Writing thread 4: anons are actually doing shit edition

1: archive.is/OpOtF
2: archive.is/0Lw38
3: archive.is/5QrVi
Last one hit bump limit.
Post ideas.
Ask questions.
Continue what you were talking about.

For the newcomers, to avoid confusion, if you're the author of an idea, shameless namefag, preferably on your work's name.
I'm also posting content from the guys who actually posted content in last thread, they could post the rest of their content later.

Pics in order. 1; Akane Daichi, 2; MIST, 3; Oberland, 4; Vacuum, 5; Vanguard Knockouts.
Fast pitch synopsis.

Akane Daichi: Akane was a sick child all her life, in the afterlife she made a deal with paranormal forces who promised her a second chance, now being revived into something that's barely human she has to deal with a demon living in her hair, a mysterious organization of demon hunters, angels and quite something else beyond that.

MIST: In Salem, MA. the Mythic Institute of the Strange and Terrifying revolves around the Salem Underground an organized crime syndicate composed of Mystics and Mythical Beings.

Oberland: In a post-apocalyptic ice age future Earth where all kind of things can happen. Is a viscious world, but kids from different backgrounds live in somewhat civilized winter society day by day. Wake up, go to school, hang with your buddies, be nice to your parents, hail the overlord with ambiguous morality, avoid being lured the sacrificial cults, steer clear of the forest monsters, stay in doors when the pirates come for slave raiding, hope feudal lord senpai notices me etc etc.

Vacuum: Centuries in the future the humans have made colonies all around the solar system and slightly beyond out of that.
The far colonies are rebelling against the main government trying to be their own nations since they're so far away with their own cultures and politics
The government, which is as bad as your overall government but bigger. The rebellion isn't really a cup of tea either filled with loathing assholes and just a group of space privates can train to be the best among everyone, because otherwise it'll be a fucking disaster for all of us.

Vanguard Knockouts: The local super hero team is already a decades-old organization, the world has been saved countless times, grudges have long been settled and new ones have arisen. Earth-Knockout is a busy place. Thank god a hot super heroin can relax with some lewd steamy sex.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!n0FQ2YBI!dO1vq31wRwhBdnYlo-ghlzLphbHW3OQrhrX0HPeLrFo
mega.nz/#F!es1BSKQR!spODyd0iaQmMelGA2GscFw
krita.org/download/krita-desktop/
youtube.com/user/sycra
8ch.net/co/res/690796.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MIST also deals with any supernatural incidences around the world

Yeah, but Salem was catchy, if we go full world it makes Salem go tiny.
I'm talking Pitch related.

Get back in here, schmucks. We're coming back for…
ROUND 4

Thanks for having this thread up and running so quickly, you get +10 good boy points.

They deal with mostly Salem, tho… since Salem is a supernatural hotspot

I like this writing thread, user. Nice and comfy. I think I'll be staying here for a while.

Also,

I like that, too. One tiny mistake though: The local superhero team is The Knockouts and they've only been active for a couple years. The decades-old organization is The Alliance, the Justice League expy.

So, I said before that I was drafting the first short fapstory of The Knockouts. Things are going well and I've got a solid idea of how things are going to play out for the next couple of installments. However, I underestimated how lengthy the supposed "short" stories were going to be. Part One is easily going to surpass 10k words, maybe even 20k.

I know that when writing shit, authors trim fat all the time, but I've been trying to keep to the plot as closely as possible already. Remember that I'm not writing full-blown novels. Is 20k a good length?

I'm not you're schmuck, shyster.

I like Black Cat

anyone good at drawing? Because my usual artist isn't available at the moment…

Is your artist PipSQK by any chance?

OK, we all know it from the previous thread, this is a low activity hour.
Anyways, man, promising a thread as continuing from one as big as the last one and being just barely able to deliver is stressful.

But take in mind it took 4 days to fill it.
With 7 guys and 4 other ones that contribute with comments.

We're a sad minority of dedication in the board.

Makes sense, especially with everything that went down with the Witch Hunts.

These writing threads have been what keep me coming back to Holla Forums, bitching about comics can only be so entertaining for so long, but actually contributing towards something as fun as this is really fantastic.

Good taste detected.

who?

The Irony is that is the Witch that's on the hunt…

we lurkers appreciate your efforts though

Oh so it's not him then. I just though his and your artist's styles look similar.

Ah well, as long as we are around, it's more than fine. It's not a race to fill up this thread towards its breaking point but rather enjoying the company of other people who are contributing while also working on their stories.

That sounds ominous, but it's interesting to see more stories set in Salem as its setting. Don't get a lot of those anymore.

Hope you're having a good time like the rest of us.

Yeah, I'm hoping to find another artist on the mean time to help me with Jolie's Step Mother's design

I storytimed a New Mutants run for all to enjoy, but it got nuked by the PG autist.

MJ and Cat are tied for me. That's one reason I probably shouldn't write Spider-Man. I'd just have Pete fuck them both and become the Spider-Pimp.

(me)

Never forget Holla Forums's very own lolcow. It was the best of times, it's was the most autistic of times.

Unfortunately, Marvel has destined Peter Parker to be a cuck for the rest of his existence, having his women stolen away by whatever new progressive replacement Marvel feels like creating to replace him. I wake up everyday and smile knowing I'm not being cucked like Parker.

They'll all burn.

In an oven, right?

What was that?

As the tradition dictates.

Naturally. People who'd rather go for cuckoldry than go for harems deserve the oven, it's just the truth.

Feast your eyes.
>>>/cow/225161

It'd take a bit to explain and I don't want to clog up this thread with off-topic discussion, but basically this retard is complaining about people posting Jojo stuff on Holla Forums, so he makes constant thread after thread about it, and eventually slips into a position of power on the board, randomly deleting any thread he wanted, nuking half the board before being kicked. He was probably an actual autistic guy.

Oh dear…
anyways…
Sorry for the Potato Quality, my scanner doesn't work

OP
Here are the curves that lil' Gale's hiding

If only I had a shred of talent for drawing, maybe I could draw my characters as well, but at the moment I could only use reference images.

Here's the general look for Akane, ghoulish but remaining feminine and pretty thanks to her demon's obsession with beauty.

I don't have talent for drawing.
Doesn't keep me for trying. Badly.

Not a feet fag but there's something about her waist down is so well done.

hence why Gale wears a short skirt…

Anyone up to draw Pokemon Trainer Chan?

A little doodling and some research never hurts. Pic related is one of my character's mom (who passed away). Still trying to git gud on both drawing and writing.

Nice drawing,brah

wew.

That's actually really nice.

Alright, so I've been writing a new character, Akane's roommate to be exact. Lou Cromwell, having the special ability of seeing spectral beings through his camera. Once he takes a picture of them, he can continuously see them at times when others cannot. He always has his camera on hand for taking those important shots to reveal where the next unearthly creature is hiding away from the naked eye.

Of course, not only this but being roommates with a sexy demon girl means always trying to get a good pervert shot, right?

She needs to make use of her assets, and if it's her legs, then she should show them off as best she can.

That's a great design. You have a real knack for drawing there, friend. Keep on practicing. There's no hope for me when it comes to drawing though.

If only I could, I definitely would draw more of that cutie.

You have some good drawing skills.

At the very least you didn't make her rotund.

Yessy, Gale does it to compensate for her low self-esteem

Well, She was the first girl from MIST to be signaled out as the Waifu

It's clear that she is solid waifu material, obviously. I think that's an honor, really.

Yeah… I think Heather "Pokemon Trainer Chan" Clarke, Marietta von Krieg and Gale Shellingford are the Waifus

I think I'd go for Marietta as my waifu. Something about the way she looks with those stern eyes that really makes me diamonds.

I'm certain someone here is drawing lewds of them…

Fucking great, I love that is pastel and slightly see trough. That is a great combination.

2 hours.
34 posts.
Just great.
Today was a very tiring day not counting anything related to this.
So gonna go to sleep.
Watching some Mystery Incorporated before bed.

That's a neat add.
Where do they live.
I imagine like a rented room in a bad place of the city.
But her room'so window is just at the level of the freeway. That means everything else in the neighborhood is under it so its constantly dark.
Humid place, a lot of ponds in the streets reflecting the green neon lights.
Her room it has green wallpaper with subtle vertical black pattern.
There's the classic light bulb emitting its yellow light, everything else is brown "wet wood" with red books in the shelves.
And there's those green glass reading lampshades, cause they live above a library.
The building is also green, but its never the same green, green neon lights, green dark paint on the building and light green in her room.
The street is gray and there are red and brown buildings.
Many old men talking in the streets.

I just couldn't pull it out of my head.

For me, it's Trixie. She a cute.

(me)

I really like the detail of her bowtie turning into devil horns. Nice touch.

