Christians get their morality from The Bible...

Christians get their morality from The Bible, which has led to the creation of Western Civilization and brought unprecedented peace and prosperity to those who embraced it, meanwhile atheists seek to destroy Christianity, and, like it or not, Western Civilization, and replace it with… what?

The fact is, atheists have no basis for their morality; if they can justify it to themselves, they can do whatever they want, just look at Stalin, Mao Zedong, Hitler, etc. for examples of this happening. If we allow atheists to have their way and destroy Christianity, Western Civilization will follow shortly; why take that risk?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 13
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 21&version=ESV
biblehub.com/exodus/21-2.htm
counter-currents.com/2012/04/the-enigma-of-hitler/
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz42hBg4jys
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where in the fuck did you learn that shit?
Not in school, I can tell you that!
You are ignorant, OP. If you are stupid then there is no hope for you, but if you are not stupid you can fix your ignorance by attending a good school and paying attention to the teachers.
Good luck to you.

the bible says to stone gays

ITT: OP is right.

Bible: 1
Atheists: 0

Also
Gee just imagine what he would have done if he didn't have the BIBLE to guide his morality.

Who's arguing? I'm fine with the bible in this regard

Make me cum.

Matthew 24:37-42 aproves his role
Exodus 12:29 god killed all first born Egyptians and all cattle because of an asshole king.

pick one

what are you? Gay?

All along Christianity has been the true religion of peace

Are you sure?
From what I see

It's true God killed all the first-borns; it might have been a calculated way to show his power to the Pharaoh. Certainly the Jews had been enslaved by that society, so 'acts of war' were justified

-
Anyway what moral framework would an atheist use to criticise any of this

People who sacrifice their children to idols.
monstrosity no matter what modern society says
If you couldn't play your debt you became a slave. Lot smarter then today where you go to jail and live off tax payers money.
Daughter given to other people when family was too poor, no different from an orphanage
The people supported their king and are therefore accessories
Tip thy Fedora harder

We would not understand morality from the holy books if morality was not inherent to us. Therefore we do not get morality from god but from ourselves.
In this sense god is an abstraction of our thoughts.

Laws are based on our morals.

What about Ted Bundy's morals? Surely laws should be based on that.

You don't know they all supported their King

The majority very well could have.

What are you even arguing?
You're going in a circle

But God could do anything. He could have spared all of the ones who didn't support him- but he killed every firstborn

morality is an architypal social construct.
my cat doesn't have qualms about killing things and theft and rape didn't bother the vikings. you have to teach children not to be violent and dishonest. i get my morality from the back of a cornflakes packet, btw. in the small print.

Why didn't it say some of the Egyptians supported the Israelites? Because none of them did.

wow

God said put some blood on your front door to show you believe him. Those that didn't put the blood, their children were killed. Did you read the story? That shows that none of them supported Israel neither believed God. They wanted to call him bluff and he showed them who is supreme.

I didn't think the Egyptians would have known about the blood.
What I mean is, it's true they were of the Jewish party, but they might not have done anything wrong

Moses said it in the presence of the pharaoh. The word would have spread throughout the area.

Exodus 11:3
If he was very great people would have know what he was doing and saying in pharaoh's palace.

sure. #moses was a thing then. news travelled so slowly in those days because tweets were transcribed by hand onto parchment and distributed at the oasis.com.

Disregard atheism and christcuckery; acquire hermeticism (or even just a philosophy education in general).

This event was in one location. The news would have traveled. Moderns are too haughty with their twitter and Reddit. Maybe weak millennials would be helpless without the internet but the older folks weren't so cucked.

Deuteronomy 13 biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy 13
5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus 21&version=ESV
There are different versions biblehub.com/exodus/21-2.htm

Yeah, let's all live like the Amishes and Mormons, what could possibly go wrong

Living a life of modesty and family and everything is absolutely fine.
What's wrong with it? We should have a high population who consume few resources per person. Makes much more sense

Scandinavia is doing better than the US, and they're mostly atheists.

Deuteronomy 13/Deuteronomy 18:22

False prophet that promotes idolatry gets killed.
Matthew 18:25
A man in debt gets sold into slavery.

