The Real Reason American Jews Won’t Be Voting for Trump

The Real Reason American Jews Won’t Be Voting for Trump

The Republican nominee’s race-based nationalism, his anti-Semitic innuendos, his position on Israel and his attacks on Muslims and immigrants are all deeply offensive. But that’s not what’s panicking most U.S. Jews.

It is distinctly dispiriting, in my view, to watch our national political life become a giant reality show. For that reason, I am relieved that the Republican National Convention is finally over. It subjected us to an even larger dose of what we have been experiencing since Donald J. Trump entered the presidential race. Many things happened at the convention, but a sober consideration of the issues was not among them.

Still, I am reasonably confident, although not certain, that Trump will lose the election in November. What is certain, however, is that, win or lose, Trump will not be getting the votes of American Jews this fall.

Many Jews will vote for Hillary Clinton because they, like me, see her as tough, experienced, and highly qualified to be President, not to mention a friend of the Jewish people and the Jewish state. But even those who don’t much like Hillary or have been voting Republican for years will be supporting Mrs. Clinton in overwhelming numbers.

As Jennifer Rubin reports in the Washington Post, board members of the Republican Jewish Coalition, who are the Republican Party’s most loyal Jewish backers, are mostly refusing to give Trump money. And although Ms. Rubin is an aggressively conservative voice, she predicts with dismay that Hillary Clinton could receive 90 percent of the Jewish vote.

The important question, of course, is why. Most of the commentary in the Jewish press has focused on specific issues: Trump’s stand on Israel, his reaction to the anti-Semitism of his supporters, and his attacks on Muslims and immigrants. Yet if you talk to Jews of all political persuasions, you discover that Trump’s policies and positions are mostly beside the point.

Political messages and platforms, no matter how outrageous, can be changed, or massaged, or reformulated. All candidates from time to time say outrageous and offensive things. But what cannot be changed is a candidate’s fundamental character. And what I am now hearing from American Jews is the panicked conclusion that Trump is not a populist maverick, as some originally thought, but a true maniac, singing from the same songbook that despots and mad men have long employed for their own purposes.

Imagine the following sequence of events: Trump is elected President and decides that following up on his most popular proposal, he will, by Executive Order, ban immigrants from Muslim countries from entering the United States, at least until they can, in his judgment, be “properly vetted.” Liberal groups challenge the President in court, and the Supreme Court invalidates the Executive Order by a vote of 6-2. In a televised address to the nation, President Trump announces that the Court has exceeded its authority, ignored the will of the people, and misread the Constitution. The liberal justices, he says, were prejudiced against him, mentioning Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg’s critical comments about him prior the election. Thus, the Court’s decision was a personal affront to the country’s newly elected President, and in any case, this is a matter that is properly within the President’s purview. The Executive Order stands, President Trump declares, and will be carried out to the letter by immigration officials.

The real problem with the Trump candidacy is not any single issue but the fact that this does not seem like an unrealistic scenario for a President Trump. And a substantial number of Americans, perhaps even a majority, probably agree—which is why Trump is likely to lose. An ego-driven, shoot-from-the-hip showman, Mr. Trump, if elected, would be a one-man, constitutional crisis in waiting. At the same time, it is impossible to imagine such a scenario with a President Hillary Clinton. Ms. Clinton, in this sense, is a traditional politician, and it is unthinkable that her election would pose a challenge to our constitutional system.

That is why 90% of American Jews will not vote for Trump. Jews, whether Democrats or Republicans, are small “L” liberals. They overwhelmingly support a strong middle-class, and they crave stability and security in politics. Also, as an oppressed and persecuted people for nearly two millennia before making their way to America, Jews have more experience than most other Americans with dictators and demagogues. They also have a fuller understanding of precisely how fragile modern democratic governments are.

Other urls found in this thread:

haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.732745
archive.is/RwBqj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And that fragility seems especially pronounced right now. America has maintained its democratic institutions by pulling off a delicate balancing act: On one side of the scale, an assertive American nationalism, rooted in common democratic ideals, cultural union, and compelling national rituals; on the other side, inclusiveness, a remarkable degree of diversity, and constitutional guarantees of individual rights. No other country has succeeded in preserving this balance in quite the same way. Even among the advanced, industrialized democracies, nationalism generally rests as much on tribalism as on shared values, and individual freedoms and religious liberty are often compromised in a way that Americans would not tolerate.

