I watched the first few episodes of Iron Fist after Holla Forums was all, 'is this the hill you want to die on...

I watched the first few episodes of Iron Fist after Holla Forums was all, 'is this the hill you want to die on? Just because SJWs hate it doesn't mean you should like it.'

And you know what? This IS the hill I wanna die on, because their hatred of it and negative reviews being prevalent when looking it up is very telling of their psyche.

The reason they hate it so much is because they can't relate to the protagonist because he goes against their narrative - a rich, straight white male that went through adversity and got raised by monks from childhood, living as a homeless man and taking back his own company through strength of character is something they revile.
And so they have to project and make up excuses about how Danny sounds like a college student that is ‘culturally appropriating’ East Asians.

Not to mention, that if something as innocuous as Iron Fist can't exist in their narrative, then what can? What bold, daring new IP can? Will there ever be another Terminator, or Blade Runner?

No. Because these people are the death of creativity.

Other urls found in this thread:

sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-iron-fist-creator-roy-thomas-defends-netflix-show-says-main-character-is-not-oriental-20170321-story.html
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58d15b7be4b0ec9d29dfc1dc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think people here were more off put by the actor cucking out and blaming trump for the shows failure.

Also:
>capeshit

Go shill your (((Disney))) garbage somewhere else.

The show is merely okay. Trigger warning: the Asian Sand Snake beats up some huge dudes.

People hate it because they didn't read the comics, where Danny Rand is a naive dork who is good at punching things and literally nothing else.

That's it. They wanted the Kung Fu Guy to be an Asian who is good at literally nothing else.

What an opportunity for expansive heroic representation!

These same SJW faggots shill for Into the Badlands just because the lead is Asian, even though it's full of white people living a charmed Asian-themed existence around him from bureaucrats to Buddhist monks.

The Knight of Blowjobs isn't a very good physical actor, but it's not like there isn't precedence for these kinds of movements for a martial art.

Pretty much this

Loras, pls. Do your homework.

Comics creator said he didn't care about cultural appropriation bullshit.

Well no shit; it's a classic storytelling mechanic, the fish out of water. What are you gonna have, an Asian kid raised by Asians to be an Asian monk? How boring.

Even Goku's fish out of water arc Dragon Ball is because he's a monkey boy hick.

stopped reading
fuck off shill

sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-iron-fist-creator-roy-thomas-defends-netflix-show-says-main-character-is-not-oriental-20170321-story.html
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58d15b7be4b0ec9d29dfc1dc

True, that dragon shit girl tweeted about orientals being an inappropriate term lol.

SJWs: That's racist! Be a good ally and don't even consider the cool stuff or exchange cultural values! That's how we become a more inclusive society!

Literally colonialism, tbh. We can't have successful white men.

Kek, Asians are fucking stupid if they think they will ever get any white guilt from us. There is no historical reason for us to care about their feelings. Pearl Harbor happened, so we nuked those fucking nips, and we'll gladly do it again.

Things Iron Fist is good at:

Things Iron Fist is bad at:

He's not really a successful white man, but being a dumb blonde with the best of intentions is kind of the root of his character. That's what Finn Jones got right.

I think they mean the railroad workers and miners, they got a raw deal but they eventually integrated.

Their leechlike great grandkids are fucking terrible though. They don't have any sense of their roots unless they can play the oppression card.

Nobody likes Asians except for weebs, m8. They will never be getting any sympathy when they are literally the highest population of people on the planet.

Is it any good? I saw the trailers and it intrigued me a bit.

That pisses me off because there are some later generation asian americans that aren't whiny pussies but will get lumped in with these faggots. t. hapa

No they wont. It's easy to differentiate between Viet/Korean college cucks and then Chinese people who don't care about anything.

Ok good then. Thank you fam.