Show about the reign of Pope Pius XIII

I've gotta say this is probably the best show from HBO this decade. Thoughts?

I AIN'T NO FORTUNATE SON, NO!

The shittiest fucking >>>Holla Forums I've watched this decade, started out promising, ended up getting its neghole pozzed all the way to cuck island.

It worked for BSG. Why not some Pope?

I wish there was a channel were we actually have legit documentaries on historical topics related to the west. Not bullshit "the crusades were bad mmkay" that the history channel turned out to be.

Puritans are the cancer of history, thought. Past christian ones or modern feminist ones.

Really user, it's the eternal Anglos who are the cancer, just think, about it.

Are you lost? Do you really think there were beltbuckle wearing quakers with blunderbii during the retaking of jerusalem? Is that what's passing for history class at the local middle school these days?

What's so good about Pope Jude Law? Did he excommunicate all the pedo priests? Raise a christian army to remove kebab?

Yes, I was completely imagining fucking quakers in the middle ages bearing swords and crap. You totally nailed the use of the Occam's blade on that argument interpretation.

This actually happens in the tv series, and not only the pedos, but all homos, except one, whom he uses.

The young (((pope)))

How fucking stupid are you.

John Oliver is better.

How so? I rremember I started it and ended up never finishing it.

The last time this thread was made, I wrote paragraphs explaining everything wrong with this. The autism is not with me to do so again.

tl;dr: it's a show of empty promises and a complete waste of time.

Only degenerates are offended by purity.

lel

How were the crusades good?

You wouldn't know, you probably live in britanistan or saudi germania where the muds won.

Reminder that learningcode is the one pushing the anglo vs germanic shitposting.

Great answer. Should I just assume that you '''can't'" tell me why they were good? Is it because you kbow I'll have a counterpoint to any of the claims you make?

I am but simple christian, in awe of your fedora powers.

Kinda, so I just went with eu mud invasion joke. I'm happy your question was ridiculous enough to warrant the silly answer, but the joke wasn't that good

The crusades were done because Muslims were invading much of Europe in order to conquer it.

What those critical of the crusades do, is they ignore the many battles within Europe against the Muslim invaders and talk as though the crusades consisted solely of Europeans invading the Middle East which is only part of the story.

It true that Europeans fought in the Middle East, but it was because they were trying to push back the Muslim invaders.

So really the crusades were a fairly positive thing to have done as it was Christian Europe fighting against Muslim invaders that wanted to destroy their way of life.

Good point. My counterpoint was actually going to include that the only positive "crusades" were the ones that took place in Europe (against Muslims not the ones targeted at pagans).

They would have done better to fortify their own defences than to push into the middle east. How much manpower did they lose because they killed pagans? The figures aren't concrete but even the lowest estimates are pretty high. Every one of those people would have been an extra defender for Europe. Also why did they sack Byzantium if they were on a quest against Muslims?

learningcode is imkampfy, a Holla Forums mod, who is so denied his infighting fun on Holla Forums that he posts here now.

The crusades is a complicated topic because there is a heap ton of disinfo on all sides. The mainstream view is that white europe christians were oppressing poor sand niggers. The reality is that the (((Catholic Church))) through the Jesuit order created Islam and that the crusades is the first major instance of jews sending its puppets to fight one another. Purging the sand nigger hordes from europe was just collateral for them. They wanted the holy land just like all jews covet it, and keep it today. After completing their main objectives they now had a standing army and were able to send those armies up north to start forcibly converting parts of europe that were not catholic christian.

The bottom line is that we would have not had a crusades without the church rallying everyone BUT we would not have had Islam if it were not for the very exact same church. Just like jews play both sides, so does the (((church))). All semitic religions are in essence the same but fulfill distinct purposes.

Fuck. You beat me to its anyhow…

Poetry

These faggots left for 12 hours and for we were actually having fun. Now the sadness returns.

but you aren't pure, you're just a piece of shit using a pseudo-imaginary purity so you can call yourself better than the people you want to kill.

puritans are cancer, and their stupidity lead to current feminism and leftism (not as a cause, but as an enabler). specially when their retarded religion says that you should give the coat off your back to the poor who want to kill you and always put the other cheek when you get slapped/shot/hit/stabbed by people who again, want to kill you, cuckstianity is a religion for weak people created by another religion which is far older and hence more experienced at world domination.

*tips*

oh shit the hat meme, this brings me back to 2010

Fun fact: he played pugsley in one I the Addams family movies.

*of

Can't really expect a well reasoned and humane response against a vicious invasion by foreign hordes.

Given the difference in hostility between Muslims and Christians, based on how many battles occurred where, I consider it a mercy that the Christians only did as much damage as they did.

I feel those people of Europe at the time were a bit justified in being more than a bit pissed off and thinking they needed to beat down this group that was attacking them. Which is likely why most lessons on the history of the time will avoid commenting on these invasions by the Muslims, since separating those invasions from the crusades makes the crusades seem unreasonable.

I feel a bit pathetic that the main reason I even started learning about any of this was because of Horrible Histories.

Because they pushed the Muslims out of Europe. IIRC I do not know much but Muslims had pretty big control in parts of the continent and treated christans like shit and raped and murdered them for a few hundred years until the pope said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and the crusades drove them out and liberated them.

I can see why you might think that. At the same time, I appreciate the show for ending rather conclusively while also giving the viewer some leeway. It's a bit refreshing that it doesn't end on a cliffhanger baiting for 6 more seasons like other shows.

It's not an HBO show. It also sucked - the opening was promising, you were kind of hoping to see how far and deep he would wrap his tendrils into the entire Catholic church - the whole first half was showing how depraved and immoral he was, and how naked his pursuit of power was. Then he found jesus or some shit and became compasionate, totally out of character and unsatisfying. I was psyched based on all the 70+ clips of the show on youtube before the release, but the ultimate arc of the series was unsatisfying.

Lenny cucks out and becomes accepting and loving, instead of smashing the libs and purifying the church as he set out to do. yuge disappointment.