LynxChan 1.8

What is LynxChan?
LynxChan is a chan engine developed with performance, efficiency and flexibility in mind. It powers several chans ( lynxhub.com/lynxchan/res/285.html ) and contains a number of community-created front-ends ( gitgud.io/LynxChan/LynxChan-ThirdPartyFrontEnds ).
It offers a number of features, including:
-File deduplication, saving bandwidth, disk space and allowing users to post files without uploading them.
-Overboard, aggregating posts from the whole site on a single place so users can browse more easily.
-Multi-board, allowing users to aggregate posts from only selected boards.
-Extensive anti-spam and anti-flood tools that aim to both impede and reduce damage without inconveniencing users.
-Add-on support, which enables features to be added without the need for a fork.
-Modular front-end and language pack allows for the site owner to customize it without having to change the actual software.

LynxChan 1.8 main addition is multi-lingual support.
This feature allows site owners to specify alternative language packs and front-ends and associate languages to them.
When an user visits the site, the engine seamlessly picks an available language from the user and serves content in that language.

This version brings some other minor features so far:
-More granular and specific verbose modes.
-A terminal command to perform a clean shutdown of the engine.
-A board setting that allows for a maximum age that threads are allowed to be bumped.
-Improved spammer and TOR ips storage.

This version will be released 03/17, LynxChan can be found at gitgud.io/LynxChan/LynxChan.

Other urls found in this thread:

endchan.xyz/overboard/
nextchan.org/*/sfw/catalog
nextchan.org/test/
blake2.net/
catalog.neet.tv/g/
endchan.xyz/tech/catalog.html
lowlatencyweb.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/500000-requestssec-modern-http-servers-are-fast/
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/empiric
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get out of here stephan, no one wants to use your shitty engine

What a pathetic narcissist.

In the meanwhile, none of the other chan developers managed to figured it yet.

In the land of the blind, he who has one eye is king.

why is it not written in rust?

Because I am not a pozzed sanfran SJW.

not an argument huehuehue

Correction: the release date is 5/17.

Maybe because none of the users give a shit

Maybe I actually care about chans instead of useless cunt that do nothing but bitch all day about anything and everything.

jej

Does this really need a thread? Is stephan a pajeet?

Nah, I just like to trigger this board.

the only audience you can find

WEB SCALE

Can it create catalog from multiple boards?
Multiboard chans that I seen so far missed this feature and it was deal-breaker for me.

No, it does not have a catalog for either overboard or multi-board.

Kill yourself StephenCuckhold

Infinity+Vichan and Infinity Next does that.

Almost every imageboard has an overboard.
4chon, 8ch.pl, Nextchan, Lainchan, the list goes on.

He says, on a site that doesn't have an overboard.

fucking KEK

What is overboard?

As far as I know only Holla Forums's proprietary fork of Infinity has file deduplication, and it doesn't let users post files without uploading them.

endchan.xyz/overboard/

Arch Linux is best OS

nextchan.org/*/sfw/catalog

Infinity Next checks for md5 hashes before uploading a file. Try uploading the same file twice at nextchan.org/test/

L O L

What do you recommend, Sergio?

blake2.net/

LynxChan also uses md5, that wasn't me.

He never said anything about next not allowing to post files without uploading them, though, he was talking about 8ch.

Well, if overboard and multiboard catalogs are a dealbreaker for you, by all means, use nextchan.
I won't try and argue against the fact it is indeed something that LynxChan doesn't have or try to justify why I won't implement it.
I'd just like to point that nextchan doesn't have multi-boards at all.

I know. Infinity Next is not Infinity.

Why the fuck would anyone use this shit instead of vichan? Dumb beaner

Because vichan is a stagnant pile of turd and there's no better alternative.

It's incredible how wide open the market for an imageboard engine is, but nobody competent fills it, and the people who are willing to do it would rather do a muh minimalist textpunk shit from the 80s that literally nobody sane wants to use, than make something function-first and modern.

Aside from all the features, performance, stability, security and documentation?

And I assume you got a benchmark to prove the every single other putting lynxchan performing serveral times faster were wrong?

You wouldn't just go to the internet and talk out of your ass, would you?

b-b-bb-u-u-bu-b-but i-i-i-b-but i-it's a-a-a m-meme l-languag-g-g-gg-ge!!!j-j-jjavascript is w-worst!!!

every catalog except for the 4chan vanilla and neet.tv ones suck.

4chan-x introduced that pop up catalog thing next has (only if you click on a thread though) and it sucks.

What do want from a catalog?