She actually reminds me of a superheroine.

Thank you for the feedback, man

She's inspired by Ghost Rider so yeah she should… She's also on a one girl crusade against the Salem Underground

I sure hope so, I can only hope this is true.

Great taste, man. I think I'm going to go to bed as well, it's 3AM where I am and I need to refuel a bit before I start contributing to the thread again tomorrow.

Damn, that's definitely a detailed way to paint their living arrangements, but you're more than right. They definitely live in a cramped place in a less-than-desirable place of the city, but at least they can keep each other company since they're spending their time having intense, passionate lovemaking sessions together as two very close friends do.

I love that design of her suit and the way it transforms when she does. It's clear that there are a lot of inspirational features from Ghost Riders, but it really does compliment her. Plus, that wink of hers does something to me on a spiritual level, it speaks to my soul.

I hadn't noticed them until you mentioned them. That really is a subtle feature that some wouldn't spot if they weren't paying attention to the details.

Tomorrow is a new Day
GOODNIGHT GLORIOUS FAGGOTS

Thanks man, your designs are great too. Will take up on the request on doodling PTC.

Thanks user.

Will do, user.

That's very good to hear, and thank you for your input. To be very honest, I steer away from drawing fat characters (thicc and curvy are fine) since I find them unattractive and don't really want to attract the tumblr crowd that likes that shit.

I'm very happy to hear that, and thank you. Though to be very honest, I kinda winged it on the coloring, which is another thing that I need to practice on.

Trixie looks like a fun girl to hang with, and I like the summon design especially the flow effect and the shading of the spikes on the gloves.

Vid related is just a song to summarize the character's mom, whose fate is almost similar to the ending of the little mermaid's tale.

Since you drew your character's mom… Why not
Draw my character's Mom?
(Head and Hair more like this tho rather than the colored one)
And she's a fairy also go with the color palette yellow similar to Tinkerbell's yellow glow

and here's her daughter, via adoption

Jolie's Trixie's Girlfriend

Will get to PTC and fairy milf later today. in the meantime, here's a preview, and good night

uh, she's only suppose to be 12 inches tall but okay

Just realized the prospective… I'm fucking dumb

Just posting a few art guides for all the practising artists here.

Famous Artists Cartoon Course: mega.nz/#!n0FQ2YBI!dO1vq31wRwhBdnYlo-ghlzLphbHW3OQrhrX0HPeLrFo
>>>/loomis/ guides: mega.nz/#F!es1BSKQR!spODyd0iaQmMelGA2GscFw
Krita, the best free painting program: krita.org/download/krita-desktop/
Drawing tutorials by Sycra: youtube.com/user/sycra

Hope these help!

Thank you, user

Things are getting DANGEROUSLY namefaggy in here.

read the op

Doesn't make it any less namefaggy. Up to Pt. 3 we did well without names, and now it has been incorporated to the unofficial OP rules. What I am saying is that this will eventually degenerate into a stagnating circlejerk that gets no new participants because they will enter, see a bunch of tripfags talking to each other about something about their project mentioned seven threads ago and get out since they won't understand a thing.
First two threads had no names and some of the people here already posted in there without a problem. They posted about their stories anonymously, and people commented on them, and people understood who was the guy behind the idea and who was a random commenter. There is no need to namefag.
I don't know, but first two threads felt way more dynamic. People went there, posted their ideas, opinions, advices, questions… and people replied with whatever they thought. Then in Pt. 3 this thread started using names, even though there was no need, and now Pt. 4 has, what, 10 Anonymous posts out of 61? The flow has been broken, it's no longer about coming in, posting about something and getting instant feedback, it's about dumping everything about a single work, then waiting for the five guys who have been following it since the start to praise it to heaven and back.
It's okay if you want to keep using your names, but at least try to use it only when strictly necessary. First two threads were pretty fucking good, and I don't want this to turn into yet another subcommunity tripfag circlejerk.

Is this better?

I don't like it eirher and you don't have to follow the rules, this is Holla Forums after all.
But there was some point when it stopped being a classic writefag thread and more about this 5 guys who legitimately started foing their work.
Nobody else entered the thread so it only felt right but you mentioned very well the evils of names in a boards, so let's do this, I'm dropping the name, but if this shit gets confusing again and nobody else gets in I'll have to use it.

sorry for slips, I just waked up.

So anyways, resposting chapter 1 in case anyone new wants to read it.

I'm up for it

well, there it is.

Just a question; assuming you writefags had the money/income, which artist(s) are you gonna commission to make art of your work?

Anyone, because I really want MIST to be an animated series of some sort

Well, actually looking in Readcomiconline for one.

Do you guys know one that makes realistic human proportions but with not many detail and not smooth lighting, I want a very contrasting work of lights.
But also breaks the proportions for the cause of action movement?

I'm still looking for artwork but fucking Civil War has 11 pages of cover.
Can you suck your own dick even harder?

No one. I haven't seen an artist with a style that would work for my story. I want something with a Gothic and spooky edge to it, that could work as both creepy and light. Soul Eater anime probably has the closest overall "feel" to what I want, but I am trying to go for something more realistic.

Not really. Closest I can think of is David Aja. He more or less fits all of your criteria, besides breaking proportions part.

Holy crap work is getting done. I mean, I barely pay attention to the write threads and they usually die out under a week. But damn is actually looks fleshed out. So what the hell is actually going on here?

Historically, has anything of note come from writethreads and drawthreads?

You mean anything actually completed that someone eventually comes back and said 'Hey guys I finished it!' that's usually a no. Because it's common that the people who do finish it usually won't come back to say. Most writers actually leave these threads after they get the feedback they needed (which is mostly if their idea sounds good or not) then move on with their work. To be honest I mostly saw these threads as 'idea tests/approval' where someone pushes forward with something because anons liked it here. Then 50 percent of the time they will post the progress here but most anons can't be bothered to read anything longer than 2 paragraphs they will most likely fuck off to another writing corner of the net to get feedback.

Point is these threads aren't always the best thing for feedback. Maybe for some but not for all.

Vacuum chapter 2 at 50%

What about samefagging.
IDK about you but I'm pro id's on Holla Forums.

Some of the pages I've done so far.

I am not a comic artist and this is something I do for fun on my free time when not animating.

Is that the beast?

I don't see no red spots.

What I mean is that I had no training in comics but just animation so I'm mostly learning things myself and looking at comics I like for reference and inspiration.

Is that the beast?
Well is certainly a beast,but the Wilderelder may not actually look that way…

I respect your attention to paneling. So any people have no clue how to do paneling any more. Basically no Marvel artist can do it any more.

This is what the Wilderelder looks like. The version of the comics is based on Marley's account who has never seen the creature but is based on how it's popularly depicted

I used to like this other design I did, but then I realized how much it looked like Groot lol

He is a forest spirit, less like the Lorax more like Pentti Linkola

That first one is awesome.
But… movement.

I haven't touched my project in months but this thread made me want to do something productive for once, though I'm a bit worried If I post anything in this thread It'll just sound unoriginal.

Go to the last thread, many things here sounded unoriginal at first but we gave advices to one another.

Just post it.

I don't have much to post, my script is currently blank because I intended to start over but never got back to it

You mean the tree right? It's a normal tree and what the wilderelder does to it's victims. They are many throughout the wildwood, and deeper you go the more numerous they are, a warning for humans to never go too deep.

Alright, so I'm one of the anons that has been on here for many of these threads and I do feel like we have been namefagging a little too much, it's not as welcoming to anyone who would actually want to jump into these threads this late into the game.

Anyways, I was wondering what're your thoughts on sex scenes for stories that aren't 100% fap stories? I am caught in between possibly adding one or leaving it out altogether. Any thoughts?

Just post it, we won't shit on you for it. At first a lot of the early summaries and ideas all kind of meshed, but after taking the time to paint more of the little details, each story started to become much more unique.

Post that shit

Not to be a broken record but…

Trips of truth.

I like the look of your project, user

There's a mixture of this sense of wonder and beauty from your project but also mixed with this darker side, like it's a definite clash between the happy and cutesy versus the grotesque and twisted of the creatures in the forest. Nice work user! I really like that style!

Is this user still around?

You should leave it in, but I have to ask, how graphic is your sex scene and when does it happen?

Leave it in, user.

Mines about fat comic book guy trying to lose weight to impress a girl he met online. Wacky shenanigans ensue.

Probably, remember that some user might have work or classes so just give it some time and I am sure they'll show up.

Well, what do you consider "graphic"? Any suggestions?

During some downtime after a near-death experience between both protagonists.

I will definitely consider it, user. Thanks.

What kind of story are you working on, user?

Does anybody have any writing guides? I'm tucking plowing 12 hours straight right now writing an honest to god novel. I would love to have some writing tips and guides.