Wow I get that proves it

*guess

We should be able to delete posts

it took 1500 years for christianity to reach america, user. it took weeks for the news of napoleon's retreat to reach france. news didn't get around at all in biblical times.

Atheists get their morality from the idea of morality itself, which is a core belief in being a good person and responsible for humanity not wiping itself out so far, meanwhile religions seek to destroy each other, causing tons of wars and conflict.

The fact is: Religious people only believe in a moral if their faith tells them to - not because they believe in the idea itself. If they can justify it somehow through their faith, they do whatever they want, just look at the muslims which interpret their faith so differently depending on where they are from that they even hate each other. This is just an example, in theory this can happen within almost every religion if so desired.

If we allow religion to have its way and religions destroy each other, not only the western but all of civilization might be at risk. Why allow this?

America as a nation hasn't been around for long user.
He wasn't in france, that's why. We are talking about a single location, Thebes. I think they would have heard.

You fucking retard.

Because there is no disagreement about atheists on what morality is? Your way is completely subjective and eventually leads to the abolition of 'morality' itself. There is no reason an atheist should not be a completely hedonistic pursuer of pleasure.
Atheists believe Joseph Stalin and Mother Theresa both went to the same place when they died.

If you look at the 20th century- when atheism really became an important force- you don't see the end of war and bloodshed. I see an arena that needed much more Christianity and mercy; not more atheism and nihilism

Objective vs subjective morality, good stuff. You're on the right side, OP.

True, but you see a MASSIVE decline of it and the war that is left usually involves religion - specifically, muslims and jews.

Honestly though, I was just turning around OPs post 100% in order to show how subjective his argument is, like you said. I don't mind christianity, hinduism, buddism and many other religions, personally. I am not even an atheist myself.

And while my post IS just a parody of OPs (in case the pic didn't make that obvious enough) it stays true that relgion DID cause a lot of wars.

I wouldn't say there has been a massive decline in religion worldwide that explains it.

It's interesting that there has been a period of peace between Western countries after WW2, even as people have become less religious.

But the 20th century was very bad.

True. WW2 is what happens when people take the idea of religion being bad too far. The idea was to get rid of a religion in order to reduce suffering in the world. Even IF the jews are as bad as Holla Forums says, the problem is that in order to reduce conflict, they caused the most massive conflict in the world.

The problem is not atheism or religion, but taking it to the extreme. Neither christians or atheists tend to do so, so making it look like they are each others biggest enemy is completely ridiculous. Sure, there are exceptions like hardcore christans or hardcore fedoras but even though their screams on the net are sometimes louder then others (because, well, they are "extremists" for a reason) they are still so much in the minority that it doesn't cause conflicts which are even close to being a real war.

If anything, atheism and christianity should team up to "save western culture". Wouldn't be surprised if OP was a muslim or jew trying turn two enemies into enemies of each other. ;^)

WW2 is what happens JEWS.

I wouldn't mind a dose of extreme Christianity in the West right now

Jews caused World War II stop blaming the German people for standing up to them. The Jews constantly create trouble, constantly try to genocide the white race, they are the ones truly to blame for all these fucking useless wars.

I guess it kinda does. Your premise is flawed. Christianity didn't bring peace and prosperity, secularism and science did.

Beside Hitler was a jew/christian
Oh and

The Ku Klux Klan dindu nuffin rong. They were a vigilante group and enforced their own extra-judicial punishments on criminal scum both black and white. At the apex of the klan they had a 1% negro membership, totaling a few thousand negroes. They lynched more whites than niggers.

The crusades are the reason you aren't a fucking ugly hairy turk sandnigger right now. You should be grateful for that.

nu uh fgt

read The Enigma of Hitler by Leon Degrelle it's not even a very long text but it captures his true religious worldview.

He studied all religions and had a concept of the perennial philosophy.

He also was critical of but also praising of every religion.

counter-currents.com/2012/04/the-enigma-of-hitler/

No; demographics did. Prosperity, stability, and peace are the natural result of a nation being populated by whites. Add some jews and non-whites into the mix and then you get problems.

Yes, and I assume you assume atheism goes hand in hand with multiculturalism.

You don't seem to grasp the difference between philosophy and politics.

