Worst ending of any TV series ever?

Worst ending of any TV series ever?

I don't think it's possible to top the ending of everyone unanimously deciding to leave all technology behind and becoming cavemen without toilet paper, medicine or dental technique. Worse, there are actually troglodytes out there defending this retarded beyond down syndrome ending.

Other urls found in this thread:

theandrewblog.net/2011/09/23/7-big-questions-about-battlestar-galacticas-finale/
vimeo.com/10166259
twitter.com/AnonBabble

theandrewblog.net/2011/09/23/7-big-questions-about-battlestar-galacticas-finale/

Sounds like the writers listened to varg a little too much.

I feel things BSG and Lost ending with religious, specifically Christian symbology and imagery, was deliberate. To anger fans and turn them against religion.

Religion is great, as long as it is not jewish.

Maybe not the worst finale per se, as the finale wasn't great but wasn't the weakest part, but Lost's entire last season was an absolute shit show. The quality of everything just plummeted, even the music during the last season just suddenly got terrible.

I can understand people who have lost entirely or who say it got bad after the first season or third season or whatever, but I was on board all the way through the fifth season finale. I was happy to be about to start watching the final 6th season, but from the very first episode it just was AWFUL. There were a couple episodes that were slightly better, including the finale, but it was still all together bad, and the wrap up and afterlife shit and whatnot were just asanine.

As for Battlestar Galactica, I enjoyed the first two seasons, but the second two seasons didn't do much for me, aside from one or two things like when they left New Caprica. That being said, while I do agree that the final episode was one of the most stupid things ever written, I did somehow enjoy it in some ways as a wrap up to the characters. Giving up all the tech and it being in the past of our earth was all pretty dumb, but other than that it felt more fulfilling as an end to several of the characters arcs than anything else I'd gotten in the rest of the episodes of the last two seasons.

Fucking still pissed about how Gaeta's story went down. Duala eating her gun was pretty appropriate and hilarious to me, but I felt like Gary's got written into being spaced for treason just for shock value and he deserved better based on what he did on the rest of the show.

It was pretty dumb. They could probably have gotten away with a montage of things breaking down and being forgotten as the generations passed by.

It was bad but I don't know if I would count it as the worst since the rest of the show except for the first 2 episodes and maybe the rest of the first season was so irredeemably shit. I was just glad it was over. My personal worst ending to a show is Dexter, the last like 4 seasons were all pretty bad but the ending just felt like a total slap in the face. Honorable mention goes to the third and final season of Hemlock Grove for having one of the quickest and most noticeable nosedives in quality I've seen since BSG.

They just made up wahtever they though fitted into the fucking mess of a story they had past season 3.

He was just a fag. Dualla was a cute and deserved better than Apollo.

Remember when that guy got fat?

Here's the real answer you fucks.

if you couldnt tell these shows we're shit, then you were either underage or you dont know what kino is.

The ending of the book series is also shit. Dexter had a good premise but lack a good resolution

I hesitate to say worst ending to any TV series ever, simply because it isn't wise to speak in hyperbole without really pausing to consider if it is, in fact, as severe as it is originally blurted out to be.
However.
Yes, definitely, absolutely, 100%, worst ending to any TV series ever, and I enjoyed Lost until the end. I liked Rosanne until the end. I enjoyed Dexter for like a season or two.
Watch The Shield to cleanse your palate

Was the last episode of dexter that bad? I stopped watching midway through the series. What happens?

LOST is kino

Star Trek Enterprise probably has a worse finale. Old Riker and old Troi pretend that they still fit in the TNG uniforms for 42 minutes while taking a tour of the NX-01. Trip dies for no reason and T'Pol's bum is still fantastic. I don't remember, but does Porthos make an appearance in the finale? Porthos had more character development than Travis Mayweather, a main cast member and the ship's black guy.

He steals his sisters comatose body and puts it on his ship. Then he sails directly into a cyclone.

That whole show was a shit. I could barely make myself watch it. It makes Voyager look good by comparison.

That's Lindelof's fault. He always name drops religion and mythology to cover up his piss poor writing. He knows that fan girls take all of those religions and myths and try to make up an explanation in their own heads.

most times people talk about star trek, Enterprise is completely forgotten

BSG's final conflict was pretty entertaining. The ship only has a few jumps left in her, so they take her in danger close against the cylons for a rescue mission. Everything after was shit, but the fight was good. The cg isn't nearly as good as I remember though.

Didn't CM add vimeo embeds? Shit's broke.
vimeo.com/10166259

New Caprica was completely retarded.

That doesn't look like Breaking Bad to me.

Soprano's.

*chortle*

it was good for first 2 seasons, then when they went into whole 12 special originals or whatever the fuck it was it degenerated into shit. bleh.

same with Lost. great for first season, some of second season but then just went to shit. how did it actually end?

I agree, Sopranos was so bad "gunshot fade to black" became a meme.

There wasn't a gunshot at the end of The Sopranos.

You're right! Considering that the person who opened tony's door at the end was supposed to be a villain or rival or whatever, I guess I filled in that blank.

Gunshot fade to black existed before Sopranos. It was common in 90s B-movies.

Yeah, like you said on b rank flick in the 90s. Sopranos was a big budget hbo series and thought they could get away something similar.

Does this count shows that ended unfinished? Because if so im sure Luther qualifies

The last season of dexter was hilariously bad, it was like I was watching a parody.

Zoroastrianism and Hinduism.
You could come up with some crazy shit with both, with Hinduism in particular being some absurd shit that could be used to write pretty much whatever shitty twist ending that you want.

Carnival