Well I need to figure out how to write a proper script tho if I want to make MIST into a thing.

Aw fuq

the funny thing is…I love OTGW but the trees in that show were not an inspiration for the Wildertrees. The idea came to me when my boyfriend showed me a very aged tree in his old house. It has many tumor-like growths that resemble twisted faces at times, and that was what actually inspired me. Sometimes it's just a coincidence.

Same for the Wilderelder, he is inspired by the european green man, the leshy, and wildermann costumes. Never considered the OTGW beast as a reference because I came up with the idea the sumer before the show came out.

Sometimes is just coincidences

tits or gtfo, or gays get out

A supernatural, action story.

Yeah, besides my main work I have a secondary one that was inspired by a song.
I posted the idea on Holla Forums and everybody tells me its like something made by David Lynch.
Later I found that the song is probably going to be used for Twin Peaks.
Aw fuq indeed.

Sorry user, good work and effort kills tits any time.

that's sexist user, fuck you.

fuck off tumblr

You're only making it worse, keep the comfyness.

This is the song anyways at 1.5 speed.

As the MIST fag, I am all ears to learning more about your work, user.

SHIT, meant 1.25x
sorry

here you go

Clever, bird

I'd read it

not a guide but it's handy when trying to develop your characters motivations and flaws.

Allright let's take something from one of the stories I read.

This happened during the third chapter of Lost is the night. and is the sequel book of Under the colder sun.

Khale regarded her with his flickering yellow eyes. His smile was feral.
“On the bed. Now.”
Cacea climbed onto the bed, and Khale took her roughly, pinning her forearms with his thick, gnarled hands. Her eyes shone bright as his engorged spear thrust into her, withdrew, and thrust in again. He felt her eyes wandering over his scars, saw how wet her mouth was becoming at the sight of them. Letting her hands free, he felt them explore his body; she clung to him, she scratched at him, and not with the light scratches of a lover. Then, her teeth found his bicep, and she bit him—hard.
Skin broke. Her teeth sank into his flesh. Blood ran. Khale felt her lips and tongue tasting the light wound. It bothered him not; he’d known men and women with darker tastes than this.

When she was done, Cacea lay back with his blood drying on her lips, fingering herself and making satisfied sounds in her throat. Khale turned her over, without protest, parted her ripe behind, and took her as a man takes another man. She did not cry out as he pushed inside and finished himself. But he saw, when she turned back over, that she had been gnawing her lips to hide the pain. Her eyes held no reproach for what he had done.

I wouldn't consider it super graphic but it's get the job done.

I'm waiting for another file to convert but here's the first one.

any guides for script writing?

and the second.

Still around. Just got off from doing errands and got onto a computer.

Gonna save these. Thanks user.

Sounds fun to read.

Pic related is from a french animator's twitter.

Well I can't wait to see what you can do with my characters.

Wait wait

We can upload pdf files now?!

Sorry, I don't have any.

that's been possible for a really long time

But not Mobi or Epub or else this shit would have been up there two threads ago.

Damn, well… maybe that animation school might help better…

Some small character and story notes I took on a conference given by some animation directors. Can be helpful not only to write characters but also pitch your stories to other people.

Don't get caught up explaining the plot. Focus on pitching characters, controlling ideas, and themes. This is more likely to create instant engagement in others.
You must also know the goal of your story.

Characters who drive the story become more engaging.

Main characters should be flawed but likeable so that people continuing caring. Even if the character is not a good person. The good must always outweight the bad.

Characters must grow emotionally. Regardless if it's positive or negative growth.

A character is judged by it's friends or foes.

Characters must contrast and play eachother.

Its definetely being harder than part 1 but I still have momentum that I won't give away.

So basically, I've been writing and rewriting what I have done so far thanks to a lot of input from these threads.

I am including a lot of monsters from different mythologies into my work; however, rather than treat monsters as some phenomena, monsters have evolved alongside humans for thousands of years. Many of these creatures have evolved to show more "human", docile behaviors and fit in with the rest of society; however, there are monsters that are more primal, basing their existence off of whatever urges they wish to satisfy.

The Vatican despised the idea of these other beings existing alongside humanity, under the idea that these creatures aren't designed in God's image, but rather Satan's. So, they assembled pious men across Europe who were skilled in combat (typically those who served in the Crusades) and formed a secret organization of holy men who would fight and remain loyal to the Church, combating the demonic entities that plagued the earth.

These group of men traveled across Europe, eradicating the hordes of creatures from their land, expelling any who would choose to defend them and so on; however, their leader of these hunters, a man who soon became engulfed in a deadly curiosity with the source of the monstrosities they fought and soon came into contact with beings they never thought could have ever existed.

Beings, which the hunters called "Aeons", existing outside of our realm of reality had suddenly begun to appear before humanity; these godlike beings with immense knowledge and otherworldly abilities. Soon, these hunters, men who had pledged their loyalty towards God and the church were suddenly filled with doubt upon contact with beings of such higher, unimaginable power. They knew that if the Vatican discovered of their contact with these beings, they could be excommunicated from the church entirely, so it was kept secret for a time.

As time went on and the Vatican lost its power, the Papal States disbanding, and the Pope losing his king-like authority over Europe, the Vatican began to change its image; condemning the violent actions within its own ranks and rejecting its association with the hunters that were created under the Pope's orders.

Eventually, the church discovered the contact their hunters had with the Aeons and exiled every member of the group towards the farthest reaches of the earth, destroying any records of pertaining towards the group, and erasing it's existence from history.

Even though the Vatican tried to destroy the group they had created, the organization remained, tucked away in the shadows. Now, hunters of a modern age continue to hunt monsters and demons, following the traditions of the old hunters before them.

However, it seems that just as the hunters never went away, neither did these Aeons. They remained quiet for centuries after the initial hunters were exiled, but now they have returned. Not only have these beings attracted the attention of the Vatican once again, but have incurred the wrath of heaven itself. Now, these modern-day hunters are apart of an otherworldly power struggle between the Heaven, Hell, and the Aeons.

Oh. it's you "Akane Daichi"
Your post is on OP so we kinda know you.

I do hope you do finish it, user… It looks good

Hmm… Alright, from reading that, it isn't anything too graphic but it still paints a clear picture of the scene. I'll try to keep my scene similar to that.

Yeah, I tweaked my story a bit and now I added that common monsters live alongside an average human, but another issue aside from the fact that Aeons are causing a conflict with Heaven is the fact that the angels want to cleanse the earth of all monsters, domesticated or not. I feel it adds another interesting element towards the setting that sets it apart.

Thank you very much, I will dedicate a lot more time to this and hopefully publish it and share it on here soon.

Kinda sad that there's no mention of Akane, specially since she could be considered a monster.

Don't worry, Akane is still there and she is still a monster, so this makes things a lot more interesting for her. I should've mentioned her but I didn't want to sound too repetitive with my summary. If you'd like, I could go over some of the new tweaks I made for her and her dynamic with her roommate/teammate.

Yeah great.

Sweet! I like her.

Map I did for the setting of my story. Explains a bit more of the cultures around the place.

Mainland Oberland is the largest human settlement in the zone, and not a huge one at that. It’s divided into Central, Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western sectors.

Central Oberland is where the bulk of the populace lives, as well as relevant commerces, public institutions, and formal businesess.

Northern Oberland belong to the ruling and warrior castes as it’s their private property, where the massive Starfort rests atop a mountain, besides being the personal residence of the current ruling family, it is also a military training ground for the guard.

Southern Oberland is located in the coast and is mainly populated by assimilated Blue Oberlanders who dedicate their lives to fishing, building boats, farming seaweed and marine livestock, and herding penguins; they also train trainees for defense against pirates.

Eastern Oberland borders with the forest and only the brave dare to settle there, people often work as rangers, hunters, and scouts; there are many bandit raids unfortunately.
Western Oberland is the industrial sector, where the Adamantines built a hydroelectric dam that supplies a lot of the light to the other sectors, as well as iron mining for the military.

The Chums is an autonomous district in the southeast of the Oberland. It was founded by the Blue Oberlanders, descendants of the flayed Seafolk who survived after their failed invasion of the Oberland. The Chums is different place from the rest of the ther sectors, they do not follow the “Lords of the Mountain” but a council of sea witches who oversee religion and the leader of the sailors known as “The Great Commodore” who overseas labor. They have since become the Oberland’s “black market” were all sorts of shady dealings and crime are commonplace.

