When did the art of trolling die?

when did the art of trolling die?

Other urls found in this thread:

hermetic.com/bey/taz_cont
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When newshits started thinking any reactions–even people pointing out their low effort trolling–made them successful.

when people mistook the act of trolling (named after the fishing technique) to mean any form of online abuse or un-popular opinion/inflammatory opinion.

I don't know. But what happened the the pony-fags was pretty damn savage. I did not see that coming at all. If that not trolling, I don't know what is.

the art of trolling never died it's just whoever is left on the internet from way back in the days before AOL are hiding behind so many layers of meta they're indistinguishable from normalfags

nobody puts in any effort anymore

when your whore mother did.

You're right I guess.

Speak for yourself, faggot. Many of us are actively engaged in sophisticated trolling/performance art/psy-ops campaigns.

aka LARPing

Poetic Terrorism

WEIRD DANCING IN ALL-NIGHT computer-banking lobbies. Unauthorized pyrotechnic displays. Land-art, earth-works as bizarre alien artifacts strewn in State Parks. Burglarize houses but instead of stealing, leave Poetic-Terrorist objects. Kidnap someone & make them happy. Pick someone at random & convince them they're the heir to an enormous, useless & amazing fortune–say 5000 square miles of Antarctica, or an aging circus elephant, or an orphanage in Bombay, or a collection of alchemical mss. Later they will come to realize that for a few moments they believed in something extraordinary, & will perhaps be driven as a result to seek out some more intense mode of existence.

Bolt up brass commemorative plaques in places (public or private) where you have experienced a revelation or had a particularly fulfilling sexual experience, etc.

Go naked for a sign.

Organize a strike in your school or workplace on the grounds that it does not satisfy your need for indolence & spiritual beauty.

Grafitti-art loaned some grace to ugly subways & rigid public monuments–PT-art can also be created for public places: poems scrawled in courthouse lavatories, small fetishes abandoned in parks & restaurants, xerox-art under windshield-wipers of parked cars, Big Character Slogans pasted on playground walls, anonymous letters mailed to random or chosen recipients (mail fraud), pirate radio transmissions, wet cement…

The audience reaction or aesthetic-shock produced by PT ought to be at least as strong as the emotion of terror– powerful disgust, sexual arousal, superstitious awe, sudden intuitive breakthrough, dada-esque angst–no matter whether the PT is aimed at one person or many, no matter whether it is “signed” or anonymous, if it does not change someone's life (aside from the artist) it fails.

PT is an act in a Theater of Cruelty which has no stage, no rows of seats, no tickets & no walls. In order to work at all, PT must categorically be divorced from all conventional structures for art consumption (galleries, publications, media). Even the guerilla Situationist tactics of street theater are perhaps too well known & expected now.

An exquisite seduction carried out not only in the cause of mutual satisfaction but also as a conscious act in a deliberately beautiful life–may be the ultimate PT. The PTerrorist behaves like a confidence-trickster whose aim is not money but CHANGE.

Don't do PT for other artists, do it for people who will not realize (at least for a few moments) that what you have done is art. Avoid recognizable art-categories, avoid politics, don't stick around to argue, don't be sentimental; be ruthless, take risks, vandalize only what must be defaced, do something children will remember all their lives–but don't be spontaneous unless the PT Muse has possessed you.

Dress up. Leave a false name. Be legendary. The best PT is against the law, but don't get caught. Art as crime; crime as art.

hermetic.com/bey/taz_cont

Guerilla ontology

Based RAW!

Indeed!

When normie morons started confusing trolling with flamebaiting. I guarantee you 90+% of the 'trolling' you see today is just flamebaiting.

when Holla Forums and the chans got swamped with actual retard rednecks

decent troll. 2/10, made me reply

source?
not gay btw.

by chris armin

futa =/= gay

robert anton wilson is a pretty cool guy, eh sees teh and doesn't afraid of anything

maybe in your world

fuck, f n o r d s are filtered to (nothing) .

the f n o r d s , I see them.

nope, real world

when was the last time you went to the real world?

today, when I got food

stupid normie

I have to, or I'll die painfully

just eat semen like the other gays

it not gay tho

i'm not your parents, i swear. just tell the truth.

I did tell the truth. It isn't gay.

what show is this from?

must be something gay

it isn't a show, it is a movie
the watchmen

When fags started politicizing everything.

quads of truth

>>>/out/

no

Trolling was replaced my maymay warfare and weponized autism

Late 2012

that better be glued onto that statue

If it is masculine, or has a penis, it's a guy.

im an open trump supporter. and when i debate my very left family they say "oh hes just trolling"

check the urban dictionary term for the word. the first one is wrong, the second is spot on