Be me

Living in a military town sucks, Holla Forums. Should I just give up and join the navy electronics technician program after I finish this degree? Already pissed at my department head for how he screwed me over on this internship thing. Literally all I need to graduate is a fucking internship. I can't find a job to save my life despite having worked on actual process controls, PLCs, etc., and yet grunts with no fucking electronics experience beyond an AC/DC fundamentals course are able to land technician jobs right and left in my program… God damn this shit pisses me off…

Welcome to Trump's America. To be a citizen you have to serve.

People gotta learn to move in this day and age.
You have skills so hop on a Greyhound and go somewhere they're in demand.

God it feels good. I went in E-3 and was an E-5 before my six year contract was even half up.

Trumps America is going to cost us millions/billions when one of those stupid AC/DC Fundamentals grunts fucks up the power plant that hired him for tax credits.

Fuck I don't even give a shit about the president any more. I just want to fucking learn Russian and Japanese, and fix electrical shit for 40-80 hours/week so I can afford to shitpost and shoot shit.

I can't until I finish my degree, but I need an internship to finish my degree.

The degree is worthless, but the certifications are well worth the time and effort once I can land a fucking job for six months to list it on a resume/application. Navy pay a shit compared to private sector.

I'd talk to your dean about it. Schools these days bend over backwards for students and they'll make an exception for most rules.

move somewhere else

That may be true but not only did I find a job, the Navy will send me where I want to keep me since the private sector pays so much more.

I might be talking to my dean anyways since our department head was fucking useless in finding an internship, but took my money for the internship class. The fucker wouldn't help me search for an internship, insisted I worked for his buddies at a torpedo guidance system plant, and then when I finally caved in, his buddies that were going to help me fell through on me because they didn't get their state internship funding.

Honestly I just don't want to fucking kill anybody or work on shit that will kill people. I like shooting shit and have no problems defending myself, but otherwise I'm a pretty straight-edge Christian pacifist and take "blessed are the peacemakers" to heart.

See

Nigger I'm a Russian linguist. I don't shoot anybody.

With no experience or trade school you might be better off getting a manufacturing job than a trade job.
Electric Boat (where they're making half of the nuclear submarines) is doubling their workforce now and have a program where they'll pay you to take classes at a nearby community college. It's a job that can't be outsourced because EB and the sub-building place in Newport News won contracts to make Virginia-class subs for like 50 years.

That's the biggest thing. I'd move out east in a heartbeat if I could since I see jobs all the time out there, but I'm stuck in the middle of the great plains. It sucks balls.

Getting my CCNA this next year since I have to go an extra semester anyways. Already got all my IPC, Solidworks, etc. certs…

If you are okay to defend yourself then you need to fact the fact that you are okay with killing.
Calling yourself a pacifist is escaping the question.
If I came up to you right now and told you to take off your shit at gunpoint would you?
If I then hit you in the face and told you to take your pants off would you?
If I then got you to take off any remaining clothing would you?
If I then hit you in the guts with my boots and told you to kiss my feet would you?
If I then told you to unzip my pants or I would keep kicking you would you?

Pacifism is a bullshit idea and if you stick to it youll just be dead.

*face the fact
*take off your shirt

What does that have to do with my rate not involving killing?

That was the majority of Holla Forums wants mr pol

Nah, go fuck yourself. Some of us still have a conscience.

Shut the fuck up, hippie.

Not him but Islam and the hordes of non-whites are a threat to all of western civilization, they are a cancer which must be removed.
In essance though I agree, no use in provoking conflict with anyone, but understand that they would rather kill you than live with an infidel.

Bump

I feel you op

I live just outside of a military base and its tough. I did work in the oilfield for 5 years and that takes a jack of all trades when it comes down to it. And still, shits hard to find. But its around, just gotta push your knowledge and potential off on the possible employer. Quit being a beta fag and do shit. Ive found quite a few after decided "fuck this shit". You should do the same. unless youre a lazy faggot who wants to work at a phone or cash register. Then youre fucked.

I don't know why you responded to me.

Pretty good stuff. Is relocating in the cards when you're done with school?

You don't understand how military tech training works. It's parallel to a civilian course; you go through apprenticeship training, journeyman, and master-level. They get plenty of on-the-job training. In fact, training for their job is their job, once they complete basic military training.

Employers hire veterans for these fields not just out of respect for their service, but because of the character traits like punctuality, reliability, trustworthiness, and perseverance that stem from the military life.