Looking at the American system of constitutional government, Jews know that they have lived here as a small minority with a security and dignity that they have found no place else on earth. But they also know that stable democratic governments do not come into being easily, or naturally, or without sustained effort. And now, along comes Donald Trump, threatening the constitutional balance in a way unimaginable since the 1930s.

Trump’s nationalism is not value-based but race-based. He speaks the language of white nationalism, sometimes openly and sometimes by innuendo. He despises immigrants and the diversity that has long been both a fact and a value in America. He incites hatred. He is a nativist and a Birther, who cast doubt in an especially ugly way on the legitimacy and Americanism of our country’s first black President. He plays around the edges of fascism.

The simple truth is that the Jews look at the disruptive potential of a Trump presidency, and they are terrified. And even when Trump makes an effort to appear “presidential,” as he passingly did in his Thursday night address, it convinces no one. Absent the narcissistic bluster, Trump becomes unrecognizable—an altogether different candidate that, we know, will be gone by tomorrow, if not an hour from now.

Will Trump as President protect the State of Israel and America’s other major allies? My own view is that he will not. Still, his foreign policy pronouncements are such a hodgepodge that it is impossible to know for sure. But American Jews will make their voting decisions this November for different reasons altogether. And the overwhelming majority will not vote for Trump for the simple reason that they are afraid for America.

haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.732745
archive.is/RwBqj

WHEN IN THE FUCK HAS TRUMP EVER SAID ANYTHING ANTI-ISRAEL?

FUCKING KIKES YOU'RE NEVER HAPPY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEV

Like niggers, kikes are a leftist voting block. 75% of their vote always goes left, just like most of their donations. They were never going to vote Trump.

trump must have fucked over so many jews in Brooklyn to cause them to hate him so much

…there are no "American" Jews. They are loyal to Israel and no one else.

Of course the kikes won't be voting for Trump this November. A Trump presidency threatens a return to self-rule for American white gentiles. Why would kikes vote against their control of our country?

Kikes are such shameless hypocrites.

Are you too stupid to know that Jews hate gentiles no matter what, and especially the assertive and self-interested ones?

So, where was this guy when ADL, AIPAC and other completely unconstitutional organizations were being registered?

ye but trump's from new york, you would think that he would at least gain a few yid supporters form there

Yes, and? Do you honestly think that an American president could get elected in current year without being publicly pro-(((our greatest ally)))? With the level of kike influence in our entire political system and their hold over geopolitics it's a necessary evil. The true colors of Trump will be seen after he takes office. Until then, these videos mean absolutely jack shit.

You know what jews..

Many times people become what is expected of them.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU MEME

YOU'RE CREATING YOUR OWN RAHOWA

Yeah I know Schlomo, wait for hitler and all that

Also, can someone give me that article by another yid where he says that the Constitution needs to be abolished because the Founding Fathers "could not foresee the complexity of the country they created"?

They only pretend to like you, the same way they pretended to like blacks when they created the NAACP in 1909 but couldn't be bothered to elect a negro to head the organisation until the 1970's.

The jewish population of the usa holds no significance in the general election

stop copypasta'ing whole articles.

reported

This is exactly what is happening. I'm surprised they cannot see it.
If you call somebody something long enough without evidence, they will eventually shrug and take up the mantel.
Just look at Mr. Garrison.

there's a place for people like you
>>>/cuckchan/

I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post..

You need to leave

*starter

actually, that user is right which is why they usually make sure the two candidates that are up there are already kosher. They work behind the scenes with money and political organization.

learn to politics faggot

My previous posts must of upset you.

Thanks for revealing yourselves again, kikes.

Whats weird is where I live all the jews ARE voting for him, its crazy. They even raised money and had signs out.

You clearly don't understand how this site works, you stupid newfag. The fact that you don't see why you were wrong from the other guy's post and your filename show that you are new as hell.

See, even shilling for Israel and having Jewish family members still isn't going to get you anywhere in modern politics.

The big-media Jews have lost touch with their own average Jews. The average Jew senses things are about to shift and doesn't want to end up in anotha shoah.

Right, be he's not shilling for Israel to get Jewish votes.

He's shilling for Israel to get the Evangelical vote.

What the hell are you on about, faggot?