Science began with the idea that the laws of nature were consistent- God had created a consistent mechanical universe.

Without the belief in a Deity this idea would never have got off the ground

Crusades did nothing wrong
The rest of them weren't very large scale and perhaps didn't do as much.

You ought to look at the French Revolution and ponder it a bit. The leaders, at least, were quite strong atheists

It's extremist behaviour.
A reaction from religious leaders to defend christianity provoked by islamic warmongers.
Regardless of how good it was or how bad it was for today.
It's extremism.
Btw KKK was larger in 1920's and 1960's

youtube.com/watch?v=Sz42hBg4jys

Is there a pic like that that has sources for both sides of the argument? Because Holla Forums usually loves bombing people with links and sources if challenged to do so.

Shit's never black or white, I'm guessing both sides have lots of truth to them.

there's likely no sources supporting the claims from Holla Forums regarding the crusades outside of Holla Forums or biased, slanted religious material

This is some retard shit. Without a deity the baseline is a consistent mechanical universe that we can figure out. Without any fucking tower of babel, apple of eden allegory to fuck up our sense of discovery. You are the historical sjws, prudes, censors and moral busybodies, the fucking brakelines of civilization. It´s only recently that some of you seem sane but that´s only because modern feminism is really fucked up.

The modern day people are their own Gods. Humans are fucking themselves by trying to give themselves purpose that isn't there. Without God you find a society of autists with delusion of grandee, not here to benefit the future just here to jerk off because the only thing that matters to them is cumming

REDPILL TIME

If you Google "first monotheistic religion" what does it return? Judaism which is about 3500 years old. We have been taught to believe Judaism created monotheism: this is the bluepill. But the truth is that Aryans, not Jews, created monotheism.

500+ years before the Jews worshiped a single deity or even existed as "Jews," the ancient Iranians/Persians were worshiping a single God. Zoroaster, the prophet of the Zoroastrian religion, originated the concept of monotheism. In a time when Semites and Aryans alike were Pagans, Zoroaster perceived of a single all-good God. Zoroaster also perceived of a single all-evil entity called "Ahriman." This monotheistic world-view united the Iranian people and they were able to become proficient in mathematics, medicine, psychology and what we today call "Science." They were so respected for their skill that the Babylonian sorcerers adopted their title: Magi. And it is from this that we get the words magic and magician.

The Jew, seeing how prosperous monotheism made the Aryan, stole or co-opted the religion for themselves. Instead of Aryans being the chosen ones of God they God they first perceived, the Jew became the chosen one of God the God (((they))) stole].

And this is the origin of Judaism. What then is the origin of Christianity…?

Christians didn't decide slavery was bad from looking at the bible. Christians didn't decide that stoning a bride who's not a virgin was bad from looking at the bible. Christians didn't decide witch burning for 5 centuries was bad from looking at the bible.

Jesus was the son of a Jewish woman and a Zoroastrian priest. From his youth he was educated and trained in both Jewish and Zoroastrian theology and law. There is even evidence of this in the Bible itself. Jesus' mission was to bring Judaism closer to Zoroastrianism, because Judaism is/was so toxic that it's teachings threatened everyone else. Jesus died to save the Jews from their own immorality. Not the Son of God but the Son of an Aryan, even Jesus could not redeem the Jew.

Asked Holla Forums if they have a pic with some evidence.

They told me the pic is full of shit since they are not about religion at all, do not support the crusades and banned me for a month. Just so you know.

These people were bad because their modus operandi was too much like faith based dogmatism. No person, not even a christian could possibly accuse them of too much reason, too much skepticism.

yeah i saw. was in the thread.

But to everything we subject to scientific scrutiny for the good of mankind. Why can't we scrutinize religion in the same fashion?
The moment you scrutinize religion for it's historical truth, usefulness or morals, it fails reliably.

lrn2metaphor

I don't see a contradiction.

You better have a reference for the claim that this was ever the general consensus among scientists.

wtf, I'm a Christian now

Without a deity the default is retarded magic and voodoo. Why would you assume a consistent universe you can perform experiments in?

Pathetic

Ebic

hard atheists are usually edgy kiddies that had poor parenting given to them
they are often christians because its cool to be a lapsed christian