Below the carved canyons lies subterranean city of Meridoo that has existed way before the creation of the Oberland. It´s inhabitants claim to descend from the humans who didn´t (or perhaps couldn´t) leave south and rather adapted to the freezing temperatures and became the ferocious mutant race of Red Oberlanders. In Meridoo only strength, roughness, bonding, fierceness, and cooperation are encouraged. Hunting is a mayor dependency as a result, and violent games the main entretainment. Meridoo has many hot springs and the territory was constantly fought over by the invading Adamantine race and the Youths of the Wastes. The former eventually decided to settle for a friendly rivalry and decided to join forces to keep the latter in check. Regardless, the people of meridoo carved a giant fist to rub their independence in their faces.

The Wastes is a barren territory bordering with the Ruins, and even containg some of them. It´s populated by an aggressive society of children and teenagers who refuse to be told what to do. Meridoo rejects and Oberlander orphans often join the ranks, sometimes against their will. Their social order (or lack thereof) involves attempted terrorism on both Meridoo and western Oberland, mainly their electric dam.
They await the return of The Eternal Child who will destroy Meridoo and the Oberland. When the Wasteland children start going into adulthood they are known to disappear…

The Ruins of a former civilization that collapsed a long time ago. They are considered to be cursed and dangerous, and people steer clear of them. Despite the place being dead and lifeless, sometimes one can hear strange machine sounds coming from there…

On the other end is the great Wildwood, full of game and resources. This is where exiled oberlanders are often sent to, no longer allowed to return to civilization. Most of the human surviving there are hermits, some even resorting to an animalistic existence. However, they rarely last long; for the Wildwood is also haunted by the unhuman races. The Grotto of the Wildwood is the presumed home of the Wilderelder the mad nature spirit. Those who have gotten close say the trees have shapes that shouldn´t, others say they are flowers and and that it´s even warmer than anywhere else. However, no one has gone in too deep to tell what´s it really like.

Tundra Incognita is the term the Adamantine deemed for unexplored territory beyond Meridoo. Sadly there are unusually violent blizzards and even thundersnows. There´s been attempts at settlements, but they don´t last long.

You know what's great.
That I don't have to read your post to understand this, is very graphic.

Well, just to start off for anyone who might just be joining us in this thread and doesn't know about my previous posts in the previous threads, the main character of my story is a half-Japanese, half-English girl named Akane Daichi. She spent a majority of her life alongside her father and her sister, Serena. Akane's mother was never in the picture often due to her constantly traveling abroad.

Akane suddenly falls to an illness that leaves her permanently bedridden. Her heart and soul are plagued with guilt when she sees that her sister and father both stay by her side, nursing her. One day, Serena disappears and both Akane and her father are distressed, but soon after Akane succumbs to her illness and dies. Plagued with the guilt and regret of never being able to enjoy her life, as she passes through to the afterlife, she makes contact with a demon, interested in making a deal with her. This demon named Gomory, makes a deal with Akane that she can be resurrected and acquire the longevity she desires. Without much hesitation, Akane agrees to Gomory's proposition and is brought back to life, only to discover that her skin has turned a pale-blue, her hair has been turned pitch black, and now she is constantly being talked to by her hair. Turns out, Gomory has manifested herself within Akane, living within her hair.

Forgot to add the picture of what she looks like.
Not my own drawings since I can't draw for the life of me, but these two images definitely are the best representations of what Akane looks like for anyone that's curious.

Just to ease the wait. Have a preview.

liking it so far

I like the idea that Gomory basically gave her what she wanted but at a price. As most faustian pacts are.

I'm curious what does Gomory looks like?

I like that Gomory lives in her hair, I love when paranormal forces present themselves in weird significant body parts.
Kinda Twin Peaks style, really gives them a weight in the world while still being uncanny.

I wanna see what Gomory looks like

Bump, for the sake of keeping the thread alive

Vacuum author here.
I managed to write 10 pages so tomorrow part 2 will surely be up.

For the new people part 1 is in here
I accept any kind of criticism, though constructive is always better.

She's a demon, so she doesn't have too many normal features, but she is obsessed with beauty so she tries to appear as stunning as possible.

I specifically chose for Gomory to live in Akane's hair because that's what Gomory finds to be one of the most beautiful features of the body, so of course she would want to be a living embodiment of that beauty.

Pics related as to what she looks like and the kind of outfit she wears. I also included an image with Gomory revealing more of her body just so you can really get a feel of how she maintains her personal image.

Akane fag, we're hitting Godspeed

We gotta keep that momentum up. It'd be a real shame to see these threads just die with a whimper, especially when everyone is contributing.

I'll start reading Vacuum right away!

Easy the board is slow in general.
Also,bonus points if you put Ballroom blitz were indicates.

That is true. My bad.

pic related

Just read the damn thing, you'll understand when you get to n it.

You got it, boss. I'll report back to you with my thoughts once I have finished reading it.

Still waiting on this and Heather "Pokemon Trainer Chan" Clarke to finish up

It just came to me how I'm gonna finish chapter 2 and begin chapter 3.

Alright, so I read chapter one, and I enjoyed it. I know it's still in the drafting process, but I would highly suggest you go back in there and take a good look through your writing, because I found a lot of tiny grammar and spelling mistakes scattered through it, but it didn't detract from my overall reading experience.

Also, I finally understood what you meant now with the Ballroom Blitz after reading that scene in its entirety.

I enjoyed it, although the pacing feels a little all over the place, but that's probably because it's more in a script format than in book format with all the little details and such.

wrong user, brah

Woops, sorry, fam. I meant to send that to which is the Vacuum bro.

Interesting to see these threads still going, even more interesting to see shit actually getting made. I've been out of the writefag game for a while but have felt the temptation to pump out some new stuff creep up on me over these past couple months.

Don't suppose it'd hurt for me to dump my shitty idea for a fictional universe/series of stories here. Add a little variety, at least.

So I'm working on a crime noir story set in a Tolkienesque fantasy universe, orcs, elves, magic, all that shit. The kicker is that, rather than being set in a perpetually unchanging medieval era, the story takes place in a fantastical interpretation of the 1980s. Imagine musclebound greaser orcs in flashy spandex and leather, or poofy haired elves with sweaters wrapped around their necks mixed with a touch of classical DnD character design and you've got the gist of what I'm going for on that front.

My goal is more or less to sort of blend the mundane and familiar nature of a relatively modern city with the fantastical elements typically seen in fantasy works to try and create a juxtaposition you don't see too terribly often. You've got thousand year old Lich's running multi-million dollar corporations built around long-distance phone chatting with your dead relatives, stuffy business suits and all, alchemists who have decided that using their mystic chemical concoctions to start drug empires is infinitely more profitable than simple study, orcs running underground racing circuits, elves coming to human cities and being arrested for cannibalism and human trafficking, cigarettes that puff out different colors of smoke depending on what brand you favor, dragons trying to rob banks in order to increase the size of their hoard, all shown to us through the eyes of a bitter human detective chasing justice with no particularly fancy skills aside from his wits and an ability to dish it out as good as he can take it. He and his hot-as-fuck succubus partner dive head-first into the twisted underbelly of their city in search of something akin to justice

It's still in very early planning stages for now, and I'm not terribly good at really explaining what I'm going for when I ramble like this, but I'd be curious to hear anybody's thoughts or input.

It never hurts, everyone is welcome to contribute to this thread.

Okay, I am liking the idea of this a lot. It'd be really interesting to see the wild 80s, with things like the Cocaine Cowboys and all the neon aesthetics being mixed with fantasy elements. Never heard of that one before.

I like your setting, but I have to ask what the actual plot is. You alluded towards your protagonist detective and his hot partner in search of justice, but could you specify on that a little more?

meant for this user.

If MIST gets an animated series… I'd like the theme to sound a bit like this

holy fucking shit, I'm gone for less than a day and you mad lads have already burned through half the new writefag thread!

I love it

I envy your artistic skills. You can write and you can draw. The best I can do is a stick figure.

I also like how stylized your world is. It has real character and miles above the likes of calarts.

Thanks user, I appreciate it. I always liked the idea of mixing the excess of the 1980s aesthetic and lifestyle with that sort of crazy fantastical shit we all know and love.

I'll be honest and say that I haven't really nailed it down yet. I'm thinking it'll work best as a collection of short stories more than one epic narrative.

The first idea I have involves our protagonist investigating the murder of an elven prostitute he was sweet on, only to uncover a dark conspiracy that puts the whole city at risk and essentially turns him into public enemy number one until he can find out the truth and put a stop to the villains involved.

The other involves him tracking a viscious killer through the city, a mysterious masked hitman whose supernatural abilities allow him to butcher entire buildings full of motherfuckers without being stopped. It's essentially protagonist vs. a Hotline Miami character and he has to uncover who is ordering the hits while protecting the sole survivor of one of his attacks from the masked man's relentless assaults.

Those are only the very first couple of raw ideas I have. It'll take a while before I get something more concrete, once you put together a universe I find they tend to create stories organically on their own once the pieces fall into place.

