What is the best root beer?

What is the best root beer?

(Carbonated beverage shitposting thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/venetian/venetian-ginger-ale-a-prohibition-era-vermont-clas
unclescottsrootbeer.com/shop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Virgil's is pretty good but I prefer Sioux City.
Truthfully, I prefer Birch Beer.

Sioux City is alright, but it's always been so common to me that it doesn't compare to the more "exotic" of my findings

Barqs is top tier brand-name soda

There are so many gourmet root beers, life is heaven to me.

Anyone else try this awesome shit? Anymore than about 2 and it'll make you sick because of how sweet it is, but it's pretty awesome in moderation.

I've never found a good combination of root beer and alcohol, whether it's alcoholic root beer or some sort of cocktail.

what's the deal with root beer?

it's not beer and it has no roots!

You already posted it OP. Virgils is fucking God-Tier

I didn't know there was any other kinds other than the handful of alcoholic root beers.

A&W diet, or bust, plebs

Soda thread? I try not to drink any aside from he occasional diet soda however I loved it when I was a kid. When I was in 4th grade my teacher Mr. Heffner had a box of cream soda next to his desk and some kids were criticizing his taste. I told him cream soda was pretty great. The next day I opened my desk at the start of class and there was an ice cold cream soda waiting for me. Pretty sure I bragged to the other kids. Teachers just don't do nice things like that any more, but it's really nice gift for a kid. He died 2 years back. He was only in his 30s and healthy and had a family.

:(

However I grew up drinking Sprecher (pic related). Their "Puma" cola is also pretty decent, much better and unique taste than the other colas on the market.

best soda here

Peruvian Llama Sphincter'n'Semen Beer is a fine pale ale, to be enjoyed with fresh seafood, or chicken dishes.

Pabst Blue Ribbon

What's the difference between sarsaparilla and root beer?

Were all just one PBR away from being…

one has more sass

Heineken

Dos Eckies

This Hard Rootbeer is definitely top tier in my books. Also try the Ginger Ale version as well and just be aware the Ginger Ale has a hell of a immediate kick than the Rootbeer.

The stuff McDonald's used to sell in the nineties that smelt like Raljex

shiner

I've seen the ginger ale, but I was never a big fan of ginger ale so I haven't tried it yet.

It USED to be IBC, but they fucking changed the formula.

A&W, straight from the restaurant, not the store-bought(even though store-bought isn't terrible, either.)

I was asking a serious question.

According to Wikipedia, sarsaparilla is a type of root beer.

I'm just wondering what it tastes like because I got a bag of "sarsaparilla root" from a food pantry and the instructions say to heat it like tea. It's been sitting in the cabinet for weeks but I'd like to know if it tastes like root beer because then I'll drink it.

Pabst Blue Ribbon>>6888939

I saw the bottles, and glanced at the title an saw beer assumed this was a beer thread lol. I don't know if it's the best but this shit was good and like 60 cents at big lots.

This.

Barq's isn't the best-tasting one but it's pretty much the only brand that's caffeineated, which makes it worth drinking.

ALCOHOL IS DEGENERATE

Alcohol is fine in moderation but alcoholic root beer seems like a meme drink. Yuck.

my favorite used to be Virgils but i tried this shit and its the best ive ever had its so god damn good.

The stuff you make yourself. It takes a month, but is worth. it. Use 2X the concentrate, and age it 2-3X as long as directions. Beats the carp out of all store bought

Yes. Virgil's is great stuff, but let's not forget Maine Root. Also very good.

On a related note: another gourmet soda launch, Venetian Ginger Ale, is in the last few days of its Kickstarter campaign. It looks like it might not make it unless craft soda pop fanatics unite and reserve theirs today! I already have.

kickstarter.com/projects/venetian/venetian-ginger-ale-a-prohibition-era-vermont-clas

Any liquid that isn't water is degenerate, you will all die on dotr.

Fun Fact: Most root beers use a wintergreen flavoring, like chewing gum.

Now you must live with this knowledge as I have. Good luck not tasting it.

sarsaparilla is sweater and richer. hard to describe. i don't think sarsaparilla root tea would do it though as sarsaparilla is brewed with vanilla and ginger as well.

I happen to have some vanilla. No ginger, though. Thinking about brewing it and then putting it on ice to make it cold. That's how I usually make a quick iced tea.

by 'brew' i mean as in beer, with yeast and sugar.

in Germany, you could go to jail for this

I work at Budweiser and their Best Damn Root Beer smells so fucking good when it's running through the fillers, but I've never tried it because of how horrible I hear it tastes.

I like IBC root beer.

Wish I could try some, fam

You can order it from that URL right on the bottle.

unclescottsrootbeer.com/shop

I might order some myself based on what user said about it.
I

t. Uncle Scott