You know that your memegod is slower than vichan's static html cache with a kernel cache, right?
Here's a tip, faggot, how fast you serve doesn't matter. Anyone can cache. What matters is how fast you build. You've been shown to be a fucking retard on multiple occasions, and lynxchan picked the absolute slowest way to build. It doesn't even "template" in the sense that everyone else means.

OK, and where are the benchmarks?

Exactly what 4chan. I'm a very open minded person who doesn't get attached to things like an autist but everything should be like 4chan, 4chan is perfect and flawless in every conceivable way.

4chan didn't create that catalog style, they just adopted it because it's the best use of space and usability.

catalog.neet.tv/g/

That is cutting off text.
It doesn't show the thread topic.
It doesn't have the page of the thread.

Is that what you want?

what month is 17?

month/year, not day/month.

comparison

I know how it is.
Still cutting text, still not having the subject or the thread page.

Again, is that what you want?

Anywhere that shows tuned nginx and static HTML files, or Varnish cache.
The burden is on you to prove that you're faster than this. Not the other way around.
Protip: you cannot. Because you will never be faster with your shitty filesystem abstraction. You will never be faster than fucking redis cache for serving cached thread HTML. You will always be slower with your shitty thread and index building. You are, and will always, be slower, no matter how many times you try to pull out the "MONGODB IS WEB SCALE" argument.

The big issue is thumbnail size, on 8ch style catalog they are too small and if you increase the size to large it causes there to be not enough threads on a row.

Benchmarks already shown lynxchan being faster.
So no, the burden is on you.

only 7 threads per row on lynxchan.

That has nothing to do with the engine, but with the CSS being used.
The css is a part of the front-end, not the engine, because lynxchan uses modular front-ends instead of making just a giant ball of mud.

If you look at endchan:
endchan.xyz/tech/catalog.html
They have 9 on a 1920p width.
And again, just change the css to the front-end being used, that has nothing to do with lynxchan.

Josh used to not have the click through, he was very autistic about not copying desuwa for some reason when he found time to work on the catalog.
People were working on it but it seems the holidays have slowed it down.

Code words for "shit non-templating that's slower than anything else"
It's like lynx has never heard of overrides, or templating languages, and set out to build pages in the slowest way possible using modern tools.

Scratch that, there was the faggot who was building pages dynamically via shell script. I guess Lynx doesn't quite outright win the dumbfuck award.

I explained how the engine is optimized a dozen or so times, if you refuse to listen, I won't bother explaining it again.

4chan invented image forums, idiot

everyone else is just a tryhard copycat trying to be as cool as 4chan

and css is one of the most important parts of the site since it's what users interact with and see.

Those scrollbars make it eye cancer.

Faster than what?
Show me the benchmarks.
Slower than vichan? Holla Forums? Nextchan? Dynamic? Static? Cached? Are you talking about throughput/second?
You're a dumbfuck brazillian who made some javashit games and can't own up to glaring architectural mistakes in your steaming shitpile. The mistakes require a complete rewrite, because you autistically based it around your retarded decisions.

ebin sarcasm.

4chan didn't invent the image board and they didn't invent the catalog either.

lmao

And this is why everyone is using next, right? Oh, wait, it crashed and burned because josh was a faggot that couldn't think past making pretty shit.

So yeah, nah, the back-end is the most important back because if it doesn't work, you don't get to interact with the site.

CSS can always be easily tweaked after, even on the client-side alone. People who can't look past CSS are no better than facebook moms.

Odili talked about them a billion times blowing vichan and next out of the water. LynxChan managed to handle about 250 requests per second per core. I am still waiting for your benchmarks.

You can easily serve static HTML files using nginx at crazy throughput. Something like 25k, maybe even 50k r/s for static HTML before you have to start to tune your TCP stack.
lowlatencyweb.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/500000-requestssec-modern-http-servers-are-fast/

Guess you lost in 2012, dipshit.
Not even going to get into your retarded comparison to a dynamic website with no cache. It's clear that you are not a competent developer. But that was already clear enough when you made the decisions that you did.

If it was up to me the default theme would be tomorrow and any pages beyond 1 would be replaced by the catalog.

css lives matter.

Ok, then benchmark lynxchan against another engine serving these files.

No, I want your benchmarks. You keep saying you're FASTER THAN NGINX WITH STATIC FILES (and a kernel cache) BECAUSE WEBSCALE, and I just showed you that you're not.
Are you some sort of fucking retard or what? How is it possible, thread after thread, you ignore mini lessons on benchmarking, that it's a hard thing to do, and you're sitting here still suggesting that someone else has to provide benchmarks, which largely are not even comparing the same thing?

You're the one making the claim, dipshit. You already admitted that your thread/index building throughput was SLOWER than Infinity Next on the beta.

