So, the "social justice" types are now burning books such as Fahrenheit 451, Animal Farm...

So, the "social justice" types are now burning books such as Fahrenheit 451, Animal Farm, and 1984; because they view these books as propaganda against the future that they envision…

Other urls found in this thread:

lulz.net/furi/res/3362757.html#i3362874
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol. Well at least they're a little bit self-aware.

nice semi-colon, faggot

Pretty sure this is satire m8

What evidence do you have that "SJWs" as a whole, or even a sizable portion of them are doing this, beyond this one stand alone picture that is probably just satire because Fahrenheit 451 is about book burning.

It was a copy pasta from lulz. I wanted a thread here for discussion.

Satire is a spook, muh property.

Delicious.

I would totally burn Fahrenheit 451, because it's not about book burning or anti-intellectualism. It's a more well articulated rendition of an old man bitching that new things are evil and dumb like TV, even though he himself had a TV program decades ago.

Here's the thread: lulz.net/furi/res/3362757.html#i3362874

Have fun!

Not to mention that burning your own, personal copy of a book doesn't really constitute what people think of when you say "book burning". It isn't denying anyone access to their own or a public copy.

These people are our enemies.
Never forget.
These people cannot ever be our allies.

Orwell would be crying right now…

What did Orwell have against drinking fruit-juice? :(

Christina Hoff Sommers is junk though

OMG EVIL TOTALITARIANISM SOMEONE STOP THEM
lol it's called freedom sandniggers need to deal w/ it

The fact she pisses off all those other identitarian fascist makes her relatively alright in my book. Not saying I agree with her on the feminism part of course. Who needs that when you have Anarchism.

fruit-juice is bourgeois

tbh, I think getting triggered over burning books is a bit of an overreaction, unless it's on a mass, organized scale.

It was a health nut thing back in the day.

She's a conservative who works for the AEI. You might as well support Trump along with her.

Didn't know. She keeps saying she's a democrat, but yes, their hardly left.

Trump is a little better than Hillary though. If he actually smashes idpol and TPP that be fine enough. There is still the possibility he is lying about those still, however.

CHS is a registered Democrat fwiw

THE JOYS OF BOOK BURNING, OH BOY!

If fruit juice is bourgeois, then pretty much every processed good sold in supermarkets is bourgeois. lol.

Fruit juice is bad because it contains all the sugar from fruit (often times with added sugar too) without the fibre from the fruit flesh. Which will skyrocket your blood sugar.

You should make a habit of drinking water. Even drinks with artificial sweeteners could be potentially bad for you.

I mostly drink water to hydrate. But I do drink artificially sweetened juice or partially artificially sweetened Gatorade (G2) once per day with a meal. And I drink artificially sweetened cola once a week with pizza. Since I don't think I can stomach water or Gatorade with pizza. Other than that, I have milk with my morning coffee. And milk with cereal or a peanut butter sandwich or something. Apparently dairy is evil according to the low-carb nuts. Because it contains sugar (I think natural sugar from the cow milk but who knows if they add sugar to it). Even though western civilization has consumed dairy well before obesity became an epidemic.

But user, killing myself with soda is so nice.
I try to curb it a little anyway so I don't get too used to it to enjoy it

Yeah, it's more just a social signalling devise for some of the laziest 'edgy' faggots around

I'm pretty sure it was a joke

Revolutionary my fam. Those books are spooky bourgeois garbage.

It's about the symbolism.

The veganism of his time, I guess.

It's the same, tbh. Only reactionaries are ok with burning even mein Kampf.

Plant revolution nyao!!1

No it isn't.

PLANTS HAVE SOULS TOO!

So, symbols are spooks?

Tbh I don't even care because Farenheit is utter fuckin trash. Seriously, I've literally never read such pretentious garbage before (not even here), and the prose reads like Bradbury had his head stuck too far up his own ass to see what he was typing. Worthless.