I dunno how you people find the time to master both of those, I've always been envious of those who can art, even moreso those who can art and writefag.

Your world is very well thought out, I like it.

I wish I can draw a map for Salem like that

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean. I mentioned it in my previous post ( ), that I'm also doing something a bit similar where monsters and creatures from all sorts of mythologies co-exist with human and participate in normal day-to-day life together; although, mine is set in the modern day unlike yours which is set in the always stylish 80s.

I can see that working, I can definitely see the world being viewed from different perspectives from human and fantasy creature alike, and each is its own self-contained story since it's a concept that is really easy to expand upon by jumping around from character to character to see what their lives are like.

THERE ARE NO BREAKS ON THE WRITEFAG TRAIN!

Keep this train alive, motherfuckers

My idea is more of a short story series than a comic. I call it Play Your Cards Right, but it used to be Sandbox.

It's about a group of eight people that were taken from their home dimensions by a "mysterious force" (I'll elaborate in a second) to solve problems in others. These problems can range from anything from a lost child to a bloated civilization on the brink of collapse. However, the gang has issues of their own, so they aggravate problems or even cause them.

The force is fickle at first, keeping the gang together on an "invisible rubber leash" one second, and completely isolating them the next. In fact, they weren't the only ones taken. The gang encounters other travelers, some many times, including a millennia-year-old shaman with the power to manipulate matter and space. As time goes on, the gang starts to see a pattern: whenever a problem's solved, they get moved somewhere else next time they go to sleep. They have a home base, this white void with nothing but a single wooden chest. You can reach in and take whatever you can think of (provided it can fit through the mouth without breaking it), but that doesn't mean it'll work, especially if you plan on using it to escape.

This force is actually a god: a young boy that entertains himself with everyone and everything while his parents Father Energy and Mother Matter try to engineer the perfect universe to live in, and he's using their experiments to do it. From his point of view, every universe is a little glass ball you can manipulate and pluck things out of.

I want to explore or whatever alot of concepts from history to biology to logic puzzles. I even want to touch upon the nature of reality, coincidences, and what Holla Forums likes to call meme magic. However, the major themes are duality (each character has a complementary counterpart), how every person has adaptations that can be both strengths and weaknesses, the importance of balance, adaptability, and self-improvement, and basic things like trust. I know this sounds pretentious crazy but I try to take care of the bigger things gradually and do littler things in a single story or an arc.

There are bios for the main cast, which I'm cleaning up right now.

Since AkaneAnon suggested it, I've made a Wattpad. It's LiterallyDevice so feel free to add me.

MISTAnon here, waiting for more posts and for my non-user draw friend to actually draw the villains…

I remember some fagot on an SJW thread shitposting about something that lead another user to post a youtube vid of "Gangster computer god secret worldwide containment policy" and someother user remarking how it would've made for a bretty cool comic, something like Al Computone.
Did he actually write, or did he just idea-guy shit?

Yeah, I remember that Al Computone thing, but he never followed through with that. It was an idea that never took off and never amounted to anything, sadly.

Now this story is definitely out of the box and it really makes you think about how small we really are in the grand scheme of things. Our existence could just be a snowglobe on another being's shelf in their room. It's fascinating but equally terrifying to think about.

I will add you right away.

Huh, I might write up some shit about it.
This cud b gud.

Everyone complaints about the namefag 3.
But that one is the one that started things again.

What do you mean?

There's a lot you could explore with here, especially since this "force" is yanking people to all sorts of different dimensions so you have infinite possibilities. That's definitely the kind of story where you have to go a bit deep in the absurdism and abstract ideas.

Hey, I like this. It would be an interesting read.

Yes. I was planning on adding shots and takes to amp up the ambience but that would actually break it even more by having to read them.
So its weird.

MISTAnon here again to provide context to why Jolie's Mom is a fairy…
Izzy, Fairy MILF, adopted Jolie when she was only a toddler…
It is a reference to how in folk tales Fairies love kidnapping children

Don't need to wait any longer. Will get to PTC in a bit, and might finish up later tonight.

Mah nigga.

Drawing is the harder and more time consuming part, i'd say. Telling a decent story competently is not that difficult, especially with bar being as low as it is today. Plenty good comic book artists end up doing both art and writing eventually, and often times they end up being better adn more original than dedicated writers. In Japan, most mangakas are both writers and artists too.

Moebius, Mignola, Smith, Lemire, Sim, Miller, Sakai, Bilal, Hergé, and Eisner were both writers and artists, and are responsible for the best comic books of all time.

I love it, Thank you, Draw user.

Thanks alot, guys.

It is. Even the most useless-looking thing in the universe has a function, especially in ecology. It's almost like it's built with a purpose other than existing.

By the way, I've finished cleaning up the bios. I tried to be concise, but there's eight of them so it's a pretty long read.

I read through your summary, really like what you've got. Seeing how society would develop alongside mystical beings has always fascinated me, from the looks of things you're taking a pretty different approach from me, which is awesome. Dudes traveling around hunting monsters is always a fun concept, and invites a lot of experimentation with plot and characters due to it's potentially episodic nature.

Right, The nice thing about creating a whole universe is that you aren't necessarily shackled to one perspective unless you chose to be. And while the story ideas I have right now are definitely centered around the continue adventures of a single protagonist, I definitely intend to branch out quite a bit when I get the opportunity.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's the easiest thing in the world either, telling a mediocre story may not be too difficult, but telling a good one takes quite a bit of skill. Artistry no doubt takes more time to become genuinely skilled at, and I definitely want to try picking up the pencil one of these days, just haven't really had the time or dedication.

Vacuum fag
Going to sleep.
Tomorrow I'll post chapter two and a revision of the first one.
Here or as it seems most likely thread 5. Wow.

I think that it takes a special kind of person to do both art and writing and be just so good at both. That's probably why alot of their creations are so great, like said.

I tried picking up drawing, but fell off the wagon when I tried getting into anatomy. Just drawing circles felt rewarding, so I want to pick it back up as soon as I can.

Good Night, user

Happy to know that you like it user. Finished drawing out PTC, but will stop for now and add in the color later tomorrow.

You're the best, user

Don't want to over work you, but I wanna give my buddy, Akanefag a gift…
Draw a lewd pic of Marietta from this post
She's a solid C Cup which you can't really tell from the pic…
Marietta's the girl with the Hammer

Another reason why I wanna gift, Akanefag, a lewd of Marietta is that… I've been showing him Cringey shit on Skype…

Bump

You got me interested at 80s fantasy, but this made my day. Teaser when?

Sounds like a fun ride, hope you can get it done in the future.

haha wow I like this idea. I can really see it work.

By any chance have you heard of "The Reward" and "Tales of Alethrion"? It's a fantasy RPG world like DnD but set in a contemporary society with night clubs and big modern-like cities.

Thank you, truly a gift indeed. I appreciate that.

Yes, it gave me AIDS.

Especially when it's a universe that pretty much has to be seen from different perspectives just so the readers can understand the variety and different ways of life for the different citizens of your world.

Yeah, I'm trying to add a little variety here and there when it comes to that monster-of-the-week style by still having an overarching plot of this grand war between different groups of almighty beings going on in the background that influences where the plot is going rather than just constantly returning to the status quo after every baddie is killed.

Good for you, user. Based on your summary, your story sounds great and I am excited to read it whenever you decide to publish it.

So protagonist vs. a silent psychopath dressed in an 80s get-up? I love it.

Vacuum fag here.
I also thought an crime hunt plot.

Michael is a detective in the sexual crimes department.
He starts investigating the murders of various prostitutes by a single criminal.
So he gets into the city underworld to find out where he is but all the info he gets is that the murderer is considered a legend in there and that all the vague little titbits of info about him are identical to his own life.
On the other side, a brutal killer named Michael realizes that a detective is looking for him, so he decides to investigate him and inevitably he finds out their backstories are identical.
So he takes the chance to get in his life.

Shouldn't he be part of homicide department, since he is investigating murders? As far as I know, sex crimes department deals with things like rape, sexual assault, human trafficking, pedos, and dealing with victims. Deaths are investigated by or jointly with other departments.

The investigation is personal.
He works closely with prostitutes A job he took since his mother was one, so when this start to die he decides to investigate himself.