I can guarantee that my posting history goes further back than yours.

Mussolini founded his Fascist Party in 1919. The Lincoln Memorial was finished in 1920. The Mercury dimes were first struck in 1916

LOL

That's why I'm voting for him. This article reads like a wet dream

Damn, you're newer than I thought

Which news article brought you here?

*filename numbers

I'm so fucking sick of kikes cloaking themselves in the flag as they stab us in the back.

Are you retarded?

Shitposting aside. Honestly, it's taken a long time to get faggots to archive the articles they post, seeing some/all of an article posted plus the archive is an improvement.

You big dummy…

The reason is simply that he wants to improve the country and they only ever want to destroy it.

And this is exactly what should happen.

But it won't, because there is already a federal law giving the President authority to ban foreigners for any reason, no need for any executive order.

The federal judiciary must be brought to heel, it is a servant of the law, and is not superior to the other branches, and it has NO NEGATIVE on any law. President Trump will be right to ignore it's futile "rulings" when they subject the nation to danger.

Ben "One Man Shoah" Garrison?
Ben "Nigger Killing Machine" Garrison?
Ben "Zyklon B" Garrison?

Good thing kikes are a tiny minority and their vote does not fucking matter

user there are SIX GORILLION of them in the USA.

If every single jew voted they could swing an election.

I don't think the big guys really care if the middle level jews get shoa'd.

What the FUCK kind of pretend game are you playing, kike?

Jews were never going to support Trump, regardless of what he said, because it wasn't going to be globalist Jewish garbage coming out of his mouth.

Daily Reminder

These fucking kikes… They just lie, blatantly, and they're allowed to.

Someone needs to shut their lying Jewish mouths.

Ben "The Six-Ton Terror of Tel Aviv" Garrison

It was never about Israel. It was about him not being directly on their payroll.

Even with the most pro-Israel platform of all time, he'd still lose.
What matters is if they're paying you and have a pedo/gay/rape/fraud scandal to keep you in line.

They don't. Little and medium Jews are just shekels and meat to be bargained and sacrificed for the big ones.

It also doesn't help that the majority of their population is confined in South Florida, Philadelphia, NYC and sprinkled throughout California LA and San Fransisco.

Their power lies in the media, which they control, and the countless PACs, orgs NGOs, and charities they leverage against western nations.

Good news is they're dying out due to intermarriage (pic related). This is the reason for the current acceleration of their plans towards greater Israel.

Excellent infograph.

But to add, that doesn't mean they're blameless, even if they might not realize it, they still act in the group's interest in addition to their own.

He has jews backing his campaign from top to bottom and has said a million times he sucks Israel's dick, i dont understand this post after reading first 3 sentences, should i read the rest?
I dont have much hopes in Trump, when pol is mainstream thats when we will get a real hero.

Many jews are indoctrinated by the magical book that regulates their daily lives, the Talmud, and those that aren't are usually influenced by others who are, and when that fails the Hebraisms they blindly follow produce their kikery. The rest is due to their nature, inbred for almost a millenia.

When has he done this? He's been saying he loves Israel ever since he started running…

OP wrote this garbage? Seems like it's cuntpasted from some yid website. Anyway, I stopped reading here;

"Many Jews will vote for Hillary Clinton because they, like me, see her as tough, experienced, and highly qualified to be President, "

hahaha ok I see the followup post now and it's from Haaretz. Yeah in the oven that waste goes.

(((Oy vey)))

mixed those two up

They sure do.

fuck off…

I enjoyed Karate Kid part 2…

sage

wtf? The whole article is filler except this part

shit thread, shit article

75% of jews in the USA are Democrats. Of course they would vote Hillary, and thats why Hillary is a rabid zionist. She won't alienate her base.

It's everyone else's fault the Shekel Kings were tossed on their asses, goy :^)

The Jews will spew their vomit from their mouths against trump more and more, and the right will grow more fervent against them. Those putrid beings.

Jew spotted!

He was proving Kevin MacDonald right

His example is completely constitutional, the president has power to exclude any aliens from the country he wants, it's one of his duties. The supreme court case he puts forth should never even exist because the constitution is quite explicit. The supreme court is not the legislative branch and certainly can't change the constitution which is supposed to require the support of the states as well.

Who is that dyke landwhale in the green glasses? Did she eat all those rabbis?