And Animal Farm is just a shitty overextended allegory. I feel like Orwell could have just written a short essay critiquing the Union and gotten his (really, really unoriginal and exhausted) point across easier. I have the same issue with 1984.

OP is a fucking moron. It's obviously an ironic joke. Stop thinking SJWs are lurking around every corner like Holla Forums does with DA JEEEEEEWWWWWWWWS!

I rly like sandals and fruit juice tho

Hello Tankie!

Not even a tankie. Art just needs to be taken seriously and I don't care if the politics is agreeable or not. The fact is, Fahrenheit is bad art and Bradbury is a bad artist.

Can we at the very least burn Brave New World? That was solid head up arse useless trash

Kk.

Most def, my negro.

Fuckin Huxley could have at least tried for subtlety.

Fruit juice WAS bourgeois, since that quote comes form a book from the 30's and the majority of preservatives that made canned food and prepared juices easy to distribute and store for a considerable time.
Back then it seems to be mostly canned concentrate/frozen juice concentrate or you get the fruit squeezed on site.
Disclaimer: I am an uncultured fuck, this is the result of some quick googling.

There also seemed to be all kinds of fads about the properties of juices( especially citrus) going around, making absurd claims to sell their products.
In the situation Orwell wrote those he referred to orange juice as we would to day to the weird ass food fads that crop up from rubbish magazines ,
promising that if you eat this exotic bullshit, you will be rejuvenated 20 years , be manlier and better at sex or whatever bullshit they use to trick the gullible/uninformed.

WEW LAD TALK ABOUT IRONY

"Objective analysis" doesn't factor into subjective qualifiers such as "good" and "bad" you dumb shitbox

Ray Bradbury is one of the best American sci-fi writers ever tbh, and calling Fahrenheit 451 pretentious and then writing this shit is some fine irony. Kill yourself

Mangosteen was the exotic fruit du jour for this sort of thing not even fifteen years ago.

A 100-page novella is "oxerextended"?

Shh, anything longer than the Wikipedia article is too much for his attention span to handle.

Why are they doing this?

Lel, leftists are mad that someone thinks exercising sexual restraint is a good thing

you smell like a nazi faggot

the war against boys is a piece of shit book.

further evidence that leftists are impulsive herd animals whose entire political ideology is based around anger that they can't indulge their impulsive interests.

this

Literally poisoning the well.

Did Christina touch you in your bad place Lenin hat?

If these people were born in the 14th century they would have been in the Inquisition. They cannot be tolerated.

Except for the fact that…you know…the inquisition was largely organized and sanctioned to the point where the accused weren't allowed to see the evidence against them, unlike how you can clearly see fire coming from the (formerly) owned, personal books.

Further proof that leftists can only steal superior right wing memes and respond poorly to the psychoanalysis of their political ideologies

Thanks for more conjectures; it's appreciated! You're always welcome to stay here and theorize with the rest of us poor, misunderstood smart-people.

Be fair compare it to your average book by another rando feminist

Implying most SJWs wouldn't fap to the idea of being the new Inquisition.

You caugh em

If this offends you, I can only imagine how pissed you'll be when you find out what libraries do with weeded books.

Yes, they are technically burning books, but showing your symbolic disapproval for a book by burning your personal copy and what we think of by the phrase "book burning" are two very different things.

The old style "book burning" was getting all of the copies of books you didn't want read and burning them, destroying them permanently. Back in the days before the internet, when literature played a more primary role in passing information between people, it was a way of attempting to kill an idea, at least within a certain space.

I'll admit it right now thay smug expression on her cunt face is actually kind of triggering. Bitch rustled my jimmies.

Further proof that leftists respond to perfectly valid criticisms with directionless snark, to deflect serious thought on the subject.

lol

see
Scifi is also a shit genre in general, even if the genre itself has theoretical appeal.

Fuck off with your idpol faggot

CHO is garbage anyway, she never gets any shit from the right for not simply calling herself an "Egalitarian" when they want other Feminists to do the same or any other shit.

Double standard for BASED MOM can blow me, fam.

CHS*