Is there any writing advice for a guy attempting to write a book?
The genre I'm working on is Sci-fi and I've got dozens of ideas but I decided to run with some specific ones. I have no fucking clue where to go with the plot however as once I get passed the opening and some intrigue into a world I made I don't really know where to go. It's a blatant attempt to make this sort of atmospheric book so I'll have to write what areas look like but this is easy because it's first-person.
Anyways ideas I've gotten so far without giving away too much are; My MC is a plain ol' human, a bit young but so am I so it's okay in my mind. An odd sort that's a mix of a cynic, a harsh upbringing but has always had dreams of exploring so he sets off in a vehicle to explore Canada I'm Canadian leave me alone, the place is pretty nice if you bar people. So he's driving in his vehicle it runs out of gas, now the next town in several miles off so he has a bicycle handy just for this as he made a mistake of not filling his jerry can full of petrol for this. As he's going on the bicycle towards the town he has no phone because I fucking hate them, he just passed one earlier on he notices some smoke in a farmers corn field. Here's where I'm ambiguous and I hope no one misses it, he isn't the first one to discover a fallen ship in this field, where did it come from, why is it here, how has no one noticed it?
He finds a quad near the ship. A small detail and it will never be mentioned again. Motions himself into the ship out of pure curiosity and to see if anyone is inside. He trips an alarm of sorts and causes it to knock him out and "experiment" on him. Que him awaking in a totally new world, in a pile of assorted junk metals and scrap. He's in a massive, internal complex with vrrrr sounds akin to a fan with string caught in it. Head pulsating, body a little sliced up on the metals and he notices an armlet. Throughout the book he'll figure out how to use small parts of said armlet but it's part of a much bigger picture that I wont touch on in this book at all, it wont be for convenience. Anyways that's essentially the start of it. He's in an entirely alien world/dimension I'm not going with unlimited realities here, you should also know what the armlet does sort of as well that's made up of a massive robot race.

This is gonna sound kinda nitpicky but if you're traveling between towns through the woods why would you not have a cellphone handy on you? Why not just go with the typical excuse that he has no signal when his car runs out of gas?

Also what's the point of the quad being near the ship? I understand that you want to show that he's not the first one to find it but is there really a point if it won't be brought up again? Why have it in there if no future use will come out of it? It's a pretty useless detail that people will miss or just not care about.

Like a cross between Blame and Polly's Gone Home?

Well the idea is the guy essentially grabs some things and just up and leaves home. Wanted to be off the grid and I actually don't own a phone myself, I can use my computer in place of that, I was planning on him to use a cheap laptop for communication. He's not out in the woods he's more on these backroads here in my home province that go all over the damn place and mostly farmer's use them.
The quad being near the crashed ship is the farmer himself exploring the crash before my MC, he wont show up because he had the same treatment as my MC and is off in another world for now. The ship which is the size aprox of a mid-sized motor home so not too big it's unbelievable no one found it but not too small that it's impossible to house someone but it was never meant to house someone anyways. It's meant to truck around medical supplies and some specific oddities, it merely has an AI on board.

Are those books? I've never read them if so. So I can't say for sure if it's anything alike to those.

But why does the traces of the farmer need to be there if it's not actually important?

It is important as I plan to use it at some point in another book. The first book is him in another world coming to terms with how bizarre the whole spectacle is. He's also the foundation for something else later on as eventually I'll have him be chased by an entire race that wants to squash him because he mutates albeit in a subtle way which makes him more like this godlike species that made the technology in the first place. Like I would have to explain where all the technology came from in the first place and it would take multiple posts to get my ideas through correctly here man.
What I need is some advice, or guides on how to actually go about the writing process, how to get over writers block and so forth. The other thing I'm struggling with here is where the flying fuck am I to really go with this?
I had an idea that a bunch of AI's based on SHODAN hate organic life forms and are trying to kill my guy, he ends up falling flat on his face and arguing with the least violent one of the bunch and it's an agree to disagree pitting man against machine philosophically

Blame is a manga about an immortal with a pistol that fires black holes, wandering the halls of a sprawling mechanical construct that seems to have grown out of control, with the intention of shutting it down. Just how far things have got out of control is hinted at when Killy has to cross a room as big as Jupiter.

Polly's Gone Home is a project that Uncle Ghastly announced before his nervous breakdown. We don't know much, apart from a few pages showing a pink-haired girl waking up on a stretcher, connected to a drip, and finding herself in a complex of endless banks of machinery, like a factory that could cover a planet.

I may have seen some stuff about Blame. Otherwise I've never heard of Polly's Gone Home until now. Anyways this world is sort of been turned into something akin to both of those by the robots to make it more homey for them. They're metal why shouldn't they exist in such?
Well actually I had an idea for how the city worked and what I wanted to tie in. I hate a lot of things, one such would be most pop culture another is trends. So robots follow trends/pop culture to an extreme degree devising their entire structure around what's "hip", it works like a staircase of sorts as one level is built right on top of the last. Robots have to work in factories to get "energy" this can be anything you will, it also means this society doesn't fail due to neglect if robots are constantly repairing things to survive just like humans would in this day and age where we work so we can live and eat. Based on these ideas the staircase thing at least each level has its own sort of visuals one such level was a Mars like red rust, another would be chrome, another like a 1950's sort of nuclear family style and all the robots on these levels adhere to the visuals, not all do as some moved up on the energy food chain so to speak.. so better jobs.

Ooh, so, Steampunk ghetto, atomic age googie old town, Tron/analogue red light district, and the upper class areas are all neo-brutalist archetecture and transhumanist nanotech?

Actually, I'm thinking of Junk Head now.

There aren't any humans however, there never was in this world in fact. You're sort of on the money with those ideas however, a steampunk ghetto was actually going to be used as steam can make energy. Again I have to emphasis despite him being on an alien world, it's him who is truly the alien here.

Thanks!

longest post I´ve done. Though I felt like having some small summaries of each area would be more interesting.

Read fuckloads of other books. That's probably the best advice I can give you.
To know if your works are any good you must compare them to other people's. Take inspirtation or warning from them.
Not just in the sci-fi genre, either. Read romance novels, they usually flesh out their characters well. Read horror novels, they'll show you how to do suspense well. Detective novels will show you how to give your reader all the clues they need to figure out the story, without actually straight up giving it away!
Read BAD books, find what you despise about them and remember not to do it. Read mediocre, forgettable books and figure out how to make your reader remember your one for life!

Also, don't have a character the readers are always screaming "Fucking hell just figure it out already! I did it three chapters ago!" at.

Apologizes!

Hopefully the lewd would look good enough to make the Cringey shit worth it

fuck yes I agree with this

There is a lot you can learn from bad books and movies. How not to write and develop characters. Or even trying to think what would you have done instead in order to make it work.

Another thing is to look at the books and movies you like, and try to investigate why they work or the sources that inspired the people who made those stories.

For example; Mignola was heavily inspired by Lovecraft, who was in turn inspired by Machen, who was inspired by pre-christian folklore of his homeland.

Can't really do lewd with justice user.

Then just Draw Marietta, just something to make it up to all the cancer I showed him

Hey anons, MISTfag here again.
I'm wondering, what sort of attitude should I have when one of my characters has a shitty fanbase of SJWs? (RELATED)

Personally I'd stick to my vision. They should drop her after a while because even if the appeal is there, SJWs in general are about feelings and hate anything with functional characters and plot. If they do stick around and start shit, just stand by the people they're attacking.

Thanks, user.
I think the only reason why they like her is that she's the clostest thing in the cast to a black person.

What said. SJW's are offended by enough things that if your vision doesn't support their world view then by sticking to that they will be offended and most likely drop it.

Or, if they find out that you spend time on Holla Forums they will avoid you and everything to do with you like the plague, but I'm not so sure that you would actually want to reveal that…

I wouldn't, I don't think I'd get a job if I do

The best advice I could give you is "never give fans what they want". Your character is yours and only yours, and you should do with her what you think is the best for your story. By giving fans what they want, you are trading story quality by fanservice, which may translate in higher momentary sales at the cost of less of a chance at getting into the "hall of fame" of classics.

That said, you don't necessarily have to give your readers exactly what they don't want, unless you want to give them the middle finger contrary to popular opinion, this may be a valid writing technique if pulled correctly, but it depends on the type of story you are writing. However, giving your readers whichever they don't expect may be more beneficial in the long run since, even though it's not what they wanted to happen, it's something that helps keeping the story fresh, which will make readers stay much better than just pulling Korrasami 2.0 for the sake of making your work go viral. Pulling stunts like that will give you an increase in popularity that will die in a short time.

In other words, ignore them. SJW are humans too, they are allowed to have tastes, and as long as they don't go full SU fujoshi about it, it won't affect you in the least.

No they're not, they're translizardtankkin you fucking cisalbino shitlord.

Those terms don't blend well together, and they never will. Fujoshi are only interested in guys fucking/bonding. SU is only about ugly colored dykes that are cunts, and that attracts the shitty yurifags and tumblr.

Dear lord it reminded me of the SJW who wanted me to look at SU for inspiration for Diverse Body Types…

Just in time. HOLY CRAP this one took long
Part 1 is in
Again criticisms and questions accepted.

