. ProtonMail only has a free tier to spur adoption of encryption, if you like it, get the paid service. Ditto for openmailbox, they will die without sufficient funds to keep the service running.

Do you have any paid services you could recommend?

I personally use protonmail and pay for it. Yes, there are weird quirks to client access. But they have said that proper client access is on their radar, and they're one of the few providers that can't read your stored emails on their servers. Plus, Switzerland is a decently neutral place to have the servers hosted.

There is also Tutanota, but the servers are in Germany and IIRC, they have some of the same quirks as protonmail. No freedom there. Both of these solutions have open sourced their code.

I know that client access is a big deal for protonmail adoption around here, but they're really innovating in a very empty market. It's good enough that I'd recommend it as an alternative to Gmail for normies.

Protonmail stores your private key and serves you the js used to encrypt and decrypt your mails. They can read your email any time they want, if they are so inclined. All it takes it modifying a few lines of js.

Switzerland has mutual legal assistance treaties with the U.S. and many other countries. Swiss authorities cooperate fully with those countries. If your government has an MLAT with Switzerland, and wants data about you from Protonmail, Switzerland will compel them to hand it over. Nobody at Protonmail HQ is going to prison for you. Not even a Swiss prison.