How embarassing that must've been, I guess that's why you're sitting here shitposting and not actually trying to benchmark your dogshit.

No, I don't benchmark myself because I don't have the patience to also benchmark PHP shit. Tried to install vichan and it wouldn't work for the life in it. So my benchmarks wouldn't have much value if I wouldn't also benchmark alternatives on the same stack.

And if you want to ignore the empiric evidence of both freech and endchan handling whatever load they have to handle just fine and prefers to think some PHP ball of shit is better, I am not particularly worried either.

I would tell you to ask odili for his benchmarks, but I think he lost them.

Nice typo, you dipshit brazillian.
Yeah, you're just a fucking retard. Figures. Shitskins do have lower IQs, after all.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/empiric

I don't think its my fault if an engine is so bad it doesn't do the most basic shit that any half-assed engine have been doing for the past twenty years or so.

It's a page where you go to be reminded that your site moves so slow its entire userbase can fit on one page.

Is there any chan with good technology discussion running Lynxchan?

end/tech/ is fine, IMO, but very slow.

It's "empirical evidence", shitskin.

You really don't seem to understand caching layers, it's no wonder you made the same mistake as vichan and then worked around it with your build queue.
Your nigger brain can understand only something that does everything for you, and your build queue will fail catastrophically.
And yes, it is your fault that your engine builds slower than Infinity Next. That was a deliberate decision on your part, because you are a fucking retard that didn't know about templating languages. Too late now, everyone would have to rewrite if you changed it, there's no shame in admitting that you fucked up.

Thank you, I will check it out.

Every single dictionary I found says that "empiric" is a valid term. Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass for a change.

And I won't argue with next apologists. It doesn't cache. Period. I will change what I say about it when it changes how it works.
If you want to suck josh's dick so hard, nextchan is right over there ready for you to use it.

Best thing you've said in this thread.

empiric is a noun. empirical is an adjective.

As a noun, you stupid shitskin.
Neither does nodejs, dipshit.
You did the following
1) pulled in a one-size-fits-all bucket
2) building static files in the slowest way possible
3) wrote static files to the bucker in a way that the documentation specifically states not to do
PHP can do the same thing, and in fact it does. It's called vichan. Except they didn't make the stupid mistake that leads your templating to be so slow, and they write to disk. Odili himself worked on writing to Redis. The same thing can be done with MongoDB, in that context, if someone actually wanted to work on it.
But, the problem is: what if you want some dynamic content, and you're not a mod? There are better ways to cache.

It can be used as both.

Who are you quoting?

Yeah, no.
Fuck off back to hueland.

No, but lynxchan does.
The more you talk, the less you seem to actually know about the subject. Feel free to shitpost and use whatever PHP crap you want.

?

Lynxchan does this with a caching layer. But it so tighly integrates the caching layer, and does it in a way that is explicitly against the recommended usage in the documentation.
Really, it's quite monolithic. You've tied yourself to a single backend that does practically everything for you. The only benefit is initial ease of deployment.
Anyone can add a caching layer to any engine, Odili himself presented a hack to cache static files in Redis for vichan, which then can be served via nginx with a module.
The more you talk, it's becoming increasingly clear that you do not want to talk about the mistakes you made. You keep saying that it was "stylistically designed to be that way" as an excuse for your blunders, each more and more hilarious.
You do not know what you're talking about. Just stop.

Not to mention the hack that now powers this shithole.

bump

lol this desperation

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
rude desu

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
A Jushin Liger by any other name?

Warning! Multiplication!!

How about you go kill yourselves. Thanks.

Sometimes you just gotta let them leave their nest
Godspeed Lillie ;_;7

Couture Atalier is doing pretty good for a fat manlet

It helps you engage your hip drive

They do have a good following, but they have a number of noticeable differences to the Leica.

The most significant are the rangefinder base distance and the build quality. The rangefinder base distance is the distance between the rangefinder window and the viewfinder. See the little black box to the left of the white window? That's the rangefinder window. Now look where it is on a Leica M3. It's a lot farther away. The longer the distance of the rangefinder base, the easier (or more precise) the focusing is.

The build quality is also not quite up to Leica's standard. The body feels comparatively 'cheap' in the hand, and the shutter is quite loud.

All that said though, they're great cameras and a great way to start using M-mount lenses

Define "finish". If he could live forever, he would work forever, as there is probably an infinite amount of things to know and understand about this place.

classical should be in the center
replace skrillex with burzum

Power Rangers have been around for over 20 years
I'm pretty sure Hasbro will find plenty of ways to make it work
at least it looks like they're getting away from the high school setting finally

sage

Hello Josh

>"LynxChan is a chan engine"