Thanks if I stopped being lazy and playing video games I would sit down to read. Issue is I hate reading digital books I just can't keep my focus on them like I can with physical books. I got a friend who could loan me every science fiction ever created practically at my disposal so I'll do some research as you say.
Oh also my character may as well be me in this situation so I have to characterize other characters and grow my main guy somewhat to be a little smarter I guess? I'm not sure how he'll change at the moment.

Well all right. I think I can try that. H.P. Lovecraft inspired a creature I plan to make actually. Which is this massive hive mind of parasites to one great big parasite and well nests spread throughout dimensions and it's pretty hectic. Love Mignola as well.

Shit, the main four are all female and dating each other… ~MISTFag

btw, any other anons writing their plots already.

I can't draw like OP, should I even start?

Yes.

Eyup.

I finally stop pussyfooting around because my next school assignment isn't due until October 1st.

What's your story?

Read again. =="Never give fans what they want."== and you're not obligated to cater them in anyway.

Is that even a question? Just do it.

No.

Fucking go for it.

The issue is, I have real trouble making it digitally. It kinda looks less cool when I trace the lines, since all the rough lines are lost.

And I wish I could go for a less detailed Scott Pilgrim look to draw faster.

I thought about re-drawing panels I don't like and replace them, too.

A collection of short stories between a Superhero in training and his mentor. The stories takes place over a period of six months as the kid tries to learn how to use his powers.

In other words, he need to learn how to git gud or else he will git ded.

Setting is set in a post sliver age world, so there's doomsday weapon, evil organizations and aliens, running around. Superheroes are less heroes but more marketable billboards, super geniuses preform questionable experiments Including kidnapping and creating their own super-powered soldiers.. I wanted a protag that was a true blue hero that actually enjoys helping people, the mentor isn't actually a hero but has the same power-set and agreed to teach the kid.

Well, there's no Aliens from outer space, just dimensional neighbors coming by to be pricks, but you get the point.

Kind of like that, but without Vince McMahon.

Think of the corniest cheesiest capeshit and multiply it like ten.

That's the Kid.

So It is just Rosey and Hurricane.

Nope, I only gave the personality of one person.

My plan was for each story to be a different genre.

The first story is a comedy, second one is action, the third is mystery, the fourth is straight up horror, the fifth is a crossover, and the final is tying everything up.

There's worse comic art out there. So long as the story is good go for it.

I dunno actually, hopefully gonna sit down and maybe write something up tomorrow but I don't know if it'll be worth posting. I've got zero artistic talent so I can't just draw up sketches or something to post, maybe do some character bios or something, might be a good exercise.

Thanks user, I appreciate it. I'll certainly try.

I have not actually, they sound interesting. I'll have to take a gander at them one of these days. I understand that urban fantasy is a thing, but I can't really recall any Urban Fantasy with that sleek 80s look.

Appreciate it, now I've just got to see if I can actually put it together in a way that isn't horribly embarrassing, been a while since I've actually written anything.

Pretty much, yeah. I thought it'd be kind of interesting to see what it'd be like to see the perspective of someone at the mercy of a HM character, and how fucking frightening and unstoppable they'd seem.

I'm actually going to name the protagonist Michael, funnily enough.

Probably not going to do a mirror-image antagonist though.

Those faces look good though, perhaps you could reuse it for something else.

Well, as always this is were I sign off.
At least I can actually rest now that Vacuum chapter two is finished, definitely starting chapter 3 tomorrow since in Monday I have to go back to the real world.

Ever have those times where you're writing something and you hate it so damn much? Like you want to get it done, you tell yourself that you'll finish it in the editing stage but as you keep writing you just feel like every single line is a continuous fuck-up. Then you stop for a few weeks, you want to cut shit out but feel like you'd want to finish the current one first then see how it reads.

How do you get over this?

I'm curious, what do you mean by that? Do you have any examples of a story that used that to its advantage?

The fuck is going on in that webm?

Vacuum fag here.
This was the first iteration of vacuum for me.
It was because I was focusing too much in the intellectual level of it not caring for how it felt.
I managed 45 pages for chapter 1.
When I looked at it I just saw Frankenstein monster.
It worked but it was ugly as fuck.

Now I'm 44 pages in this iteration, two chapters, and besides needing some polish I feel great about it.
What surprised me is that despite the new stuff I kept a lot of stuff from the original which told me how different a single idea could look from other better execution.

Generally it's okay to take a break once in a while. Give your eyes and your mind some rest. What I like to do either look at something really good, something terrible, or just read up on writing in general; anything that'd motivate you or teach you something.

Depends on what you're writing.
If it's comics I recommend to see movies.

I like to break it up. If all you read is comics you end up like Rob Liefeld or Todd MacFarlane or Young Dan Pussey.
I say spread it out among books, movies, TV, comics, manga, animation, games, art, fiction and non-fiction. Diversify, cross-pollinate, cross reference. And pay attention to real life, too, like Poison's Mom said, "Hands on experience like this you ain't gonna get from no comic book!"

Well, I think books can be a great inspiration for a plot and especially world building.
Like making a world bible to backup the stuff that happens, but the execution itself is more movie like.

Wow, we've almost reached the bump limit, good on you, anons. It's great to see these Ideas

The second thread is still up I guess.

Oh? Any new posts?

No, I mean that it hasn't disappeared from the catalog.

Well to keep things on topic, Anyone have a clue which would be better for MIST
2D Animation
3D Animation
Comic
Webcomic

Comic or 2D.
I can see how the style could easily translate into 3D but the light work in such style is so easily done in 2D it would be beautiful.

Also
Never underestimate music ad inspiration
I mentioned in the last thread that a lot of Vacuum comes from putting songs in key places and build from there.

One song just gave me the whole line up of antagonists for the first third of the series and the background for Maria. So you got that.

Please tell me more.

I usually look trough songs and try to imagine specific scenes.
Or something like an anime intro since usually they're very expository and organized in presenting stuff.
I try to avoid to listen actual anime intros to keep it as original as possible but sometimes is unavoidable.

About what it inspired…
Well if you have read Vacuum until chapter 2 you know who Aleveraran is.
Then almost all the antagonist relates to the b past of a character.
Jarambe The village boss from the place Maria used to live.
Michelle's step father
An old crime buddy from Emerick's teenage years

Now
SUPER SPOILERS
READ AT OWN RISK
Bo-os to Linda and Blacklake
Actually the rebellion doesn't appear that much or are that important.
From the original cast only Michelle, Emerick, Bo-os, Ramsey and Emerick's old crime buddy survive the first third.

Thank you for the advice, user

dang! this is really good

Don't under sell your art, user.

Thanks guys I stopped drawing because I felt it was a waste of time. Maybe I should continue.

By the way, wanna hear an artist horror story?
So last year, I saw a sketchbook for 25 bucks, was so expensive because it was by some art selling company and it had a nice box, too (unfortunately sealed). So I got it for Christmas to get myself motivated to draw.

It had 365 pages, one for each year, so you had to draw a pic everyday. At the top of each page, there was a short, inspirational sentence to give you a topic to draw. Sometimes it was something obvious, sometimes something more abstract, like feelings.

Sounds awesome right?!

Well guess what…………

it's cross-section paper.

Each day I mean.

Couldn't you return it?
You can still use it for perspective or for M. C. Escher style drawings that experiment with perspective and proportions.

Well, I'm not that much of a literary buff, and I can't really remember comics that have managed to do this, but I do remember two films (sadly I can't remember their titles, since I watched them long ago) in which this aspect was really, really blatant.

First one was a movie about a young couple who decided to spend some days in a lakeside house in the middle of nowhere. Long story short, a group of teenagers decided to fuck their shit up, and their "leader" (only one of them was truly fucked in the head, the rest were just too young and they feared him) eventually kidnapped the husband and tortured him to death. He also burned alive one of his friends to make the woman feel bad about it, since he offered to spare him if she surrendered and stopped trying running away. The woman finally snapped out, and decided to kill one of the younger and more "innocent" kids with a broken glass. Some time later, she managed to get out of the woods and into a small town, and crashed (I think quite literally, since I can kind of remember she managed to steal a car) into a house, in which they were celebrating a birthday party. However, it seems that birthday party was one of the kids' party, and so everybody there happened to be related to them. At first, they tried to help the woman, but then the sociopath teen came back and managed to convince everyone that she was the one who killed everybody. The film ends as she is forcefully dragged into the bathroom for a nice session of being dismembered alive by the redneck parents of the children; the camera then focuses on the sociopath teen, who goes up to his bedroom as the woman screams in the background, and stares expressionless directly at the camera, as if he was trying to rub on your face the fact that he got away with everything.

(cont)
Second movie was about yet another young couple, in which the man seems to be a compulsive masturbator. One day, they get randomly assaulted in the middle of the night by the passengers of a car they decided to pass, since they were going slow. The woman was brutally raped all night, while the man lost his eye in the fight. Trying to move on with their lives, they finally decided to move to a small town in the middle of nowhere. After some days, the woman discovers one of the men who raped her lived near there, and the couple decides to take some vengeance. They grab a scoped hunting rifle, and as they are about to shot the motherfucker in the head from a distance, they discover he has a daughter. The woman decides against killing him. The man begrudgingly agrees, and so they go away. The couple fought on their way home, and both secretly decided to tackle the problem on their own, with their own methods. The stupid cunt decided to just nicely go into to the rapist's house and interrogate him about why the fuck did they do that, while the man just decided to grab a gun and finish the job. As she talks to the man, the woman discovers that day was going with other two men and her daughter in the pickup truck. According to him, the other two men were crazy sociopathic cunts, and that day they were drunk and horny, so they were planning on raping his daughter when they got home. Thinking quickly, he tried to distract them by diverting their attention to the couple's car, and so they decided to fuck the man shit up and satisfy their urges with the woman. However, the woman soon discovers the guy himself was a cunt as well, and he attempts to rape her again. The man then enters the house with a gun and saves his girlfriend by kicking the rapist away. They both decide to tie up the man and rape his ass with a rifle (literally). The man then asks his girlfriend to shoot him through the ass, but she refuses. The woman then leaves the house, apparently after having realized his boyfriend was blinded by rage. On her way out of town, she picks up the man's daughter, who had ran away from house because her father was a huge cunt, and tells her they are going somewhere safe. The man, however, still in his house, learns the friends of the rapist are coming, and so he decides to wait for them as he tortures the rapist by gouging one of his eyes out. When they get to the house, the man shoots the bald fuck (the "leader" of the group) in the head, killing him instantly. The friend tries to run away, but the man manages to shoot him in the leg, and he falls into some bushes. The man goes into those bushes, a shot is heard, and then he goes back to the house. The whole scene is less than a minute long, and except for the bald fuck's head blowing up, it was relatively action free and somewhat bland. As he is about to open the door, he stares directly at the camera, as if he was mocking the viewer for wanting that to happen. Although he doesn't speak at all, his eyes clearly spell "yeah, I killed them. It's a bland ending, but this is what you were waiting for after all this time, right?". In some way, this movie does the opposite of what I mentioned, but not really since it makes the audience realize they are dumb fucks. It's really a huge fuck you to the viewer.

(cont)
There is a third movie that does something similar, though, and I clearly remember its name since it's a very well known one. No Country For Old Men pulls the same "fuck you, viewer" technique as the others, as it ends with Anton going out unpunished (apparently, the fact that Carla basically tells him to go fuck himself with the coin toss right before being murdered represents his moral defeat, but that's a very pretentious way to look at it), most of the main characters dead and with a completely anticlimatic ending scene with Tom explaining his 2deep4you symbolic dreams to his wife. I heard the book has a different ending, but I guess the point still stands for both.

Another example, this time not really related to writing, is Dark Souls. It has the perfect translation of this phenomenon into gameplay, as it keeps punishing the player just for, well, playing the game. The best example of this would be stepping into the wrong room and just finding out you fell face-first into an impossible to defeat ambush. You die. Fuck you, try again. Despite the game being quite fun in other aspects, it got its fame from these little masochistic mechanics, as if people just rediscovered Syobon Action and actually liked it.

In some other way, roguelikes are also "Fuck You: The Genre", since most of them rely heavily on RNG, and one unlucky roll may make you start again from the beginning, and that's considering you were lucky enough to roll for the favorable conditions to get that far into the game. Despite this, I enjoy them as some mindless fun to pass the time

Let me be honest, I don't really like art that insults its viewer in such a blatant manner (I even got a bit angry at the first movie, but I guess that's exactly what they were going for), but some small sector of people are masochistic and really enjoy it. A really small sector. But you aren't on this train for mass appeal, right?

Making your art for niches is okay, hence why insulting the viewer is acceptable in some types of stories. It won't make the story bad, but you will just make it good in the eyes of some people.

I think the sequential drawings of your comic worked well, like I could follow what was going on. I think you shouldn't drop drawing, even if you are not gonna do it professionally. If you enjoy it then go for it.

Also, your artist horror story. Been there…

Got an A5 size fancy thick smooth artist paper sketchbook from a shop, I checked the pages of an unwrapped one, and it seemed perfect so I picked a plastic-wrapped one next to it. When I opened mine it was cross-section. Arg!

What's your 'stance' with a flying sword fight?

Ok, guy, chapter 3 is going godspeed, I'm about to start writting page 4 after just 40 minutes.

Average Exalted game/10

What's your instance in a newfag sword fighter trying to hit a crazy flying man while other guy tries to shoot at the crazy guy?

I've been thinking which style would be good for Vacuum and I believe that I found it.
Is something like and similar if not just Tradd Moore.

This was literally how I reacted when I first opened this thread and the last one. So much confusing stuff going on, and hardly any advice being given or questions being asked. It seems to have gotten better over the past few days, though, which is great.

I mentioned asking questions, so here's one. Does a story's protagonist and antagonist have to be very closely related somehow to create maximum drama/tension, or can they literally be nothing more than strangers on the street to one another?

I noticed that very popular works have villains who are closely related somehow to the protagonist. Voldemort tried to kill baby Harry Potter, and his parents. Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. Frieza singlehandedly almost drove the entire Saiyan species to extinction. Envy in the original FMA was Hohenheim's dead son. And so on.

Would something like this be more appropriate for a sci-fi/fantasy story, or does it work for any genre?

They certainly don't have to be related, strangers working in opposition to one another is fine for a while. I'd say that over the course of the plot the antagonist and protagonist should become more aware of one another, and a relationship of some sort should blossom from that. Though the specifics as towards that relationship are really up to you.

I wouldn't do a sudden reveal of the big bad towards the end though, having a big stupid battle with somebody the protagonist has had no awareness of at the end typically feels kind of dumb and pointless, a final setpiece for the sake of having a setpiece.

Tying your antagonist to the protagonist's past is certainly an effective way to go about making them connected, but it's by no means the only, or best, way to build their conflict.

I don't see any reason to subscribe such a vague idea to any particular genre. If working with fictional character you could slide an 'I am your father' into anything really.

MISTfag here again.
Anyone know how to write a script or any tips?

Vacuumfag here
Here is my villain cast.
1st: Pretty much Radditz but he's the big brother of a not so important character.
2nd: Bandids terrorizing a village.
3rd: The government.
4th: A village boss
5th: A bounty hunter
6th: Another bounty hunter who happens to be part of the past of one of the characters.
7th: A victim of the war seeking revenge on an specific character That we had known since the beggining except for that detail.
8th: The father of another character.
9th: A higher class bounty hunter.
10th The rebellion.

And that's what you could say season 1.

I would love to help you but I'm too busy with mine.

Glad this thread is almost over, the momentum is slowing down.
We need a new thread, a new ball to go down the hill.

????

Ready.

READY!

Just in time

I believe in most cases there has to be a relation somehow. It's the best way to engage people into caring more about your characters. Not necessarily blood-relation, but there needs to be something we can connect the two opposing characters.

Maybe protagonist is a foil to antagonist in life choices.

Maybe protagonist did something and in the process and created the antagonist, or vice versa. Law of cause and effect. Like how in Tim Burton's Batman both Bats and the Joker created one another simultaneously.

"Strangers on the street" makes me think of Bilbo and Smaug from The Hobbit. Neither knew eachother, and the "relation" was more between the dragon and the dwarves. However the interaction between both Bilbo confronting Smaug to me was one of the highlights of the book and my favorite part of the film.

8ch.net/co/res/690796.html

Fuck my mistake.
Here's the fifth thread.

Knock it off. You're turning into the same kind of faggots that every general thread ends up with.

Funny Games, right?

I haven't watched Funny Games, but I am fairly certain it's not that movie. If I recall correctly, Funny Games was a group of teenagers who decided to fuck with a family at their own home just for shits and giggles. In this case, the teenagers chase a young childless couple (although I can kind of remember the girl having some kind of relationship with one of the kids) out of their rented lakeside home.

Some differences:

I would say Funny Games is another good example of "fuck you" movies. In fact, it was written because the director wanted to shit on the kind of audience who enjoyed violent movies, and it apparently is meant to be the Spec Ops: The Line of cinema (the director went as far as saying that if you criticise a movie for pointless violence after watching the movie, you are a hypocrite because you should have stopped watching it as soon as it started to get too slashy; kind of like Spec Ops: The Line, in which it's argued that the only way to win the game and get a peaceful outcome involves shutting down your console and never playing the game again). Funny Games is so blatant in this aspect, it makes use of breaking the fourth wall to directly mock the viewer.